Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Crawford getting drafted as a special teams only player is entirely Nahlin wishcasting.  If NFL teams don’t think he can handle meaningful reps at safety, he’ll go undrafted. 

Look at the Texans. They’ve had so many injuries in the secondary that every secondary player on the roster has a start. 

Schooler is a uniquely Patriots case. 

37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I've got to say that I like the quality of comment you get from the Florida board. I've been told it's a solid university. It's reflected in their message board. I look forward having them around. If any Gators are lurking and reading this, you'll find that smart and funny are always welcome here. 

ETA: The quip about Crabtree being the only guy Blake Gideon has ever put in the NFL was stellar.

Stupid and dickheaded find their way here, too. And much surliness.

Yep, I agree.

First saw this during the Robinson recruitment.  Despite their - ah - anguish, they seemed to be a pretty funny and laid-back crowd.  

A few of the Aggie 247 gang can be like that too - not many, though.

I guess passion and perspective can coexist ... except in most of College Station.  And ALL of Texags :-).  

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Crawford getting drafted as a special teams only player is entirely Nahlin wishcasting.  If NFL teams don’t think he can handle meaningful reps at safety, he’ll go undrafted. 

Look at the Texans. They’ve had so many injuries in the secondary that every secondary player on the roster has a start. 

Schooler is a uniquely Patriots case. 

I think he's a UDFA that makes a roster. The On3 article from this season talking about him being drafted came from Matt Zenitz talking to Jim Nagy, executive director of the Senior Bowl.

Screenshot_20231216_125659.thumb.jpg.509d36160a69ce1fd730c35ba085bab1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It might be in the podcast linked about 10 posts up but something else Bobby reported: Texas is selling Tyanthony on being the only LB commit in the 2024 class and that's why Texas canceled the visit from current Utah commit, Hunter Andrews.

Seems like a superfluous thing to be able to leverage with the portal now. 

5 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I tried the Night Hawk Steakhouse (Interregional Hwy & US 290) before it closed. Good steak.

I miss the 24oz steaks and their giant blocks of swiss cheese at The Old San Francisco Steakhouse (on Interregional Hwy) the most, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It might be in the podcast linked about 10 posts up but something else Bobby reported: Texas is selling Tyanthony on being the only LB commit in the 2024 class and that's why Texas canceled the visit from current Utah commit, Hunter Andrews.

I’m skeptical Hunter Andrews was going to ever flip. Both his parents are aggy and he lives in Magnolia. If he flipped to Texas, they’d make him sit him outside at church. 

Additionally, his sister is already at Utah. It was the easiest compromise school. 

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Think they wait to see how things go with Daelyn Evans?

Gerry mentioned Evans in another column. He said the Texas staff would have to decide this weekend to either take Foster or fight it or Evans and McKinley. 

Then he posted his best class scenario. Foster in and no McKinley or Evans. Gerry of course loves Foster’s WINGSPAN, arm length, and hand size. 

I’d sign Foster, and duke it out for McKinley. He might the only NSD2 signee that Texas is recruiting. That’s a lot of bodies to throw at 1 player. It could work out. 

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

How much does our pursuit of Alex Foster have to do with the state of Solomon Williams' recruitment?

Pretty sure I heard on OTF that some coaches believe Foster will end up a DT and easily add 40-50 lbs in a year or two.  Sweat arrived at Texas a lot smaller.

Foster would likely be a redshirt for 2024 

Screenshot_20231216-151252_kindlephoto-21167720.thumb.png.b455fbb93e8157a692fedef463a41551.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Jesus Christ who cares if that fucking spare gets drafted in the last round or not. He’s gone and that’s what matters.

Well, I heard that Crawford has an extra year of eligibility and is making Filsaime and Mukuba think twice. Crawford has 10.6 100M speed so that's nice.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

How much does our pursuit of Alex Foster have to do with the state of Solomon Williams' recruitment?

This is just reading the tea leaves, but I think Solomon Williams' NIL is being allocated elsewhere and Foster doesn't cost anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

I tried the Night Hawk Steakhouse (Interregional Hwy & US 290) before it closed. Good steak.

I miss the 24oz steaks and their giant blocks of swiss cheese at The Old San Francisco Steakhouse (on Interregional Hwy) the most, though.

I ate at Old SF after my first ever Longhorns home game. Texas Tech vs. Texas, Halloween 1987, featuring Spuds McKenzie and David McWilliams in his coaching debut against his former team. /csb

Edited by Tex Pete

17 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

RIP Bennigan's and their Monte Cristo sandwiches.  Lulz.

They had a burger called the wheelhouse. Burger with a circle of their fried cheese. That was the shit. Also team bennigans Rueben. 

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I think he's a UDFA that makes a roster. The On3 article from this season talking about him being drafted came from Matt Zenitz talking to Jim Nagy, executive director of the Senior Bowl.

Screenshot_20231216_125659.thumb.jpg.509d36160a69ce1fd730c35ba085bab1.jpg

lol. Well gosh, I’d “star player” Blake Gideon believes it, I’ll take the fucking opposite. 

• Prepare your anus 1