Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Silas is the catcher we have needed for years.

He’s a badass. Covers the pitches really well and brings them in so they always look good. I know that’s called framing but whatever.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It’s almost like Arizona state is really really good defensively or something. Odd. 

I’ve said that at least three times. As the game goes on the lead gets bigger but there’s no way stranded runners was a non issue for Pierce 4 innings into this.  At this point I’m much less concerned. Still a closer game than it needs to be.

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There's been a high wall as long as I can remember. I remember an Arkansas power hitter (can't remember his name) clearing it and we were all speechless. One of the hardest hit balls I can remember ever seeing at the Disch

Pretty sure it wasn't there in the 80s into the 90s.  And presumably before the 80s.  Or, if it was there, it was spaced back from the CF fence, so it really wasn't a "monster."  Because you could spread out behind the fence all through the outfield back in the day.  CF was the worst spot, though, because you were so far away and far from the center fielder.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ve said that at least three times. As the game goes on the lead gets bigger but there’s no way stranded runners was a non issue for Pierce 4 innings into this.  At this point I’m much less concerned. Still a closer game than it needs to be.

I thought that that last run scored to make it 6-1 was closer than it should have been. Why is Cam Williams not a 4.1 40 yd dash type athlete? Just not championship baseball there. 

And I'm obviously being a dick but some of you need to relax.

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty sure it wasn't there in the 80s into the 90s.  And presumably before the 80s.  Or, if it was there, it was spaced back from the CF fence, so it really wasn't a "monster."  Because you could spread out behind the fence all through the outfield back in the day.  CF was the worst spot, though, because you were so far away and far from the center fielder.

To wit:

https://texassports.com/news/2005/5/12/051205aab_179.aspx

Also, I recall that before Pierce had the fences pulled in that despite the monster being at 400 feet, the deepest parts were on right-center and left-center, each at 405 feet, which were on either side of the monster (and not part of the monster). 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought that that last run scored to make it 6-1 was closer than it should have been. Why is Cam Williams not a 4.1 40 yd dash type athlete? Just not championship baseball there. 

Whatever dude. Ask pierce in the 4th and I guarantee you he mentions having to bring RISP home. Guarantee it.  And now 6-1 BECAUSE of a 2 out RBI. It’s like you just want to argue.  

Edited by troph

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I was there in the 1980 and there was a higher wall in CF. Maybe not as high as the current one, but it was higher than the rest of the wall. 

• Hook 'Em 1