Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Herman would be running Card on QB sweeps to the left side of the OL and we all know it.  Mix in some nice Moore blocking for Whittington screens and there you have it.  Until the urgent comeback attempt  in the 4th and you would see Bijan with his 9th touch of the game on a throwback screen for some nice yardage to give us a little cruel hope.  Oh and Hand would still be sitting at home with a deep freezer full of meats and a warm grill waiting to host some JAGS and then dust off his Oakleys for the photo shoot

Dont forget Bijan and Rojo would be splitting carries. 

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Our roster doesn't even have JAGs. Guys like Tyler Johnson, Hookfin, and Ghirmai, Tope, etc are straight up Zeros

It's crazy how bad the 2019 class turned out to be. 3 potential high level OTs, all bust. On top of all of the other busts from that #3 ranked class.

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's crazy how bad the 2019 class turned out to be. 3 potential high level OTs, all bust. On top of all of the other busts from that #3 ranked class.

The development angle has never been louder in recruiting against us than this year. Partially because it is hard to recruit against a new staff, but it is easier to sell when it has been happening at least with the last 3 coaching staffs.

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How much do you want to bet? I bet $1trillion that Herman would be 5-3 with this schedule were his arrogant shithead personality still calling the shots for Texas on the sidelines. 

1-4 against Oklahoma, 1-3 against tcu, and no QB to run his power spread offense plus no worthy and you think we have 5 wins right now with herman high as a kite. Lost to Baylor 24-10 with a roster twice as talented as this one. Got our asses kicked by tcu 24-7 once and lost to fucking Maryland twice. Beat Kansas by 2 points and one TD in back to back seasons. I get it that you don’t like sark or this staff anymore but saying herman would be better is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

1-4 against Oklahoma, 1-3 against tcu, and no QB to run his power spread offense plus no worthy and you think we have 5 wins right now with herman high as a kite. Lost to Baylor 24-10 with a roster twice as talented as this one. Got our asses kicked by tcu 24-7 once and lost to fucking Maryland twice. Beat Kansas by 2 points and one TD in back to back seasons. I get it that you don’t like sark or this staff anymore but saying herman would be better is stupid. 

We all know the history with Sir Thomas Fucktard Herman, IV, Esquire. And yes, Texas would have a better record this year with @TenCarryTom (great handle, hence the shoutout) at the helm.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'll admit that I am going to derive an embarrassing amount of entertainment out of running over Sarkisian and his staff repeatedly from here, and getting to see the equivocators for him like you bawl about it. 

Texas is staring down the barrel of a 5-7 season and you're going to be sprinting around here for an entire offseason apologizing for him over it. 

In any event, start working on your next handle maybe? I'm thinking something like "BlowingTraylorInMyTrailer" could work for your proclivities, but there's still a little time.

Lol all of that because I pointed out you and your dad was making a dumb ass point regarding Bush/Collins. This coming from the same guy that was propping up Norvell and now Herman? Are you on a coke binge? You hardly make a good point these days, trust I won’t be responding to the majority of your post.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We all know the history with Sir Thomas Fucktard Herman, IV, Esquire. And yes, Texas would have a better record this year with @TenCarryTom (great handle, hence the shoutout) at the helm.

I don't see it. I think we lose to TCU and maybe beat Baylor in a swap. I could see us losing to both before beating both. Sam really saved his ass quite a bit. Hero ball with Casey or Card would be...interesting. Bijan/Roschon might have more space to operate though.

Recruiting would also be well off a cliff by now and we'd also have even less hope than we do now, which is not worth the extra turd shine. 

51 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I really don't get all the white knighting for Sarkisian.

If you don't think he deserves to be run off, that's fine. He has done literally nothing for people to vociferously defend him, yet here you are.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

If you don't think he deserves to be run off, that's fine. He has done literally nothing for people to vociferously defend him, yet here you are.

The quote I responded to was somebody telling this board that herman would be in a better spot with this team right now. If you think that’s true then you and CTJ are both sniffing glue. The only thing Tom herman can rest his hat on is he “never gets blown out.” Yet I quoted a 17 point blow out to tcu, sark lost to Arkansas by 19 which somehow is so much worse. Those are both 3 score losses lol. Herman had his chance and fucked it up. 8 games in and we wanna burn it down. It’s ridiculous 

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The quote I responded to was somebody telling this board that herman would be in a better spot with this team right now. If you think that’s true then you and CTJ are both sniffing glue. The only thing Tom herman can rest his hat on is he “never gets blown out.” Yet I quoted a 17 point blow out to tcu, sark lost to Arkansas by 19 which somehow is so much worse. Those are both 3 score losses lol. Herman had his chance and fucked it up. 8 games in and we wanna burn it down. It’s ridiculous 

it's not ridiculous to identify and call out trendlines when they are spotted. in his first year sark has a realistic shot at doubling the amount of losses that got herman fired. if sark was a coaching upgrade you'd expect him to at least hold serve in that department. but i guess username checks out and all of that.

7 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

it's not ridiculous to identify and call out trendlines when they are spotted. in his first year sark has a realistic shot at doubling the amount of losses that got herman fired. if sark was a coaching upgrade you'd expect him to at least hold serve in that department. but i guess username checks out and all of that.

Recruiting will tell the tale. If he's able to bring in a great class while winning 6 games we'll have to  pray the kids are seeing something we ain't.

edit: for sure Herman would not be bringing in a great class.

Edited by mwaadeeb

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I dont get this comment. Saying this team would be 4-4 with Sark or Herman is not White Knighting anyone. I dont think Sark would love the fact that we are saying he is as good as a guy that has risen to the level of Chief Coffee Server for the OC of the worst offense in the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I dont get this comment. Saying this team would be 4-4 with Sark or Herman is not White Knighting anyone. 

Sure it is. Herman was here 4 years. He sucked at some things, was decent at some things, but he was never 4-4, and his teams always played hard. This team doesn't play hard in the 4th quarter, and it is obvious.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sure it is. Herman was here 4 years. He sucked at some things, was decent at some things, but he was never 4-4, and his teams always played hard. This team doesn't play hard in the 4th quarter, and it is obvious.

Herman had his own 4th-quarter issues, as I recall.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes, he was actually 3-4.. he was bad. I don’t think anyone with an IQ over 60 thinks Herman’s offenses were designed better than Sark’s 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Unless Wikipedia is lying, Herman was 4-4 in his first season. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Excuse me?  Herman's teams always played hard?

I am not on the Sark bandwagon but holy revisionist crap Batman.

They didn't play hard twice against Maryland.  They didn't play hard losing to Tech, they certainly didn't play hard needing a last second field goal to beat Kansas....

Personally, while I have serious doubts about Sark.  Any belief that Herman was a better coach is laughable. This staff might be hot garbage, but it's better than what we were selling last year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Lol all of that because I pointed out you and your dad was making a dumb ass point regarding Bush/Collins. This coming from the same guy that was propping up Norvell and now Herman? Are you on a coke binge? You hardly make a good point these days, trust I won’t be responding to the majority of your post.

I've never touched the stuff, sir. I did get a booster this morning and that's made me tired, but no, mostly I'm just posting to watch you guys shriek. My point about FSU, as already stated for people without reading comprehension issues, had nothing to do with Norvell. Simply put, FSU looks like they're improving every week after losing to fucking Jacksonville St in week2. In other words, even dogshit teams that have been written off by Surly are showing better signs than the 5-7 abortion September Wins Steve is slinging out there. 

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

That 4th quarter of the Arkansas must have really gotten your rocks off for you. Texas was down 33-7 and then 40-14. The last Texas touchdown was scored with 2 minutes left down 40-14. Watching you even attempt to spin that game as a "3 score loss lol" shows the rest of us what a mental dwarf you are. 

In any event, the Herman stuff was to point out the absurdity of what we're witnessing and you dipshits jumped all over it like it was stinkbait or something. Christ. No one wants Tom Herman back. Does that mean Texas is better off with the current rube tooling around on the sidelines looking like he's got elevator music playing in his headset? Doesn't seem like it, but many of you guys sure do seem to believe that. 

I don't know of anyone who wants to "burn it down" at this point. Myself and others seem to be perfectly aware of the notion that nothing will be happening before the end of the 2024 season and that we're simply fucked until then, so might as well enjoy the ride. 

If it helps you dipshits or anyone else, my guess is that September Wins Steve is about be bailed out by Fortuna. If he is, and we are, I'll fucking take it. Seems like it's been a long since the program caught a break.

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we aren't going young from the next game out to prepare for next season then this staff is further doomed than we thought. No reason guys like the following should be continuing to get meaningful playing time:

Tope Imade

Luke Brockermeyer

Jett Bush

Christian Jones

BJ Foster, along with Juan Davis(should be shown the door, leaving the field in a temper tantrum like they did)

Joshua Moore

Cade Brewer

Ray Thornton has been virtually useless

Brennen Schoolenar

I'm not sure wtf to do with QB as I feel like Card is already checked out with 1 foot in the portal.

You're still at the point where you could burn redshirts that aren't worth burning by going 100 percent youth movement right now. That, and you're still two wins away from qualifying for a bowl, which you desperately have to do for both the extra practices and to avoid the negative recruiting disaster that would be an outright losing record after taking over a .700 team from last season.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've never touched the stuff, sir. I did get a booster this morning and that's made me tired, but no, mostly I'm just posting to watch you guys shriek. My point about FSU, as already stated for people without reading comprehension issues, had nothing to do with Norvell. Simply put, FSU looks like they're improving every week after losing to fucking Jacksonville St in week2. In other words, even dogshit teams that have been written off by Surly are showing better signs than the 5-7 abortion September Wins Steve is slinging out there. 

I would imagine it would be quite difficult to look any worse after losing to Jacksonville St. They shouldn’t lose that game ever, let alone in the second year of Norvell’s tenure. But yeah they are improving lmao, gtfoh they are in a worse condition than we are. You are making really idiotic post, then chastising everyone that points it out as such. Get a fucking grip.

I'll give you this. If we lose to ULM next year I'll be right where you are with this staff.

Edited by SarkAfterDark

Since we're on the Herman thing, I think the outcome most likely to be different in Texas's favor is Arkansas. Say what you will about Tom Herman, but there is zero chance his team would have gotten physically embarrassed in a big moment like that. None.

Probably would have lost to TCU because that's kind of his thing. OU/OSU/Baylor, who knows. Don't underestimate his ability to lose to ULL or some shit. 

The overall point is it's hard to make a case Texas is any better off, except of course on recruiting (for now), to tie it back into the thread topic. But given Sark's actual football coaching, that may be quite short lived.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Herman was involved in so many close games it made it impossible to predict how any given season of his would go. He won 10 games and a Sugar Bowl in his 2nd year and everyone to a man on Surly was convinced we had found our guy. But that entire season was built on several close wins, and it wasn't sustainable once we lost seniors to the NFL draft and our new-look defense crumbled the following year.

Herman with this squad would be just as unpredictable. The one constant he had was Sam, who could manufacture offense on his own when the chips were down. Casey can't do that. Not yet anyway.

(he also had Bijan but was too stupid to use him)

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If it helps you dipshits or anyone else, my guess is that September Wins Steve is about be bailed out by Fortuna. If he is, and we are, I'll fucking take it. Seems like it's been a long since the program caught a break.

Do tell about this Fortuna that you speak of..

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Herman wouldn’t have had his 4th quarter battering-ram at QB. He would have been fucked this season.

Sam singlehandedly created 95% of our offense against blOU in 2020, including that 17-point comeback in the 4th quarter. The whole narrative of him being a dumb battering ram was stupid from the start and pushed by Ehlinger haters. I'd kill to have him on this year's squad.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

No doubt about it, but not like this.

We couldn’t get first downs or finish drives in 4th quarters with herman either, your anger at Sark is clouding your memory. We were several drives away from winning 10 to 11 games for 4 years under herman. We nicknamed him turtling Tom for fucks sake. If you list all the games herman should have won you would be talking about 3 trips to the playoffs. It was 30-14 at halftime of Maryland 2017, we scored a garbage time TD to save face with 1:09 left in the game to lose by 10 bud. Herman would be 2-6 without Sam playing hero ball 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Sam singlehandedly created 95% of our offense against blOU in 2020, including that 17-point comeback in the 4th quarter. The whole narrative of him being a dumb battering ram was stupid from the start and pushed by Ehlinger haters. I'd kill to have him on this year's squad.

You made my point and missed my point at the same time. Tom used him as a battering ram, doesn’t mean Sam was dumb. Without Sam, Herman’s offense sucked and we would have been fucked this year anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting