Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We are going to have to sell something to the 2023 recruits and the fans. At minimum, I think you fire the S&C and several position coaches. Then you try to raid the portal in a desperate attempt to turn things around. Then you hire a veteran former DC as a positional coach so you can fire PK early in the 2022 season if things are not dramatically improved. Other than that, I am out of ideas. 

I feel like I've seen this show before a few times

• Hook 'Em 1

Whittington being out has really hurt. But never mind a deeper corps of receivers...even with those now active, we'd have at least  6 wins with a slightly cleaner pocket in the 2nd half of these games. Defenses just put the heat on 11 and get big stops. We'd still have some drops, but he'd be able to get the ball to more of these guys left wide open. The inept OL play is killing us time and again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I think you fire the S&C and several position coaches. Then you try to raid the portal in a desperate attempt to turn things around. Then you hire a veteran former DC as a positional coach so you can fire PK early in the 2022 season if things are not dramatically improved. Other than that, I am out of ideas. 

I wish I lived in world where Texas was corrupt enough to just hire Pruitt as a replacement for Joseph. 

38 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I came here specifically to question whether the same sunshine pumping smooth brains would try to peddle their "Early playing time!" "Recruits don't care about results like fans do" nonsensical bullshit..    and two examples were already waiting. Get a fucking grip. Both of you. 

Those same kids could play right away at Kansas or a hundred other toilet teams in the country. Texas has become an absolute joke again amongst recruits. Few things are more damaging to a program than becoming a meme and we are getting fucking roasted in group chats and texts between recruits right now in a way we haven't seen since the Strong era (and that isn't speculation). Early playing time will help up us with JAGs but the elite talent can go play early at plenty of other programs not fun by an incompetent dipshit. EARLY PLAYING TIME IS NOT APPEALING IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BE POORLY DEVELOPED AND LOSE 4-5 GAMES A FUCKING YEAR. 

you are dumb star trek GIF

Where did I say recruits don't care about results? Where did I even say they should elect to come to UT? 

21 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I came here specifically to question whether the same sunshine pumping smooth brains would try to peddle their "Early playing time!" "Recruits don't care about results like fans do" nonsensical bullshit..    and two examples were already waiting. Get a fucking grip. Both of you. 

Those same kids could play right away at Kansas or a hundred other toilet teams in the country. Texas has become an absolute joke again amongst recruits. Few things are more damaging to a program than becoming a meme and we are getting fucking roasted in group chats and texts between recruits right now in a way we haven't seen since the Strong era (and that isn't speculation). Early playing time will help up us with JAGs but the elite talent can go play early at plenty of other programs not fun by an incompetent dipshit. EARLY PLAYING TIME IS NOT APPEALING IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BE POORLY DEVELOPED AND LOSE 4-5 GAMES A FUCKING YEAR. 

you are dumb star trek GIF

Your CTJ, Jr. schtick is weak. Maybe try being yourself instead of trying poorly to imitate our Berater-In-Chief.

Of course I’d rather us be winning out there. I understand that nothing sells like success to recruits. But I’m just not ready to start pining for the new coach already, and my trying to find a silver lining after another depressing loss isn’t going to have any impact on who coaches this football team anyway. Do you think if all the Surly posters just unified in their internet message board rage it will change the direction of our program?  

Sark is here for at least another 2-3 years regardless of what any “sunshine pumpers” post on this board. If you want to start calling for his head, be my guest, I’m not going to tell you how to think  I’m sure I’ll catch up to you eventually. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wish I could just put all the blame on Sarkisian. Texas was soft and undisciplined before he got here, but he’s not gonna be the one to get them right in that regard. Tom had them playing more physical, but he had very little offensive creativity for being a mastermind.

Just gotta hit on the guys we actually sign and hit the portal hard as hell and hope the shuffle makes them better.

I didn’t expect much, but we should have won all three of these games. It’s a horrible pattern we’re seeing

35 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

The moment moore fumbled in the second I knew we were done.  This team is mentally weak and that’s coaching

A Top100 recruit in his class with two years of coaching under Andre Coleman letting passes repeatedly thud off his hands is not a great look for our WR coaching. You can only deflect blame onto the players for so long. Coleman's been on the staff since 2019 and our WR room is as weak as its ever been even with Worthy miraculously dropping into our laps.

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

A Top100 recruit in his class with two years of coaching under Andre Coleman letting passes repeatedly thud off his hands is not a great look for our WR coaching. You can only deflect blame onto the players for so long. Coleman's been on the staff since 2019 and our WR room is as weak as its ever been even with Worthy miraculously dropping into our laps.

Miraculously dropping into our laps, you mean the only WR actually recruited by our new coach is the only good WR on the team? Fuck off already

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Blaming the dismal state of our WR room on our WR coach who's been here since 2019 and the position coach since 2020 is interesting.

It's common sense. Multiple four-stars who have been under his wing multiple years, and we have pretty terrible WR depth to show for it. Without Worthy falling into his lap it would be much worse. Dixon barely sees the field, Moore is making terrible mistakes, and Washington has never been more than average. Woodard is of course a non-factor. He's had years to ensure losing one guy (Whittington) wouldn't cripple the group like this, yet here we are.

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I don't believe you're disputing me.

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Top100 is pretty funny.  Moore found himself looking for a spot late in the cycle and there we were to take him.  Despite the yoakum twins being overrated as hs sophomores, they didn't drop quite enough considering their weak ass competition.  They looked meh in camps and most just shrugged and said, put some meat on them bones and he'll be great!  The rest of the 2018 and 2019 classes are sprinkled with similar stories, Herman and the first squad of assistants were dogshit evaluators and there's mounting evidence.  But yes, Coleman is also ass

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Miraculously dropping into our laps, you mean the only WR actually recruited by our new coach is the only good WR on the team? Fuck off already

No one mentioned Sark, but of course you reflexively start defending him. Maybe stop sunshine pumping for a sec and take a look at what was actually written.

The sooner we replace Coleman the better. I see no point sticking with this guy when we're seeing the fruit of his three years on the staff right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hot take here — 7-5 final record shouldn’t have been that surprising before the season started (Vegas o/u was 7.5), nor is it even that bad for a first year coach (almost no one does better than that in year 1). 

The bigger problem for recruiting is the way it’s happening. Our hardest 4 games were all in a row, and we’ve shat the bed late in all of them so far. Mentally much worse than 4 ho-hum losses spread through the year. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

The moment moore fumbled in the second I knew we were done.  This team is mentally weak and that’s coaching

Coaching and players should be accountable for the shit happening on the field.   

The problem with this team is too many mentally weak JAGS, no upperclassmen leadership, and coaches who have not done a good job...  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Hot take here — 7-5 final record shouldn’t have been that surprising before the season started (Vegas o/u was 7.5), nor is it even that bad for a first year coach (almost no one does better than that in year 1). 

The bigger problem for recruiting is the way it’s happening. Our hardest 4 games were all in a row, and we’ve shat the bed late in all of them so far. Mentally much worse than 4 ho-hum losses spread through the year. 

7-5? You see a 3-1 finish from this team? 

29 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Your CTJ, Jr. schtick is weak. Maybe try being yourself instead of trying poorly to imitate our Berater-In-Chief.

Of course I’d rather us be winning out there. I understand that nothing sells like success to recruits. But I’m just not ready to start pining for the new coach already, and my trying to find a silver lining after another depressing loss isn’t going to have any impact on who coaches this football team anyway. Do you think if all the Surly posters just unified in their internet message board rage it will change the direction of our program?  

Sark is here for at least another 2-3 years regardless of what any “sunshine pumpers” post on this board. If you want to start calling for his head, be my guest, I’m not going to tell you how to think  I’m sure I’ll catch up to you eventually. 

1) I feel like I’m a lot more diverse than Berater-In-Chief. 

2) I think it’s pointless for anyone to be thinking about the next guy already. As you and others have said, we’re trapped with this soft dipshit for 3 more seasons. We have no idea who will be available to disappoint us next, because that’s like 1000 days away. 

22 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Blaming Moore’s lack of focus on Coleman is interesting.
I’m sure the kid usually shows good discipline otherwise

Coleman’s charges haven’t done shit at this point. The WR depth is thin and weak. He gets no credit for Worthy.

You imbeciles running around defending the staff should at least show your fucking work. If you want to defend Coleman at this point tell the rest of us what it is you think is defensible. The players suck, the recruiting sucks. He was a fucking analyst damned near out of the profession when Herman lazily gave him the job. So what is it that merits your interest in defending the guy at this point?

• Hook 'Em 5

Jesus shit dicks show me 3 more guaranteed wins.

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

7-5 is the absolute best case scenario at this point, and what about this season makes you think a best case scenario of any sort is about to happen.

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I keep seeing everyone ratchet down the record for what is acceptable this season. Now we’re at 7-5, apparently. Tom Herman went 7-3 last year and he was fired. The program didn’t suffer major attrition with the coaching change. The schedule isn’t much different than last season. But here we are, rationalizing how 7-5 is fine. 

By the way, I’m not sure 7-5 is happening. As said before today, this team is 4-5 and doesn’t even know it. The team is getting worse weekly. They get Kansas at home, so that puts them at 5-5. Then Texas has to go to a probably very cold and hostile Morgantown. It’s a team loaded with pussies, coached by pussies, playing a decent WVU team. That’s a loss. 5-6. Then 6 days later, Texas is playing a meh KSU team to go bowling. 

Texas finishes the regular season 5-7/6-6/7-5. My guess at this point is 6-6 by the skin of its teeth. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I keep seeing everyone ratchet down the record for what is acceptable this season. Now we’re at 7-5, apparently. Tom Herman went 7-3 last year and he was fired. The program didn’t suffer major attrition with the coaching change. The schedule isn’t much different than last season. But here we are, rationalizing how 7-5 is fine. 

By the way, I’m not sure 7-5 is happening. As said before today, this team is 4-5 and doesn’t even know it. The team is getting worse weekly. They get Kansas at home, so that puts them at 5-5. Then Texas has to go to a probably very cold and hostile Morgantown. It’s a team loaded with pussies, coached by pussies, playing a decent WVU team. That’s a loss. 5-6. Then 6 days later, Texas is playing a meh KSU team to go bowling. 

Texas finishes the regular season 5-7/6-6/7-5. My guess at this point is 6-6 by the skin of its teeth. 

Herm was 7-3 with two cancellations that I think would've been easy wins, Rice and Kansas.  That's with two new coordinators.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe not by attrition but this team lost a lot to graduation/NFL. Getting one of Ossai or Cosmi likely gives us an additional win. Both of them made their entire lines better. Graham's impact was underrated. Hell CB, Sterns and Eagles are all better than what we are putting out there now outside of Bijan and Worthy.

Anyone still blaming the players or talent is wrong and simply hoping that the brutal reality in front of them isn’t true. 

for those who think this is a talent issue  - note this - there is not one single position group that has improved under this staff. Not one. that’s the only thing you need to see. 

All the talent in the world isn’t going to fix the problem wearing headsets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who rationalized 7-5 as being fine? 7-5 is only optimistic at this point.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Winfield 

I doubt he will decommit until he is ready to directly flip to another program. From what I know of the kid and the people around him they are savvy enough to likely avoid the potential 'decommit from Texas, Tucker goes to LSU where you are potentially not a take and then Texas doesn't want you back' scenario. I expect someone from the DL group to break first (maybe Aaron Bryant?). 

I went into this season with no expectations of W-L record. But whatever thoughts I had about how well we might play on offense have proved optimistic. I'm still thrilled Herman is gone, but I realize we need far better coaching and a stronger overall roster to make noise in either conference. I'm anticipating a rough signing period but praying the portal is a huge net positive on both sides of the ball. 

33 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Drugs help.

I figure today is a good day to find out. Having a gummie from my last trip to Vegas, on my second Mexican martini, and I think have a stashed can of skoal hidden somewhere. Tumbledown - engaged. If the Astros win tonight, I’ll come off tilt. If they lose, I’m vomiting into a tupperware bowl, sealing it, duct taping it, and then sending it overnight to Sarkisian’s office in Belmont. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I figure today is a good day to find out. Having a gummie from my last trip to Vegas, on my second Mexican martini, and I think have a stashed can of skoal hidden somewhere. Tumbledown - engaged. If the Astros win tonight, I’ll come off tilt. If they lose, I’m vomiting into a tupperware bowl, sealing it, duct taping it, and then sending it overnight to Sarkisian’s office in Belmont. 

I like this plan. 

Ok after a few hours of thought and time to process the Baylor....I can say it isn't so bad...it's worse.

We're good and truly fucked chaps.

I could stomach OU because I thought we had things to build on from that...but no we're getting worse. Ya'll are still worried about recruits....I'm worried about Bijan and Worthy hitting the portal...

The bad news is we are struggling in the big 12, we will possibly go winless our first year in the SEC....I guess the bright side will be Sark can't possibly survive that. 

Fuck Eltife and Delconte, they ended up hiring a worse coach than Herman.  He may be more likeable, but he is worse overall. We berated Herman for bringing his friends, but apparently his cougar high staff was still better than the pieces of garbage we are currently paying....Who knows, maybe Sark is the best coach they could find to take our money. We know Urban said no, but the only excuse I can find for this is Matt Campbell and a bunch of others told us to fuck off and we panicked. 

All concerns about whether or not OU was embarrassing will shortly become moot because next season Saban is actually really coming to Austin and he's bringing hell with him.  Bama will do to us on our home field what we all thought they would do to A&M.....route 66 against UCLA will be a fond memory.

(So this is what it's like to be CTJ and Satyanash...)

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting