Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Interesting. Now how many Baylor players do you think could compete for a spot? You know, the team we actually had to worry about beating today.

Might be almost the same number as Texas ?

Here are some stats before today's game as it relates to talent on the field Baylor vs TEXAS O-linemen:  

• 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 ranking for run blocking in B12 
  • 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 ranking for pass blocking in B12 

Texas has only 1 player in Top 20 run blocking (Angilau) and only 1 player Top 20 pass blocking (Kerstetter)

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might be almost the same number as Texas ?

Here are some stats before today's game as it relates to talent on the field Baylor vs TEXAS O-linemen:  

• 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 ranking for run blocking in B12 
  • 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 ranking for pass blocking in B12 

Texas has only 1 player in Top 20 run blocking (Angilau) and only 1 player Top 20 pass blocking (Kerstetter)

I’m curious, so you don’t think coaching has anything to do with it?  Do you we have a well coaches team?  Worthy of the millions we are paying for said coaches? 

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Interesting. Now how many Baylor players do you think could compete for a spot? You know, the team we actually lost to today.

I’d take their NT, LB’s, and Safeties over ours. All of them would start over the players we are rolling out there. That transfer OT they have and probably 1-2 of their interior OL. Snead would probably be the #2 WR on our team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

I’m curious, so you don’t think coaching has anything to do with it?  Do you we have a well coaches team?  Worthy of the millions we are paying for said coaches? 

I've made it clear on other posts that it's both player issues and coaching issues.  Both are contributing to our shitty results and should be held accountable.  

But this current roster is dogshit and has no starting upperclassmen providing leadership !!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

No, the ones who are 7-1 this year.

Pretty much the same coaches?  Or if we cherry pick, I'lll take the Saban that is at Bama and not michigan St.  I'll take the Mel Tucker at MSU, not Cu

You're saying you'll take Dave Aranda at 7-1 over Dave Aranda at 2-7.  His overall record is 9-8, over two years, that's a worse percent than Sark's lifetime coaching record.  His year 1 is far worse than Sark's year 1 here.  Before we run the "He's a first year coach regurgitation" so is Sark and Aranda took over an 11-3 team.  Sark?  Took over for Herman.  Your next argument will be, Baylor was 11-3?  Who was their coach?  Matt Ruhle. Wow we should hire Matt Ruhle. Yes, I'm down. But Matt Ruhle's year 1 record at Baylor is 1-11.  year 2? 7-6.  year 3?  11-3.And let me guess, Matt Ruhle was good enough to coach in the NFL, so take that CTH!  Matt Ruhle has an 8-15 NFL record and a 47-43 cfb record.  So yes I will gladly take Matt Ruhle's year 3 and Aranda's year 2, I guess.

What's next?  Mel Tucker's record?  Scott Frost?

I'm not defending Sark, things look less than promising, but you're bringing up Aranda who went 2-7

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Pretty much the same coaches?  Or if we cherry pick, I'lll take the Saban that is at Bama and not michigan St.  I'll take the Mel Tucker at MSU, not Cu

You're saying you'll take Dave Aranda at 7-1 over Dave Aranda at 2-7.  His overall record is 9-8, over two years, that's a worse percent than Sark's lifetime coaching record.  His year 1 is far worse than Sark's year 1 here.  Before we run the "He's a first year coach regurgitation" so is Sark and Aranda took over an 11-3 team.  Sark?  Took over for Herman.  Your next argument will be, Baylor was 11-3?  Who was their coach?  Matt Ruhle. Wow we should hire Matt Ruhle. Yes, I'm down. But Matt Ruhle's year 1 record at Baylor is 1-11.  year 2? 7-6.  year 3?  11-3.And let me guess, Matt Ruhle was good enough to coach in the NFL, so take that CTH!  Matt Ruhle has an 8-15 NFL record and a 47-43 cfb record.  So yes I will gladly take Matt Ruhle's year 3 and Aranda's year 2, I guess.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What's next?  Mel Tucker's record?  Scott Frost?

I'm not defending Sark, things look less than promising, but you're bringing up Aranda who went 2-7

The discussion, as I understood it, was which Baylor players would we take over ours, today.  Today, I’d take Aranda and his staff over Sark’s.  Not only were we outplayed across the board, we were out coached.

32 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Good point.  Somehow X performs great.  True freshman that maximizes his talent.  I guess it’s the coaches fault the rest of the team except for Bijan sucks but the coaches get no credit for X playing lights out.  Also why is X here?  That would be Sark. Sark is trying to make a ragtag group of underachievers perform basic plays but he can only go so much.  The players he inherited are not good at football I don’t care what their stars were in high school. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The discussion, as I understood it, was which Baylor players would we take over ours, today.  Today, I’d take Aranda and his staff over Sark’s.  Not only were we outplayed across the board, we were out coached.

How specifically were we outcoached? Can you name a play call that Aranda made that was critical to their victory?

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

How specifically were we outcoached? Can you name a play call that Aranda made that was critical to their victory?

i get what you are saying but i gotta admit.. Baylor having I think, just one penalty all game.. was impressive.  He has that team playing very disciplined

5 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i get what you are saying but i gotta admit.. Baylor having I think, just one penalty all game.. was impressive.  He has that team playing very disciplined

I saw several plays where there was obvious holding that wasn't called on them fwiw. Like blatant holds but at this point we've got to accept that we're not going to get those calls. I think the coaches put the players in a position to succeed but they just didn't or couldn't.

Edited by LarTXHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I like the "run right over or around their blockers and get after the QB” play he kept calling. That one should be added to our playbook.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

They were better prepared in all three phases of the game. I’m not even sure how to address this but let’s simply say that Aranda’s scheme and game plan were to shit down Bijan. They held Bijan to his lowest output this season, by far. By making Sarkisian one dimensional he could control the pace of the game and dial up pressure with little to no risk. It’s just pretty much the definition of out-coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It will never change. Texas is a right to work state. Stealing labor is in our dna.  Kids are wising up and telling us to fuck off. I damn sure would. Pay me or fuck off with your "blue blood We're Texas bullshit." Being Texas means exploiting fans and players alike while never winning shit. I'm just about done giving a flying fuck.  I may already be there. 

• Fuck You 18

13 minutes ago, BurntUp said:

It will never change. Texas is a right to work state. Stealing labor is in our dna.  Kids are wising up and telling us to fuck off. I damn sure would. Pay me or fuck off with your "blue blood We're Texas bullshit." Being Texas means exploiting fans and players alike while never winning shit. I'm just about done giving a flying fuck.  I may already be there. 

Take this stupid shit somewhere else. Doesn’t belong on this board, fucktard. 

• Hook 'Em 6

24 minutes ago, BurntUp said:

5a27d47b-54b1-4819-900a-d66097762625_text.gif.2565e7431d20565df09b69a4b419d42f.gif

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

How many current UT players could even compete for a spot on the Offense/Defense two-deep at Bama?

Probably less than 5 UT players would even have a shot at one of those 44 spots at Bama  and one is a true freshman WR and one is a true Soph RB.

This current Texas roster SUCKS !!!  

For countless  years UT recruiting classes have kicked the shit out of everybody on the schedule this year with the exception of ousux. And I think UT has slight edge on them as well. I have a hard time believing evaluations from recruiting gurus and former coaches the last 10 years could be that fucking bad. At some point the players have to want it badly enough to leave it all on the field. Everybody talks about culture. If Sark can't show massive improvement over the next 2 seasons I don't think he'll ever get it done. And I'm running out of seasons gotdamn it!

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

5a27d47b-54b1-4819-900a-d66097762625_text.gif.2565e7431d20565df09b69a4b419d42f.gif

Ok. Good luck winning every thirty years sucker. Just keep telling yourself you're smart for dumping your money and time into a lost cause. Because that's what "smart people" like you do. Cheers 

Edited by BurntUp
  • Fuck You 12

2 hours ago, BurntUp said:

Hey dumbass, go take your all time bad takes (back?) to the CR.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, NoName said:

Stop this. 

We have advanced and adjusted stats. He was very good for ten years using stats that are adjusted/normalized. Period.

These kind of takes are both lazy and uninformed.

There are a bunch of other reasons to shit on him, but his track record isn't one.

If you want to be a simpleton and pretend like advanced measurables can quantify the very real impact of consistently having to play and adjust to competent offensive coordinators than so be it. As you put it that would certainly be an excruciatingly lazy and uninformed take. The normalized stats suggest that he did a good job at Washington, and he did, but they can not quantify the greater context of the lack of competency that he was facing on the opposing side lines. He simply was not challenged with any regularity as he has been this season and its resulting in a string of games in which he is very clearly being out coached. There is a cumulative effect when you play coaches able to exploit your flawed play calls and failed adjustments week after week, each able to take advantage of the additional information gained on your tendencies and personnel. 

Then you have the greater context of Lake's increasing role at Washington, including being given play calling duties.. and you want to pretend like that is not perhaps a major red flag? Considering what we are seeing each and every week now? We were sold on the 'it was just to keep Lake happy' narrative but maybe they just internally figured out that he fucking blows at in-game adjustments against any halfway decent coach?

Washington was able to show up big in a few OOC games but so did Herman. I really like PK's scheme in theory but holy shit he is basically a boxer just crying and covering his face at this point while the opposing teams destroy him with body shots. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

5 hours ago, BurntUp said:

Ok. Good luck winning every thirty years sucker. Just keep telling yourself you're smart for dumping your money and time into a lost cause. Because that's what "smart people" like you do. Cheers 

I guess only a few programs should play football. I’d also venture to guess that the list of programs willing to take two trips to the national championship game and one win in the past 20 years would be quite long. But, We’re Texas!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Is there ever a losing team that wasn't out-coached?  It's such a lame fucking phrase... Any team in the country in the top 40 could get a guaranteed 100% td on us in the red zone by asking questions of Brockermeyer, Schooler and/or Foster.  Any team in the top 40 could stop us on critical passing downs by covering Worthy and seeing which shitty throw on a shitty read is made by Thompson to a receiver with shitty hands, unless they have a DL with a pulse and then the pass isn't even being thrown in the first place.  I guess we out coach every team that we have out rushed in the past.  Preparation for Texas at this point is about masking our glaring deficiencies on both sides of the ball, there's hardly enough time in a season to do otherwise.  The insider lead up, however bland that information is, mentioned Texas coaches seeing opportunities to turnover Bohannon, and you can see that emphasis more or less.  Too bad we turned it over just as much.  It was said Baylor just knew they could win by playing hard for 4 quarters.   Oh yeah Aranda is a fucking genius by preparing his team to shut down Bijan.  Such a monumental task.  I'm not trying to say our coaches are performing excellently, it's just the tautology of the out-coached excuse after every loss is grating.  When you have a bad team, especially with first year coaches, results are almost always terrible

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, golfclap said:

They were better prepared in all three phases of the game. I’m not even sure how to address this but let’s simply say that Aranda’s scheme and game plan were to shit down Bijan. They held Bijan to his lowest output this season, by far. By making Sarkisian one dimensional he could control the pace of the game and dial up pressure with little to no risk. It’s just pretty much the definition of out-coaching. 

This. I think Sark had a decent game plan. He was right if they are going to load up on the run, we have to play action pass them. The Texas offense is limited, so it’s actually more surprising this is the 1st time Bijan had been shut down. The sad part is it is 8 games into the year and the Texas has yet to take away a single aspect of an opposing offense. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, golfclap said:

They loaded up against the run. Sark responded appropriately by going to the passing game. We left at least 3 TDs on the board due to players not executing. Like wide open TDs. Passes/catches half this board could probably make. But yeah Sark got outcoached lmao.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Is there ever a losing team that wasn't out-coached? 

All the time. FFS how long have you been a Texas fan. Greg Davis got out coached in a ton of games that Texas win by 30+🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Oh yeah Aranda is a fucking genius by preparing his team to shut down Bijan. 

The genius isn’t having that idea - the genius is in the game plan and execution. 

Is it any surprise that the two teams that have held Bijan below 100 and nullified his impact were the two teams with the best DCs we’ve faced? Odom and Aranda both outschemed Sarkisian. It’s not even a debate. It’s fact. 

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

They loaded up against the run. Sark responded appropriately by going to the passing game

Becoming one-dimensional isn’t the appropriate response. It’s the path of least resistance. The appropriate response is to add new elements in formation, personnel, and blocking schemes during the week to ensure that when they load the box you can still have a run game, even if it’s lesser, and not be one-dimensional. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Becoming one-dimensional isn’t the appropriate response. It’s the path of least resistance. The appropriate response is to add new elements in formation, personnel, and blocking schemes during the week to ensure that when they load the box you can still have a run game, even if it’s lesser, and not be one-dimensional. 

That requires having an OL that is capable of executing multiple blocking schemes. Our OL can barely execute one successfully. We had opportunities in the run game yesterday and a few good runs. We weren't totally one dimensional, we kept them honest enough against the run to get whatever we wanted in the passing game. But I guess you want Sark to make the reads, passes, and catch the ball too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, golfclap said:

All the time. FFS how long have you been a Texas fan. Greg Davis got out coached in a ton of games that Texas win by 30+🤷🏻‍♂️

The genius isn’t having that idea - the genius is in the game plan and execution. 

Is it any surprise that the two teams that have held Bijan below 100 and nullified his impact were the two teams with the best DCs we’ve faced? Odom and Aranda both outschemed Sarkisian. It’s not even a debate. It’s fact. 

That is pretty simplistic. They load the box, you need to find schemes to run anyway. I would love that to be an easy fix. Let’s just go 2 TEs and the issue is fixed. Oh shit, I forgot they can’t block. You can run some misdirection and maybe get a play or 2, but with poor blocking OL and TEs, you aren’t going to get anything consistent. If WRs just made simple catches, Texas scores at least 34. I find it odd you are going after the offensive game plan, while the defense when in to confuse Bohannon. While it worked in the 1st half, it’s like playing Texas and saying “let Bijan get his yards, let’s attack Casey”

Edited by Codaxx

19 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Let's go ahead and use Brewer and Wiley more in the running game

GIF by Giphy QA

50 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Is there ever a losing team that wasn't out-coached?  It's such a lame fucking phrase... Any team in the country in the top 40 could get a guaranteed 100% td on us in the red zone by asking questions of Brockermeyer, Schooler and/or Foster.  Any team in the top 40 could stop us on critical passing downs by covering Worthy and seeing which shitty throw on a shitty read is made by Thompson to a receiver with shitty hands, unless they have a DL with a pulse and then the pass isn't even being thrown in the first place.  I guess we out coach every team that we have out rushed in the past.  Preparation for Texas at this point is about masking our glaring deficiencies on both sides of the ball, there's hardly enough time in a season to do otherwise.  The insider lead up, however bland that information is, mentioned Texas coaches seeing opportunities to turnover Bohannon, and you can see that emphasis more or less.  Too bad we turned it over just as much.  It was said Baylor just knew they could win by playing hard for 4 quarters.   Oh yeah Aranda is a fucking genius by preparing his team to shut down Bijan.  Such a monumental task.  I'm not trying to say our coaches are performing excellently, it's just the tautology of the out-coached excuse after every loss is grating.  When you have a bad team, especially with first year coaches, results are almost always terrible

Yes. We beat plenty of teams under the Mack years that weren’t outcoached.  Just our talented.   Heck. Ulalalalalalalaal this year might fall under that category. 

Adjustment assumes we have the personnel to adjust. This Oh Line sucks. It's pathetic. Sark called plays that could win. Casey tossed a late pass to Brewer when Bijan is behind him the flat. Those are the kind of fucking stupid decisions this team takes on the field.

We had plenty of plays to win the game. Drops and fumbles and stupidity kill this team, and that is historic and not something Sark brought with him.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

What kind of dipshit hires defensive assistant coaches before the dc is hired.  It was a red flag that many of glossed over at the time. How naive of us 

Nah. We initially assumed it meant the DC was already lined up, but it just couldn’t be announced for some reason. When that turned out not to be the case (or that DC didn’t ultimately get hired), we were pretty universally confused/annoyed/pissed about it because we knew it was a big problem

6 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If you want to be a simpleton and pretend like advanced measurables can quantify the very real impact of consistently having to play and adjust to competent offensive coordinators than so be it. As you put it that would certainly be an excruciatingly lazy and uninformed take. The normalized stats suggest that he did a good job at Washington, and he did, but they can not quantify the greater context of the lack of competency that he was facing on the opposing side lines. He simply was not challenged with any regularity as he has been this season and its resulting in a string of games in which he is very clearly being out coached. There is a cumulative effect when you play coaches able to exploit your flawed play calls and failed adjustments week after week, each able to take advantage of the additional information gained on your tendencies and personnel. 

Then you have the greater context of Lake's increasing role at Washington, including being given play calling duties.. and you want to pretend like that is not perhaps a major red flag? Considering what we are seeing each and every week now? We were sold on the 'it was just to keep Lake happy' narrative but maybe they just internally figured out that he fucking blows at in-game adjustments against any halfway decent coach?

Washington was able to show up big in a few OOC games but so did Herman. I really like PK's scheme in theory but holy shit he is basically a boxer just crying and covering his face at this point while the opposing teams destroy him with body shots. 

"good job"

DEFI average at Washington, with the exception of 2020 where they only played a few games and it looks like they got some negative adjustment for that): 10. in the country. over 5 full years. that's performing in the 93rd percentile nationally. that is fucking good.

• Washington - 14: #18
  • 15: #4
  • 16: #4
  • 17: #12
  • 18: #7
  • 19: #15

"lack of competency" - you act like the pac 12 and P-12 north is the Ohio Valley Conference. He isn't going up against Tennessee State and Austin Peay. This is a bad take and you know it.

Jimmy Lake took over play calling in the 2018 season. he took over play calling so they could keep him there after a bunch of folks came calling and PK was still doing a bunch of the game planning on a weekly basis. Acting like Lake taking over play calling had anything to do with PK doing a poor job is laughable and show a pretty clear lack of following that story when it happened - the change was because they wanted to keep Lake, who had offers from A&M, Cal, FSU, Az State and Bama to be DC there. He got a 35+% pay increase in 2018. PK got a 15% pay increase in 2018 and gave up play calling. They worked together for 7 years before he took over play calling and another 2 after Lake took it over.

Oh yeah, and if half of what he says is to believed it was his idea (and he did a bunch of interviews about this when it happened, on the record)

It was Kwiatkowski, late last fall, who broached the idea with Petersen. The initial conversation, as they recall, went something like this:

Kwiatkowski: “We’re going to lose Jimmy, aren’t we?”

Petersen: “Yeah, I know that. It’s time.”

Kwiatkowski: “Unless he calls the defense, and I’m fine with that.”

and

“I don’t know if it’s ever happened this way,” he (PK) said, “and at the end of the day I don’t really care. It’s not about my ego and my title. I know I’m a good coach and I know I have a big imprint on this defense. But I’m happy to do it to keep Jimmy around here and keep this thing rolling.”

acting like the play calling change over is a red flag is disingenuous at worst and ill informed at best.

We were sold on the 'it was just to keep Lake happy' narrative but maybe they just internally figured out that he fucking blows at in-game adjustments against any halfway decent coach?

if he is so terrible, why did they 1) keep him in that scenario 2) give him a pay bump 3) keep him in future years and 4) why did Lake keep him upon getting bumped up to Head Coach? he knows all his deficiencies, considering they coached together for like ten years and Lake played under him - if he was so shitty why did he keep him and ensure he got a bump in salary every year, including making him the team's highest paid assistant coach?

there are a lot of reasons to shit on PK and his time at Texas, across the board.

his track record using normalized stats is absolutely not one of them. FEI specifically gives adjustments on this front.

the handoff of play calling duties is absolutely not one of them.

acting like he is unknown just because he coached for 10 years at Boise and Washington as DC in the PNW is not one of them.

pick something actually of value to attack, because so far everything you have gone after so far with PK is either lazy or ill informed. as everyone knows, those takes belong on the football board and not here.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I guess only a few programs should play football. I’d also venture to guess that the list of programs willing to take two trips to the national championship game and one win in the past 20 years would be quite long. But, We’re Texas!!!

I guess every program is the highest grossing football program on earth. I don't have another thirty years to wait. I'm done. You boys have fun with your circle jerk. 

• Fuck You 9

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting