Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, troph said:

Easier to hide among the strawmen if you ask me.

Let it go. You and a bunch of others were bitching a ton about not bringing in RISP early on and then we win 10-3 and as a result currently look like the best team in the country. You're being prodded so much because this game in particular really brought out people that haven't watched as much this season and don't really understand how this team makes it's money. When we are up 5-0 after 4 against literally any team in the country we should expect to win 98% of the time. That's what this team does.

• Hook 'Em 4

Guest Lobo

Early broadcast schedule still has us on LHN, FWIw. 

based On the gassed pitching of Fairfield and ASU, we ain’t playing on Monday.  

crAzy thing about Gainesville regional is USF holds the bracket now.  They win and we’re playing noon games on ESPNU on Friday and Saturday.  Miami comes from behind and it’s prime time Saturday-Monday on ESPN/2

20 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I would just like to mention that it’s really annoying to be sitting behind the poster child for why alcohol shouldn’t be sold in college stadiums

Were you in 108 by any chance?

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Let it go. You and a bunch of others were bitching a ton about not bringing in RISP early on and then we win 10-3 and as a result currently look like the best team in the country. You're being prodded so much because this game in particular really brought out people that haven't watched as much this season and don't really understand how this team makes it's money. When we are up 5-0 after 4 against literally any team in the country we should expect to win 98% of the time. That's what this team does.

Dude - I’ve agreed with the last 5-6 posts you’ve made on this.  And I agree with this one. At 5-0 I thought the game was over. At 0-0 to start the 4th I was concerned. Stop following me around like this people are going to start wondering about us.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Dude - I’ve agreed with the last 5-6 posts you’ve made on this.  And I agree with this one. At 5-0 I thought the game was over. At 0-0 to start the 4th I was concerned. Stop following me around like this people are going to start wondering about us.

I'm honestly pretty faded right now. No animosity I just can't think through a response. Hook 'em and let's get this 3rd one done and go fuck up the supers.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm honestly pretty faded right now. No animosity I just can't think through a response. Hook 'em and let's get this 3rd one done and go fuck up the supers.

I have all but quit drinking these days (had none tonight) so blame me, it’s probably my fault.

19 minutes ago, troph said:

Easier to hide among the strawmen if you ask me.

Troph I understand what you are getting at with RISP and our base running that had a negative impact on getting runs in. But each team has an identity and part of this team’s identity is that they suck at running bases and to a lesser degree with RISP. I say a lesser degree because we can be hot or cold with it. This team has gotten to here from their hitting, small ball(not so much of late), defense and pitching. So seeing what they did early in the game tonight was just another day for this team. It’s been that way since game 1 and it’ll probably be that way with their last game. That’s why acting up a storm in the third inning is kinda pointless because they’ve shown routinely that they will still find a way to win. I think their overall record and seeding shows that. And your right, Pierce will acknowledge it in his press conference like he’s done all year long but this team still won’t change. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The supers are just like … right over there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there some arcane rule that says you automatically advance to the supers if you score double digits in your first two games?

You hardcore college baseball guys can confirm that rule, right?

17 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Troph I understand what you are getting at with RISP and our base running that had a negative impact on getting runs in. But each team has an identity and part of this team’s identity is that they suck at running bases and to a lesser degree with RISP. I say a lesser degree because we can be hot or cold with it. This team has gotten to here from their hitting, small ball(not so much of late), defense and pitching. So seeing what they did early in the game tonight was just another day for this team. It’s been that way since game 1 and it’ll probably be that way with their last game. That’s why acting up a storm in the third inning is kinda pointless because they’ve shown routinely that they will still find a way to win. I think their overall record and seeding shows that. And your right, Pierce will acknowledge it in his press conference like he’s done all year long but this team still won’t change. 

That’s a fair statement though I didn’t act up a storm maybe others did. But after a decade of shitting the bed at the plate in the third inning I was tense.  We knew ASU could play defense and has 1-2 hitters that can change a game. I always get tense in post season play. It’s just who I am. Maybe it’s from a long history of watching Texas winning and losing big games - but that’s baseball.  Fullerton in Omaha comes to mind. Shit we sat behind home plate for that series and I will never forget how gut wrenching that loss was. Wichita State, LSU recently in the finals, and dozens of other post season games that went the wrong way all point to the cruelty of the game. So I get tense. And for the record I actually posted after the tech series loss saying it wasn’t a big deal how they responded is what matters. I have a pretty decent handle on this I think and have not been down on this team once they started going on a tear after the slow start. I wasn’t really down on them tonight either.  My problem is I’m sober haha. Thankfully we seem to be playing better than everyone right now, so I’ll stay tense and optimistic about the ultimate prize.

Edited by troph

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I have all but quit drinking these days (had none tonight) so blame me, it’s probably my fault.

No it's not - good for you - I was recently sober for 10 months. I'm kind of pinballing right now but I'm realizing that none of it does me any good. I've just fucked my brain so much over the years that me sober and me pretty trashed results in an equally interesting level of discourse. 

• Haha 2

To be fair, troph has been a hardcore UT baseball fan for a long time. I remember seeing his gangly ass walk up the sidewalk past left field as I was 9 beers deep 30 min before the first pitch many years ago. He probably remembers those games a lot better than I do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

To be fair, troph has been a hardcore UT baseball fan for a long time. I remember seeing his gangly ass walk up the sidewalk past left field as I was 9 beers deep 30 min before the first pitch many years ago. He probably remembers those games a lot better than I do. 

Now a hot skinny bitch with legs for days. But point well made. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5

This basketball game on LHN is so bittersweet. They keep bringing up how badass Texas athletics is and you can tell that a national story that year was can Texas win all 3? 

So the ass kicking of Kansas is great but the rest is like... how far we've fallen. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This basketball game on LHN is so bittersweet. They keep bringing up how badass Texas athletics is and you can tell that a national story that year was can Texas win all 3? 

So the ass kicking of Kansas is great but the rest is like... how far we've fallen. 

Maybe we can start with baseball and see some progress with sark. It’s been a beat down that’s for sure. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

9 minutes ago, troph said:

Maybe we can start with baseball and see some progress with sark. It’s been a beat down that’s for sure. 

I was really hoping that the Volleyball team would kick it off with a natty, but I feel like we're re-entering another great period of UT athletics like we saw from 2000-2009. Everything seems to be clicking the right way. You can just feel it. 

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Dear Mr Whistling Eyes of Texas Guy:
You got a schtick, and man did you stick with it.

Watched and been to a lot of games over the last couple of years and definitely heard his whistle in almost all of them. Sometimes good and sometimes found it annoying....
Tonight...too damn LOUD to ever hear him. Great crowd tonight.
As Jack Buck would say....”We’ll see you tomorrow night!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean seriously we have fucking AJ Abrams Boobie PJ and LMA and we couldn't get to the Final Four? Was that the LSU loss year?

No it was Memphis, like I said before. Those cheating bastards. That win over us in the elite eight was later "vacated" but somehow AJ Abrams and company didn't get to magically go play in the 2008 Final Four retroactively. So little consolation.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean seriously we have fucking AJ Abrams Boobie PJ and LMA and we couldn't get to the Final Four? Was that the LSU loss year?

No that was another Barnes fuck up. /hi derka.

to be clear I loved Barnes but it was time for him to move on.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

No it was Memphis, like I said before. Those cheating bastards. That win over us in the elite eight was later "vacated" but somehow AJ Abrams and company didn't get to magically go play in the 2008 Final Four retroactively.

I was at that game in Houston. Those Memphis fans were complete classless assholes. We were staying at a downtown hotel and it got so ugly the security and bartenders finally announced “ok, if you are a Memphis fan OR you are wearing blue, you have to get the fuck out. now.”

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

No it was Memphis, like I said before. Those cheating bastards. That win over us in the elite eight was later "vacated" but somehow AJ Abrams and company didn't get to magically go play in the 2008 Final Four retroactively.

Complete trash fans. This one Italian looking dude stood up on the bar, ripped his shirt off to show his gold chains and asked if anyone “wants some of this”. That’s when I went to finish the rest of my beer in the lobby.