Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

COWBOYS CB TREVON DIGGS ACCUSED OF BEATING IG MODEL, THREATENING HER WITH GUN VIOLENCE (PICS)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/19/cowboys-cb-trevon-diggs-accused-of-beating-ig-model-threatening-her-with-gun-violence-pics/
Trevon-Diggs-chinese-kitty-1024x512.jpg

Trevon Diggs might be receiving a call from the league about accusations from a young lady.

Insanely popular Instagram model Chinese Kitty took to her Instagram story and called out Dallas Cowboys cornerback Trevon Diggs for not only assaulting her, but riding around and threatening her with gun violence.

Via WagsUnfiltered:

Kitty said: “How you a man so quick to put hands on a female. @TrevonDiggs riding around calling my phone threatening me with guns. That’s sick. This y’all role model?”

She continued: “We got whole football players out here threatening females. (Tags Trevon and the NFL) This the type of role models that represent the NFL?”

She also posted the evidence.

trevon-diggs-1.png

trevon-diggs-2.png

Trevon-Diggs-3.png

Trevon-Diggs-4.png

Maybe they took it out of context when he said he would hit that...

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe I missed something, but why isn’t DL the obvious choice in the 1st round?   The Cowboys were on pace for the worst run defense in 50 years for much of the season, and their best pass rusher was a guy who had been inactive for 5 years before Jerry dug him up from the scrap heap.

No DL is considered a top 10 or really almost top 15 prospect.  No DT is really a top 25 prospect and our 20 million DE is actually very good at the run.  I do think they would like to get another pass rusher but they're willing to also push their chips in with Gregory.  Maybe Anae can add some situational help.  A DT is probably in the mix in the middle rounds.  Probably a LB too on the 2/3 day, just depends on the how they build their draft.  If it's an OT in the first, then it's a CB probably at 44 of a trade up for a CB and then fill in the rest.  If it's a CB in the 1st, then you can go some different ways and probably BPA in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe I missed something, but why isn’t DL the obvious choice in the 1st round?   The Cowboys were on pace for the worst run defense in 50 years for much of the season, and their best pass rusher was a guy who had been inactive for 5 years before Jerry dug him up from the scrap heap.

Many project the only DT worthy of 1st Rd selection is the BAMA guy, and he's projected late 1st round or early 2nd.

Hopefully the Cowboys can find DL help Rounds 3 thru 7

Cowboys Draft Picks 2021

• Round 1     - No. 10
  • Round 2    - No. 44
  • Round 3   - No. 75  and - No. 99
  • Round 4   - No. 115 and - No. 138
  • Round 5.   - No. 179
  • Round 6   - No. 192 and - No. 227
  • Round 7    - No. 238

48 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The most basic looking non-NFL looking dude I can really play ball you’ll be missed Sean Lee’

I saw him at a restaurant once and he was fucking huge. neck was ridiculous. I understand that he didn’t look imposing next to other NFL players in pads, but he definitely did not look normal. 

Just now, futureman said:

I saw him at a restaurant once and he was fucking huge. neck was ridiculous. I understand that he didn’t look imposing next to other NFL players in pads, but he definitely did not look normal. 

Seriously?    I just picture him as the dude working the desk at the ymca haha

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Good. As long as there’s one of Pitts, Sewell, Horn or Surtain at 10 

But a few mocks have all 4 gone before the 10th pick...  Leaves Cowboys with Parsons or Slater, or trading down. 

Really need all 5 QBs to get picked before Dallas or Fields available at #10 so Cowboys have options to trade down.

Also Gallup might get dangled as trade bait since in final year of rookie contract...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/4/26/22402820/the-possibility-that-the-cowboys-will-dangle-michael-gallup-as-trade-bait-in-the-draft

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

But a few mocks have all 4 gone before the 10th pick...  Leaves Cowboys with Parsons or Slater, or trading down. 

Really need all 5 QBs to get picked before Dallas or Fields available at #10 so Cowboys have options to trade down.

Also Gallup might get dangled as trade bait since in final year of rookie contract...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/4/26/22402820/the-possibility-that-the-cowboys-will-dangle-michael-gallup-as-trade-bait-in-the-draft

Thats good if all 4 are gone, that means a QB is there and we can get a kings ransom to move back

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Slater is a really nice pick at 10.  That's not a disappointing scenario at all.

And there's no substantial report that Gallup is on the trading block, even your link admits that and we've even discussed it here.  However, Stephen and McClay have shown no appetite to trade players before their contract is up, doing it very rarely.  They probably look at it the possible compensatory pick (3/4th rounder) and say, if that's what we get for 4 years of Gallup, so be it.  I've promoted a Gallup trade in the unlikely scenario where Pitts fall to us and every other reasonable option is off the board.  Draft Pitts, move Gallup for some defense or a pick which could be used for some defense.  All of that is just fan speculation, like the link above, and probably has low odds of being implemented.

This is interesting.  Ojulari, who could be an option if Dallas trades down, suddenly has some medical concerns.  Hard to know if it's legit as organizations are putting out all sorts of smoke this time of year.

Kind of agree with this...... Think these are the guys if we don't trade out.

Trading down is so fucking stupid. I could see if we were an established winning team and we can afford to but a team who has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, go get a player at 10. That is a starter and can help right away. Jerry used to do this shit back in the day and it never worked. There is no way at all there is not one single player in the 10 slot that can help us. Our entire defense is full of holes. Go find someone. We have holes in our OL as well. But OL is not something I would want them to spend another high pick on.

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Trading down is so fucking stupid. I could see if we were an established winning team and we can afford to but a team who has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, go get a player at 10. That is a starter and can help right away. Jerry used to do this shit back in the day and it never worked. There is no way at all there is not one single player in the 10 slot that can help us. Our entire defense is full of holes. Go find someone. We have holes in our OL as well. But OL is not something I would want them to spend another high pick on.

Trading back to 15 and picking up an extra second this year and still getting Horn is my dream scenario. Trading back is fine, just have to still get a legit starter. To me the difference between surtain and Horn is minimal, if you view both evenly but think you can pickup an extra pick then trade back a little bit. This isn’t a one player fix

Heard on two different radio shows today that a few teams/analysts have graded only 15 players as true 1st round worthy picks...

Anyone have an actual list that shows the "true 15" graded 1st round picks??

Also heard that the limited Intel on this draft class may cause several teams to be much more conservative with their early picks.

Things that limited players Intel due to COVID:

• No NFL Combine
  • Limited medical info on players
  • Several players opting out
  • Scouts were not allowed or limited to travel to see players practice and play during the CFB season
  • Fewer CFB games played and less non-conference games

Debating whether Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn the better choice for the Cowboys

"The general consensus among lead draft experts is that Surtain is the better player, but there’s a significant contingent of people who prefer Horn. Florida tight end Kyle Pitts seems to be in that contingent, recently telling the Cowboys that Horn is the toughest player he faced this past season."

"If the Cowboys are looking for a sure thing to help complete their rebuilt secondary, Surtain is the obvious choice. If they want to take a bit of a gamble on upside, Horn is the pick. It’s an interesting debate to be had, and only time will tell which prospect becomes the better player. Here’s hoping the Cowboys end up on the right side of that debate either way." 

Good read if interested...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/4/27/22404808/is-patrick-surtain-ii-or-jaycee-horn-the-better-choice-for-the-cowboys-dan-quinn-trevon-diggs

Edited by LTtxfan
added link

Don't think Surtain matched up against Pitts all game like Horn did.

Think its close to a coin flip whether which guy will be the better NFL player. Those that pretend to know are fooling themselves.

Think being super physical as an NFL CB in coverage is overrated. Usually just results in more penalties. More about athleticism and proper technique.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Debating whether Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn the better choice for the Cowboys

"The general consensus among lead draft experts is that Surtain is the better player, but there’s a significant contingent of people who prefer Horn. Florida tight end Kyle Pitts seems to be in that contingent, recently telling the Cowboys that Horn is the toughest player he faced this past season."

"If the Cowboys are looking for a sure thing to help complete their rebuilt secondary, Surtain is the obvious choice. If they want to take a bit of a gamble on upside, Horn is the pick. It’s an interesting debate to be had, and only time will tell which prospect becomes the better player. Here’s hoping the Cowboys end up on the right side of that debate either way." 

Good read if interested...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/4/27/22404808/is-patrick-surtain-ii-or-jaycee-horn-the-better-choice-for-the-cowboys-dan-quinn-trevon-diggs

I think the general consensus is most scouts would prefer Surtain because he has a much higher floor, but more coaches would prefer horn because they love his dog mentality and they think he might have a higher ceiling if you can get the most out of him. 

Hopefully Surtain or Horn have as big of an impact their rookie seasons as:

Okudah- the Lions took him #3 overall YIKES

Henderson- Showed some promise early, regressed as the season went on playing for a team that didnt care and struggled to get the the QB

Terrell- the highest rated rookie CB last year. PFF coverage grade was 57.0, which is below average but led all rookies. Kindof the point Im getting at

Arnette-injured and inconsistent 

Igbinohene-sat behind Miami's elite veterans

Gladney- was decent but legal issues as is typical of TCU players

Cornerback is hard. Especially in this era where breathing on the receiver is a penalty. Rookies struggle. If we're gonna use a 1st on a corner might as well trade it for Gilmore. At least he wont suck for  3 years before figuring out how to play then leaving via free agency 

19 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

. If we're gonna use a 1st on a corner might as well trade it for Gilmore. At least he wont suck for  3 years before figuring out how to play then leaving via free agency 

Yeah we'd just have to immediately pay him a new contract...

38 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Hopefully Surtain or Horn have as big of an impact their rookie seasons as:

Okudah- the Lions took him #3 overall YIKES

Henderson- Showed some promise early, regressed as the season went on playing for a team that didnt care and struggled to get the the QB

Terrell- the highest rated rookie CB last year. PFF coverage grade was 57.0, which is below average but led all rookies. Kindof the point Im getting at

Arnette-injured and inconsistent 

Igbinohene-sat behind Miami's elite veterans

Gladney- was decent but legal issues as is typical of TCU players

Cornerback is hard. Especially in this era where breathing on the receiver is a penalty. Rookies struggle. If we're gonna use a 1st on a corner might as well trade it for Gilmore. At least he wont suck for  3 years before figuring out how to play then leaving via free agency 

It’s all about coaching. You have to hope Dan Quinn can get the most out of whatever corner they draft if they go that route. I know he drafted Terrell last year, but last year but I think as the d coordinator he would probably Have a little more influence on development 

On 4/27/2021 at 8:57 AM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Problem with trading down is the tier 2 cornerbacks this year all have injury concerns and the 1st round defensive linemen suck so you're in a weird spot unless a linebacker interests you. 

I dont think Barmore sucks. He was a redshirt sophomore that dealt with injuries the first half of this season so put out some bad film. He was the best player on the field in the playoff games though, but since Daniel Jeremiah and McShay have him slotted in the 20s (on their heavily agent influenced lists) I guess theres nothing we can do. 

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So Carolina has traded Bridgewater to Denver, meaning they are definitely taking QB.   Going to be a very interesting 1st round.  

No it doesn’t. They are rolling with Darnold. The Panthers are actually talking to the Patriots about their first rounder  

Edited by TonyTexas

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So Carolina has traded Bridgewater to Denver, meaning they are definitely taking QB.   Going to be a very interesting 1st round.  

They also traded for Darnold with 2 years left on his rookie deal (if they pick up his 5th year option). So they don’t necessarily have to.

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

They also traded for Darnold with 2 years left on his rookie deal (if they pick up his 5th year option). So they don’t necessarily have to.

True, but they've got some options for sure.  Someone is going to have to overpay a ton to move into their spot.  

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think the general consensus is most scouts would prefer Surtain because he has a much higher floor, but more coaches would prefer horn because they love his dog mentality and they think he might have a higher ceiling if you can get the most out of him. 

Agreed to some extent.  Also, Surtain is much cleaner.  Horn had a lot of DPI's last year and has 2 picks in 30 games at the college level.  He's a slightly better athlete but needs to be "coached up" in his technique.  He also may not be as good in zone.  Horn has all-pro appeal, but also bust risk.  Surtain probably has good odds to be a very productive player.  Also, I don't know if I care if a guy talks a lot about being great.  Reminds me of Terrell Buckley.  Ain't no Primetime in this draft at CB.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hmmm...

Second Round seems like a reach for both...

Nickel or Safety for Molden who played for PK at UW and obviously got training from Jimmy Lake (seems more like a 4th Rd pick maybe?).  One player comparison is "Honey Badger" but you better be sure about Molden's speed and quickness...

Jevon Holland was an opt out Safety from Oregon -- well thought of but expected to be available in the 3rd/4th Rd area.  Might be able to help at Nickel or CB as well but needs development...

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2021/4/19/22392300/washington-huskies-football-nfl-draft-profile-defensive-back-elijah-molden

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jevon-holland-nfl-draft-player-profile-oregon-safety/

Edited by LTtxfan