Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

16 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

https://www.davidslegacy.org/davids-story/

i know this family and I would just like to say I had no idea how fucked life as a kid had become for some. I wouldn’t have been able to deal with it. 

It can be very frustrating listening to sensitive people who “feel bullied” when normal razzing and simple joking are being used in a social setting to ease tension or release pressure. 

but there’s other stuff that is fucking next level. Imagine getting the interweb pile-on neg hammer but instead of it being a website, it’s your fucking life. Also, at an age before you’ve learned to tell everyone to go fuck themselves? I can’t imagine.

This is my nightmare.   

Edited by Nivek

Just now, Atticus said:

He's got a little Antonio Brown to him. I don't think he's a bad kid, just a bit too aware of his brand/money at this point.

I don't think he is a bad kid, either, but the "wide open" recruitment with seemingly wild swings is indicative of a mercenary, IMO. Those just often don't seem to work well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

He's going to be a great player.  You wouldn't be saying this if he was trending our way. 

I said the exact same thing about Javonne Shepard. Was not happy that we "won" that recruitment.

I am not there with Stewart yet, just saying it's the same kind of feeling to me.

He's going to be a great player.  You wouldn't be saying this if he was trending our way. 

That’s not true. We’d hope he would be.

This was being said about Zach evans last year and others as well.

He may be great…might not….but he’s showing signs of having just as much drama as skills.

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't think he is a bad kid, either, but the "wide open" recruitment with seemingly wild swings is indicative of a mercenary, IMO. Those just often don't seem to work well. 

He may not be great at aggy because they don’t know how to  use WRs, but plenty of “mercenaries” work out fine at Bama, Ohio State, etc. You are coping.

Edited by Lonestar88

31 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

so Stewart won't end up at aggy?

CALCULATOR

Gerry goes out of his way to mention how media savvy Evan is. Listen to those podcasts with Bobby Burton. Savvy. Savvy. Savvy. I think the subtext is not to take all the "swings" at face value. I think it's probably still us because it's always been us and mainly because of Worthy's film this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

He may not be great at aggy because they don’t know how to  use WRs, but plenty of “mercenaries” work out fine at Bama, Ohio State, etc. You are coping.

Bama, Ohio State, etc. are in a completely different boat than almost all the rest of CFB.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

6f2b0ea3-09ef-4df5-a1f8-290bb6110250-jpe

Gerry confirmed Stewart will be back at A&M for the Auburn game.

I still find it very hard to believe Stewart is short-sighted enough to pick ATM, but damn, they sure seem to have some recruiters that are good at pulling the wool over kids' eyes. So who knows.

Ultimately still feels like one we win by matching offers, but doesn't seem as clear cut anymore.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I still find it very hard to believe Stewart is short-sighted enough to pick ATM, but damn, they sure seem to have some recruiters that are good at pulling the wool over kids' eyes. So who knows.

Ultimately still feels like one we win by matching offers, but doesn't seem as clear cut anymore.

They have their system fully functional and running well. 

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Not as relevant to us anymore but Omari Abor has been getting a string of CBs / Futurecasts to tOSU.

Hoping the post recruiting class write ups discuss this one.  Strange recruitment all around. Strong ou lean, then they stopped talking to him out the blue.  For as much buzz this kid had a year ago, it's been quiet.

A&M has benefited greatly from the Alabama win. It’s allowed Jimbo to spin a helluva story with recruits - “Recovered from losing our 5 star QB talent, just getting started, stars finally starting to align” ya da ya da ya da.

Need to see them choke away another game or two or that momentum will continue to grow. If they do lose another two games, and we finally get our shit together, then I could see it swinging a few recruits for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

A&M has benefited greatly from the Alabama win. It’s allowed Jimbo to spin a helluva story with recruits - “Recovered from losing our 5 star QB talent, just getting started, stars finally starting to align” ya da ya da ya da.

Need to see them choke away another game or two or that momentum will continue to grow. If they do lose another two games, and we finally get our shit together, then I could see it swinging a few recruits for us. 

it will fall apart when half of them follow him to LSU...

44 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Aggy will try to close Stewart this weekend. Would be a serious flex and Im sure they're willing to go above and beyond to stick it to us. 

Are they really so far ahead of us on infrastructure that they can take one of our top leans, who according to you we were being very competitive with, and in a matter of weeks go from no interest to closing him down? All while bagging up other 5 star auctions too?

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Are they really so far ahead of us on infrastructure that they can take one of our top leans, who according to you we were being very competitive with, and in a matter of weeks go from no interest to closing him down? All while bagging up other 5 star auctions too?

Yes

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Pretty sure they’ve been playing the bag game since bear Bryant.  

20 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Every insurance salesman from BCS to Baytown are contributing their Q4 bonuses to the pot

48 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

They are certainly ahead. By how much Im not sure. My hope is the staff has gone radio silent on twerps like me because they have the cooperation theyre looking for elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

LOL yes.  I know a medium/decent sized money booster that's been contributing since Sumlin at least.  Some of the folks he rubs shoulders with are the buy your mom a house type money, and they want to win really fucking bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I would understand Oho State, Alabama, hell even Florida and Georgia. But any offensive recruit wide receiver that picks A&M is being sold a bill of goods and doesn't have the critical thinking skills to succeed in the NFL

Barring injuries and assuming people leave early, A&M will have an IOL, RB, and TE taken somewhere between 1-5 at their respective positions. Most likely closer to 1 than 5 for all of them. 

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

LOL yes.  I know a medium/decent sized money booster that's been contributing since Sumlin at least.  Some of the folks he rubs shoulders with are the buy your mom a house type money, and they want to win really fucking bad. 

They got individuals putting up house-money every year? lol no wonder they're bagging so many people. 

Idk what's more pathetic, their level of desperation to get high schoolers to play a game, or UT's total lack of ability at the opposite end of the spectrum.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

They got individuals putting up house-money every year? lol no wonder they're bagging so many people. 

I don't know what they are paying.  I know I've met more than one that wouldn't think twice about it, and claims to have several times.  There's a pretty solid 4-5 kids over the last several years that went from 0 interest to committing in less than 2 weeks.  You can start your search there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I don't know what they are paying.  I know I've met more than one that wouldn't think twice about it, and claims to have several times.  There's a pretty solid 4-5 kids over the last several years that went from 0 interest to committing in less than 2 weeks.  You can start your search there. 

Yeah I know there have been some obvious ones. 5-6 if Stewart goes there. Might as well throw Nolen in that bucket too per that quote from his mom.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Yes. They’re paying for visits, not visit certain schools, to decommit, and to shut it down. If we started now it would take us at least 3 years to get to their point and I think that would be pushing it. Maybe longer. They have complete buy in from their donors and are aligned. Ours are trying to figure out ROI because they’re thinking traditional business. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes. They’re paying for visits, not visit certain schools, to decommit, and to shut it down. If we started now it would take us at least 3 years to get to their point and I think that would be pushing it. Maybe longer. They have complete buy in from their donors and are aligned. Ours are trying to figure out ROI because they’re thinking traditional business. 

I mean UGA and Bama are the 1/2 ranked teams in the country yet it seems like Aggy has a great shot at the #1 recruiting class. We know those other two play the game just fine so pretty telling on what Aggy must be doing. 

Damn.. I shouldn’t have done it, but I looked at the 2019 #3 ranked class Texas had. 5 of top 7 players are not on the roster, the other 2 are JWhit and T Johnson. 13 players are no longer on the roster from that class. This has to be one of the worst recruiting classes Texas has signed in decades. Can’t believe a class went from #3 to damaging the program so quickly 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Damn.. I shouldn’t have done it, but I looked at the 2019 #3 ranked class Texas had. 5 of top 7 players are not on the roster, the other 2 are JWhit and T Johnson. 13 players are no longer on the roster from that class. This has to be one of the worst recruiting classes Texas has signed in decades. Can’t believe a class went from #3 to damaging the program so quickly 

I believe the class rank drops to around #30 if you take out just the transfers/medical retirements...not even considering the guys that weren't developed to shit by the last staff

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Big Woodrows said:

I believe the class rank drops to around #30 if you take out just the transfers/medical retirements...not even considering the guys that weren't developed to shit by the last staff

I have to believe it is way lower than that. It’s a class of 12 kids. Make it worse the 2 guys that stayed are JWhit and T Johnson. 

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

If Jimbo beats Bama again next year, they'll get a shot across the bow to chill it the fuck out ala Miss.  They might just tell Bama to go fuck themselves, tho.  They are a helluva lot closer than Freeze ever had OM.  All you need is 3-4 bonafide bad mf's in each class and it adds up quick.  

I'm surprised they haven't already gotten smacked down by the powers that be. Not only are they paying up, but they seem to be breaking all the unwritten rules to do it - paying a GA kid to decommit from UGA (Deyon), an LA kid from LSU (Jacoby), maybe an LA kid from Bama (Moss). Sure seems like they're outspending everyone, even UGA. And don't forget leaking the TX/OU stuff. That had to infuriate some powerful people.

If we go full tinfoil hat though - Aggy has been the big tie to the TX market so their success has been financially beneficial to the SEC. Bad business to slap them down like Ole Miss and lose so many eyeballs. Once TX/OU make them just 1 of 3 in the market, that incentive goes down quite a bit..

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting