john kerry

joe  dillon

if he is coaching Iran and Palestine to negotiate against the US’s best interests shouldn’t he be arrested for undermining the US government? Especially given his political career? At some point this has to reach the level of sedition doesn’t it? If he wants to play diplomat then he should run for office or ask to be appointed as one. 

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

if he is coaching Iran and Palestine to negotiate against the US’s best interests shouldn’t he be arrested for undermining the US government? Especially given his political career? At some point this has to reach the level of sedition doesn’t it? If he wants to play diplomat then he should run for office or ask to be appointed as one. 

Yeah, Donald Trump probably doesn't want draw attention to private citizens attempting to negotiate with foreign governments. 

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, Donald Trump probably doesn't want draw attention to private citizens attempting to negotiate with foreign governments. 

That's exactly Breitbart's goal. No one else will take this seriously, but if the base thinks the Dems are negotiating with foreign governments, then it's okay for Trump to do it. Actual truth doesn't matter. Moose out front should have told you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

That's exactly Breitbart's goal. No one else will take this seriously, but if the base thinks the Dems are negotiating with foreign governments, then it's okay for Trump to do it. Actual truth doesn't matter. Moose out front should have told you. 

True. But the base isn't enough. 

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

True. But the base isn't enough. 

Maybe. It was last time though.

Donald Trump is president and Kanye West is giving him advice. That's so far below what I thought the worst case would be that I'm done trying to make categorical political predictions in this country. 

It is on the rest of us to make sure that the base, plus aggressive Russian interference in vulnerable areas, isn't enough in 2018 and 2020. 

Edited by Pods

Boston Globe, not quite Breitbart.

WASHINGTON — John Kerry’s bid to save one of his most significant accomplishments as secretary of state took him to New York on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago, where, more than a year after he left office, he engaged in some unusual shadow diplomacy with a top-ranking Iranian official.

He sat down at the United Nations with Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to discuss ways of preserving the pact limiting Iran’s nuclear weapons program. It was the second time in about two months that the two had met to strategize over salvaging a deal they spent years negotiating during the Obama administration, according to a person briefed on the meetings.

With the Iran deal facing its gravest threat since it was signed in 2015, Kerry has been on an aggressive yet stealthy mission to preserve it, using his deep lists of contacts gleaned during his time as the top US diplomat to try to apply pressure on the Trump administration from the outside. President Trump, who has consistently criticized the pact and campaigned in 2016 on scuttling it, faces a May 12 deadline to decide whether to continue abiding by its terms.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/05/04/kerry-quietly-seeking-salvage-iran-deal-helped-craft/2fTkGON7xvaNbO0YbHECUL/story.html

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Why is Kerry, a private citizen, negotiating with a foreign government, one that is hostile too the United States? Isn't this a Logan Act issue?
It sure looks like it. WSJ editorial says the Logan Act is rarely enforced, and possibly unconstitutional.

A secret meeting at the UN? And everybody knows about it?  Oooohhhhhh, sneaky.

Trying to find a way to preserve an agreement by talking to a principal player? How is that negotiating for the USA? How is that working against the interests of the US? 

We've got a team of monkeys running foreign policy right now with a desire to pull out of a treaty that the rest of the world supports. An American citizen and former SoS offers himself to help find a solution. He can neither promise anything in the name of the US nor can he accept promises in the name of the US.

Nice to see a re-emergence of swiftboating which is a low point in the low history of GOP hate mongering.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joe dillon said:

rest of world supports treaty---- when did rest of world start dictating US policy  ?       Swiftboating John THE  Coward Kerry-----------------------DONT EVER FORGET

They don't, but it helps when we want something from them. 

Backing out of this deal makes a nuclear Iran more likely.

Seems to me your remark is from a closet lib. that strikes blindly out at any and all conservatives  hoping for a reaction-------well u got it but the point is as a conservative you speak out  or  join the libs ,

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, joe dillon said:

Seems to me your remark is from a closet lib. that strikes blindly out at any and all conservatives  hoping for a reaction-------well u got it but the point is as a conservative you speak out  or  join the libs ,

The Liberal Cabal used to meet in the closet until that space became too small. Trump's presidency has forced us to have our meetings in stadiums where we have to sacrifice more human babies so everybody gets to see at least one. The ceremony for soul and partial brain removal must be done en masse to keep the meetings on schedule. The expense for flags for everyone to piss on as they leave at each exit is surprisingly high.

The rallies are still held in silence and the dark because everyone is so frightened of the righteous and true hearted patriots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2018 at 2:12 PM, Jhawk said:

Sounds like he's negotiating in the best interests of the US.

1 hour ago, joe dillon said:

Are you having a stroke?

20 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was told that if you weren't in the administration you aren't allowed to negotiate anything for the US.  Isn't that part of the controversy with the elected administration?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I was told that if you weren't in the administration you aren't allowed to negotiate anything for the US.  Isn't that part of the controversy with the elected administration?  

Was he negotiating or just advising?   He has no power, nor was he just elected to an office that will give him imminent power.   If he's promising things on behalf of someone in power, that's a no-no.  If he's giving advice on how to deal with the administration, that sounds like what every ex-politician/lobbyist does, even with a foreign client. 

27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Mr. Kerry reportedly met twice with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in recent months in a private effort to save the deal that Mr. Trump has been threatening to scrap. He also reportedly met with German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, met twice with French President Emmanuel Macron and has spoken by phone with European Union foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/7/trump-kerry-possibly-illegal-private-talks-iran/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation

22 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

It was part of the controversy with Flynn during the transition in particular.  It was a stupid controversy then, it's a stupid controversy now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

The Liberal Cabal used to meet in the closet until that space became too small. Trump's presidency has forced us to have our meetings in stadiums where we have to sacrifice more human babies so everybody gets to see at least one. The ceremony for soul and partial brain removal must be done en masse to keep the meetings on schedule. The expense for flags for everyone to piss on as they leave at each exit is surprisingly high.

The rallies are still held in silence and the dark because everyone is so frightened of the righteous and true hearted patriots.

After we all are primed via eating $oro$ marijuanas

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It was part of the controversy with Flynn during the transition in particular.  It was a stupid controversy then, it's a stupid controversy now.  

Kerry didn't try to hide his meetings or lie about them after the fact either. 

43 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I don't care what you were told. Scrapping the Iran deal would be against "the interests of the US". Ergo, what Kerry is doing is in the interests of the US. The DOJ (lol) can determine whether or not its legal.

However, based on the fact that Kerry is not a complete dumbass, nor, I suspect, is he a traitor, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. Anybody associated with the current administration, or any of its supports, don't get the benefit of the doubt.

17 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I don't care what you were told. Scrapping the Iran deal would be against "the interests of the US". Ergo, what Kerry is doing is in the interests of the US. The DOJ (lol) can determine whether or not its legal.

However, based on the fact that Kerry is not a complete dumbass, nor, I suspect, is he a traitor, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. Anybody associated with the current administration, or any of its supports, don't get the benefit of the doubt.

If Henry Kissinger has never been charged with a crime, than what Kerry did was certainly legal. 

39 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Kerry is not in a position to determine what is good for the US or not.  He does not hold any office and has not been appointed one.  Also.. regarding the word "traitor," there are an awful lot of people who do believe he is a traitor and his service is a black mark on his record.

If Kerry isn't negotiating on behalf of the US, since he can't, then he must be advising Iran or other countries.  I hope he is a registered foreign agent of those countries because we all know what kind of hot water that can get you into.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Kerry is not in a position to determine what is good for the US or not.  He does not hold any office and has not been appointed one.  Also.. regarding the word "traitor," there are an awful lot of people who do believe he is a traitor and his service is a black mark on his record.

If Kerry isn't negotiating on behalf of the US, since he can't, then he must be advising Iran or other countries.  I hope he is a registered foreign agent of those countries because we all know what kind of hot water that can get you into.

Those "awful lot of people" are partisan cranks.

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: For a year and a half, we've had everyone in the media and law enforcement claim with a straight face that there's something called the Logan Act which is this 18th-century law that prohibits people from doing freelance work with foreign governments. It is clearly unconstitutional, it would never be enforced. And yet it was used to query Mike Flynn and contrary to what James Comey said in his interview with you, that was the interview where the FBI agent said he gave no evidence of lying. And yet, it was because they were doing a Logan Act query supposedly because he shouldn't have been talking to Ambassador [Sergey] Kislyak as part of his duties as the incoming National Security Advisor.

Here you have John Kerry who has no role in the administration doing freelance work trying to save a deal that is completely contravening the goal of the Trump administration. And all those people who were claiming that the Logan Act was real thing are oddly silent right now.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/05/07/hemingway_on_kerry_iran_meetings_all_the_people_who_said_logan_act_was_real_are_oddly_silent_right_now.html

On 5/7/2018 at 9:41 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

Whatever he's doing, he probably does believe it to be in the best interest of the US. But I still don't think non-government officials should be engaging in international negotiations. Can what he's doing even be called "negotiating" though? Probably not, given that he has zero ability to bind the US to anything, but I obviously don't have any of the facts. The better question is whether it's wrong for someone in his (non)position to be meeting with foreign officials to begin with. I lean to the answer being "no" because there is a wealth of knowledge in former officials, but that's a slippery slope, and there are a lot of justifications for a blanket prohibition. 

My opinion completely changes if he's engaging in conversations with the intent to run for president (or any federal position).

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

My opinion completely changes if he's engaging in conversations with the intent to run for president (or any federal position).

I would assume his time in elected office is done. The dude is 74. He'll be 77 at the next inauguration. That's a bit old.

On 5/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, joe dillon said:

Really what position does Mr Heinz hold that allows him to negotiate for th,e U.S.   His actions are his or the usual suspects from the far left.    Coward and fake hero.

LMAO at John Kerry being far left!

RED Five

On 5/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

Why is Kerry, a private citizen, negotiating with a foreign government, one that is hostile too the United States? Isn't this a Logan Act issue?

you are one sorry sob

On 5/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, Anastasis said:

Bingo.  This is only news because talking to foreign officials was deemed "illegal" at the beginning of 2016.