2021 Texas HS football

Top games this week:

Rockwall @ Tyler Legacy (nee Lee)

Rockwall 57-28

SA Taft-Brennan  Hey, they're both undefeated!

Brennan 42-28

Rudder @ Montgomery

Montgomery 38-13

Bowie @ Westlake  Hey, they're both undefeated!

Chaps 35-0

Jeevsie Special: Plano West-East

East 31-14

SA Marshall-Holmes

Tomorrow

Helobious Special: Harlingen South @ San Benito

South 28-21

Longview @ HP

Scots 21-16

Tascosa-Amarillo

Tascosa 34-22

Derka Special: Pflugerville @ Manor

Mustangs 45-12

Nederland @ Texas City  Hey, they're both undefeated!

Stingers 14-2

Double Helobious Special: McAllen @ Weslaco East

McAllen 21-14

Stephenville @ La Vega

Stephenville 35-7.  Wow.

Chad Brisco Special: Pampa @ Big Spring

Harvesters 58-7.  Chad furiously rubs Rudy's bird.

Geronimo Navarro @ Manor New Tech

Panthers 69-0

Silsbee @ WOS

WOS 45-20

Mount Vernon @ Mineola

MV 49-7

Aubrey @ Celina

Bobcats 49-14

Chilton @ Mart

Mart 56-6 in what was supposed to be their biggest challenge.

Other scores of note: 

San Marcos 62 Hays 49

LT 63 Austin 3

CC Miller 48 Alice 44

Cuero 56 LaGrange 21

Sinton 61 Previously undefeated Port Isabel 6

Wimberley 77 SA YMLA 7

Ralls 68 Hamlin 0  

Gruver 28 Vega 27

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

My undefeated Panthers were no match for @Helobious's mighty Cardinals tonight. 52-17 #6 Harlingen over #8 Weslaco.

In other RGV sports, a battle of the unbeatens sees #4 Harlingen South continue their dream season with a 28-21 win over #3 San Benito.

I watched the first half on RSL youtube. The Cards rushing attack was just too much for y’all. You have a young team though, they should be a force next year. Your QB definitely reminded me of Cavazos, can make plays with his feet he just has to protect the ball. 

Sorry for the delay. Here's your non-sunshine-pumping review of Westlake's "win" over Bowie. Unable to play on a level playing field with a clearly superior Bowie squad, Westlake played the old, "hurt QB sympathy card" trick. Much like a sprinter who is realizing he is losing to a bitter rival and fakes a cramp, Coach Dodge instructed Klubnick to fake an injury. In a performance that would have made a Premiership red-card-seeking player proud, the QB laid on the turf holding one knee, and then the other. So later, when he emerged from the locker room with his shoulder wrapped in ice, we knew the fix was in. 

Without Klubnick to lead the attack, Westlake leaned heavily on their all-district ref team to make up the for loss of offensive production. After a 30-minute delay while the refs huddled with Coach Dodge, several of Bowies scores were "restored" to Westlake, which accounted for the strange 35-0 final score. Suspiciously, the Chaps had scheduled a bye for next week, and then are following that game up with a hastily scheduled "make-good game" with Akins. The Chaps season of dissent has certainly taken a strange turn. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1

Here's what the DCTF Computer currently projects as the Texas high school football state championship matchups:

6A DI

Southlake Carroll vs. Galena Park North Shore

6A DII

Spring Westfield vs. Austin Westlake

5A DI

College Station vs. Manvel

5A DII

Lovejoy vs. Fort Bend Marshall

4A DI

Melissa vs. El Campo

4A DII

Celina vs. Carthage

3A DI

Brock vs. Lorena

3A DII

Gunter vs. Franklin

2A DI

Refugio vs. New Deal

2A DII

Muenster vs. Mart

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Here's what the DCTF Computer currently projects as the Texas high school football state championship matchups:

6A DI

6A DII

5A DI

5A DII

4A DI

Melissa vs. El Campo

4A DII

Celina vs. Carthage

3A DI

Brock vs. Lorena

3A DII

Gunter vs. Franklin

2A DI

Refugio vs. New Deal

2A DII

Muenster vs. Mart

El Campo lol 

6A DI

6A DII

5A DI

5A DII

4A DI

Melissa vs. El Campo

4A DII

Celina vs. Carthage

3A DI

Brock vs. Lorena

3A DII

Gunter vs. Franklin

2A DI

Refugio vs. New Deal

2A DII

Muenster vs. Mart

The "A Team" in Aledo is not going to like this.

Yea and El Campo is not going to make it either.

53 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The "A Team" in Aledo is not going to like this.

Yea and El Campo is not going to make it either.

The computer fails to take into account that Aledo can again improve from here on out by picking up transfers from California to strengthen key positions.  FTR, Maxpreps has Aledo #1 in 5AD2, just barely ahead of Lovejoy.  

And I don't know why two of you are so down on El Campo.  I'm not one to bet on one-dimensional Wing-T  teams, but they lost in the region finals last season and have nearly everyone back.  It's not a stretch to predict them to go two rounds deeper.  I think picking Melissa to make it to Jerryworld is a far nuttier pick.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I am so hoping Refugio and Shiner meet in their Region Final.

Muenster plays Windthorst this week in District play.  That'll give some indication if Muenster has stepped forward- they only lost 18-7 at Trojan Field last year.

As for Muenster's road to Jerryworld, the Hornets would possibly have to beat Windthorst to get out of RII and then most likely fave Wellington or Stratford. They are good, and they had that huge upset of Hamlin last year in the POs.  We'll see...

I actually picked Muenster to beat WHS 20-19 this week.   Beating Windy in the POs is another story.

Games of the week:

Allen @ Guyer

Houston King @ Atascocita

Bridgeland @ Cypress Park

Cedar Hill @ DeSoto

Helobious Special!  Harlingen @ San Benito

Foster @ Manvel

Summit @ Colleyville Heritage

Wakeland-Lone Star

Montgomery @ A&M Consol

Denison @ Frisco

Cooper @ Rider

Texas City @ Crosby

Nueces RR Special!  CC Miller @ Calallen

Ingleside @ R-F

Jasper @ Carthage

WOS @ Orangefield

SA YMLA @ Austin Achieve

Jim Ned @ Wall

Slorch Special #1! Idalou @ Abernathy

Childress @ Friona

Mason @ Harper

Slorch Special #2!! Windthorst @ Muenster

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The computer fails to take into account that Aledo can again improve from here on out by picking up transfers from California to strengthen key positions.  FTR, Maxpreps has Aledo #1 in 5AD2, just barely ahead of Lovejoy.  

And I don't know why two of you are so down on El Campo.  I'm not one to bet on one-dimensional Wing-T  teams, but they lost in the region finals last season and have nearly everyone back.  It's not a stretch to predict them to go two rounds deeper.  I think picking Melissa to make it to Jerryworld is a far nuttier pick.  

If Calallen meets El Campo in the Semis, it will be the fastest game ever....  Wing T vs Wing T.  

I'd be interested in you gentlemen's answers, too.  I haven't seen El Campo this year but I saw them several times last year and they did return a lot of players.

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Games of the week:

Allen @ Guyer

Cedar Hill @ DeSoto

Foster @ Manvel

Wakeland-Lone Star

Montgomery @ A&M Consol

Denison @ Frisco

Cooper @ Rider

Texas City @ Crosby

Ingleside @ R-F

Jasper @ Carthage

WOS @ Orangefield

SA YMLA @ Austin Achieve

Jim Ned @ Wall

Childress @ Friona

Mason @ Harper

All I need is for a greyhound alum to throw out the first pitch of the ALCS on Friday to a sooner catcher, with Big Papi on color commentary & it would be the Sistine Chapel of Helo sports world hatred.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

All I need is for a greyhound alum to throw out the first pitch of the ALCS on Friday to a sooner catcher, with Big Papi on color commentary & it would be the Sistine Chapel of Helo sports world hatred.

Freddy died like 15 years ago, so I doubt the greyhound alum thing is going to come to pass.

Problems at Guyer:

Guyer students plan walkout Friday in wake of alleged sexual assault, accuse Denton ISD of negligence

More than 1,000 students are expected to stage a walkout at Guyer High School on Friday morning to protest what some parents are calling a culture of sexual harassment, coercion and aggression against female students in Denton ISD middle and high schools.

The protest has been sparked by allegations of a sexual assault that happened on the Guyer campus last week.

On Oct. 7, the Denton Police Department received a report of a sexual assault involving two Guyer High students.

Allison Beckwith, a spokesperson for the police, said the department believes the alleged assault happened on the Guyer campus on Oct. 6. The accuser, a 15-year-old girl, was taken to a hospital, and the boy she’s accusing of sexually assaulting her is 17.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

Games of the week:

Allen @ Guyer

Cedar Hill @ DeSoto

Foster @ Manvel

Wakeland-Lone Star

Montgomery @ A&M Consol

Denison @ Frisco

Cooper @ Rider

Texas City @ Crosby

Ingleside @ R-F

Jasper @ Carthage

WOS @ Orangefield

SA YMLA @ Austin Achieve

Jim Ned @ Wall

Childress @ Friona

Mason @ Harper

there are 3 slorchys this week, all undefeated, but facing their biggest challenge of the season:

Rider vs Lbk Cooper

Abernathy vs Idalou

Windthorst @ Muenster

still considering going to the Abernathy game... it's gonna be a beautiful night for football on the South Plains.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:44 AM, Helobious said:

Battle of the Arroyo hate is the best hate. And yeah, they have the best water tower and I hate them for making me say that. 

Harlingen wins BOTA, 17-0. Special shout out to senior card WR I. Perales. He moved to RB as a sophomore because the team was thin there. Tore his ACL last year as a JR in the first game, worked his ass off to come back this year, and moved back to WR because the team is thin there. Knowing that with the run-heavy offense he’d hardly get the ball. He caught a 45 yd TD tonight in his last rivalry game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Calallen was beating CC Miller 35-13 with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter until the mother of all thunderstorms blew in with the front.   2 hour delay and decided to pick it up tomorrow.   Good chance we wouldn’t be able to resume until after midnight. 

Damn, what happened to Miller's badass offense?

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Harlingen wins BOTA, 17-0. Special shout out to senior card WR I. Perales. He moved to RB as a sophomore because the team was thin there. Tore his ACL last year as a JR in the first game, worked his ass off to come back this year, and moved back to WR because the team is thin there. Knowing that with the run-heavy offense he’d hardly get the ball. He caught a 45 yd TD tonight in his last rivalry game. 

Valley kids have a lot of heart.  I bet the football culture is great down there.

Games of the week:

Allen @ Guyer

Allen 38-31

Tomorrow

CP 35-13.  I assume Weigmann is still hurt?

Cedar Hill @ DeSoto

Eagles 45-0

Cards 17-0

Foster @ Manvel

Manvel 48-14

CH 35-34

Wakeland-Lone Star

LS 33-3

Montgomery @ A&M Consol

Montgomery 35-28

Denison @ Frisco

Always the Coons to me 28-14

Cooper @ Rider

Cooper 20-12  They'll meet again in the playoffs.

Texas City @ Crosby

Crosby 57-28

See Nueces' post above

Ingleside @ R-F

R-F 49-14

Jasper @ Carthage

Carthage 28=0

WOS @ Orangefield

WOS 27-7, still playing

SA YMLA @ Austin Achieve

YMLA 63-7!!!