USMNT 2021

Napoleon

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Haha I'm trying. Imagine we'll pull through, even with a loss tomorrow, but this McKennie nonsense and fuckery from CONCACAF and Honduras is adding insult to injury.

If we lose tomorrow... I mean I don't even know what hyperbolic statement to make here. I'm just going to refuse to believe that. 

Italians try and fuck everything that moves. Weston will probably get a banquet in his honor when he returns. 

But still... can we get through the first fucking window without breaking team rules? One of the issues with this team is that all of the young guys are better than the old guys and not likely to listen or respect any wisdom being sent their way. The old guys are also probably less likely to even dole that wisdom out. 

Pulisic is so fucking key to this entire thing. He has this team on his shoulders but at some point he's going to need to understand that he can't just show up and play well. He needs to hold these guys accountable and make his teammates better. He has the most big time soccer experience of anyone on this team by far. 

To ask that of a 22 year old is completely unfair but it seems to be our reality under this HC. Let's hope he's game for it. 

38 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  I'm starting to buy into the idea that Gergg is going to cost us a WC appearance with his mouthbreathing ignorance.   

And it’s the worst kind of ignorance. He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and that other people simply can’t comprehend his tactical brilliance. But in reality, he’s in way over his head, totally unprepared, and not as smart as he thinks he is. So in other words, he’s Tom Herman. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

And it’s the worst kind of ignorance. He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and that other people simply can’t comprehend his tactical brilliance. But in reality, he’s in way over his head, totally unprepared, and not as smart as he thinks he is. So in other words, he’s Tom Herman. 

I did say Mouthbreathing.  That includes blissfully unaware or vociferously willful of their ignorance.  

Edited by Trey3216

22 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I will say again…

If we are playing TWO up front, then we should absolutely play two who play together for club if possible. 

In October I want to see Pepi & Jesus up front. Sargent or Hoppe can play one wing and Puli can play the other. 

(Bench Dest, because he sucks in CONCACAF.

Cannon & A. Robinson on the sides in the back. Make it fucking happen!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

oh i thought it was an 8:30 central kick

No - it's at 9:30 because Honduras is apparently in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I thought it was to the East of the central US if anything but guess I need to sharpen up on my geography.