USMNT 2021

Napoleon

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

So guys, is this a good time to ask, what the fuck is the CONCACAF Nations league?

established in '18, this is the first iteration, delayed a year by the rona.  it is meant to bring structure to concacaf national teams playing during fifa international friendly dates honored during the european club calendar, and is a response to the uefa nations league which was created for the same purpose in march '14.

in other words, money.

By the way - I was a complete dick in this match thread tonight and I apologize for none of it. Fuck you if you doubt Pulisic, fuck you if you trust this org still, and fuck you if you aren't on board after tonight anyway.

This team is stupidly talented and they can do whatever they want to manage these guys or put them in positions to fail but it's not going to matter because this is a freight train building up speed that's end destination is eventually smashing through the World Cup.

I'm hyped for the future for the first time in years.

God I missed real sports so much. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's what happens after playing in europe

friedel had this bizzare cockneymersey thing going when he came back after 20 years in the prem

That’s fair.  I’ve started talking with a Delaware County accent after watching Mare of Eastown these last couple of months. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's what happens after playing in europe

friedel had this bizzare cockneymersey thing going when he came back after 20 years in the prem

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

That’s fair.  I’ve started talking with a Delaware County accent after watching Mare of Eastown these last couple of months. 

Having lived in Boston, I am starting to pick up the law of conservation of R's.

Oh dear.  They're going to destroy this poor Mexican girl.

Edit: Reference.  They're about to bring back the former Mexican national team player that was on before the game.  The guys were giving her a pretty hard time pre-game.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Edit: Reference.  They're about to bring back the former Mexican national team player that was on before the game.  The guys were giving her a pretty hard time pre-game.  

She deserves all of it. She was being a smug bitch all week. Plus she's from California - not Mexico. And I don't care that she plays for the Mexican women's national team - they're a shitty team!

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I would give her a hard time pre-game as well.  And a harder time during the game

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Well gents - this has been one crazy night. I was glad to see us win and live stream it here with you all. Let's do this again whenever this next Nations League thing happens, or even the Gold Cup!

we won't see this same batch with all the top guns in the gold cup, next go will be the 3-game stretch of qualifiers

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck you Janelly. All of our goalkeepers stepped up. Don't talk shit about Steffen.

EDIT: OMG bullshit - Gooch wasn't talking about physical violence towards Janelly. WTF?! It's sports players and fans talking shit. He doesn't need to apologize.

Edited by UDontKnow

Also - this might be crazy - but I'm starting to believe in Greg a little bit. I thought tonight was pretty well managed outside of Miazga somehow not being ahead of Ream or McKenzie. Having Pulisic take corners is a great adjustment - and it goes in step with what some of us are saying about him probably optimally serving in a CAM role for this team. 

If Greg figures that last bit out and has Pulisic start playing as a forward 6 with maybe Weah and Reyna on the edges I'd buy in further.

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

I missed it, what did Gooch say?

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

What did Gooch say that was so offensive?  

I think it was at halftime something about beating up on Janelly. It was purely from a sports fan standpoint like ribbing an opposing fan. It's an over the top PC reaction, IMHO.

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Normal mexico fans bullshit. Running on the field multiple times, and throwing shit at players. In the stands they weren't that bad but I get a few beers thrown at me 

You're like 6'4" did those mexicants really wanna tussle with you? Mile High ain't Estadio Azteca.

• Haha 1