2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

South has a really talented group of seniors, but they struggled the prior 3 years under the old coach. 1st year coach this year has unleashed their potential. That said they get along by running the ball, are uncreative on offense & they really can’t pass. Their defense is good & quick, but I don’t think South has the athletes to hang with SA Marshall. Should be a close game but Marshall will win. 

Don’t overlook SA Johnson in the 2nd round though. They have a good RB & 2 legit D1 track stars at WR in Cannon Fairley and Alejandro Tavarez. Chaps should win but those 2 guys could be giving you headaches.

Thanks for the info. Yes, Johnson looks like they have some good offensive players but their defense doesn't look like anything special. They've been in a lot of shootouts this year. 

Last year it was in houston against North Shore, so I would think this year would be in Austin. 2 years ago was in Waco. I think they agree the week before and if they can't agree they flip a coin and winner gets to choose, but I heard something on the radio about alternating regions hosting so who the fuck knows.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:35 PM, WinningIsHard said:

Any chance we are working on flipping Klubnik? 

I watched Pleasanton v La Vernia tonight and it was a fun game to watch. Pleasanton ended up winning 24-20 on a 30 something yard TD run with a minute left after their starting QB got a concussion and didn’t play the second half. I like 4A because these kids mostly are playing for the love of football. 

That's my hometown Eagles!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That's my hometown Eagles!

Nice! They have a WR by the name of Diego Luna that is fun to watch man. Kid gives everything he has. There’s a pollack LB too that’s real animated and a damn good little football player. My daughter is a cheerleader (no pics you filthy animals) 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Nice! They have a WR by the name of Diego Luna that is fun to watch man. Kid gives everything he has. There’s a pollack LB too that’s real animated and a damn good little football player. My daughter is a cheerleader (no pics you filthy animals) 

I like him in Rogue One

rogue one stormtroopers GIF by Star Wars

and loved him in Narcos Mexico

diego luna mexico GIF by NETFLIX

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:11 PM, TreatyOak said:

Here's your 100% true, 100% sunshine-pumping free review of the Lake Travis Westlake clash.

The MILF bowl was everything we hoped it could be, as the stands abounded in talent. Things started out great, as @Beau Vine @Wally Pryor and me vaped under the stands with three drunk Westlake moms. Just as things were looking good, we mistakenly mention that we support mask-wearing in schools, which pissed off the moms, who ditched us. They must have called security on us, cause two burly, heavily-armed deputy sheriffs came over and kicked us out. 

Feeling dejected, we headed over to the practice fields, where we located a six-pack of Natty Lites and partied. The evening felt like a fail, but just as we decided to head home, we got a text from @Fletch and @blacklab who had met up with @Longhorn94 on the Lake Travis side. Turns out they were hanging with some Lake Travis moms who've just moved here from Orange County, CA. They looked awesome in their brand-new cowboy boots but they were wearing their brand-new cowboy hats backwards. They were doing their best to drop y'all into every sentence, which was a little embarrassing, but charming. Still, they made up for it by sharing their medicinal marijuana and we thought we were going to finally get lucky. 

Alas, it was not to be. By then, the game had snowballed into a 63-21 mismatch and the Lake Travis stands were emptying out and the ladies started getting texts from their angry, tech-industry husbands. The angry husbands pull up in their Teslas, and Fletch makes fun of their $450 jeans. Next thing you know, we find ourselves in a pretty tame shoving match, which was more show than action. They start shouting that they are going to sue us. Just as thing start to get good, the police show up, so our little soirée was broken up prematurely. By now, our buzz had worn off and we were all feeling heavy-headed so we all crashed in a giant heap on @phdhorn's floor. 

All-in-all, it turned out to be a pretty fun evening. Next up: the epic playoff game with the mighty 5-5 Hutto Hippos. 

I forgot to mention that @Ricky's one-hitter broke off from us and hooked up with a Westlake mom. While he was sleeping, she rang up a $3,500 charge at Nordstom's on his AMEX card. He is pissed.   

I realize that I left out a key part of the story. When we got back to Lakeway, @Fletch and me headed over to the Grove on HWY 620, since @Wally Pryor and @UDontKnow had texted us that the bar was overflowing with Cougars. Walking in, we soon found ourselves having a great chat with two cute ladies who had just moved here from Santa Monica.

Things were going really well and I had my hopes up, when I noticed one of the two ladies looking very thoughtfully at the both of us. Finally, she asked why the two of us were hanging out, as there was obviously a very large age discrepancy between us. I explained to her we had met through a popular online forum called SurlyHorns where men go to post messages to other men about their interests, sports and other stuff. And, if they get along, they meet up to watch sports, have dinner and attend parties and have fun hanging out together. Being from Santa Monica, she gave me that, "oh, I now I understand and I support your choices," look, and moved on.

Needless to say, the damage could not be undone and like the long-awaited matchup for the district crown, the evening ended in final disappointment. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

I realize that I left out a key part of the story. When we got back to Lakeway, @Fletch and me headed over to the Grove on HWY 620, since @Wally Pryor and @UDontKnow had texted us that the bar was overflowing with Cougars. Walking in, we soon found ourselves having a great chat with two cute ladies who had just moved here from Santa Monica.

Things were going really well and I had my hopes up, when I noticed one of the two ladies looking very thoughtfully at the both of us. Finally, she asked why the two of us were hanging out, as there was obviously a very large age discrepancy between us. I explained to her we had met through a popular online forum called SurlyHorns where men go to post messages to other men about their interests, sports and other stuff. And, if they get along, they meet up to watch sports, have dinner and attend parties and have fun hanging out together. Being from Santa Monica, she gave me that, "oh, I now I understand and I support your choices," look, and moved on.

Needless to say, the damage could not be undone and like the long-awaited matchup for the district crown, the evening ended in final disappointment. 

Yeah @blacklab kept fucking us over again and again by telling them that these are his internet friends 

• Hook 'Em 1

So my nephew is leading the state with 100 receptions and over 1000 yards.  Next closest has 80 receptions.  He’s also the punter, kick & punt returner and plays safety.  They have really struggled with getting everyone on the same page or those numbers could be much higher.  Two games ago he had two TDs called back because of penalties for example.  They play Salado in the first round this weekend. Should be a great game.  When they played Carthage their coach said they wouldn’t do anything different to defend my nephew but after 80 yards in the 1st half they double and triple teamed him in the second half.  He’s been getting double teamed most of the year. OK, brag time is over.  

B8F06A18-E45D-48B0-A001-284CC18AB15C.jpeg.163e8158ccc58c517be5c8b6c80794d0.jpeg

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually hate the first round of the playoffs, because at every level below 6A, they've split into D1 and D2 ahead of time, and you end up with a bunch of complete mismatches in the 1-4 game, so my best games of the week list has a bunch of games that aren't that great:

6AD1

McKinney Boyd @ Lewisville  Teams are a combined 17-3, with Boyd's only losses to Allen and Guyer.

Spring @ The Woodlands  Another 17-3 pairing with losses to Katy, Westfield, and Bridgeland

Desoto @ Harker Heights  Desoto out in the first round?  Could happen.

Bowie @ Round Rock

6AD2

Prosper @ Marcus  Two sleepers in a fairly barren 6AD2R1 bracket.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the winner of this meet Guyer in a couple of weeks for the region title.

Dawson @ Clear Falls

Helobious SPESHUL!!1!  PSJA North @ Harlingen South  

And here comes the dogshit:

5AD1

Magnolia @ Longview  Two 7-3 teams that have really underachieved.

Cedar Park @ Buda Johnson  CP is only 5-5, so everyone had better get their licks in this season while they can.

5AD2

Region 1 is the shittiest bracket I have ever seen.  Cooper-Rider are almost guaranteed to meet in the final for at least the 4th straight season.

Royse City @ Frisco

Denison @ Ennis

4AD1

Canyon-Springtown in Childress

Kilgore-Hargrave in Crockett

4AD2

Salado-Rusk in Desoto

Helobious SPESHUL #2!  SA YMLA @ Cuero

Smithville-Navarro, no idea why they're playing in Taylor

3AD1

Pilot Point-Early in Saginaw

Brock-Wall in Clyde  Wall is really down this year, so this is on the list mainly because of name recognition

Hallettsville-Yoe in Brenham   See Wall comment and sub in "Yoe"

Coldspring-Anahuac in Porter

3AD2

Abernathy-Friona in Muleshoe

Canadian-Idalou in Canyon  Canadian has not had a 3-loss regular season since 2011 and haven't lost in the first round since before 2004.  That could happen here.

East Bernard-Lexington in Cuero

2AD1

Nothing but mismatches

2AD2

Wellington-Vega in Canyon  Wellington had a down year and is ripe for a rare first-round loss.  Vega might be favored in this.

Santo-Petrolia in Graham  Two good teams in tough districts -- combined 3 losses to Muenster, Windthorst, and Albany

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, stork642 said:

So my nephew is leading the state with 100 receptions and over 1000 yards.  Next closest has 80 receptions.  He’s also the punter, kick & punt returner and plays safety.  They have really struggled with getting everyone on the same page or those numbers could be much higher.  Two games ago he had two TDs called back because of penalties for example.  They play Salado in the first round this weekend. Should be a great game.  When they played Carthage their coach said they wouldn’t do anything different to defend my nephew but after 80 yards in the 1st half they double and triple teamed him in the second half.  He’s been getting double teamed most of the year. OK, brag time is over.  

B8F06A18-E45D-48B0-A001-284CC18AB15C.jpeg.163e8158ccc58c517be5c8b6c80794d0.jpeg

Very cool. Congrats!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I actually hate the first round of the playoffs, because at every level below 6A, they've split into D1 and D2 ahead of time, and you end up with a bunch of complete

4AD1

Snyder, not Childress. Would have been a good game but Springtown without 3 starters. Even with those 3 I would still expect them to lose, but I imagine things get ugly quick as Springtown lacks depth

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I actually hate the first round of the playoffs, because at every level below 6A, they've split into D1 and D2 ahead of time, and you end up with a bunch of complete mismatches in the 1-4 game, so my best games of the week list has a bunch of games that aren't that great:

6AD1

McKinney Boyd @ Lewisville  Teams are a combined 17-3, with Boyd's only losses to Allen and Guyer.

Spring @ The Woodlands  Another 17-3 pairing with losses to Katy, Westfield, and Bridgeland

Desoto @ Harker Heights  Desoto out in the first round?  Could happen.

Bowie @ Round Rock

6AD2

Prosper @ Marcus  Two sleepers in a fairly barren 6AD2R1 bracket.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the winner of this meet Guyer in a couple of weeks for the region title.

Dawson @ Clear Falls

Helobious SPESHUL!!1!  PSJA North @ Harlingen South  

And here comes the dogshit:

5AD1

Magnolia @ Longview  Two 7-3 teams that have really underachieved.

Cedar Park @ Buda Johnson  CP is only 5-5, so everyone had better get their licks in this season while they can.

5AD2

Region 1 is the shittiest bracket I have ever seen.  Cooper-Rider are almost guaranteed to meet in the final for at least the 4th straight season.

Royse City @ Frisco

Denison @ Ennis

4AD1

Kilgore-Hargrave in Crockett

4AD2

Salado-Rusk in Desoto

Helobious SPESHUL #2!  SA YMLA @ Cuero

Smithville-Navarro, no idea why they're playing in Taylor

3AD1

Pilot Point-Early in Saginaw

Brock-Wall in Clyde  Wall is really down this year, so this is on the list mainly because of name recognition

Hallettsville-Yoe in Brenham   See Wall comment and sub in "Yoe"

Coldspring-Anahuac in Porter

3AD2

Abernathy-Friona in Muleshoe

Canadian-Idalou in Canyon  Canadian has not had a 3-loss regular season since 2011 and haven't lost in the first round since before 2004.  That could happen here.

East Bernard-Lexington in Cuero

2AD1

Nothing but mismatches

2AD2

Wellington-Vega in Canyon  Wellington had a down year and is ripe for a rare first-round loss.  Vega might be favored in this.

Santo-Petrolia in Graham  Two good teams in tough districts -- combined 3 losses to Muenster, Windthorst, and Albany

Some of those districts only have 5 or 6 teams and 4 make it...there may even be a couple with 4 so you can be winless and make the playoffs

Luigi Cristiano is about to break Kai Money’s single season passing yardage & TD record at Brownsville St Joe. He’s 3rd in my All-Name RGV standings behind MarkoPolo Cavazos at Mission Vets & Carlos Mossboss at South. 

Some years back there was a kid at Port Lavaca named Xavier Archangel. Still the coolest name I’ve ever heard /csb

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Luigi Cristiano is about to break Kai Money’s single season passing yardage & TD record at Brownsville St Joe. He’s 3rd in my All-Name RGV standings behind MarkoPolo Cavazos at Mission Vets & Carlos Mossboss at South. 

Some years back there was a kid at Port Lavaca named Xavier Archangel. Still the coolest name I’ve ever heard /csb

Will he be the next great Texas WR?

The most hyped player in my memory from the valley that I can remember is Mishak Rivas.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

Wellington will beat Vega by 20+.

The Sky Rockets looked shaky early on in the season, but they most definitely found their stride during District- hey sometimes when a shooter's off, hitting free throws and layups can get them back right.  IMHO, they are most definitely a factor in R1.

The Texas HS Football playoffs start tonight! This season went by so fast and seems like we were doing pre-season scrimmages about a month ago.

For half of the teams going forward, their season will come to an end each weekend, until the culmination in Jerry World. For most of the Seniors, it’ll be their last time playing football. What cherished lifetime memories these guys and gals have experienced.

Best of luck to all as these few precious weeks go by. Congratulations on a great season to all the players, coaches, bands, cheer squads, and their families. It truly takes a group effort to make it this far.

My crew is officiating a game tomorrow and the playoffs put a little more “pep” in our steps and excitement for the kids. Hopefully most of the games will be well attended and provide a great atmosphere for TXHS Football. It doesn’t get any better than this!

Hook’em !!!

• Hook 'Em 7

An absolute ton of blowouts tonight -- scores like 77-0, 67-6, 73-20, 64-6, 73-20, etc.

Interesting results:

Arlington Martin trailed most of the first half but rallied to beat Nimitz 35-20.  

Vela and San Benito actually played defense -- Vela stayed unbeaten 17-7.

Rumors of Desoto's demise were exaggerated -- they beat Harker Heights 65-28.

Helobious's boys SA YMLA lost 62-7 to Cuero.

Upset in 6AD1R1 bracket, which was already shitty -- Boswell 40, Eaton 37

Pleasant Grove 49 Canton 21

Monahans upset Estacado 31-28

Brock 40 Wall 6.  Ouch, Hawks.

Hallettsville rallied to top Yoe 42-38.

I went to Wimberley-Navasota.  The Texans played about as flawlessly as a high school team can and won 56-0.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

An absolute ton of blowouts tonight -- scores like 77-0, 67-6, 73-20, 64-6, 73-20, etc.

Interesting results:

Arlington Martin trailed most of the first half but rallied to beat Nimitz 35-20.  

Vela and San Benito actually played defense -- Vela stayed unbeaten 17-7.

Rumors of Desoto's demise were exaggerated -- they beat Harker Heights 65-28.

Helobious's boys SA YMLA lost 62-7 to Cuero.

Upset in 6AD1R1 bracket, which was already shitty -- Boswell 40, Eaton 37

Pleasant Grove 49 Canton 21

Monahans upset Estacado 31-28

Brock 40 Wall 6.  Ouch, Hawks.

Hallettsville rallied to top Yoe 42-38.

I went to Wimberley-Navasota.  The Texans played about as flawlessly as a high school team can and won 56-0.

Vela should be clicking way better on O than what they are. Taft is a beatable team but I think Vela is going to step on their own dicks again like they always do. 

McMemorial may have to carry the torch for us this year. If they can beat CC Vets & Flour Bluff they’ll fuck around and make the state semis. 5A D1 in region 4 is a joke. 

YMLA had a lot to build on this year and should be a force next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shit, I missed the biggest upset of the night:

Stanton 39, #3 3AD2 Childress 34

First playoff win since 2010 for Stanton, who came in 4-6.  They are in probably the toughest district in West Texas with Abernathy, Idalou, and Lubbock Roosevelt.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, markstanco said:

Texarkana Texas High over Fulshear in 5aD2 42-14.

I can honestly say I have never heard of this school. Maybe it’s a new school in a growing district.

Fulshear is a Lamar Consolidated ISD school, been open about 5 years. It is located on 1093 (Westpark Tollway) a little west of 99. This has got to be close to a record for distance between 5A schools for a first round game, about 320 miles

56 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fulshear is a Lamar Consolidated ISD school, been open about 5 years. It is located on 1093 (Westpark Tollway) a little west of 99. This has got to be close to a record for distance between 5A schools for a first round game, about 320 miles

It was noted on the chat this morning that they would get home around 4:30A this morning.  Poor kids. 

• Like 1

I have zero sympathy. 444 Miles from Abilene to El Paso because those assmunchers knew they were in for a whoopin so they wouldn’t agree to a neutral site. Coach Warren finally got tired of their bullshit and put our “home” as Kangaroo Stadium in Weatherford. Fuckers agreed to Grande in Midland real quick. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I missed the biggest upset of the night:

Stanton 39, #3 3AD2 Childress 34

First playoff win since 2010 for Stanton, who came in 4-6.  They are in probably the toughest district in West Texas with Abernathy, Idalou, and Lubbock Roosevelt.

That was most definitely a big surprise.  Stanton didn't really put up a fight against any of those Big 3 in their District.  BOOM!!!  they showed up when it counted.

eh-hem.  Those Sky Rockets cruised past Vega, 38-7.  I'll agree early on in the season, they did not look like a Final Four team from 2020 with most of the skill positions returning.  I believe they had many Covid absences and just got back to full strength during District play.  They will not be an easy out for anyone.

In case you were wondering, and I know you are( LOL,)  Windthorst and Archer City will face off in Iowa Park on Thursday for their Area Round tilt.  They did not play in the reg season because AC had to cancel due to Covid.  Go Blue!!!

It’s early but potential for utter chaos across south Texas. Port Isabel up on the undefeated Beau Vine slayers at Carrizo Springs 16-8 at halftime. Laredo United South up on SA Harlan 14-13 at halftime. Mercedes hanging tough with Boerne Champion 28-23 in the 3rd. New Braunfels up on SA Johnson 34-20 in the 3rd, stunning if that holds. SA Reagan barely up on SA East Central 7-6 in the 3rd.

Harlingen South is 10-0 for the first time in 14 years, naturally they’re staring a 1st round exit in the face down 34-20 in the 3rd to PSJA North. 

The fucking Eagle Pass Eagles are up on SA Marshall 42-28 in the 3rd. That might be the biggest upset in the state tonight if that holds.

• Like 1