Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're a great poster. You should post more. 

I thought we were already playing playoff baseball and hammering the shit out of teams but apparently it doesn't count until we're playing Vandy. You should tell that to Florida.

That ball that Quintanilla booted and almost ran over old man Graham...you have to field those cleanly or good teams will make you pay

• Drool 1

9 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Username does not check out.

I’m pretty sure I had been sitting in rush hour traffic for about an hour and a half reading surly when I decided to make an account. Looking around my situation at the time I was “done with it” and chose that for my username. I’ve regretted this choice of a name many, many times. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I've watched many thousand innings of baseball, but I'd never seen that before.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've played & watched a shitload of baseball over 45 years of my life, and almost every game I watch, I see something I've never seen before. No other sport is like that for me. It's amazing.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

You're a great poster. You should post more. 

I thought we were already playing playoff baseball and hammering the shit out of teams but apparently it doesn't count until we're playing Vandy. You should tell that to Florida.

Reaction Ok GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

tumblr_n4og6pzLBR1rvfy6do1_500.gif

I'd like to put my balls in her pocket.

Fairfield is/was the #3.  

Just a war of pitching attrition at this point with ASU.  They both lose, it's good for Texas.  I just don't want to make a name for some spot starter tonight for one of these two teams.  I want to crush and smite them early and often. 

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Would rather play ASU between the two.  ASU has no pitching whatsoever.  

Agreed. They're confident and aggressive at the plate. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

they should have been a 2 somewhere else.

Yep they got screwed. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They didn’t play any known good teams because their league had like 34 games. 

yeah I know.  they still probably should have been a mid level 2.   37-3 is still 37-3.  THey are giving the  2 seed and traditional baseball school) all they can handle.

You said always run in that situation and again that’s giving them free outs, and asu is one of the best defensive teams in nation, it’s the last thing you want to do.  The rest of what you said is not how you want to manage your opportunities, imo. 

And I stand by it. And I laid it out for you as to the reasons why. The point is it is not a free out. The out at first is more of a given than tag out at home. So worst case you are exchanging outs. Again 1st and 3rd and 2nd and 3rd are not that much different.

Basically shots directly at the pitcher and the fielders are the sure fire plays at the plate. This isn’t a force out though so that increases risk to the defense.

And I believe it was you who said not to get in a run down? Why not? If it gets you back to 2nd and 3rd same as it was, what’s the downside? What if they screw up the run down? Yes, I suppose there is that 1% chance we get doubled up somehow.

2nd and 3rd is different than 1st and 3rd or simply runner on 3rd. It lessens the risk because you have that runner on 2nd. Aggressive base running if done smartly increases your chances of ultimate or greater success.

Using last night as example, there was 0% chance Williams is out at home if he runs on contact. There’s likely no throw home if he does go on contact. And if he’s dumb enough to make it, we’re sitting 1st and 3rd with no outs.

this thread has gone full 13 year old girl on us and I wasn't even here to participate.  gotdammit.

only substantive point about last night - base running and failure to hit with runners in scoring position are two different issues. but none of that shit mattered, and it won't matter tonight or next weekend.  key word: donkey stomp.

texas is gonna donkey stomp the winner of today's game I don't care how bad the base running might be. 

when I say donkey stomp I mean like ball crushing, hide your children, grown men will cry kind of annihilation.

I'm done worrying about the finer points for today, it won't fucking matter.  donkey stomp.

Texas will be the talk of Omaha as we donkey stomp our way past whatever also-ran Florida or South Alabama team we play in the supers.

fellas get your shit together and be ready.

Bitches we are BACK!

\m/

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

this thread has gone full 13 year old girl on us and I wasn't even here to participate.  gotdammit.

only substantive point about last night - base running and failure to hit with runners in scoring position are two different issues. but none of that shit mattered, and it won't matter tonight or next weekend.  key word: donkey stomp.

texas is gonna donkey stomp the winner of today's game I don't care how bad the base running might be. 

when I say donkey stomp I mean like ball crushing, hide your children, grown men will cry kind of annihilation.

I'm done worrying about the finer points for today, it won't fucking matter.  donkey stomp.

Texas will be the talk of Omaha as we donkey stomp our way past whatever also-ran Florida or South Alabama team we play in the supers.

fellas get your shit together and be ready.

Bitches we are BACK!

\m/

Esta. 

Lets. Fucking. Go. 🤘🏼

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

And I stand by it. And I laid it out for you as to the reasons why. The point is it is not a free out. The out at first is more of a given than tag out at home. So worst case you are exchanging outs. Again 1st and 3rd and 2nd and 3rd are not that much different.

Basically shots directly at the pitcher and the fielders are the sure fire plays at the plate. This isn’t a force out though so that increases risk to the defense.

And I believe it was you who said not to get in a run down? Why not? If it gets you back to 2nd and 3rd same as it was, what’s the downside? What if they screw up the run down? Yes, I suppose there is that 1% chance we get doubled up somehow.

2nd and 3rd is different than 1st and 3rd or simply runner on 3rd. It lessens the risk because you have that runner on 2nd. Aggressive base running if done smartly increases your chances of ultimate or greater success.

Using last night as example, there was 0% chance Williams is out at home if he runs on contact. There’s likely no throw home if he does go on contact. And if he’s dumb enough to make it, we’re sitting 1st and 3rd with no outs.

This isn’t a better explanation, actually it’s worse in terms of managing when the infield is in. I’ve never seen someone so hell bent on giving another team free outs purposely based on “well what if...”. This will be my last response to this topic. 

Guest Lobo

3.5 hour delay for them.  That's really awkward spacing.  Even a 1-hour double-header gap is rough.  

They seem nice, but for fun---let's beat the ever living shit out of them tonight.  Jump out to a quick 7-0 lead.  

Not every year you can beat all three teams in your regional on a way to a sweep.  

While we're waiting, I highly recommend watching S. Alabama/S. Florida at 5:00p and dropping off some more beer at my house while you do it.