2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

excuse me? i mean he was fired first. oh nevermind...

Uh huh. LT also stole McNeil’s future QB Nick Byrd (class of ‘23) in 8th grade after Deerpark MS  won district. Mom got a job and apt down there. They do shady shit all the time. LT got snaked this past offseason for Byrd by Lancaster though so karma.

18 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Uh huh. LT also stole McNeil’s future QB Nick Byrd (class of ‘23) in 8th grade after Deerpark MS  won district. Mom got a job and apt down there. They do shady shit all the time. LT got snaked this past offseason for Byrd by Lancaster though so karma.

hands over ears LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL so many people bitched about DCTF app they went back to their old platform. I hope my “Fix this shit Rich” review played some small part.

Could not log in on mobile devices.  Laptop was all that worked for checking scores FRiday night.

The old ap was great...see also: reliable.

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Heath had a kick to beat SLC...got blocked.  SLC survives 36-35.  It was a 29 yarder

This was the third place kicking error for Heath in the game.  They had another short field goal blocked and they had another short attempt where they could not get the snap down and did not get the kick off.

Good for SLC to fight back, but Heath lost this game as much as SLC won it.

14 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Ridge Point v Dickinson was great game... Go watch it....

RP 42 - D 36

That was a good game. Emmanuel was better than I expected and that RB is good as well. Was Kalu hurt? Don't recall seeing him 

Also do you know hy it was played at a neutral site?

Edited by Dennis Taylor

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That was a good game. Emmanuel was better than I expected and that RB is good as well. Was Kalu hurt? Don't recall seeing him 

Also do you know hy it was played at a neutral site?

Emmanuel started playing at high level at start of playoffs last season. I was glad he played well last night when people had a better chance to see him. The fact he has been in contact with but not received QB offers is mind boggling. The kid is smart, picks things up quickly and a great teammate. Everyone wants to move him to safety or receiver, and that might be where he eventually ends up, but the kid can play QB, certainly at the next level. He's getting some love from Northwestern, they need to offer already.

Jolly the RB is one of those players that always finds a lane, really good vision.

Kalu (#90) got hurt early in the game, looked like a knee injury, don't know how bad right now but kept him out of the rest of the game. Its a big reason Dickinson was able to run the ball so effectively for the remainder of the game. Defense struggled mightily in his absence.  He's definitely a force in the middle.

It was a home game for Ridge Point, but Fort Bend ISD only has two stadiums and one of them (Mercer) has ongoing construction that was delayed with the pandemic / weather / construction shortage that is running into this season, so with only 1 stadium and 11 HS teams, Fort Bend is having to use other stadiums. I can't say that I minded as Freedom Field was an awesome stadium and luckily RP has another game there this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Smoking for Jesus is actually a team full of “athletes”. Most of their families are a decade-plus away from being Katrina transplants. Don’t let the name fool you, as some of their players have gone to the next level and beyond. At first, they were a 6-man team and those games have a score limit, similar to a “run rule” in baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2

I officiated a game far SW of San Antonio tonight. A little cloud cover helped keep the temps lower than expected. We also had a consistent breeze from 10-15 mph that was appreciated, since you are sweating just observing pre-game warm ups/action.

Home team won big. I can’t really be more specific because social medial interactions are frowned upon. Both teams were great participants and with the large scoring margin, that’s when the unnecessary flags come out! The outcome was “obvious” by the end of the 1st Qtr, but both teams acted appropriately.

Best of luck to all TXHS football teams during the remainder of their seasons. So far, two weeks into it, the game atmosphere has been so much better than last year. I still have a soft spot in my heart for those players that were Seniors last year, playing in limited capacity stadiums.

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I’ve officiated 6-man games (years ago), but it’s like once a team scores over a 50+ margin, it’s game over - regardless of what time is left on the clock.

45 point rule. Sometimes they're over at halftime.  LOL

For all of the football I've watched through the years, especially in West Texas; I've yet to see a 6-Man level game.  Gonna remedy that this season, with Happy, Groom, Motley County, or Springlake-Earth..

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

If LT beats Rockwall next week DFW might need to hit the panic button. 

Maybe someone will emerge, but through 2 weeks, none of the 6A DFW powers look all that great.

Allen got beat down by Atoscocita

SLC should have lost to Heath.

Desoto lost to Judson who just got rocked by LT.

Cedar Hill got handled by Rockwall, and didn’t look that impressive in a win against Arlington high.

Duncanville only beat SOC by 15 a week after that disaster against Mater Dei that probably never should have been played.

Shit is bleak.

Denton Guyer plays Atoscocita later, if they win that game, they will be the exception in the area. They held Denton Ryan to 7 points last night.

Okay, as weekly salute to @Ricky's one-hitter who has accused me of "sunshine-pumping" the Westlake Chaps, here is my second 100% sunshine-pumping-free review of last night's game vs Euliss Trinity.

Last night, at outdated, forlorn-looking Chaparral Stadium, the Westlake Chaps, who have only managed to win one game this season, faced off against a highly motivated #6-ranked Euliss Trinity. Led by their terrific RB/Athlete, Oklahoma State-bound Ollie Gordon and the heaviest offensive line I've ever seen, the Chaps were outmatched from the start. In a clever strategy, Euliss gave Westlake an inflated sense of confidence by building a game plan to take advantage of Gordon's many skills. Purposely running several unsuccessful possessions, Euliss had the Chaps right where they wanted them, and even spotted the Chaps a gimme TD on the game's opening possession. From then on, Westlake could do nothing right and tired themselves out while adding meaningless scores. As the half ended, a clearly confused and frustrated Chaps trudged wearingly to the locker with the teams tied, 27-0. 

The second half began as it left off, with the Chaps adding another pointless TD as the fans grew more and more restless. Finally, with Westlake nursing a 34-0 advantage, Euliss unleashed the trap and hit the Chaps hard, scoring on a long run by Gordon. (which joking aside, was fairly amazing) From them on, fans familiar with Trinity's powerful game, watched them dominate the Chaps, who could only hold on for dear life. The rout was on, as Westlake, who had given up on being able to contain the mighty Trojans, removed their starters and replaced them with 2nd and 3rd stringers to see if this could make a difference. However, it was to no avail, as Euliss scored again with 2 minutes left in the contest to close the comeback, 34-14. 

While the Chaps again barely prevailed, they will have to regroup if they want to salvage what is left of this so-far disastrous season. 

topgunstillks5235.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Maybe someone will emerge, but through 2 weeks, none of the 6A DFW powers look all that great.

Allen got beat down by Atoscocita

SLC should have lost to Heath.

Desoto lost to Judson who just got rocked by LT.

Cedar Hill got handled by Rockwall, and didn’t look that impressive in a win against Arlington high.

Duncanville only beat SOC by 15 a week after that disaster against Mater Dei that probably never should have been played.

Shit is bleak.

Denton Guyer plays Atoscocita later, if they win that game, they will be the exception in the area. They held Denton Ryan to 7 points last night.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It’s hard to recruit during a pandemic when you can’t get out to see as many players.

I care a lot less about the 6A schools than I used to. The recruiting is ridiculous.  Lots of shenanigans.

It's not what high school football should be.  save that shit for the semi pros... AKA college.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I care a lot less about the 6A schools than I used to. The recruiting is ridiculous.  Lots of shenanigans.

It's not what high school football should be.  save that shit for the semi pros... AKA college.

Pretty much every big program does it. That can of worms is all the way open unfortunately.

And the UIL is very similar to the NCAA in that they’re much more likely to go after the small schools and leave the big programs alone.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:43 AM, msucolt45 said:

I officiated a game far SW of San Antonio tonight. A little cloud cover helped keep the temps lower than expected. We also had a consistent breeze from 10-15 mph that was appreciated, since you are sweating just observing pre-game warm ups/action.

Home team won big. I can’t really be more specific because social medial interactions are frowned upon. Both teams were great participants and with the large scoring margin, that’s when the unnecessary flags come out! The outcome was “obvious” by the end of the 1st Qtr, but both teams acted appropriately.

Best of luck to all TXHS football teams during the remainder of their seasons. So far, two weeks into it, the game atmosphere has been so much better than last year. I still have a soft spot in my heart for those players that were Seniors last year, playing in limited capacity stadiums.

Thanks for doing that. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Top games this week:

LT @ Rockwall

North Shore @ Westfield

Midland Legacy (nee Lee) @ Arlington Martin

Round Rock @ CP

Cedar Hill @ Allen

Katy @ Dickinson

Canyon @ NB

Ennis @ Waxahachie

George Ranch @ Dawson

Bridgeland @ TWHS

Liberty Hill @ Georgetown

LaVega @ Austin LBJ

Celina @ Argyle

CC Miller @ Sinton

Lampassas @ Wimberley

Paris @ Pleasant Grove

Franklin @ Yoe

Cuero @ Yoakum

Albany @ Hamlin

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Regents 55 Connally 0

I know Regents is the best ins TAPPs but isn't Connally a 5A team?

Holy crap.  Couldn't believe this score. 

Wow. Austin High has been decent as of late and edged Connally in week 1 23-21. 

That is definitely a crazy score. What are the class sizes at Regents?

• Hook 'Em 1