2021 PGA Championship

Wally Fairway

Just now, longhornmatt said:

He hit the longest drive of the tournament with 366 on 16, and his drive on 18 was 340+.   I was shocked that he could still blast it as far or further than Koepka.   He’s on the Tom Brady regimen or something.

Well he did partner with Brady last year against Manning and Tiger for that celebrity golf thing. Hmmmm

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He hit the longest drive of the tournament with 366 on 16, and his drive on 18 was 340+.   I was shocked that he could still blast it as far or further than Koepka.   He’s on the Tom Brady regimen or something.

He truly is, check out what he puts in his coffee. This wasn't some fluke, got lucky and on a hot streak win. He earned it. 

So glad that he won, was great to be out on the course and watch him continue to rip his drives all weekend. 

i followed spieth all day Thursday and it doesn’t seem like he has it back mentally .

2B3662F6-48F1-4392-8C11-45AE01F89A3C.jpeg

AE94AE9C-6480-4042-A182-1055BBCE0286.jpeg

8EFB26D5-3D94-4576-915C-9EDB337A1550.jpeg

830B905E-723D-4345-B724-F5D03347B2DE.jpeg

Edited by Walte464
Pics
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Walte464 said:

So glad that he won, was great to be out on the course and watch him continue to rip his drives all weekend. 

i followed spieth all day Thursday and it doesn’t seem like he has it back mentally .

Phil at 50 driving 360 down the middle and Spieth's a mental midget trying to hit it 300

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

I followed spieth all day Thursday and it doesn’t seem like he has it back mentally .

2B3662F6-48F1-4392-8C11-45AE01F89A3C.jpeg

Yeah Spieth really struggled with seeing his lines on putting on this course -- lots of doubts over the ball, and possibly a little off on his alignment.

Spieth is hitting ball better off the tee than last year though.  For whatever reason today Jordan ended up with several approach shots where he was in between clubs and he really struggled to commit on some important swings.  Also, his slow start today seemed to really frustrate him,  resulting in 3 bogeys in the first 5 holes on the back 9.

Agree that Spieth is still not back 100% mentally, but prior to today's final round he had decent tee to green stats in this PGA compared to the field -- Jordan just really sucked putting in this tournament.

Crazy thing... Spieth still ended up T30 in this PGA even as poorly as he putted...

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How the fuck is Daly able to continuously get more cartoonish?  You think there’s nowhere left to go, but then you see him at the next pga. 

This is from a distance across the 16th green but Daly drove a cart this weekend and made his caddy walk with the clubs. Drove the cart like a maniac all over the course and fringe of the greens. He hit his tee shot  on 11th and got in his cart to drive 10 feet to a porta potty. He was a clown show out there.

DE1DC2DE-F851-4A0D-8327-D4576A6C9A38.jpeg

Brooks Koepka on PGA Championship Crowd: 'No One Gave a S--t' About Knee Injury 

a17aaf2f4a34f9784b055319b1fb969f

The crowd at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort formed around Phil Mickelson like bees to a hive Sunday at the No. 18 during the fourth round of his PGA Championship title, making for quite the scene.

Not everybody was thrilled with the situation, however.

"It would have been cool if I didn't have a knee injury and got dinged a few times in the knee in that crowd because no one gave a s--t, personally," Brooks Koepka, who was in the final pairing with Mickelson, told reporters. "But if I was fine, yeah, it would have been cool."

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/brooks-koepka-pga-championship-crowd-234939639.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

More...

But Koepka said he couldn’t enjoy that final walk up to the green at all.

“[I was] trying to protect my knee,” he said. “I don’t think anybody really understands until you’re coming out of surgery how — I mean, even when I was doing rehab there’s five people kind of standing by your knee, you get a little skittish.

“Like, I don’t mind waiting or being in a crowd but getting my — I don’t know, it felt like somebody tried to, I don’t know what the deal was, but it is what it is. [I’ll] be putting it in ice today. It feels like s**t right now.”

His caddie, Rickie, was bothered by the scene, too.

As for whether someone tried to intentionally hit him in the commotion or not, Koepka wasn’t willing to make a definitive accusation.

“I don't know, it got bumped a few times,” he said. “Somebody jammed Rickie, Rickie stopped unintentionally because he got drilled in the face, and then I got drilled in the bag because he got stopped so quickly. But I don't know what someone tried to or what, I don't know what the deal was. There were so many people around.”

why not just say my caddie and I got bumped and I wish they would have controlled the crowd a little better.  insinuating that people might have tried to do something intentionally is passive aggressive bullshit.

I didn't have much of an opinion about the guy but dude, you got beat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That scene after Phil hit his second shot on 18 was borderline dangerous.  It only takes one crazy person.  We’re not that far removed, in the grand scheme of things, from a tennis player being stabbed at a tournament.

after a year of no crowds they couldn't have been less prepared for what happened

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The crowd at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort formed around Phil Mickelson like bees to a hive Sunday at the No. 18 during the fourth round of his PGA Championship title, making for quite the scene.

"It would have been cool if I didn't have a knee injury and got dinged a few times in the knee in that crowd because no one gave a s--t, personally," Brooks Koepka, who was in the final pairing with Mickelson, told reporters. "But if I was fine, yeah, it would have been cool."

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/brooks-koepka-pga-championship-crowd-234939639.html

Take the loss pussy 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That scene after Phil hit his second shot on 18 was borderline dangerous.  It only takes one crazy person.  We’re not that far removed, in the grand scheme of things, from a tennis player being stabbed at a tournament.

they definitely didn't have enough security out there at first. what happened isn't unheard of.  there's video if it happening to Arnie and Jack.

thats what Koepka should be bitching about.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

they definitely didn't have enough security out there at first. what happened isn't unheard of.  there's video if it happening to Arnie and Jack.

thats what Koepka should be bitching about.

Happened when Tiger won the playoff, and my memory may be failing me here, but it’s telling me that there was some distance kept between the players and crowd.  It took Koepka 5 minutes to get to the green.

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I'm still puzzled why Surly isn't in love with this guy, though. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm still puzzled why Surly isn't in love with this guy, though. 

I like Keopka because he worked his ass off playing tours all over the fucking world trying to make it, I think he has a huge chip on his shoulder because of it though.

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I like Keopka because he worked his ass off playing tours all over the fucking world trying to make it, I think he has a huge chip on his shoulder because of it though.

That's fair. I mean, I'm kind of forced into being a Bryson fan so I don't have a lot of room to judge which golfers anyone here is into. 

35 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Some folks close to Tiger don't think he'll come back in a competitive way

I mean, I’m pretty sure that would be the general consensus. If he can ever walk without a limp I hope he plays at Augusta until he’s 65, but he was always on the record as saying he wasn’t going to be a ceremonial golfer. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

its pretty eerie how Arnie and Jack mirror Tiger and Phil

younger guy surpasses older guy

younger guy is thought of as revolutionary

older guy kind of becomes the "everyman/well liked/fan favorite"

similar major record

one won the Grand Slam - the other is/was one major short

This win really jumped Phil up.

• Hook 'Em 1