Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

10 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

The same people that were negative during the conference tournament and saying this team isn’t that good, they are now bitching that it’s not 10-0. Fuck off. 

If leaving 5+ in scoring position doesn’t bother you when it’s bases loaded no outs for ASU then I don’t know what to tell you. Texas can be the baddest mother fucking team in the tournament and also not playing to the Texas standard all at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm old too, and one of our memories is failing.  There wasn't a monster in CF for most of DFF's existence unless I am mistaken.  And I think CF has always been 400'.

Even if it wasn't 400, that ball cleared the fence by 15 feet and was good for 425, easy.

There's been a high wall as long as I can remember. I remember an Arkansas power hitter (can't remember his name) clearing it and we were all speechless. One of the hardest hit balls I can remember ever seeing at the Disch

Edited by Mo Horn

1 minute ago, troph said:

If leaving 5+ in scoring position doesn’t bother you when it’s bases loaded no outs for ASU then I don’t know what to tell you. Texas can be the baddest mother fucking team in the tournament and also not playing to the Texas standard all at the same time.

Its fucking baseball, it happens.

3 minutes ago, utdlc said:

I don't think the sky is falling but if a problem has repeatedly been showing up throughout the season, it needs to be corrected. 

Our baserunning has certainly been an issue all season. We can only hope it improves or doesn't cost us eventually. Fortunately outside of that we play really good ball. 

4 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

You already said you dont know much about baseball. Just bc we are up 5-0 doesnt mean we havent made mistakes and havent failed to capitalize on a lot of RISP. A lot of us just want to see championship level baseball, and that means being sharp in all phases. 

No - I said I'm not an expert in the sense that I'm still learning how certain stuff is scored or the particulars of some rarely enforced rules. I understand the game overall just fine and I think that anyone that thinks this team isn't playing at a championship level or hasn't almost all season is a little delusional. Unless you're trying to chase ghosts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

You understand it is a borderline automatic ticket to Cooperstown being successful 30% of the time at the plate... 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Texas can be the baddest mother fucking team in the tournament and also not playing to the Texas standard all at the same time.

If we are the best team in the tournament and win the national championship I don't give a shit what any of you think is or isn't playing to the "Texas standard". 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1