Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Sure, go for it. It just shows the type of person you are. 

Dude, let him have the win.  I bet this will be counted in their win loss record along with the spring game.  Getting to .500 isn't going to be easy and the benefit of starting 2-0 before going through the early season gauntlet will be big

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I put off a Central Market run by 45 mins to wait around for this?

1700534496804?e=1704326400&v=beta&t=5pzc

The fool: I shall go to central market at 5:00 the Friday before Christmas weekend, surely it shan’t be crowded and out of items. 

The wise man: I went to Costco 2 weeks ago and purchased all the presents, clothing, and food I shall need for all winter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Okay what’s the timeframe on Butler 

This what you’re looking for?

Butler University is a private university in Indianapolis, Indiana. Founded in 1855 and named after founder Ovid Butler, the university has over 60 major academic fields of study in six colleges.

On January 15, 1850, the Indiana General Assembly adopted Ovid Butler's proposed charter for a new Christian university in Indianapolis. After five years in development, the school opened on November 1, 1855.

Former names:

North-Western Christian University (1855–1877) 
Butler College (1896–1906)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Pretty sure the Texas comments were trolling….   Thought that all along.  You don’t commit to A&M if you are that highly rated and not visit Texas if they are “your dream school”.   Clearly a troll job.  

Is trolling cool? Asking for a friend. 

5 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I was going to be a little more direct, I think Junior and CTJ aren't hip to 15 year old tv shows.

image.thumb.png.401e6f8ac1a5b813ab48480c860c9080.png

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Never watched it while it was on. Binged it with my wife in the summer of 2020 and thought it was great. Same for True Detective Season 2. Apparently, those shows were trash when released slowly but have been reviewed well when watched in short order. The amount of people I know who watched either of those the traditional way who mock me when I say that is absurd. 

Also, Breaking Bad is the opposite. It’s almost unwatchable if you binge it because it is just constant, angry, brutal, depressing shit. 

100% agree with CTJ on "Lost". I binged the show back in 2012 & loved it. "Lost" has the GOAT TV show musical score IMO.

The disconnect between folks who watched "Lost" while it was on & the for folks who binged it after the show ended is wild AF. Like clockwork everyone who shits on "Lost" & encourages other people not to bother watching it are people who watched the show while it was on, meanwhile most who binged it later on likes the show. My theory is that the folks who watched "Lost" while it was on, got caught up in the goofy mysteries & cliffhangers and were unsatisfied how they were concluded. Meanwhile people who binged "Lost" after the series ended, don't need to get caught up in the goofy mysteries & cliffhangers becuz we can just move on to the next episode or season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

100% agree with CTJ on "Lost". I binged the show back in 2012 & loved it. "Lost" has the GOAT TV show musical score IMO.

The disconnect between folks who watched "Lost" while it was on & the for folks who binged it after the show ended is wild AF. Like clockwork everyone who shits on "Lost" & encourages other people not to bother watching it are people who watched the show while it was on, meanwhile most who binged it later on likes the show. My theory is that the folks who watched "Lost" while it was on, got caught up in the goofy mysteries & cliffhangers and were unsatisfied how they were concluded. Meanwhile people who binged "Lost" after the series ended, don't need to get caught up in the goofy mysteries & cliffhangers becuz we can just move on to the next episode or season.

Ketch just enjoyed being represented by someone of his...stature, on network television. 

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 7.32.55 PM.png

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Troll is funny.  We’ll see who the joke is on after this dumbass is stuck on that dumpster fire of a team for a couple of years.  Looking forward to a Ryan Thibodeaux - like career from him.

Just seems kinda strange. Publicly loving / praising your soon-to-be-rival then saying HA - you fell for it! 

But I don't know trolling from shinola.

Edited by mwaadeeb

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Visited Butler University when in Indianapolis 2+ years after our fantasy football draft in Louisville.

A former Butler girls soccer player showed me around. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9a939881a9c78f2bfeb153ab3d3cd670.jpeg

Saw the Hinkle Fieldhouse where they filmed the last basketball game in “Hoosiers”.

image.thumb.jpeg.9bdab73746c046941190a7e35c95cf7e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c8b0ec8b9be7bba494ccd606e31ae348.jpeg

And the interior.

image.thumb.jpeg.5aa0f677fece0dc0a3a9a17640c299cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.10233337fc051cfc6bd56f5cd1a3f208.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5893e1fbe98f5fc4b2dd48cf6304cbc2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e96b4585f8462f93912567e30c240697.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf815c811e8e795e6c573f1132fa4af.jpeg

And the soccer field next to the field house with the soccer girls’ dorms just beyond it.

image.thumb.jpeg.5641c8599ff882a90301f34b7f896af4.jpeg

And because there are rules, here’s my amiga on the steps of the war memorial in the middle of Indianapolis that has tons of Masonic characteristics and is where her morning exercise group meets for much of the year.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4ef2806f4979faa040eacd2971b9ea7.jpeg

Hinkle is an awesome venue.  People were very friendly when I visited also.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

Hinkle is an awesome venue.  People were very friendly when I visited also.

Yeah, really nice. 

The cheerleaders were practicing inside and a security was only going to let us take a photo of the Hinkle Fieldhouse placard (above) and then shoo us out of the concourse, but the cheerleading coach walked into the building about that time and invited us to come in and take photos of the interior if I wanted. 

There was ZERO opportunity of sneaking photos of the cheerleaders without being busted for perving, so I just acted like I was NOT a starving mongrel dog in a meat locker and concentrated on taking structural photos without creeping. (Oh… but I wanted to just perv away. 😅)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

The rise of the high school Aggy reporter is a legitimately awesome development for my own entertainment. I don't blame them for not being professional, they're kids, but the fact that their fanbase chooses to give them credibility rules because of course the kids are gonna fuck up and make them look dumb frequently.

I didn't even know he existed before today, and I have who I knows how many posts in here and the Aggie recruiting thread 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

It's one thing to keep your options open.  It's another thing to make the whole process about you.

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Lol, wut?

The issue is with the showboating and publicly making it about the individual.

Perhaps you don't understand that the whole process is about the ... wait for it ... individual. Identifying, recruiting, visiting, hosting, and signing the individual. For a lot of these kids, they are the biggest thing to happen in their schools and towns in a long time, if not ever. Towns close down for their games. Their signing ceremonies are celebrated in the school gyms, surrounded by their families, coaches, teammates, friends, classmates, etc. This is the culmination of everything they have put into sports. Let them have their moment.

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

It is about the individual, all of these decisions are about individual high schoolers doing what makes them feel best and believe are in their best interests and if your feelings are hurt by these kids I hope you find another hobby

This. College recruiting is not for the faint of hearts. The emotional swings and overwhelming volume of misinformation far exceeds the actual positions of the individuals and the coaches. The $9.95's and the diarrhea of analysts and recruirt-niks takes a practiced mind to sift through and process and digest the information, and ignore it, til the name is on the paper docusign.

Don't ridicule each individual for taking the time to evaluate all the information available and making an informed decision, for them, regardless of how that fits your time table and preconceived notions.

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, really nice. 

The cheerleaders were practicing inside and a security was only going to let us take a photo of the Hinkle Fieldhouse placard (above) and then shoo us out of the concourse, but the cheerleading coach walked into the building about that time and invited us to come in and take photos of the interior if I wanted. 

There was ZERO opportunity of sneaking photos of the cheerleaders without being busted for perving, so I just acted like I was NOT a starving mongrel dog in a meat locker and concentrated on taking structural photos without creeping. (Oh… but I wanted to just perv away. 😅)

No cheerleaders when I went there.  My two brothers in law & I went to the bookstore on game day and they actually let us shoot a few hoops .  CSB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Don't ridicule each individual for taking the time to evaluate all the information available and making an informed decision

Yeah, that's what Evans was doing, lol.

He was trolling.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If that's the kind of player you want at Texas, fine, but I don't.

• Hook 'Em 6

Yeah, that's what Evans was doing, lol.
He was trolling.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If that's the kind of player you want at Texas, fine, but I don't.

I don’t know why it just occurred to me, but Fong was actively helping his buddy Elko try and troll us. There was absolutely no serious talk about Evans and Texas until those weird quotes on NSD.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2