2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Man outside of the 3 game dumpster conflagration in May in Arlington and the 2 game dumpster conflagration of Greinke starts in Arlington this was pretty strong domination of the clowns.

That’s a lot of other thans, but I get your point. It’s nice and if it lasted for 100 years I’d still fee like they had it for that awful luck box 2016 team that won the division with shit players, voodoo and a negative run differential. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s a lot of other thans, but I get your point. It’s nice and if it lasted for 100 years I’d still fee like they had it for that awful luck box 2016 team that won the division with shit players, voodoo and a negative run differential. 

LOL it is remarkable that a team won 95 games with only a +8 run differential but it wasn't negative.  I think Joey Bats got them back though...

30 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

LOL it is remarkable that a team won 95 games with only a +8 run differential but it wasn't negative.  I think Joey Bats got them back though...

Must have finished strong. It was negative (and somewhat very negative) all the way into September. Worst team to ever win 95?  I say yes. 

So just throw it down the middle.  I don't get it either.  He's the only easy out in a stacked lineup.  He runs into one every once in awhile but I'd rather take my chances than put him on for the top of our order 10 times out of 10.

Edited by WBT

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Must have finished strong. It was negative (and somewhat very negative) all the way into September. Worst team to ever win 95?  I say yes. 

You would be hard pressed to find a 95 win team that underperformed more in the postseason especially as the #1 seed.

They got manhandled in the first game 10-1 at home.  They never led in game 2 at home and were behind in 8 of the 9 innings. 

Game 3 in Toronto they led by 1 run for half an inning twice (1-0 after top 1, & 6-5 after top 6th) and the game went into extra innings.

The Dodgers and Nationals were perceived as post season chokers but even they put up more of a fight in the LDS see 2014 LDS by #1 seed Dodgers won a game and lost 3 games by 2 runs or less.

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

You would be hard pressed to find a 95 win team that underperformed more in the postseason especially as the #1 seed.

They got manhandled in the first game 10-1 at home.  They never led in game 2 at home and were behind in 8 of the 9 innings. 

Game 3 in Toronto they led by 1 run for half an inning twice (1-0 after top 1, & 6-5 after top 6th) and the game went into extra innings.

The Dodgers and Nationals were perceived as post season chokers but even they put up more of a fight in the LDS see 2014 LDS by #1 seed Dodgers won a game and lost 3 games by 2 runs or less.

They got through the LDS, but 2001 Mariners have to be there

win 116 of 162.

down 2-1 in the LDS (after losing game 3 17-2) and cole back to get the series 3-2

But then lose the LCS 4 games to 1 

I think the odds of re-signing Correa are very low.  I hate it, but I think it's probably better for the team med and long term.  

I'd like to pick up Robbie Ray and Kris Bryant in the offseason to fill the holes we're going to have.  Bryant can play third and move Bregman to short.  Or play him in the OF or at 1st and let Diaz be your primary shortstop if you keep Bregman at 3B.

Your lineup would be (not in batting order):

Gurriel/Bryant 1B

Altuve 2B

Bregman/Diaz SS

Bryant/Bregman 3B

Brantley LF

Meyers/Siri CF 

Tucker RF

Castro/Stubbs C

Alvarez DH

SPs would be:

Ray

LMJ

Framber

Urquidy

Odorizzi

Luis Garcia

Cristian Javier

That's a solid 5-man rotation with 2 other SPs pitching out of the pen until needed to start.

Who knows about promotions from the minors.  Korey Lee at C, especially if we don't re-sign Maldy, Pedro Leon?, Pena?, Whitley? Solomon?

Maybe yes? Maybe no?  Maybe go fuck myself?