Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

According to IT, Texas is expected to land Alabama RB transfer Robinson. I wonder if that’s a sign about Blue. 

Ctj says blue won’t be a part of this class but I guess we will see. 

also how many years of eligibility does he have remaining?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

According to IT, Texas is expected to land Alabama RB transfer Robinson. I wonder if that’s a sign about Blue. 

It’s not. Ingram left and Brooks is a summer enrollee not expected by anyone to contribute this year. At worst, he’s a body. At best, he’s a fast, multi-use back who knows the offense. Perfect pickup irrelevant of Blue.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think it's a sign that they want to win as many games as possible this year, and he's currently one of the best players available on the market 

Correct. Although, it is a little odd that we haven't gone after any offensive linemen. I assume Flood thinks that it is unlikely that any available linemen are of a high enough quality to start with only the summer/fall for practice time.

Just now, Bevo said:

Correct. Although, it is a little odd that we haven't gone after any offensive linemen. I assume Flood thinks that it is unlikely that any available linemen are of a high enough quality to start with only the summer/fall for practice time.

I think they feel better about the OL talent than the fanbase does

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow. This was one item I was concerned about regarding Sark. Would he be able to effectively manage all the little details while still seeing the big picture and communicate that to others. This is a very strong data point. 

Troof. Very reassuring. Gotta imagine COVID actually helped us in this regard. Gave our folks plenty of time to settle in, identify all your resources and selling points, and plan out how OVs would be managed, rather than coming in with the whirlwind of everything else related to the job on top of recruiting.

IT

Spoiler

Texas is still working to host a couple of out-of-state longshots in the 2022 class.

S Kamari Wilson, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) - 2022: He was high-ish on the Horns early on, but UT missed his top-five. One school he is set to see this month is Texas A&M on June 24th. We're hearing there's a chance he hits Austin near that time as well. Georgia holds the cards right now, and we know Wilson likes the attention, but it’s somewhat noteworthy the staff is still in pursuit.

S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (Ponchatoula, LA) - 2022: Mathews and Texas became close over the spring. It was to the point UT appeared poised for the steal before LSU withstood the surge. He committed to the Tigers on April 23rd, and while he's likely sticking with the purple and gold, UT is still participating in the sweepstakes. A June visit is very possible, perhaps even when his friend Bryce Anderson visits on the last weekend of the month.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think they feel better about the OL talent than the fanbase does

I’ve been saying that all summer… Flood sees something  he likes and knows what Sark can scheme to help support his guys… I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the OL this fall

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

(Justin Wells) Update: Derrick Brown

Hide contents

The Texas High EDGE defender just left Austin and his official visit.

He was blown away. He hung out with DeMarvion Overshown and Keondre Coburn.

I asked him what stood out: “Everything. So much love.”

Brown just told me he has canceled his OV to Texas A&M, and will now take an official to Texas Tech, where he stopped by earlier in the week.

This recruitment was essentially down to the Longhorns and Aggies. So, good sign.

More in the Scoop.

Mr. Brown needs to change his twitter background/cover pic.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

Brown just told me he has canceled his OV to Texas A&M, and will now take an official to Texas Tech, where he stopped by earlier in the week.

This recruitment was essentially down to the Longhorns and Aggies. So, good sign.

More in the Scoop.

Cancel OV to ag? Sounds good to me 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

More in the Scoop.

I thought OU was the main competition with the Clayton Smith connection. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

More in the Scoop.

Calculator? 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Them and Tuihalamaka and Gatson

Is Gatson a take this early? I figured we would evaluate him, Citizen, Miller, Jones, etc. in person before making the move. And I don't think we would take three unless one is an insurance policy against Blue.

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

The fuck is up with the high school girl graduation pose on the bottom right?

Maybe he's having some fun. My understanding is that some people like fun and occasionally give in to whimsy. 

It's why we hate people here on the recruiting and football boards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting