Douche or Not, Guy Fieri is Cashing In

Wally Pryor

You assholes are going to make me have to reconsider my opinion of him.  His schtick is like nails on a chalkboard for me.  I have always found him to be unwatchable.  Obviously I'm in the minority on this, but that is true regarding many popular opinions. 

• Fuck You 1

I think he's gotten less douchey on DDD over the years. Those earlier seasons he was trying real, real hard. He seems a little less phony now, just having a genuine good time with it. The pandemic shows where he is cooking with his son out by the pool with the chefs instructing via Zoom are entertaining.

I will say that it disgusts me to watch him stuff his face in the kitchens of these restaurants. Take that sloppy gravy-drenched pile out to the fucking dining room and eat it where you are supposed to, you frosted pig.

Edited by smuggs
  • Haha 3

I've been on the Guy Fieri train for a long time.  On shows like DDD and Guy's Grocery Games he gives small family-owned restaurants and young chefs massive publicity on a national scale, and in addition to pleasing your inner fat kid, you get to learn some cooking methods along the way.  Good for him. 

Big fan. By all accounts a great guy and does a ton for other people. His schtick is over the top, but its never really bothered me that much. Probably because I think he's genuinely excited about the people and food on DD&D. It also helps that those places and food are in my wheelhouse.

He's living life and having a lot of fun and doing a lot of good for others. Can't fault the man for that. He's the Steve Irwin of greasy, delicious food.

He was at some thing in SA some years back (Niosa at Fiesta maybe?) and just by chance I got to chat him up for about 5-10min.. while he was waiting on the crew to do something. He’s was a pretty easy dude to talk to and genuinely seemed to love meeting the people in his shows. Was really thoughtful of the venders and their employees. Hung out with a bunch of the Mexican cooks just bullshitting and you could tell they got a real kick out of that. 

Seemed like a real cool dude, honestly. 

that’s all I got

• Hook 'Em 3

I think the OP should have clarified his meaning of the word douche. 

Guy Fieri is not a douche. However, he does dress and style his hair/facial hair like a douche. 

It's an easy mistake to make. If I saw some guy dressed exactly like Guy Fieri walk into a restaurant I would assume one of the following : 

1) This is guy is douche 

2) This guy is from Dallas. 

3) This guy was a member of Rascal Flatts at some point. 

4) This guy might be Guy Fieri. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

DDD also suggested the Green Mesquite in Austin. BBQ is not their strong suit. Enough said. 

If I remember correctly the focus on that episode with GM was their chicken fried steak which was pretty good 20 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the OP should have clarified his meaning of the word douche. 

Guy Fieri is not a douche. However, he does dress and style his hair/facial hair like a douche. 

It's an easy mistake to make. If I saw some guy dressed exactly like Guy Fieri walk into a restaurant I would assume one of the following : 

1) This is guy is douche 

2) This guy is from Dallas. 

3) This guy was a member of Rascal Flatts at some point. 

4) This guy might be Guy Fieri. 

you must understand that is fucking confusing. It just is. Now that would be like me, Dave Chappelle, the comedian, walking down the street in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me saying, "Oh, thank God. Officer, help us! Come on. They're over here. Help us!" "Oh-hoh! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a police officer!" See what I mean? All right, ladies, fine. You are not a whore  douche. But you are wearing a whore's  douche's uniform.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I don't watch him, not fond of his shtick. But by all accounts, a very solid dude. As mentioned above: 

Guy Fieri Is Back Feeding Firefighters in California

Spoiler

As of today, CAL FIRE states that nearly 2,800 fire personnel have been assigned to the Glass Fire alone, so, clearly, all the meals they can get their hands on are helpful. “We’re making 3,800 meatballs,” Fieri proclaimed according to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. The paper explained that, in all, Fieri’s team boxed up about 2,000 meals of penne pasta, salad and garlic bread.

Fieri—who grew up in Northern California and owns properties in both Sonoma and Napa counties—has gotten plenty of experience cooking for firefighters over the past few years. The Press Democrat says the chef was last seen on the frontlines only about a month ago, serving grilled chicken, rice, and local veggies to emergency crews during the massive LNU Lightning Complex fires. But his history of providing food during wildfires goes back years—whether it was cooking barbecue for those affected by the Wine Country fires in 2017 or serving pulled pork to officers dealing with the Camp Fire in 2018. If trouble strikes and Fieri can get there, don’t be surprised to see him and his team on the scene.