2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Wait, what???

yeah.  They are consolidating and building two new high schools from the ground up.  The names are pretty shitty, IMHO.  Memorial High  and Legacy High.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/2021/07/19/wfisd-new-high-schools/8014900002/

I've long felt the Old High Rider is one of the best rivalries in Texas, and some of the traditions are just badass.

Oh well, time for change, and if that's what they felt was best, then more power to WFISD.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:11 AM, TreatyOak said:

Amazing story from Westlake from around 15 years ago. One of the parents of a QB commissioned some "QB expert" to do a study which "proved" why his son should start. (I know-what a surprise!) He then presented it to the befuddled coach, who must have thought he was in the Twilight Zone. 

Lmao!    Around these part the fricken baseball parents are worse.     Fucking select leagues are ruining youth baseball and planting unrealistic shit in parents heads.    The previous response I posted was about the issues football coaches face with parents.   Baseball coaches it’s probably several times worse at your baseball powerhouse schools.  Especially if you have a group of kids who have played select ball together for years on the same team get to high school and parents expect Junior to start on varsity as Freshmen because Coach Kissyourass tells you what you want to hear for the money. Glad my youngest in someways gave up baseball before he got to high school because some of the Baseball Karen like Moms are some of the worse bitches out there with their criticism of other kids while their own darling goes 0-4 at the plate.  

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

yeah.  They are consolidating and building two new high schools from the ground up.  The names are pretty shitty, IMHO.  Memorial High  and Legacy High.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/2021/07/19/wfisd-new-high-schools/8014900002/

I've long felt the Old High Rider is one of the best rivalries in Texas, and some of the traditions are just badass.

Oh well, time for change, and if that's what they felt was best, then more power to WFISD.

I'm not even from WF, but I might want to burn some shit down if they don't still use Coyotes and Roho somehow.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:58 PM, LTtxfan said:

Texas high school football has its first female head coach

“I always wanted to be a coach and always wanted to be a football coach and everybody thought I was crazy,” new Runge head coach Daisy Garcia said last year.

ZACH BARNETT.   16 HOURS AGO  

https://footballscoop.com/news/daisy-garcia-first-female-head-coach-texas-high-school-football

I hope Runge kicks Flatonia's ass next weekend!

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Non-RGV football isn’t my area of expertise, but I have a hard time imagining Mater Dei won’t wipe the floor with Dville. Mater Dei gets the best players from all over SoCal and even a couple out of state move in’s, Dville just gets the best players from South DFW. And I think Dville will have a new QB too. 

Duncanville doesn’t even get the best South DFW kids to themselves, too many top notch programs right next to them (Desoto, Cedar Hill, and to a lesser extent Lancaster) that split the talent.

Edited by Lonestar88

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Duncanville doesn’t even get the best South DFW kids to themselves, too many top notch programs right next to them (Desoto, Cedar Hill, and to a lesser extent Lancaster) that split the talent.

Duncanville lost a ton of assistant coaches this off season.  Pretty sure the only reason they scheduled Mater Dei is because no one else wants to play them.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, you left out Red Oak.  

Speaking of...

Chris Parson, a four-star quarterback for the Class of 2023 from Texas, has moved to Ravenwood, first-year coach Will Hester confirmed to The Tennessean on Tuesday.

Parson, a 6-foot, 190-pound quarterback, was the No. 8 prospect in Texas and No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the country. He's also the No. 91 overall prospect for 2023, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Parson started for Duncanville in the 2019 Class 6A championship game in Texas and played last year for Red Oak.

He completed 39 of 70 passes for 541 yards with four TDs and four interceptions, according to the Dallas Morning News. He also rushed for 488 yards and 11 TDs.

Parson has at least eight offers, including Iowa, Kansas, Oregon State, TCU and Virginia Tech.

Hester said Parson, who is originally from Williamson County, had been at Ravenwood for a couple weeks. He played for the Brentwood Blaze youth football program.

"Obviously (Tuesday) the information got out there and things really has blown up," said Hester, who made it clear that no starter has been named for the season just by Parson's arrival.

Hester said he hasn't seen Parson throw in person. Ravenwood is currently only allowed to lift weights and run for conditioning.

Edited by Beau Vine

On 8/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, Txslnghrns said:

Will be at next weekends Duncanville v Mater Dei game. It’s a good start to the football season. I don’t follow national high school football very closely. However….The last time I remember a number one national team from California coming into Texas was when Euless Trinity beat De La Salle. For those of you who have a little more insight….will history repeat itself? Or is the Cali team a legit number 1?

I live out here.  I have a hard time believing a California team could beat a Texas powerhouse mainly because nobody seems to give a shit out here and they don't seem to commit many resources.  SJB apparently kicked the crap out of #15 Miami Central though.  

9 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I live out here.  I have a hard time believing a California team could beat a Texas powerhouse mainly because nobody seems to give a shit out here and they don't seem to commit many resources.  SJB apparently kicked the crap out of #15 Miami Central though.  

Mater Dei and SJB definitely commit resources. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:31 PM, Beau Vine said:

Lulz, Wimberley got another move-in QB this season, after getting two last year.  

The best part is that this one played for IMG last year: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13009068/5f7108ab041f0c0b84292c2c

WTF?

So, he apparently got beaten out by a soph whose older brother QB'd Wimberley to the 2019 state championship game.  

I guess he'll show up in Aledo in October?

Top games this week:

Rockwall @ Cedar Hill

Manvel @ Dickinson

Reagan @ Brennan

Desoto @ Judson

Arlington Martin @ LT

Cedar Park @ Vandegrift

SLC @ HP, Thursday on ESPN IIRC

Longview @ Denton Ryan

Red Oak @ Ennis

Roho @ Dumas

Crosby @ Carthage

Calallen @ G-P

Celina @ Melissa

WOS @ Nederland

Sweetwater @ Stephenville

Grandview @ Malakoff

Gladewater @ Gilmer

Shiner @ Hallettsville

Franklin @ Lorena

• Hook 'Em 7

Top games this week:
Rockwall @ Cedar Hill
Manvel @ Dickinson
Reagan @ Brennan
Desoto @ Judson
Arlington Martin @ LT
Cedar Park @ Vandegrift
Longview @ Denton Ryan
Red Oak @ Ennis
Roho @ Dumas
Crosby @ Carthage
Calallen @ G-P
Celina @ Melissa
WOS @ Nederland
Grandview @ Malakoff
Gladewater @ Gilmer
Shiner @ Hallettsville
Franklin @ Lorena

Hey Beau!

What no Dominic Savio vs. St. Michael’s? Catholics versus well.... other Catholics? The Papal Bowl.

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So, he apparently got beaten out by a soph whose older brother QB'd Wimberley to the 2019 state championship game.  

I guess he'll show up in Aledo in October?

IMG has its share of 4 and 5 star guys of course, but I've seen first hand that they have plenty of guys that are slightly above average players whose wealthy parents let the sales pitch play on their delusions of grandeur...the sticker price to go there is about $70k and I have a weird feeling that Dylan Moses and others that were in that recruiting stratosphere didn't pay that, if anything at all

51 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

IMG has its share of 4 and 5 star guys of course, but I've seen first hand that they have plenty of guys that are slightly above average players whose wealthy parents let the sales pitch play on their delusions of grandeur...the sticker price to go there is about $70k and I have a weird feeling that Dylan Moses and others that were in that recruiting stratosphere didn't pay that, if anything at all

Yeah, this guy played for "IMG White" which sounds like a euphemism for JV.  His video is basically nothing but him taking off and running (which he does well), and I've heard complaints from friends who watched both scrimmages that he really can't pass and tucks the ball and runs as soon as he sees the first option covered.  

Best day of the year, Helobious Poll. And football starting is ok too I guess. Hoping no one gets more than 2 games cancelled this year. 

1. Edinburg Vela - still top dog until proven otherwise. Bringing back a fuck ton of players, except the QB

2. Harlingen - Junior RBs Bell & Torres are thunder & lightning. DL Huerta & LB Moradel are great leaders & players to boot. New QB for us as well.

3. Mercedes - JR receiver Tyrell Trevino is the next ZaiRaivion (who ended up at TAMUK). Trevino has a higher ceiling imo.

4. PSJA North - program on the rise. Their QB Aparicio is supposed to be the next big thing. They don’t run the offense for him to put up Marburger/Gilpin stats but watch out for him.

5. Mission - Their star QB Duran apparently transferred to SA churchill for baseball. Still lots of other talent.

6. Weslaco East - Burget is one of the most underrated coaches around. 

7. Weslaco - losing a lot but Stroman knows what he’s doing.

8. San Benito - solid team, good QB, still property of the Cardinals. They can shove their indoor practice facility up their ass. 

9. Sharyland Pioneer - we’ll see how much Marburger magic meant to them. 

10. Brownsville Hanna - from doormat to respectable program.

And a surly shoutout to Zach Gomez (of 9 TDs-while-on-coke fame). After some stints in jail & rehab he apparently got clean and has walked on at TAMUK, making the team as a QB. Quite the story. 

Hope everyone across the state has a great season. 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Top games this week:

Rockwall @ Cedar Hill

Manvel @ Dickinson

Reagan @ Brennan

Desoto @ Judson

Arlington Martin @ LT

Cedar Park @ Vandegrift

Longview @ Denton Ryan

Red Oak @ Ennis

Roho @ Dumas

Crosby @ Carthage

Calallen @ G-P

Celina @ Melissa

WOS @ Nederland

Grandview @ Malakoff

Gladewater @ Gilmer

Shiner @ Hallettsville

Franklin @ Lorena

One more little school:

Wellington at Duncan OK

Wellington was a 2ADII Semifinalist last year before bowing out to eventual champion, Windthorst 7-0.  The Skyrockets return 6off/6def starters, and are expected to contend for the State Title in 2021.

Meanwhile, Duncan was a 6-5 team in OK 5A last season, having beaten Lawton Ike in the first round of the playoffs before the Demons lost to OKC Bishop McGuinness

Edited by slorch

Texas High/Arkansas High scheduled for 9/3 cancelled due to local COVID concerns.

I think last year they didn’t play because of the UIL. late start. Someone said that was the first time since 1918 the didn’t play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk