Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

IT on Tyler King

Spoiler

WR Tyler King, Taylor (Alief, TX) - 2022:

Reporting a 4.29 40 at yesterday’s Texas camp, King caught a lot of attention.

King is no stranger to competition. He placed third as a junior at the 2021 6A state meet in the 200 meters at 20.74 seconds. He also ran a 10.21 100 during his junior season as well, per MileSplit. That’ll get you noticed.

The 5-foot-10, 160-pound three-star holds 10 offers including Texas Tech, Memphis, UH, and North Texas.

“I had a real good experience,” said King. “I got coached up well.”

King happens to be in a class full of receivers in-state for 2022. But somebody will get a kid with speed to burn.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's not accurate. I can't tell you what the story is with that photo location, but LSU opened a brand new player facility in 2019. Their locker rooms look like this:

I stand corrected. Seems odd that they would show recruits something outdated like the other locker room.

Roach

Spoiler

Friday 6 PM - It's been a busy day for visitors and coaches as the kids and families got the full tour and presentation from both the coaches and academic staff. They are headed to dinner at the moment. I checked in with a source who told me everything was going really well with everyone involved. I was told specifically that the visits of TreVonte' Citizen and Jeremy Patton were going very well at the moment. The word I heard on Patton was that everything was going "phenomenal." I still expect Patton to take his visits, but a source told me they wouldn't be surprised if he shut it down this weekend. One person I spoke with remarked about how detailed everything was. I was told the trip was organized but at the same time fun. The staff definitely has the trip well organized but it's not scheduled to the point where it feels tight and rigid. One parent I spoke with raved about the job Taylor Searels and Courtney Helom are doing serving as on campus hosts and connecting with the families.

• Hook 'Em 5

Can we at least get the photographer to line things p so we don't see the railing holding on the backdrop on the left  - Surly OCD crew on the SEZ thread. 
The photography quality has definitely taken a hit lately...they cant even get the lighting right for the jersey longhorn logo on some pics.

Still better than late MBTF, early Chuck with the pics in the fucking equipment room right next to the dirty jockstrap barrel.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Roach

Hide contents

Friday 6 PM - It's been a busy day for visitors and coaches as the kids and families got the full tour and presentation from both the coaches and academic staff. They are headed to dinner at the moment. I checked in with a source who told me everything was going really well with everyone involved. I was told specifically that the visits of TreVonte' Citizen and Jeremy Patton were going very well at the moment. The word I heard on Patton was that everything was going "phenomenal." I still expect Patton to take his visits, but a source told me they wouldn't be surprised if he shut it down this weekend. One person I spoke with remarked about how detailed everything was. I was told the trip was organized but at the same time fun. The staff definitely has the trip well organized but it's not scheduled to the point where it feels tight and rigid. One parent I spoke with raved about the job Taylor Searels and Courtney Helom are doing serving as on campus hosts and connecting with the families.

Ok I haven’t been following as closely as I should have. Are we excited about a 3 star WR from Tenaha committing? Trust the Corches?

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Ok I haven’t been following as closely as I should have. Are we excited about a 3 star WR from Tenaha committing? Trust the Corches?

Yeah, he's an LB at the next level and we like him. LSU and Bama are starting to sniff around and he's already got visits to Baylor and Michigan on the docket next.

• Hook 'Em 1

(CJ Vogel) Quick Hitter | Jaylon Guilbeau Visit Plans

Spoiler

Last night at the first Texas camp of the summer, I caught up with current CB commit Jaylon Guilbeau to see how his time in Austin was going and to get an update on future visits.

*** Guilbeau said the visit went really well and he was able to connect with passing game coordinator Terry Joseph on the trip as well.

*** There were whispers that Guilbeau was headed to Fort Worth next week to visit the Horned Frogs, though he hopes to return back to Austin with Fast 7v7 coach Ro Simon Jr.

*** Guilbeau will carry on with his official visit to Texas on the weekend of June 24-26 as scheduled.

*** While Guilbeau is still expected to take some visits elsewhere, it sounds like the trip to Austin paid off very well in favor of the Longhorns and his commitment status.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting