Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

To wit:

https://texassports.com/news/2005/5/12/051205aab_179.aspx

Also, I recall that before Pierce had the fences pulled in that despite the monster being at 400 feet, the deepest parts were on right-center and left-center, each at 405 feet, which were on either side of the monster (and not part of the monster). 

I just remember Stubbs hitting a moonshot over it. Longest HR I’ve ever seen in person.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, ztejas said:

"We have watched Texas play just almost flawless baseball so far" 

Guy clearly isn't reading Surly 

As the game goes on Texas has played better and better. Defense and pitching suburb.  Now scoring runs the old fashioned way, yes Texas is playing well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Fuck off dude. Ask pierce in the 4th and I guarantee you he mentions having to bring RISP home. Guarantee it.  And now 6-1 BECAUSE of a 2 out RBI. It’s like you just want to argue.  

Of course I want to argue. You're setting our expectations higher than winning a national championship. But it's all in good humor - I like you as a poster and your hearts in the right place. This game just hasn't concerned me much at all past exhibiting who we've been as a team all year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

dang! How many injured pitchers are they gonna have?  Medical team will be busy tonight. 

I’m thinking they got a makeshift emergency room behind the dugout.

Edited by Mdhorn

Guest Lobo
Just now, Deej said:

Are those the Ewold Kubota's daughters, or is he a member of some Mormon offshoot?

Yeah, I was thinking Amish.  But then, how do they make those wonderful tractors?  

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course I want to argue. You're setting our expectations higher than winning a national championship. But it's all in good humor - I like you as a poster and your hearts in the right place. This game just hasn't concerned me much at all past exhibiting who we've been as a team all year. 

I changed the f bomb that was wrong.

you’re over stating my criticism of Texas’ play tonight. And now that we are hitting the ball it’s time for the fat lady. Extending innings with 2 outs is exactly what championship baseball is all about. And I’ll leave it at that. 

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

How did ASU get a 2 seed? Fuck this pitching staff is brutal.

It's almost like we're the 2nd best team in the country and have been playing in an extremely competitive conference all year. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, troph said:

I changed the f bomb that was wrong.

you’re over stating my criticism of Texas’ play tonight. And now that we are hitting the ball it’s time for the fat lady. Extending innings with 2 outs is exactly what championship baseball is all about. And I’ll leave it at that. 

They had 6 hits and 5 runs through 4 innings and you were complaining about 5+ runners being left on base... What do you expect them to do? Drive them all in every game?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

How did ASU get a 2 seed? Fuck this pitching staff is brutal.

It makes you wonder how good they would be if half their staff wasn’t hurt. Besides that little bloop hit in the first inning, their defense has been damn good and the bats aren’t bad either. 

16 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ve said that at least three times. As the game goes on the lead gets bigger but there’s no way stranded runners was a non issue for Pierce 4 innings into this.  At this point I’m much less concerned. Still a closer game than it needs to be.

Happy now?

9 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

To wit:

https://texassports.com/news/2005/5/12/051205aab_179.aspx

Also, I recall that before Pierce had the fences pulled in that despite the monster being at 400 feet, the deepest parts were on right-center and left-center, each at 405 feet, which were on either side of the monster (and not part of the monster). 

I think, though, that it was set back from the actual 400 foot fence for a lot of that time, not an extension of it as it is today.

Maybe I'm misremembering.

You are right about the right and left center alleys, though.  Those were death.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2