Ridingtosunsets ride into the sunset Meta thread of genius

Ridingtosunset

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Responded to make it easier to neg back, asshat.  People like you are the reason I’ve left the Republican Party and won’t be back.  Stating outright lies and then saying oopsie is the trumpy MO.

Uhh  I guess English isn't your first language either I posted something it was shown to be incorrect I came back and said I was wrong.  I'm sure you've never been wrong in your life except for your post to me about what happened I guess.

Uhh  I guess English isn't your first language either I posted something it was shown to be incorrect I came back and said I was wrong.  I'm sure you've never been wrong in your life except for your post to me about what happened I guess.
But i bet you still listen to the radio show that fed you bad information, don't you?
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

But i bet you still listen to the radio show that fed you bad information, don't you?

What's your problem ?  You think your news sources are 100% accurate all the time ?  They get every fact correct ?  I've already addressed that issue. The NYT gets shit wrong, and when they actually do fess up it's buried on page 12. So you can stop you holier than shit.

No news source gets it right all the time. Whether Ga allows water to be given on line isn't going to change my life or yours or the voter on line.  The reasons for that issue are well established thru the years.

My OP was not a declaration that it was fact. it was me just saying I heard differently. Oh no... oh no !!  I should be put in a re eduction camp, and the radio program should be banished .. Sorry, but if you think your sources are always right you're a friggin child who should get a better helmet before you hit the slopes next season.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What's your problem ?  You think your news sources are 100% accurate all the time ?  They get every fact correct ?  I've already addressed that issue. The NYT gets shit wrong, and when they actually do fess up it's buried on page 12. So you can stop you holier than shit.

No news source gets it right all the time. Whether Ga allows water to be given on line isn't going to change my life or yours or the voter on line.  The reasons for that issue are well established thru the years.

My OP was not a declaration that it was fact. it was me just saying I heard differently. Oh no... oh no !!  I should be put in a re eduction camp, and the radio program should be banished .. Sorry, but if you think your sources are always right you're a friggin child who should get a better helmet before you hit the slopes next season.

"on line" is some yankee bullshit.

but you seriously need some self-reflection. attacking people pointing out that you were completely wrong and that your source was wrong is weird behavior. no news source is 100% accurate, but getting that easily verifiable fact wrong is pretty fucking lazy. do you mind disclosing your radio source?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

but you seriously need some self-reflection. attacking people pointing out that you were completely wrong and that your source was wrong is weird behavior. no news source is 100% accurate, but getting that easily verifiable fact wrong is pretty fucking lazy. do you mind disclosing your radio source?

I haven't attacked anyone here. I made a post it was shown to be incorrect I posted I was wrong. Usually people say thanks for fessing up, but the game here is always pile on, and that's the cabal in its dick hardening glory. Jesus Christ the hubris you personally bring is amazing.  Go away and find something actually  being outraged about. 

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

You know full well that will never happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You mean like the NYT or CNN or any other news org that gets it wrong because of lazy journalism... 

NYT and CNN have fact-checkers and issue corrections. You mock both practices, I know, but you're not answering the very simple question I asked you.

Does the local radio program in question make a habit of rigorous fact-checking and then issuing corrections?

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I haven't attacked anyone here. I made a post it was shown to be incorrect I posted I was wrong. Usually people say thanks for fessing up, but the game here is always pile on, and that's the cabal in its dick hardening glory. Jesus Christ the hubris you personally bring is amazing.  Go away and find something actually  being outraged about. 

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What's your problem ?  

you're a friggin child who should get a better helmet before you hit the slopes next season.

oh. ok.

self. reflection.

also, what was the radio program where you heard your incorrect fact?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

oh. ok.

self. reflection.

also, what was the radio program where you heard your incorrect fact?

Yeah let's see, that was a response to a post (second post from the same guy) after at last a dozen posts to me that were anything but what you would call friendly. Dude go back and do your  job as a moderator and look at the string.

I posted a comment it was shown to be incorrect. I admitted I was wrong and that started the typical cabal free for all from the usual suspects.  End of subject.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah let's see, that was a response to a post (second post from the same guy) after at last a dozen posts to me that were anything but what you would call friendly. Dude go back and do your  job as a moderator and look at the string.

I posted a comment it was shown to be incorrect. I admitted I was wrong and that started the typical cabal free for all from the usual suspects.  End of subject.

so what was the radio program?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You know we still have the original post, right?

22 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Is this the Ga. law saying you can give a bottled water to someone in line, but it can't have political candidates name or political party on the label ?

I get that you admitted that you were wrong. I truly appreciate that. But now you're trying to rewrite history and deflecting from any questions about what, if anything, you've learned. Your post doesn't say "I heard differently." It doesn't say "I thought that law allowed water so long as. . ." No, what you did was directly assert a falsehood. This is a statement of certainty and it leaves little room for hedging or doubt. 

The problem is that you made no effort to verify prior to making your assertion. The problem is that you don't see why millions of people acting similarly, ignorantly espousing easily disprovable positions, is a serious issue. The problem is that you've refused to learn anything from this event. You chalk it up as no big deal rather than doubting your source or learning to verify information. It is clear you aren't going to change your habits. It is clear that you'll make the same mistake over and over again. Most of those times your falsehoods will not be caught and corrected by someone. And so they'll become ingrained as truths for you and millions of others. 

My hope is that at some point, maybe not today or tomorrow or even this year, you'll learn the value of skepticism and that you'll the value of verifying information rather that parroting it. And I really hope that you'll learn not trust everything or even most things you hear from your "radio program." 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 7

It’s not that the radio program you listen to made a mistake, as all news sources do. It’s that they lie to you consistently and purposefully, you base your understanding of issues and people based on these lies, and you aren’t able to do any actual reassessment or self reflection when this is easily pointed out to you. It’s why you are currently convincing yourself that you are being attacked unreasonably, hardening your position about the liberal cabal (who are the real children), and preparing to head back to the Daily Texan where you will return to making bitchassed comments to people who will agree with you and you can go back to not experiencing the cognitive dissonance you’re going through right now. People are continuing to push you on the voting thing because your response was not “I was fed bad information and maybe my opinion on the issue is wrong”, and is instead “EXCUSE ME I GUESS YOU NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE EVER”.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

We've talked a ton about how "the divide" is the problem, and how we can't even agree on facts, or have an honest discussion about facts that isn't about getting dubs or becoming the victim when you get posterized. At this point I think the issue is self perpetuating based on how far the gap is, and how hard it actually is for anyone to come to terms with holding a bunch of beliefs that are demonstrably false. I changed "stupid" to "false" to not be a dickhead, but really the "stupid" is the key part. People typically don't think they are stupid (and you don't even have to actually have a brain that is incapable of functioning to act really stupid/have a bunch of stupid beliefs). When someone demonstrates you are being stupid, it is the natural response to turtle up and get defensive. And many peoples' reality has drifted so incredibly far away from facts and reason that they are just not fucking able to overcome it. It's not a nagging amount of "holy shit, that was completely wrong and i thought it was right", it's a debilitating "but that can't possibly be right, these people are insane". It's also why this forum, full of moderates and plenty of center "right" folks who were GOP just a few election cycles back, seems like this hive of dangerous extremists to people who are either never going to make it back or are going to have a rough time coming to terms with reality.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s right about time to go back to DT to bitch about how mean the surly liberal cabal is in the CR. 

They’re currently in the other shooting thread talking for 4 pages about racial makeup of ...Lebron James fans. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s right about time to go back to DT to bitch about how mean the surly liberal cabal is in the CR. 

OnBoard has been negged once - ONCE - in this entire thread. and he's received a good number of pos-rep.

there is someone bitching for a couple of paragraphs about getting negged in the CR in a completely 100% not-even-remotely political thread over there. i can't even recall that person ever even posting on a topic in CR.

i don't know why but that particular brand of bitchassedness just annoys the shit out of me 😠

it's not just that's its whining...it's that it's demonstrably false. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, mchookem said:

OnBoard has been negged once - ONCE - in this entire thread. and he's received a good number of pos-rep.

there is someone bitching for a couple of paragraphs about getting negged in the CR in a completely 100% not-even-remotely political thread over there. i can't even recall that person ever even posting on a topic in CR.

i don't know why but that particular brand of bitchassedness just annoys the shit out of me 😠

The right has turned hard and gone from fuck your feelings to full-on victimhood ever since Trump lost.  It's part of their persona now.  They're persecuted (not true).  They're being canceled (also not true).  And we know they aren't exactly looking to verify if the things they say are true or not.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Buncha whiny ass titty babies

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

the cabal in its dick hardening glory

Great Tour Name for an Art-Pop artist

And never google image the phrase.

NSFW: 

Spoiler

Follow%2Bthe%2Byellow%2Bbrick%2Broad%2Bf

6 hours ago, tchookem said:

I cannot imagine something more pathetic than a grown-ass man taking the time to create multiple accounts on a message board for the purpose of having arguments with yourself about politics.

SpiderMan vs Spiderman señalando 🧡 El origen del meme y Plantilla

Edited by washparkhorn

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

You guys should lay off of onboard.  He said he was wrong on an item some time back.  That should be considered kind of a big deal these days. 

It really is a deal but maybe not so big.  He accepted a fact, something in black and white as fact.  Not many of them do.   But that's not the bigger point.  That is admitting to repeatedly accepting and parroting falsehoods from these same spreaders of untruths or half-truths, and then doing a mea culpa for falling for that tripe.

There's distance between apologizing for an incident, showing remorse for the incident, and correcting behavior to prevent repeating the incident. 

I'm waiting for the TA groups to start forming.  Trumpist Anonymous.   It's just as addictive as some other mainline substances.

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

It really is a deal but maybe not so big.  He accepted a fact, something in black and white as fact.  Not many of them do.   But that's not the bigger point.  That is admitting to repeatedly accepting and parroting falsehoods from these same spreaders of untruths or half-truths, and then doing a mea culpa for falling for that tripe.

There's distance between apologizing for an incident, showing remorse for the incident, and correcting behavior to prevent repeating the incident. 

I'm waiting for the TA groups to start forming.  Trumpist Anonymous.   It's just as addictive as some other mainline substances.

An when someone in TA is able to stand up in front of the room and acknowledge they have a problem, that they were wrong on something, everyone stands up and cheers.

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I remember on TOS that crassness and attitude was on brand in conversations. Almost required to be "in". Now the Right screams PC and unfairness every chance they get because they get their feelers hurt from even a whiff of questioning their reality. 

It’s surly. The site motto was “buncha assholes” for a reason

So - you are taking your radio and leaving?

Nothing personal, but your post and the subsequent exchange shows why we can’t discuss things. Because people who watch Fox News and get info from GOP politicians and radio pundits are demonstrably deprived of correct facts. I am not talking about opinions derived from a core of agreed upon facts, from which we can argue different positions. Sure, we can have different takes. But your core facts are almost always wrong.

90% of the right think Hillary issued stand down orders in Benghazi. Just like morons saying Trump did not coordinate with Russia. Neither fact is in doubt, but the ‘no collusion’ types refuse to believe the actual findings that Trump peeps gave voter data to Russian assets. It happened. Or that Hillary did not issue a stand down order. And yet you see here the right wing insist on the witch hunt theory or say Benghazi was worse than Watergate.

Add up all the things you think are true that are wrong in reality and you have much of what you believe in making your decisions. It is both frightening and sad at the same time.

The issue is not that you were wrong, but that you continue to use those sources no matter how false the info despite repeated proof of falsehood. That is what is setting the - cabal - off.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You mean like the NYT or CNN or any other news org that gets it wrong because of lazy journalism... 

Do they get it wrong? How would you know? You watch CNN or read the NYT on a regular basis, do you? You've read/watched multiple stories, then read the corrections, thought about it, and come to the independent conclusion those mistakes were due to "lazy journalism"?

Or did you just hear that on the same radio station you heard about the georgia water thing?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

I'll give him this, @Onboard 2.0 and @workswithseed are about the only ones who don't always scurry off to DT when the going gets hot.

• Hook 'Em 5

I think what disappoints me the most about some of our DT conservatives, current day Republicans, et al... is just the general lack of creativity/curiosity and sometimes a sense of humanity with their approach to issues, problems, and policies. 

Edited by YChang