DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I have no idea, but it's not 2000. Maybe the media should give us the facts, and not bullshit talking points about Nazi concentration camps. Of course, that would take courage, and the media has none.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/1-995-children-separated-families-border-under-zero-tolerance-policy-n883716

1995 and that was five days ago.

Yeah, fake news and all. 

Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Does it end them now and reunite families or does it end the policy going forward?  Because you've got separated kids in New York, Michigan, etc. who will have to be transported back to their parents.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Does it end them now and reunite families or does it end the policy going forward?  Because you've got separated kids in New York, Michigan, etc. who will have to be transported back to their parents.

Let's be real. There are some that will never be reunited with their parents. 

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Wonder how he's going to claim victory from this one?  No wall and no new immigration policy are gonna make it a challenge.

"I'm signing this to immediately end this horrible issue of separating families, and I'm doing this because those heartless Democrats refused to do anything about it".

Millions will cheer.

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

"I'm signing this to immediately end this horrible issue of separating families, and I'm doing this because those heartless Democrats refused to do anything about it".

Millions will cheer.

Add a few "essential to strengthen our border" and "killing our people" and you have it. 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hopefully common sense prevails. 

It was an awful "solution" to a complex problem one that just didn't come up yesterday. This is a great thread from an immigration attorney we need less "political wins" and more common sense from ALL. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Wonder how he's going to claim victory from this one?  No wall and no new immigration policy are gonna make it a challenge.

He'll find a way that involves pointing out this was because of Obama or the Democrats, all the while ignoring it was his administration's directive that led to this. And the rubes will eat it up. The upside is at least it shows he can be shamed into doing something he'd rather not do. But he broke it so he now has to pay for it. The separations are real and catastrophic. This was yet another not well thought out or funded policy change. There is no way in hell DHS kept good records of who these children came with and how to get them back to their parents. 

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Millions will cheer.

and you fucktards will immediately pivot to 'Oh my gosh they are incarcerating children.'

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

It was an awful "solution" to a complex problem one that just didn't come up yesterday. This is a great thread from an immigration attorney we need less "political wins" and more common sense from ALL. 

Exactly this. There are issues that are not win vs lose. This is one of them. Do the right thing. 

So let me get this straight.

This Administration has made a conscious decision to enforce an immigration policy that leads to the separation of children from their parents, placing them in holding facilities.

In order for this inhumane policy to be stopped, the President is demanding congress  pass legislation with includes money to build a wall.

A wall that he promised Mexico would pay for.

and if any of this fails it is the Dem's fault?

is this the gist?

• Like 1

This is not going well. The president of the United States just insinuated that the United States would not be the United States if too many people enter through the southern border. I wonder what the vast majority of those people have in common.

"Overrun" is not a positive word.

Edited by David Dennison

http://archive.is/iQW0b

Peter Henry Fonda
Verified account @iamfonda

WE SHOULD RIP BARON TRUMP FROM HIS MOTHER’S ARMS AND PUT HIM IN A CAGE WITH PEDOPHILES AND SEE IF MOTHER WILL WILL STAND UP AGAINST THE GIANT ASSHOLE SHE IS MARRIED TO. 90 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE STREETS ON THE SAME WEEKEND IN THE COUNTRY. FUCK

Wow the tolerant left really cares about children!

• Fuck You 1

A song and dance at the White House right now...... It's pretty funny.  Basically, Trump is eating shit right now.  The Republicans are doing everything they can to explain their position and place blame on everyone else (Obama, courts, Democrats, etc, etc), but this is nothing more than a white flag PC. 

"Fuck, I totally misjudged the situation.  But I'm still right!  But I'm going to tuck tail for now because we're getting killed on this issue."

It's hilarious too.... a bunch of old white guys making excuses about immigration.  Not one of them folks of color in the room.  I think I did spot a woman.  So impotent.  Hey, there's Cornyn, speaking of impotent.

34 minutes ago, kevwun said:

29 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Millions will cheer.

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Add a few "essential to strengthen our border" and "killing our people" and you have it. 

Pretty much covers it.

Trump is the master of 1) creating a crisis, and then 2) claiming credit for solving the crisis.  He's the kind of fucker who would light your house on fire, let it burn for a while, then spray it down with the hose and talk about what a heroic firefighter he is, everyone is saying he's the best fireman guy there has ever been, believe me.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't think so.  Next week will be another ridiculous shit show and this too will fade.

Yep.

This is their plan.  Frankly, they need to be shut down.  Altogether.  No half-measures, no going from crisis to crisis.  This administration is a threat to the Republic, and needs to be shut down.  We need a full national general strike.  Shut down everything.

So Trump is now signing an Executive order reversing the family separation policy.  Where are all of the lying Trump defenders who claimed this was not possible, and that there had not even been such a policy? 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

One reason people like David French and his ilk have no credibility when whining about executive overreach is that they rarely (if ever) call out those actually responsible for the destruction of Congress as an effective legislative body.

It's just masturbation for David and his buddies, basically.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

So Trump is now signing an Executive order reversing the family separation policy.  Where are alll of the lying Trump defenders who claimed this was not possible, and that there had not even been such a policy? 

Do you believe that this EO creates exposure to a lawsuit on basis of Flores agreement? (I haven't read EO)

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty much covers it.

Trump is the master of 1) creating a crisis, and then 2) claiming credit for solving the crisis.  He's the kind of fucker who would light your house on fire, let it burn for a while, then spray it down with the hose and talk about what a heroic firefighter he is, everyone is saying he's the best fireman guy there has ever been, believe me.

Yep.

This is their plan.  Frankly, they need to be shut down.  Altogether.  No half-measures, no going from crisis to crisis.  This administration is a threat to the Republic, and needs to be shut down.  We need a full national general strike.  Shut down everything.

I don' think that is far enough. We are in civil war whether we know it or not.