What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

She can’t even comprehend that she could just collect her $200K salary plus lobbyist cash envelopes while doing the bare minimum to keep her seat, basically forever. There was no need to take a one time bribe and lose your gravy train. No fucking long game at all. She’s too stupid to be a politician and that’s a threshold I never thought I’d see.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

disagree and believe the opposite - look at aggy as the playbook - pubs will sign up for anything that reduces cognitive dissonance

Oh the republicans would LOVE to have her switch.

She’d be the token LGBTQ woman they can point to and holler about “We can’t be homophobic! We have that loudmouth queer lady with the crazy hair! See, how tolerant we are, kids! Vote for us!!!!”.

She and Tim Scott could be the perfunctory “woke” duo that can be trotted to run interference when when Gosar drops the N-word and T at Cris says Ty

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

She’s just a maverick from AZ.  We all like those.  

But please primary her with a progressive.  AZ won’t be running a McSally type in 2024.  

Nah we will just find someone like mark Kelly instead of an insanely hypocritical craven imbecile like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/11/big-pharma-has-a-powerful-new-shill-kyrsten-sinema-fighting-drug-price-reform

One valuable service the sack provides the board is when he posts you know you are hearing the latest right wing talking points.

Then, early last month, a corporate front group called Center Forward bought $600,000 worth of television and radio ads promoting Sinema in Arizona. The ads touted her “independence”, and characterized her as “a bipartisan leader” in the mold of the late Senator John McCain.

As The Daily Poster reported, Center Forward has been heavily bankrolled by Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the powerful Washington drug lobby. Two Center Forward board members lobby for PhRMA, as well as drugmakers Amgen, Bayer, Gilead Sciences, Eli Lilly, Merck, Novartis and Sanofi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

She’d be the token LGBTQ woman they can point to and holler about “We can’t be homophobic! We have that loudmouth queer lady with the crazy hair! See, how tolerant we are, kids! Vote for us!!!!”.

She and Tim Scott could be the perfunctory “woke” duo that can be trotted to run interference when when Gosar drops the N-word and T at Cris says Ty

They would take her right now of course in order to take back control the senate. Then once they didn’t need her anymore for that purpose they would boot her right the fuck out. She’s a complete idiot. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

She’s just a maverick from AZ.  We all like those.  

But please primary her with a progressive.  AZ won’t be running a McSally type in 2024.  

McSally won two primaries, what on Earth gives you the delusion there is a better choice?

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

One valuable service the sack provides the board is when he posts you know you are hearing the latest right wing talking points.

Then, early last month, a corporate front group called Center Forward bought $600,000 worth of television and radio ads promoting Sinema in Arizona. The ads touted her “independence”, and characterized her as “a bipartisan leader” in the mold of the late Senator John McCain.

As The Daily Poster reported, Center Forward has been heavily bankrolled by Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the powerful Washington drug lobby. Two Center Forward board members lobby for PhRMA, as well as drugmakers Amgen, Bayer, Gilead Sciences, Eli Lilly, Merck, Novartis and Sanofi.

Remember how the MAGAts are.....right now, in real-time, bitching about how "Big Pharma" is the debil?  Yet their hand-picked and bought-and-paid-for Senator is also their hero.

Literally the only solid plank of the GQP platform is "cognitive dissonance is totally our thing."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

She’ll never win a Republican primary for that seat. Her being bi is enough for the Arizona GOP to think she’s satan incarnate.

If she has any sense at all (LOL, I know) part of her negotiation with the Rs to switch should be that they will clear the field for her in 24. 

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well that and the fact that they'd have the power to appoint committees, set agenda, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Kyrsten had her best fundraising quarter ever with $1.6mm

Just over 2 percent of Sinema’s fundraising haul this quarter — $33,983 — came from small-dollar donors, or those who have given an aggregated total this election cycle of $200 or less.

There was once a poster whose thesis was around the fundraising and how the small dollar donor was an indicator or something about it, I forget his name but wish he would remind me of the thinking and correlation between grass roots and credibility...oh! @bad_teammate

7 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Just over 2 percent of Sinema’s fundraising haul this quarter — $33,983 — came from small-dollar donors, or those who have given an aggregated total this election cycle of $200 or less.

There was once a poster whose thesis was around the fundraising and how the small dollar donor was an indicator or something about it, I forget his name but wish he would remind me of the thinking and correlation between grass roots and credibility...oh! @bad_teammate

Of course she did. She’s on a mad cash grab and angling for a post senate job that pays her millions to sit on her ass. She’s about as big a hypocrite as you’ll ever find in DC and that’s tough to do.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

Seriously, that's at least 3 posts where you are begging and tagging him. Sorry, he's not going to fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

I think the small dollar donors are a better barometer in more localized races. For instance, in the last cycle my state rep never had as much money as his republican challenger. The Republican's money was 90% from an R PAC, while my state rep's money was all from small dollar local donations. He ended up beating the R candidate by double digits, but is now going to have to switch districts after the R's Gerrymandered him into an R+10 district. 

I'd be curious to know how much of Sinema's haul came from outside Arizona, dark money PACs, or just Arizona Rs figuring out she's their best hope to prevent a more liberal D like Gallego from taking that seat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Quit acting like a weirdo. Are you trying to get crowdsourced again? He’s fine as a poster but man, calm down. 

We entered phase 2 earlier than I expected.  Honkey Vape will be posting by end of the month at the latest given this increased acceleration of the death spiral.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

$34k is fuck all.  Not sure what point you are trying to make with this.

What a traitor.  Was she an R plant this whole time or is she just a turncoat piece of shit?

She’s ALWAYS been an attention whore.

She first came to prominence with that Cindy Sheehan anti-Iraq war bunch.

Then she was the leader of the freaking Green Party in Arizona. Their whole platform is built on being disruptive and all attention is good attention.

Then she shifted to being a progressive - that got her in the state legislature.

Then she became a barely left of Democrat - and now she’s a US Senator.

She’s been picking and choosing platforms and parties and discarding them to move to the next level her entire career. And that entire time she’s been slowly shifting to the right with each move.

Every one just assumed her moderation would end with the Democratic Party, given her radical beginnings.

We was duped.
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

$34k is fuck all.  Not sure what point you are trying to make with this.

You serious? Making the point that it’s a drop in the bucket and that usually when your small dollar donor is so minuscule it spells problems for your popularity and career. 

14 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who here is saying her career as a senator isn’t fucked?

IDK. I posted the quantitative numbers that were newly published because it was a) interesting b) topical and germane to this thread and c) specific and factual and a spotlight to what a bunch of people were on here saying. You are the one that overreacted and assumed some other intent from my post. You were wrong, it's okay, we are all friends, let's move on...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I think the small dollar donors are a better barometer in more localized races. For instance, in the last cycle my state rep never had as much money as his republican challenger. The Republican's money was 90% from an R PAC, while my state rep's money was all from small dollar local donations. He ended up beating the R candidate by double digits, but is now going to have to switch districts after the R's Gerrymandered him into an R+10 district. 

I'd be curious to know how much of Sinema's haul came from outside Arizona, dark money PACs, or just Arizona Rs figuring out she's their best hope to prevent a more liberal D like Gallego from taking that seat. 

Also, I missed this post: here is the original link: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/31/sinema-grassroots-donor-pool-dries-up-00004034

Among those donor groups with the most at stake before Congress, this quarter, Sinema received $3,500 from the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America and $3,000 from Johnson & Johnson’s PAC, which have been fighting drug pricing provisions championed by Democrats in the Build Back Better Act. She also received $2,500 from the American Petroleum Institute, $5,000 from the Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma, $3,000 from the Domestic Energy Producers Alliance, and $2,500 from ExxonMobil. In November, she also received $2,000 from the private corrections company, CoreCivic (President Joe Biden has ordered the Department of Justice not to renew contracts with private prison companies).

Her campaign has also seen some interest from Republicans. Shawn Smeallie, a GOP lobbyist, gave $2,000 this quarter, and Jeffrey MacKinnon, another Republican lobbyist, gave $1,000. Some Republican donors also gave to her campaign, including Harlan R. Crow, who gave $5,800 (and was refunded for an excess contribution this cycle), and Ken Langone, who gave $5,800.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

At this point, I don't think she's a Democrat.  I don't think she's a Republican or an Independent, either.  I don't think she even knows what she is.

https://www.axios.com/jonathan-martin-alex-burns-book-biden-sinema-94352832-b1e8-465f-ada0-521729691c73.html

One person close to the president likened Biden's perplexity at Sinema to his difficulty grasping his grandchildren's use of ... TikTok. He wanted to relate, but he just didn’t quite get it," the authors write in "This Will Not Pass," about the 2020 election and President Biden's first year.

In the spring of 2021, "she became the first-ever lawmaker to argue with White House aides when they asked her to wear a face mask in the company of the president, repeatedly asking why that was necessary when she had been vaccinated." 

She also discouraged Biden from coming to Arizona after the president signed the COVID rescue plan in 2021.

Biden aides complained that Sinema sounded more like Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) than a Democrat, the book says: 

At a private fundraiser in D.C. with a Republican-heavy group of lobbyists — which hasn't been reported before — she portrayed herself as anti-tax and anti-government.

She mocked Biden while speaking warmly about House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, and even defending far-right Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), who denied the election results and claimed Antifa had infiltrated the Capitol riot. "I love Andy Biggs," she said.  "I know some people think he’s crazy, but that's just because they don’t know him."

Separately, Sinema told colleagues five or six other Senate Dem moderates were "hiding behind my skirt" as she pushed back on the left. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At a private fundraiser in D.C. with a Republican-heavy group of lobbyists — which hasn't been reported before — she portrayed herself as anti-tax and anti-government.

An anti-government member of...the government seems problematic.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:06 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Separately, Sinema told colleagues five or six other Senate Dem moderates were "hiding behind my skirt" as she pushed back on the left. 

I think there's truth to that

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's an article that supports her some.    It wasn't that she was pushing back on the left on everything she voted against, as much as it was she wasn't going to kill the filibuster as it currently stands.   There were some who felt doing away with the filibuster was dangerous.    

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/10/democrats-filibuster-vote-526863

There wasn't much made of any of this though, and the NY Post and some other red rags did a lot of finger wagging about hypocrisy and such, but it was pretty short lived.  

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

I don't think any hedge fund is qualifying for carried interest any longer.  the 3 year holding period took that away in the 2017 tax bill.

According to this:

https://napkinfinance.com/napkin/carried-interest/#:~:text=Carried interest compensates hedge fund,tax rate on these earnings.

• The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act requires funds to hold investments for three years in order for carried interest to be taxed as capital gains instead of ordinary income.

Seems like they just have to hold onto funds for 3 years, no?

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, but that's not really consistent with the hedge fund model.  Now the PE / VC bros?  Definitely got to think of them.  It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Thiel has Kyrsten on retainer for a variety of purposes.