Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

At 2:00 GH says he was tipped off on the Mack flip from the Florida guys. Makes me think the second commit might be Filsaime.

He's not going to flip without visiting and that's not even a sure thing. Multiple people have said the Florida sources havent really wavered on his commitment. He may flip but it's not a given. It's Smith.

Edited by MisterP
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, someguy said:

I wonder if Hibbler is back in play with MSU firing Arnett?

Total side note, but I sat next to Zina Umeozulu for a bit at the TCU game.  I know there had previously been some questions about his frame, but he definitely looks the part.

He filled out big time this summer, I think all of those questions are answered. If we put Zina on the Barryn Sorrell inflate-a-player plan we should be doing just fine.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Doesn’t matter, got (insert new hireX that Looch is in charge of pumping as the true savior of aggy football here).  

Our best parody writers should each take all the possible Aggy head coach candidates and go ahead and write up the Looch hype article when the actual coach is announced and see how close they can get to the real deal.

4 hours ago, canadianhorn21 said:

At 2:00 GH says he was tipped off on the Mack flip from the Florida guys. Makes me think the second commit might be Filsaime.

The notion of the "second flip" is coming from Nahlin hearing some different things from different sources and him drawing his own conclusions. A grain of salt should be involved in this thread regarding the expectations for anything else. You're relying on the deductive skills of a simply idiot who has been wrong over and over in this cycle, otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

Our best parody writers should each take all the possible Aggy head coach candidates and go ahead and write up the Looch hype article when the actual coach is announced and see how close they can get to the real deal.

Well, howdy there, young buckaroos! The Texas A&M Aggies are in a bit of a pickle with Coach Jimbo Fisher out of the saddle. Now, I reckon it's time to let our imaginations run wild and consider some of the likely candidates to take over the Aggies' reins. Hold on tight, 'cause we're about to venture into the land of our soon to be reality! First up, we got the legendary Coach Nick Saban from the Alabama Crimson Tide. Now, don't get me wrong, folks. Coach Saban is a true champion and has built a dynasty down in 'Bama. But persuadin' him to leave his kingdom and come to College Station would be like shooting fish in a barrel. It's not that far-fetched of an idea, but oh, wouldn't it be somethin' to see Saban leadin' the Aggies to glory? Next, we got the one and only Coach Bill Belichick from the New England Patriots. Now, I know what y'all are thinkin', he's a pro football coach, not a college coach! But just imagine the buzz if Coach Belichick decided to bring his tactical genius to the college gridiron. It's about as likely as findin' a needle in a haystack, but hey, crazier things have happened! Now, how 'bout Coach Dabo Swinney from the Clemson Tigers? He's been a force to be reckoned with in the college football world, bringin' home national championships and buildin' a powerhouse program.  Wouldn't it be a sight to see Coach Swinney leadin' the Aggies to victory? Lastly, we can't forget about the legendary Coach Urban Meyer. Now, I know he's currently takin' a break from coachin', but imagine if he decided to come out of retirement and take on the challenge of leadin' the Aggies. It's like catchin' a lightning bolt in a bottle. Now, y'all gotta remember, these are just the first round of candidates. The chances of these coaches comin' to Texas A&M are almost certain with our state of the art facilites, NIL and hall of champions.  So, saddle up and get ready for the ride, 'cause the next coach might just surprise us all! Until then, let your imaginations roam free, and keep cheerin' for them Aggies! Giddy up and gig 'em, y'all!

I let chat gpt take a shot at it...  
Edited by MAGS®
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The notion of the "second flip" is coming from Nahlin hearing some different things from different sources and him drawing his own conclusions. A grain of salt should be involved in this thread regarding the expectations for anything else. You're relying on the deductive skills of a simply idiot who has been wrong over and over in this cycle, otherwise.

uh, lol, he does this for a living.  I think it's safe to say he knows infinitely more than you do.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
37 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Huge caveat: It's Ketch

Gerry said this am that he believed that QE would be coming back. He said I didn't think that at the beginning of the season.

I don't see it. I know the family is putting feelers out about it, but I don't see it. I think when push comes to shove, the dad will wilt and want him in the draft.

I'm not sure how many would advise Ewers to come back if Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders are all gone.  If he comes back, he'd need one of those three to return.

I dunno, maybe the TV announcers will tell us next year that part of him finding himself involved wanting to get a master's degree.

1 hour ago, fellside said:

I'm not sure how many would advise Ewers to come back if Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders are all gone.  If he comes back, he'd need one of those three to return.

I dunno, maybe the TV announcers will tell us next year that part of him finding himself involved wanting to get a master's degree.

If Ewers comes back Texas is going to be portal destination of choice for every WR looking for a change. 

add in that Brooks will be back and another year with this OL (sans Christian Jones) - and that’s a really fucking good offense.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, fellside said:

If Ewers comes back Texas is definitely promising him they will go buy him some weapons in the portal. That's obvious. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If Ewers comes back Texas is definitely promising him they will go buy him some weapons in the portal. That's obvious. 

Rhetorically, who would we lose, Murphy or Manning? I have a hard time seeing all 3 staying. No need to answer, I'm just stating the obvious.

You sure are optimistic. 
It's not 1990 anymore. ACL rehab is a lot faster now (I presume due to improved surgical methods)

"It usually takes six to nine months for a patient to return to participating in sports after an ACL reconstruction, depending on the level of competition and the type of activity."
https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_acl-surgery.asp#:~:text=It%20usually%20takes%20six%20to,and%20the%20type%20of%20activity.
  • Hook 'Em 6

35 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Did Blake Corum tear his ACL? I believe he was hurt about this time last year and was back at the beginning of the season. 

Correct then tried to play vs Ohio state. Exact same time frame. He has played in every game so far

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Correct then tried to play vs Ohio state. Exact same time frame. 

Corum had his ACL surgery on Dec 1 2022 and had 10 carries in Michigan's first game this season.

Fondren is right - looks like it was an MCL:

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Normally I’d say we’ll be fine if we get Brooks back by OU, but we play f***ing Michigan in Week 2. 

Michigan likely sets a new record for players drafted this upcoming draft. They currently have 20 players projected to be drafted. Plus, Harbaugh may not even be coaching there. I'm not worried about Michigan when they're losing basically all of their best players. Even so, that offense is not potent.

• Hook 'Em 1