DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Or we could just have a process to let people escape death with their family.  

There is literally no public safety reason to break up and jail 99% of these families.

[GOP]Well you see, the children are brown, which means they will grow up to have abortions and commit crimes. Therefore we must cage them now so they won't infest our country[/GOP]

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

[GOP]Well you see, the children are brown, which means they will grow up to have abortions and commit crimes. Therefore we must cage them now so they won't infest our country[/GOP]

Most GOP probably feel they're just giving them a head start now getting comfortable in cages since they'll just wind up in jail. /s

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Are they here legally or illegally? Specify your sarcastic hyperbole. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

FIFY

No, you broke it for me.  The entire point of the post was that these immigrants could be legally granted asylum.  Instead Sessions has narrowed the grounds for asylum and is wrongfully turning away applicants from ports of entry.  The right doesn't want them at all, legally or otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

No, you broke it for me.  The entire point of the post was that these immigrants could be legally granted asylum.  Instead Sessions has narrowed the grounds for asylum and is wrongfully turning away applicants from ports of entry.  The right doesn't want them at all, legally or otherwise. 

Which is 100% a dick move, to be clear on my position.

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Or we could just have a process to let people escape death with their family.  

There is literally no public safety reason to break up and jail 99% of these families.

The top preference in my edit was "Address asylum application bandwidth". 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Spankytoes said:

Are they here legally or illegally? Specify your sarcastic hyperbole. 

Well, the folks showing up at port of entries looking for asylum are actively being strategized against by the trump admin, despite following a legal process. In fact, people following the process are in fact being detained and separated. So yeah, I'm calling bullshit on your dogwhistle horse shit. People trying to follow the legal process are being punished because trump and his administration are sociopaths with an ultra-nationalist bent that expresses itself through dehumanizing and abusing CHILDREN. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well, the folks showing up at port of entries looking for asylum are actively being strategized against by the trump admin, despite following a legal process. In fact, people following the process are in fact being detained and separated. So yeah, I'm calling bullshit on your dogwhistle horse shit. People trying to follow the legal process are being punished because trump and his administration are sociopaths with an ultra-nationalist bent that expresses itself through dehumanizing and abusing CHILDREN. 

Despite my position on this specific issue, I’m not Right leaning at all. I’ve come to realize that I’m not nearly as Left leaning as I once thought I was either. I probably fall closer to Left Center, which I personally hate because it seems that you’re on the fence. I’m not religious, so I have a fundamental disagreement with a lot of the justifications the Right has for their positions. But, the Left is equally as frustrating to deal with because they always feel that they have the moral high ground in a debate by latching on to something that isn’t even being claimed.

Fact: Gun violence is rampant in our inner cities, where the murder rate is also the highest. We need to do something about this. “So you are saying that all black people are bad? You hate black people!!!”

Fact: Mexico is the overwhelming the #1 country where our illegal immigration stems from. We need to implement procedures to stop this. “What?!? Why do you hate brown people?!?”

Fact: Radical Islam is the #1 cause of terroristic activities the world faces. “Not all Muslims are terrorists, you intolerant jackass! Your life must really suck!”

Fact: You cannot change your gender biology from a man to a woman. You can claim to be 25, but it does not change the fact that your body is really 42. This does not give license to ostracize those that identify as another gender. “Well, well. Look at the homophobes now! How does this affect your life?”

We have to somehow solve issues without identifying the cause of the issue because the facts somehow have a racist, homophobic, sexist and moral bias. This has heightened with the election of Trump as he is a vile, despicable man with the class of an aggy. It's making otherwise reasonable people such as yourself completely insane. If you could kindly show me where I have disagreed with your position, it would be beneficial so I can quote my own posts showing that it's completely untrue.

Let's not lose sight of the larger picture that Trump's new policy has nothing to do with the long term good of the United States or the immigrants or anybody other than what Trump perceives to be his own long term benefit. The wall itself is not about the long term good of the US. It's all something that sounds good to the brand of idiot that will vote for Trump. Sound. Just sound.

The kind of idiot that votes against Trump at least has some kind of moral compass and innate sense of outrage for something that is, on its face, wicked and shameful.

Wicked and shameless is the man that the American electorate made the face of America. It's a beautiful face, a wonderful face like no one has ever seen before. It should be on posters glued to public walls everywhere.

H5_Trump-mural-at-migrant-child-detentio

Just now, retread said:

Second paragraph in the link with the But Obama!

Like many of the Trump Administration’s sadistic immigration innovations, the new task force doesn’t reflect a change in the law. In fact, like a number of practices, including mass deportations, it builds on the legacy of the Obama Administration, which set in motion the process of reëxamining old naturalization files. L. Francis Cissna, the director of U.S.C.I.S., told the Associated Press that his agency is looking for people who “should not have been naturalized in the first place”—for example, those who had been ordered to be deported earlier and obtained citizenship under a different name—and this sounds reasonable enough. It’s the apparent underlying premise that makes this new effort so troublesome: the idea that America is under attack by malevolent immigrants who cause dangerous harm by finding ways to live here.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The wall itself is not about the long term good of the US. It's all something that sounds good to the brand of idiot that will vote for Trump. Sound. Just sound.

Yep. It's just a dog whistle for the latent racism in the GOP. One of several buzz words that Bannon suggested during the campaign that turned out to be gold for firing up his base.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They need to make the “blame the democrats” narrative stick. 

Nevermind only one party is responsible for CREATING baby jails.

giphy.gif

I guess file this under "whatever". Why don't we have gogreenglobal just build x-ray scanners instead of a border wall and just have people file their written statement for why they are coming into the country and emiliniate boarders all together? This guy wants to be governor once he talks to some masterminds and computer scientist about how to track people with x-rays.

• Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Second paragraph in the link with the But Obama!

That's the problem with Trump's policies. They take previous laws and policies and corrupt them for evil purposes. It's just like what he is doing at the border. On this very thread his supporters have identified two legal mandates that require this inhumane result: (1) a law designed to protect children from traffickers and (2) a settlement designed to ensure humane conditions for detained children. Again, the original purpose of the law is discarded, and its mechanics are used to conduct evil. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That's the problem with Trump's policies. They take previous laws and policies and corrupt them for evil purposes. It's just like what he is doing at the border. On this very thread his supporters have identified two legal mandates that require this inhumane result: (1) a law designed to protect children from traffickers and (2) a settlement designed to ensure humane conditions for detained children. Again, the original purpose of the law is discarded, and its mechanics are used to conduct evil. 

You're making a very strong argument for a much smaller government.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

You're making a very strong argument for a much smaller government.

You think I'm opposed to that for what reason? But I know you're a fucking idiot because I've seen your other posts. You can't conceive of anything that isn't team vs team. You can't conceive that maybe people who actually believed in the values the GOP said it was for (but never fucking implemented) are simply disgusted by the outright evil that has taken over the party. 

Question: What do the following groups all have in common, besides being the largest denominations accounting for over 120 million Americans?

• Roman Catholic Church
  • Southern Baptists
  • Methodists
  • Mormons
  • Church of God in Christ
  • National Baptists
  • Lutherans
  • Assemblies of God
  • Presbyterians
  • African Methodist Episcopals
  • Episcopals

Answer: They have all issued official statements denouncing the separation of children from families, and/or their leaders have publicly denounced/criticized the separation.   And that's just the larger denominations that I looked at - I just went down the list.

When a single politician gets those groups all on the same page in regards to a controversial issue, that's not always a good thing.

And yes, many of their members are going to be hypocrites as we've already seen, but those organizations are giving their members the green light to vote their conscious come November.

Most importantly, the Trump supporters in all of those organizations did not have the power/influence to prevent those organizations/leaders from issuing those statements or speaking out against the separation.  

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You think I'm opposed to that for what reason? But I know you're a fucking idiot because I've seen your other posts. You can't conceive of anything that isn't team vs team. You can't conceive that maybe people who actually believed in the values the GOP said it was for (but never fucking implemented) are simply disgusted by the outright evil that has taken over the party. 

Did I make the assertion you were opposed to it?

Accusing me of partisanship and then regurgitating the D party line is extremely weak.  Provide any posts where I have promoted GOP team.

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Did I make the assertion you were opposed to it?

Accusing me of partisanship and then regurgitating the D party line is extremely weak.  Provide any posts where I have promoted GOP team.

What party line? That this is evil? That should be line of every single human being on this planet. It is evil. 

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

That Nielsen lady must really want her Mexican food.

Funny; on Sunday she said there was no policy on separating families.

Now, she's allegedly drafted a policy to prevent it from happening.

Meanwhile, we have the policy drafted by the AG who says this needs to happen.

Here's an AP article about it: link

WASHINGTON (AP) — Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is drafting an executive action for President Donald Trump that would direct her department to keep families together in detention after they are detained crossing the border illegally, according to two people familiar with her thinking. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the effort before its official announcement.

It’s unclear whether the president is supportive of the measure. But Nielsen was on her way to the White House to discuss it with the president’s team, according to one of the people.

The person said the secretary believes there is little certainty that Congress will act to fix the separation issue that has been dominating news coverage and she is trying to find a solution. The order would ask the Department of Defense to help house the detained families.

Asked about the possibility of an executive order on immigration, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters: “We’ll keep you posted. When we have an announcement to make, we’ll make it.”

Trump had tweeted earlier Wednesday that he was “working on something.”

“It’s the Democrats fault, they won’t give us the votes needed to pass good immigration legislation. They want open borders, which breeds horrible crime. Republicans want security. But I am working on something - it never ends!” he wrote.

Homeland Security officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In 2015 when Trump first talked about building a wall, I was like, “This guy can’t be serious. What an idiot.”

Three years later he’s literally terrorizing thousands of little kids demanding the wall.

This is insane.

1000's of kids ain't showing up at the border with their parents. It's this kind of bullshit rhetoric that makes me laugh.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

1000's of kids ain't showing up at the border with their parents. It's this kind of bullshit rhetoric that makes me laugh.

They have put 2,000 children in detention centers since May.

In your estimation, how many of them were taken from their actual parents?

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Funny; on Sunday she said there was no policy on separating families.

Now, she's allegedly drafted a policy to prevent it from happening.

Meanwhile, we have the policy drafted by the AG who says this needs to happen.

And in between Sunday and today she said this was an issue only Congress could solve.

Just now, David Dennison said:

They have put 2,000 children in detention centers since May.

In your estimation, how many of them were taken from their actual parents?

I have no idea, but it's not 2000. Maybe the media should give us the facts, and not bullshit talking points about Nazi concentration camps. Of course, that would take courage, and the media has none.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I have no idea, but it's not 2000. Maybe the media should give us the facts, and not bullshit talking points about Nazi concentration camps. Of course, that would take courage, and the media has none.

Maybe the administration should provide those numbers to the media.