Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Ok after a few hours of thought and time to process the Baylor....I can say it isn't so bad...it's worse.

We're good and truly fucked chaps.

I could stomach OU because I thought we had things to build on from that...but no we're getting worse. Ya'll are still worried about recruits....I'm worried about Bijan and Worthy hitting the portal...

The bad news is we are struggling in the big 12, we will possibly go winless our first year in the SEC....I guess the bright side will be Sark can't possibly survive that. 

Fuck Eltife and Delconte, they ended up hiring a worse coach than Herman.  He may be more likeable, but he is worse overall. We berated Herman for bringing his friends, but apparently his cougar high staff was still better than the pieces of garbage we are currently paying....Who knows, maybe Sark is the best coach they could find to take our money. We know Urban said no, but the only excuse I can find for this is Matt Campbell and a bunch of others told us to fuck off and we panicked. 

All concerns about whether or not OU was embarrassing will shortly become moot because next season Saban is actually really coming to Austin and he's bringing hell with him.  Bama will do to us on our home field what we all thought they would do to A&M.....route 66 against UCLA will be a fond memory.

(So this is what it's like to be CTJ and Satyanash...)

Meanwhile, I’m watching a team in FSU get better weekly. Not sure they’ll beat Clemson, but they might. They actually look like they know what they’re doing and they’re not exactly dripping in talent. Everyone was firing Norvell after this season about a month ago, me included. 

Also, I’m plenty capable of optimism and the chasm between saarvanash and me is Grand Canyon wide. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Meanwhile, I’m watching a team in FSU get better weekly. Not sure they’ll beat Clemson, but they might. They actually look like they know what they’re doing and they’re not exactly dripping in talent. Everyone was firing Norvell after this season about a month ago, me included. 

Also, I’m plenty capable of optimism and the chasm between saarvanash and me is Grand Canyon wide. 

An FSU team that has beaten *check notes* UMass, Syracuse, and UNC. Currently in a battle with a down Clemsom team that already has 3 losses, and let's see this FSU team was also beaten by Jacksonville St. A school most people don't even know exist. But yeah they are getting better. Really not sure who is more disingenuous with their axe to grind with the coaching staff. You or Golfclap.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I figure today is a good day to find out. Having a gummie from my last trip to Vegas, on my second Mexican martini, and I think have a stashed can of skoal hidden somewhere. Tumbledown - engaged. If the Astros win tonight, I’ll come off tilt. If they lose, I’m vomiting into a tupperware bowl, sealing it, duct taping it, and then sending it overnight to Sarkisian’s office in Belmont. 

Count me in. I’ll do this. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not saying Sark doesn't suck but stop it with Norvell.  This is his second year right?  We would tarmac Sark if he lost to Jacksonville st and then send Cleve Bryant over to wreck his condo.  Stop.  It looks like you're right about Sark but no need to pile on with weak "even Norvell's team is getting better" shit.  Jacksonville st.  Yea no.  

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I keep seeing everyone ratchet down the record for what is acceptable this season. Now we’re at 7-5, apparently. Tom Herman went 7-3 last year and he was fired. The program didn’t suffer major attrition with the coaching change. The schedule isn’t much different than last season. But here we are, rationalizing how 7-5 is fine. 

By the way, I’m not sure 7-5 is happening. As said before today, this team is 4-5 and doesn’t even know it. The team is getting worse weekly. They get Kansas at home, so that puts them at 5-5. Then Texas has to go to a probably very cold and hostile Morgantown. It’s a team loaded with pussies, coached by pussies, playing a decent WVU team. That’s a loss. 5-6. Then 6 days later, Texas is playing a meh KSU team to go bowling. 

Texas finishes the regular season 5-7/6-6/7-5. My guess at this point is 6-6 by the skin of its teeth. 

we have 1 win left Kansas at home.  this coaching staff is not going to beat WVU or ISU.  I think Kleiman and #22 for KSU are gonna send 7 win Steve to 7 loss Steve but agree they could win because it is at home.  I can only hope the guy has Saban mentality to cut bait on his shitty hire for DC to give himself a chance.

The guy is what he is though.  He'll get his ass chewed up in the SEC and will be gone in year 4. He's Dan Mullen.

I wish our money crew had the balls to fire him after going 5-7 this year if there is an upgrade out there.  It would be better for the program long term.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I feel pretty good about how this recruiting class closes. I mean, given Seven Win Steve’s ability to close out leads on the field, there’s no doubt this hard ass motherfucker is going to lock everything down in recruiting when it matters, right?

The brutal irony of an actual cuckhold in Fisher turning Sarkisian into one for himself in December is hard to handle but it seems pretty obvious that’s where we’re headed. 

Figure this is another ctj sock on Twitter... 😋

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

An FSU team that has beaten *check notes* UMass, Syracuse, and UNC. Currently in a battle with a down Clemsom team that already has 3 losses, and let's see this FSU team was also beaten by Jacksonville St. A school most people don't even know exist. But yeah they are getting better. Really not sure who is more disingenuous with their axe to grind with the coaching staff. You or Golfclap.

Have you watched them play? They looked like they were going 1-11 (beating umass). Do you think Texas beats UNC at this point? 

Whatever I am, it isn’t “disingenuous” about the staff. I’m not even sure if you know what that word means based on your usage of it there. I gave the staff a chance, they’ve shown excessively quick that they’re not going to cut it, and I’ve adjusted accordingly. I wasn’t bitching about them ahead of the season, and now my dissatisfaction with what I’ve seen has been stated clearly. None of that is “disingenuous”. 

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm not saying Sark doesn't suck but stop it with Norvell.  This is his second year right?  We would tarmac Sark if he lost to Jacksonville st and then send Cleve Bryant over to wreck his condo.  Stop.  

Dude, I am not advocating for Norvell. I’m pointing out exactly the absurdity of what’s happened with FSU compared to here. A guy that lost to Jacksonville State is now getting better weekly with his team while this Texas team looks like it is falling apart. Sucks. 

Edited by closetojumping

Also, how the hell has Baylor managed to apparently hire 2 good coaches while we are apparently screwing up for the 3rd time.

Dammit, I am an extremely positive person....but this shit sucks right now....and I don't see Sark fixing it, nor based off how we have been for the most part embarrassed on the recruiting trail so far, do I see us getting the talent that is needed.

Truly if you were Arch or Stewart...would you take this shitshow that the last 12 years has been over someplace you could win and get to the NFL?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I figure today is a good day to find out. Having a gummie from my last trip to Vegas, on my second Mexican martini, and I think have a stashed can of skoal hidden somewhere. Tumbledown - engaged. If the Astros win tonight, I’ll come off tilt. If they lose, I’m vomiting into a tupperware bowl, sealing it, duct taping it, and then sending it overnight to Sarkisian’s office in Belmont. 

Naw, even if the Astros lose, we'll at least have the joy of watching Atlanta fans sweat out another 3-1 lead.

Edited by Rimbo

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Have you watched them play? They looked like they were going 1-11 (beating umass). Do you think Texas beats UNC at this point? 

Whatever I am, it isn’t “disingenuous” about the staff. I’m not even sure if you know what that word means based on your usage of it there. I gave the staff a chance, they’ve shown excessively quick that they’re not going to cut it, and I’ve adjusted accordingly. I wasn’t bitching about them ahead of the season, and now my dissatisfaction with what I’ve seen has been stated clearly. None of that is “disingenuous”. 

Dude, I am not advocating for Norvell. I’m pointing out exactly the absurdity of what’s happened with FSU compared to here. A guy that lost to Jacksonville State is now getting better weekly with his team while this Texas team looks like it is falling apart. Sucks. 

You're not giving Sark the timeframe though.  I'm not advocating for Sark, but he lost to three top fifteen teams in consecutive weeks.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's year one with a shit roster in a new scheme. If you are watching the games and can't see where just having a second receiver than can catch the ball or at least one stud OL or a QB that can go through reads don't immediately help this team then I have to think you struggle understanding what's happening on the football field. And that's before I get to the pussies on defense. To bail on the staff now seems premature. You haven't really given the coaching staff a chance and you've been pissing down your pants leg in this thread for damn near 2 weeks now. There is no sincerity there. Can't be when you are highlighting the bullshit job Norvell is doing in YEAR 2. You should just go full Golfclap at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

It's year one with a shit roster in a new scheme. If you are watching the games and can't see where just having a second receiver than can catch the ball or at least one stud OL or a QB that can go through reads don't immediately help this team then I have to think you struggle understanding what's happening on the football field. And that's before I get to the pussies on defense. To bail on the staff now seems premature. You haven't really given the coaching staff a chance and you've been pissing down your pants leg in this thread for damn near 2 weeks now. There is no sincerity there. Can't be when you are highlighting the bullshit job Norvell is doing in YEAR 2. You should just go full Golfclap at this point.

You got me. I don’t know football. I’m being disingenuous by being hopeful about the staff and then watching them get run over after halftime by better coaches and then realizing we’re fucked. That’s exactly what that word means, apparently. 

I haven’t been doing anything here the last two+ weeks but calling this shit show what it is. You’ve been so brave though. Your whiteknighting for Seven Win Steve and Pete Kwiatkowski will be honored here for generations after they go on to win multiple national titles at Texas and I’m banished to the nether regions of 247 and Rivals due to your valiance. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You got me. I don’t know football. I’m being disingenuous by being hopeful about the staff and then watching them get run over after halftime by better coaches and then realizing we’re fucked. That’s exactly what that word means, apparently. 

I haven’t been doing anything here the last two+ weeks but calling this shit show what it is. You’ve been so brave though. Your whiteknighting for Seven Win Steve and Pete Kwiatkowski will be honored here for generations after they go on to win multiple national titles at Texas and I’m banished to the nether regions of 247 and Rivals due to your valiance. 

But you aren't being hopeful, that's the disingenuous part, you are Golfclap light at this point and just not brave enough yet to go full GC. And I'm not whiteknighting anyone but I can be level headed and realize the players share some blame here and I can see some promise if we are able to upgrade the talent level on this team, moreso on offense. Jury is rightfully out on PK as I'm not sure his scheme works in this league against anyone not named Spencer Rattler.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting coming from Gerry who I have not seen him make a post like this before. 

DCF89F1C-EFB4-4701-8ED6-8806175CFF15.jpeg

It has to happen at this point. The D has played well in the first half almost every week, and then can’t get a stop in the second  

Back up the truck for muschamp now that he’s had his vacation.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting coming from Gerry who I have not seen him make a post like this before. 

DCF89F1C-EFB4-4701-8ED6-8806175CFF15.jpeg

It’s insanely obvious at this point. But would we actually do it? Aranda fired his OC after one year and hit a home run hiring Grimes. Do we have the courage to do what Baylor did? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To me the way Sark hired this defensive staff always made me wonder if PK was just a rental until he gets his real guy. But it may just be me having wishful thinking 

Pretty sure he thought Muschamp was in when he hired them. No way did he plan on firing a guy after one year. The way he did it was very weird though and imo contributing to some of the issues we’re seeing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Put me down for Muschamp, Hutzler, and Corey Raymond. Adios to K, Chote, and Joseph. Swap Coleman for Samples, and let’s go wreck shit for a change instead of having our shit wrecked.

A guy on IT mentioned trying to get Hankton from UGA. His brother is currently on our staff.  I’ll believe Raymond leaves LSU when I see him listed on another teams staff directory. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s insanely obvious at this point. But would we actually do it? Aranda fired his OC after one year and hit a home run hiring Grimes. Do we have the courage to do what Baylor did? 

Grimes was a great move by Aranda. Their offense did a full 180 from last year and he sure seems to be the reason. 

Barring major improvement, I suspect Sark will at least call muschamp again to see if he’s interested. If he says no, wouldn’t be shocked to see PK stay. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A guy on IT mentioned trying to get Hankton from UGA. His brother is currently on our staff.  I’ll believe Raymond leaves LSU when I see him listed on another teams staff directory. 

Why would he leave UGA? And do we want him? I’m sure he has a good recruiting record but that’s aided by the UGA bag game. 

I think it's clear what has happened. If the BMD's and Regents hadn't forced Sark on us we'd all be winning right now with Chris Del Conte's choice, James Franklin. Just Kidding. Am I? Now I'm not even sure I'm kidding.

Apologize for the long post, but I've had it. To get recruiting back on track, the following must be addressed.

OU, Baylor, Cincinnati, Ohio State, and other schools somehow know who are good coaches and who aren't. For some reason, our school has their thumbs up their asses during every football coaching search, assistant and head.

The formula for offense, unless you have superior talent like Alabama, is having a running QB who also can throw well. It's obvious that you need the QB to create the numbers mismatch. Even Herman understood that. Sark's offense does not use the QB as a runner. His system will always have stops and starts until or if he figures this out, or somehow gets Alabama level talent.

The formula for defense, unless you have superior talent, is four down lineman. They stop the run.  They pressure the QB. They penetrate the line of scrimmage. A three man front with Jack/Buck LB's gets pushed off the line from double teams or mismatches, creates massive gaps, relies on linebackers to be perfect in their reads, and is generally not as good. It's great in the NFL because, you know, they are all great players. Ash's defense performed better than anything since Orlando's first year, when he had NFL talent and the advantage of new system that hadn't been schemed against yet.

Our boosters are worthless.

Our players are weak, physically and mentally.

We are not and have not recruited well along the lines. We get the four stars that have big question marks, or we don't even get enough four stars. Unfortunately, this problem takes years to fix.

How in the hell do you get players in the door? I have no idea at this point.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Put me down for Muschamp, Hutzler, and Corey Raymond. Adios to K, Chote, and Joseph. Swap Coleman for Samples, and let’s go wreck shit for a change instead of having our shit wrecked.

I’d lose Gideon before Joseph. But then move Joseph to S and hire an actual CB coach. Joseph has a good track record with safeties, never made sense to me that we hired two safety coaches. 

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

It's common sense. Multiple four-stars who have been under his wing multiple years, and we have pretty terrible WR depth to show for it. Without Worthy falling into his lap it would be much worse. Dixon barely sees the field, Moore is making terrible mistakes, and Washington has never been more than average. Woodard is of course a non-factor. He's had years to ensure losing one guy (Whittington) wouldn't cripple the group like this, yet here we are.

Coleman is on his second recruiting cycle. He had a lame duck HC in the last one. This is his first real cycle and he currently has Winfield and Thompson committed. 

Now, I follow recruiting so I am fully aware of how shitty Coleman is in that regard. He's also showing me that he probably isn't good enough as a coach to justify his shitty recruiting chops.

I'm still not blaming Josh Moore's lack of focus on the guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

But you aren't being hopeful, that's the disingenuous part, you are Golfclap light at this point and just not brave enough yet to go full GC. And I'm not whiteknighting anyone but I can be level headed and realize the players share some blame here and I can see some promise if we are able to upgrade the talent level on this team, moreso on offense.

Man, give it a rest.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think it's clear what has happened. If the BMD's and Regents hadn't forced Sark on us we'd all be winning right now with Chris Del Conte's choice, James Franklin. Just Kidding. Am I? Now I'm not even sure I'm kidding.

Apologize for the long post, but I've had it. To get recruiting back on track, the following must be addressed.

OU, Baylor, Cincinnati, Ohio State, and other schools somehow know who are good coaches and who aren't. For some reason, our school has their thumbs up their asses during every football coaching search, assistant and head.

The formula for offense, unless you have superior talent like Alabama, is having a running QB who also can throw well. It's obvious that you need the QB to create the numbers mismatch. Even Herman understood that. Sark's offense does not use the QB as a runner. His system will always have stops and starts until or if he figures this out, or somehow gets Alabama level talent.

The formula for defense, unless you have superior talent, is four down lineman. They stop the run.  They pressure the QB. They penetrate the line of scrimmage. A three man front with Jack/Buck LB's gets pushed off the line from double teams or mismatches, creates massive gaps, relies on linebackers to be perfect in their reads, and is generally not as good. It's great in the NFL because, you know, they are all great players. Ash's defense performed better than anything since Orlando's first year, when he had NFL talent and the advantage of new system that hadn't been schemed against yet.

We are not and have not recruited well along the lines. We get the four stars that have big question marks, or we don't even get enough four stars. Unfortunately, this problem takes years to fix.

I personally thought Aranda was going to be a good head coach when he was at LSU. 

I also would have preferred Fickell to Sark of all the likely candidates after CDC fucked the Meyer hire.  

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To me the way Sark hired this defensive staff always made me wonder if PK was just a rental until he gets his real guy. But it may just be me having wishful thinking 

Pretty confident in saying Will Muschamp was the first choice.  Then Sark made runs at Golding and Lanning.

I like Sark. I hope he retires here.. I'm probably in the minority, but I believe a nice guy can win here.  I, like many, thought he hired an all-star staff. But perhaps a lot of these guys aren't what we thought they were. The guy I was most excited about, PK, might not be the right fit as we head into the SEC.  I hope Sark evaluates his staff and makes the right calls, from strength and conditioning to position coaches.  In the end, I don't care if he fires the entire staff, after all if you go position by position it's hard to say where we have improved this year.  I believe he can win here. We aren't firing him in the next four years unless something about his character changes. It's going to take time to change our culture, we need some alpha dogs on this team. Everyone thinks it's Saban who drops the hammer at Bama, spoiler alert, it's not, it's the leaders on the team that demand perfection, that call out their teammates and hold them accountable.  We don't have that culture yet. And unfortunately that takes time to build.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I personally thought Aranda was going to be a good head coach when he was at LSU. 

I also would have preferred Fickell to Sark of all the likely candidates after CDC fucked the Meyer hire.  

Bringing in a guy like Fickell or Campbell to replace Herman wouldn't have built a coalition.  Commentary would've been "great another guy who "won" at a small school.  I'll bet he can coach them up."

Just now, closetohumping said:

Bringing in a guy like Fickell or Campbell to replace Herman wouldn't have built a coalition.  Commentary would've been "great another guy who "won" at a small school.  I'll bet he can coach them up."

I just want to hire football coaches. Those guys coach football.  All this hoopla about coalition and etc can fuck off. We have way too many fucking specifics on what a coach should be for Texas. Fuck Texas and what it’s alumni, admin, etc think. Just hire the best football coaches. We’ve done it for other sports so who gives a shit about optics. 

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don't think the BMDs pushed Sark.  CDC did...after Urban said no.  Fickell, Franklin and Campbell wouldn't have worked initially and maybe they wouldn't have come anyway.

And you Johnny come lately's, please don't say "look what Aranda has done with Baylor."  Dude went 2-7 in year 1

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I’d lose Gideon before Joseph. But then move Joseph to S and hire an actual CB coach. Joseph has a good track record with safeties, never made sense to me that we hired two safety coaches. 

Joseph sucks wind.  He sucks badly.  Gideon was hired on Muschamp's rec when Muschamp was coming here as DC before Mrs. Musch pitched a fit.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I like Sark. I hope he retires here.. I'm probably in the minority, but I believe a nice guy can win here.  I, like many, thought he hired an all-star staff. But perhaps a lot of these guys aren't what we thought they were. The guy I was most excited about, PK, might not be the right fit as we head into the SEC.  I hope Sark evaluates his staff and makes the right calls, from strength and conditioning to position coaches.  In the end, I don't care if he fires the entire staff, after all if you go position by position it's hard to say where we have improved this year.  I believe he can win here. We aren't firing him in the next four years unless something about his character changes. It's going to take time to change our culture, we need some alpha dogs on this team. Everyone thinks it's Saban who drops the hammer at Bama, spoiler alert, it's not, it's the leaders on the team that demand perfection, that call out their teammates and hold them accountable.  We don't have that culture yet. And unfortunately that takes time to build.

Well said. Culture will take time to build.

The scheme on offense will be just fine if we fix the OL and get 1-2 more WRs. 

The scheme on D looks ugly. Big changes may be required. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Joseph sucks wind.  He sucks badly.  Gideon was hired on Muschamp's rec when Muschamp was coming here as DC before Mrs. Musch pitched a fit.

I like Gideon but he’s never even been a position coach. Joseph has a good track record of developing NFL safeties at aggy and ND. That’s all I know, I’ll admit

35 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It has to happen at this point. The D has played well in the first half almost every week, and then can’t get a stop in the second  

Back up the truck for muschamp now that he’s had his vacation.  

Muschamp is the Defensive Analyst/Special Teams Coordinator at Georgia and his son is a redshirt-freshman there. Not sure he'll leave before his son graduates. We might have try for Lanning... again.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Terry Joesph was terrible at aggy…. Not sure why we hired him.

other than the obvious Coleman, this was the only other head scratcher.  PK's defense looks like an abortion.  But if I were him defending my case at the end of the year evaluation, I would say wtf, most DCs are hired first and pick their staff.  You hired my staff then hired me

One of the things I’ve learned over the years regarding the quality of a coach, in any sport, is to see improvement, game to game, and year to year. 

You see that in all of the great coaches, and hardly ever see it in weak coaches. So far this year, we’ve regressed. 

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Franklin is a fucking dirt ball cock sucking fraud. he will never coach here

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting