Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

They had 6 hits and 5 runs through 4 innings and you were complaining about 5+ runners being left on base... What do you expect them to do? Drive them all in every game?

yes. just call the home run play whenever there are baserunners.

• Haha 1

Just now, TornACL said:

Some of you guys could get handed a million dollars and complain that the bag is too heavy. 

I have often times checked in on the baseball game threads and how everyone is talking you’d think we were down by 10 runs....    Scroll down and the scores like 3-2 Texas lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I changed the f bomb that was wrong.

you’re over stating my criticism of Texas’ play tonight. And now that we are hitting the ball it’s time for the fat lady. Extending innings with 2 outs is exactly what championship baseball is all about. And I’ll leave it at that. 

I commented around the 3rd inning that we were getting unlucky bringing guys home. The luck has regressed to the mean and it's now 8-1 going into the top of the 7th. I'm not the biggest diehard Horns baseball fan or biggest baseball expert but I have watched and listened to this team a ton this year and have a very good handle on why they are the 2nd national seed. A 5 run lead for us is like a 9 run lead for most teams. No one here should hand wring about not being up 15-0 after 5 innings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, chase25 said:

They had 6 hits and 5 runs through 4 innings and you were complaining about 5+ runners being left on base... What do you expect them to do? Drive them all in every game?

Jesus Christ man, 6 hits and 5 runs on 7 walks/HBP out of 8.  It’s like you have zero understanding of how a game should be over in the 4th and with bases loaded in the 5th was it (?) ASU had a chance to get back into it. It’s asinine to think it was a non issue at the time. Shit we left RISP in each of the first 3 innings at 0-0.  I don’t give a shit now the game is over but at the time it was a concern.  Ty made the ASU hitters crawl into a fetal position and our defense has been great.  In the end we strung some hits together and extended an inning with 2 outs and it’s alllll good. But the first three innings when it was happening it was an issue.  

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I commented around the 3rd inning that we were getting unlucky bringing guys home. The luck has regressed to the mean and it's now 8-1 going into the top of the 7th. I'm not the biggest diehard Horns baseball fan or biggest baseball expert but I have watched and listened to this team a ton this year and have a very good handle on why they are the 2nd national seed. A 5 run lead for us is like a 9 run lead for most teams. No one here should hand wring about not being up 15-0 after 5 innings. 

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Jesus Christ man, 6 hits and 5 runs on 7 walks/HBP out of 8.  It’s like you have zero understanding of how a game should be over in the 4th and with bases loaded in the 5th was it (?) ASU had a chance to get back into it. It’s asinine to think it was a non issue at the time. Shit we left RISP in each of the first 3 innings at 0-0.  I don’t give a shit now the game is over but at the time it was a concern.  Ty made the ASU hitters crawl into a fetal position and our defense has been great.  In the end we strung some hits together and extended an inning with 2 outs and it’s alllll good. But the first three innings when it was happening it was an issue.  

No, you are talking as if guys are supposed to step up to the plate and bat a 1.000. You sound like you’ve never played baseball in your life. There are ups and downs, weak choppers that find a hole, liners that find a glove. For fucks sale a guy batting .300 with the bases loaded fails 70% of the time. Good thing baseball is 9 innings and not 3

Take the stick out of your ass and try and enjoy the game.

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1