I got stimulused

RPM

8 hours ago, ndawg said:

This morning, I've been poking around outside everywhere I could look for evidence that a hostile takeover of industry is afoot. Nearest I can tell, it appears that our free market hasn't been replaced with a Soviet style central planned economy just yet, but I'm hoping it arrives soon... once they tell us where the line will start for toilet paper and bread, my wife and I plan on setting up tent and camping out.

Stop complaining, comrade, and get back in your combine.

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

what in Christ's name are those?

Kinda boxy...

Them's the God damn AS700 and AS400 models, nimrod.  We're talking 60" of hand-crafted ash handle (that's what your mom likes, boi) and a machine-sharpened spring steel blade.  These bitches are pure unadultered hoeing mayhem.

Fucker.

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Them's the God damn AS700 and AS400 models, nimrod.  We're talking 60" of hand-crafted ash handle (that's what your mom likes, boi) and a machine-sharpened spring steel blade.  These bitches are pure unadultered hoeing mayhem.

Fucker.

That's nice, but Mrs. Canecutter brought me home a $3 hoe from a yard sale. She doesn't even mind. The more time I spend getting sweaty with that $3 hoe, the happier she is.

I'm still waiting on the first one. 

Not rich at all but haven't gotten any stimulus.

Sheeit... I still haven't gotten my 2019 tax returns.  Fucking IRS probably still hates me for the year 2000.

How long are they rolling the stimulus money out? My son still hasn't gotten anything. He tried checking the online tool, but he used his address from his 2019 taxes, but has since moved and had filed his 2020 taxes about 10 days before Biden sign the bill into law. The online tool gave him an error so he tried his current address. However, he got a message saying he'd already made one attempt and could not try again for 24 hours.

He got the first two rounds direct deposited into his account. 

12 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I work for a non profit.  Actually trying to make the world a better place. Most people in this city are also actually trying to make the world a better place.  

But rather than elect good governance types who focus in policy, most Americans elect shit heels who give them the feels about whatever grievance the shouting person in TV says they should care about. 

Stop blaming us and start asking your politicians questions about how government actually works.  Which will require you to actually educate yourself. Start with the Congressional Research Service. 

For some reason, probably my own faulty memory or having read something once over the last year that inferred it wrongly, I thought for sure you were a former politician and lobbyist. That’s why I made the comment.

I’m sorry for wrongly assuming and insulting you when you are, instead of being the swamp monster I accused you to be, you are doing non-profit work that you are passionate about and sacrificing for the service you believe in. That’s awesome. Even though you don’t need it I’m glad you got it— almost like a stipend or fellowship money to continue to fund doing great work!

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

For some reason, probably my own faulty memory or having read something once over the last year that inferred it wrongly, I thought for sure you were a former politician and lobbyist. That’s why I made the comment.

I’m sorry for wrongly assuming and insulting you when you are, instead of being the swamp monster I accused you to be, you are doing non-profit work that you are passionate about and sacrificing for the service you believe in. That’s awesome. Even though you don’t need it I’m glad you got it— almost like a stipend or fellowship money to continue to fund doing great work!

Wait, are you the deral?

Nonprofits can have lobbyists, too, fool. 

For the rest of y’all who got checks the first two times but not this time, they tightened the eligibility requirements at Manchin’s insistence .  They kept the same overall top line number,  but dramatically reduced the phase outs.  

The other issue is the IRS is broken, so if anything has changed, it could cause a delay. 

Edited by Bateshorn

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Wait, are you the deral?

For the rest of y’all who got checks the first two times but not this time, they tightened the eligibility requirements at Manchin’s insistence .  They kept the same overall top line number,  but dramatically reduced the phase outs.  

The other issue is the IRS is broken, so if anything has changed, it could cause a delay. 

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been below the max income threshold each time so that's clearly not why I've been stiffed on the last two.

24 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been below the max income threshold each time so that's clearly not why I've been stiffed on the last two.

Clearly the IRS doesn't know you exist. I recommend you completely stop paying all taxes.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Do you owe money to any baby mommas or baby mommas mommas out there?

On 3/19/2021 at 6:45 AM, Bateshorn said:

Wait, are you the deral?

So, I’m still waiting on my tax refund. Turbo tax said I should get it March 2nd or so. My forms were marked “accepted” per turbo tax on 2/11. Instill don’t have the money and when I look up the status on the IRS website it says it can’t find me. 
Is this pretty common- you have any idea what’s going on with the IRS right now when you call it broken?  

On 3/18/2021 at 10:16 PM, formermav43 said:

I think the surly 1% are actually those of us who got checks. Most everyone here is rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

It really is pretty amazing. I hope one day that’s me again. But for now I toil away and dream of the day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I’m still waiting on my tax refund. Turbo tax said I should get it March 2nd or so. My forms were marked “accepted” per turbo tax on 2/11. Instill don’t have the money and when I look up the status on the IRS website it says it can’t find me. 
Is this pretty common- you have any idea what’s going on with the IRS right now when you call it broken?  

i’m not an expert, but if you filed your 2020, return, you now need for the IRS to process it and update all your stuff before the stimulus can go out.  i haven’t filed yet, so it was much simpler from a computer point of view: he made x in 2019, he qualifies, direct deposit to the account on file. 

The IRS is completely fucked up.  it’s barely alive after years of GOP fuckery and decades of chronic bipartisan underfunding.  i’m waiting on some files regarding my parent’s estate and what should have been a 7-10 day turn around is now in month 4.

Basically, anything that isn’t super simple for the computer to figure out needs human intervention, which means big delays.

Edited by Bateshorn

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

i’m not an expert, but if you filed your 2020, return, you now need for the IRS to process it and update all your stuff before the stimulus can go out.  i haven’t filed yet, so it was much simpler from a computer point of view: he made x in 2019, he qualifies, direct deposit to the account on file. 

The IRS is completely fucked up.  it’s barely alive after years of GOP fuckery and decades of chronic bipartisan underfunding.  i’m waiting on some files regarding my parent’s estate and what should have been a 7-10 day turn around is now in month 4.

Basically, anything that isn’t super simple for the computer to figure out needs human intervention, which means big delays.

I got my stimulus money mo problem- it’s my 2020 refund I’m waiting on. 
they’ve got a $35k check they owe me and I’m trying to figure out when I’m getting it. That’s the one and only thing keeping me from being debt free other than the house right now-  not sure whats keeping them and if you knew something. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I got my stimulus money mo problem- it’s my 2020 refund I’m waiting on. 
they’ve got a $35k check they owe me and I’m trying to figure out when I’m getting it. That’s the one and only thing keeping me from being debt free other than the house right now-  not sure whats keeping them and if you knew something. 

sorry, beyond my expertise.  good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Received check for $1533.28 around APR 2, and received 2nd check for $1266.72 around APR 9.

I have read online that if you or your spouse claimed 'injured/ disabled spouse" there is a glitch that causes this issue.  We had no unusual claims or riders.  Those amounts just seem arbitrary as hell, although they still add up to the $2800 between my wife and me.

in 2019, we were actually over the threshhold slightly because when we moved, I got a relocation package( overvalued AF) that pushed us over. For 2020, we were back down below it.  When we received the first check, it said if your 2020 income is below the threshold, you will simply receive the balance of the stimulus as a credit in 2022 when you file your '21 taxes.  That irked me a little, as it was like, "Well thank you very much to helping yourself to a free loan, Mr Govament..."  Then the 2nd check shows up...  weird.

Edited by slorch