NYC vs the Trump Crime Family Watch Thread

PenelopeWitherspoon

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I mean, it's only a matter of time before his lawyers pull the "your honor, our client is just an old man suffering from dementia and is unfit to stand trial" move, right? 

And his Republican followers 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I remain somewhat optimistic that criminal charges are brought somewhere.  Whether he beats them or not may be a different question.

I am cautiously optimistic.  He won't have insiders providing him info, he won't have insiders who can shut down avenues of investigation, and he won't have a jury that can already decide he's innocent because they are scared of him, like he had with the US Senate.

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'd assume an attorney/firm worth a damn would estimate time/material for a two year period and demand full payment up front.  I'm completely ignorant to whether or not that is legal/ethical but the dude does NOT pay his bills, so don't see how they'd have a choice. 

he’ll find some maga train law firm 

• 3 weeks later...

The most disheartening thing about this is that it's against the Trump org and not necessarily any Trumps.

However, if they do indict Herr Weisselberg, I'm sure a serious motivation is to get him to flip on Dotard et fils et fille.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

The most disheartening thing about this is that it's against the Trump org and not necessarily any Trumps.

However, if they do indict Herr Weisselberg, I'm sure a serious motivation is to get him to flip on Dotard et fils et fille.

I would assume they would definitely get him to try and flip.

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would assume they would definitely get him to try and flip.

I seem to recall like early last summer, when the Trump Org was getting some press about the NYAG investigation, there were allegations of non-cooperation from various parties, including Weisselberg, and then all of a sudden he agreed to turn over more documents and sit for a deposition.  Makes me wonder if they are already getting to him.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/nyregion/trump-organization-criminal-charges.html?referringSource=articleShare

The Manhattan district attorney’s office has informed Donald J. Trump’s lawyers that it is considering criminal charges against his family business, the Trump Organization, in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

If the case moves ahead, the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., could announce charges against the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, as soon as next week, the people said.

• Hook 'Em 1

This feels like Sam Elliott in "The Contender" when they tell him they've got Shelley Runion on stock fraud, "STOCKS?  I want something sexual like midgets!"  

The CFO of a company he's not that involved with anymore probably dicked around on the taxes of some of his benefits packages.  That's the big news from Manhattan?

On 6/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, Updawg said:

I think it was benefits for trumps personal bodyguard. They are just trying to flip people right now. Especially the cfo

It's just Noel and he doesn't have privileged information, but he's probably right.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
The embedded tweet is from 2020

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

They tried to get Allen to flip. He won’t. Trump escapes again. 

The assumption that Allen flipping would result in Trump consequences was ridiculous anyway.  There isn’t a lack of evidence or a missing smoking gun to bring charges against Trump. There are however, plenty of excuses and an endless supply of “flippers” to keep kicking the can on holding Trump accountable. 

• Rage+1 1

I'd like to think the outcome of these investigations will be to expose Trump as a pretender president who only took the office to line his pockets.  Showing a history of that, and proving it continued throughout his term would be a way to show the American people that the rules and standards of obtaining and holding the office need to be revisited and shored up.

I'd also like to see his entire family groveling for spare change on a street corner in NYC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I have come to the point where I accept that Trump won't go to prison but I now hope all of these other fuckers that won't turn on him get sent to "pound me in the ass prison".  I know it won't happen.  Weisselberg will probably get a year at minimum security prison or won't go away at all.  That is the problem with the justice system in this country.  these guys know you can cheat and steal money and the consequence is hardly anything so they do it their whole life without blinking an eye.  Compare this to if you are a person of color in Mississippi and sell a joint or two and end up in prison for 10 years.  

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m more interested in the financial consequences of Trump Org being indicted. Seeing whispers that creditors can come calling now. Any finance people want to explain?

Depends on the reps and warranties in the credit agreements.  

It is more an issue that banks will not engage with them on future transactions than it is the current transactions, but again, I am not sure what is in the reps and warranties sections of his credit agreements.  

Guest Lobo
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

has anyone or anything ever benefitted from working for / with donald j trump ?

The Trump Organization turns 100 years old in like 18 months.  You'd think over that period of time, there'd be a bunch of "Trump-o-nnaires" like Dellionaires.  But outside of Donald and his children (sort of), nobody has ever actually gotten rich working for him or with him.  It's amazing.  Everybody I know in New York real estate that ever did a deal with him, they got their hurdle rate, maybe a little better, but that was it.  He fucked up more deals than he ever did well with.  

In 100 years of wealth, they've never started a foundation or a family office.  And none of his supporters find that odd.