2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm told by leading medical experts that you can't whistle if somebody puts a pillow over your face in room 1210 at the Omaha Hilton.  

"The thing is, when I'm paid I always see the job through.  You know that..."

iu.jpeg

• Like 1

So, CWS night games so far:

Vandy-Wolfpack - 1 run, 24ks

Texas-Miss State - 3 runs, 33ks

Zona-Vandy - 13 runs, 29ks

vs the day games

Stan-Zona - 19 runs, 13ks

Virginia-Tenn - 6 runs, 18ks

Wolfpack-Stan - 14 runs, 21ks

Basically, I'm just holding out some hope that our bats aren't quite as terrible as they looked on Sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I never played baseball as a kid and have only been following Texas baseball since the 02 season so I’m relatively new to baseball. Here’s my observation and question.

the miss st pitcher looked really good. Our bats looked incredibly terrible. We were swinging late and low tons of times and watching some of what looked like very hit-able  balls go right by.  So  which was really which. Did he make us look that bad or did we make him look that great?

50 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

I never played baseball as a kid and have only been following Texas baseball since the 02 season so I’m relatively new to baseball. Here’s my observation and question.

the miss st pitcher looked really good. Our bats looked incredibly terrible. We were swinging late and low tons of times and watching some of what looked like very hit-able  balls go right by.  So  which was really which. Did he make us look that bad or did we make him look that great?

It was the gambling trifecta of suck.  The pitcher was throwing great pitches, the ump had a shitty large yet inconsistent strike zone, and our hitters did both fail to adjust and watched a shitload of good pitches which all made for him appearing to be the most dominant pitcher in CWS history.

We better beat the road construction orange hillbillies here in a bit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Eugene11 said:

Great pitcher + big strike zone + passive hitters only swinging for the fences = strikeout party

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

Dear ESPN,
I've turned on the game twice, and both times the whistler(s) made it unwatchable. Please get your mikes away from those assholes or turn the mikes near them off. Until you do so I probably will never watch a Vanderbilt game.

Thanks,
Blacklab. 

We can only hope that vandy is eliminated on Wednesday 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Great pitcher + big strike zone + passive hitters only swinging for the fences = strikeout party

Very accurate description.

And I'd add in "+ coaches who sit with thumbs up their asses" just to round it all out.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Very accurate description.

And I'd add in "+ coaches who sit with thumbs up their asses" just to round it all out.

Something the Yankees really popularized in the 90s & 2000s was getting a pitcher off his rhythm even when they were getting mowed down. Lots of stepping out of the box, lots of calling time at the last possible moment, lots walking over to “talk” to the 3rd base coach, etc. Annoying to watch but that was kind of the point. Led to more mistake pitches that they could capitalize on. We really could’ve used that approach Sunday once we saw how on his game the MSST pitcher was. Hopefully Pierce learns. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Apparently, it was just too much to ask for.  Pierce and Co must of had some late night Jeopardy to watch.

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Not to be a wet towel, but I think we've already lost the equal shine and bounce game against these hillbillies.

Advantage aggy.

When you combine aggy & Jeopardy...

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There’s going to be an ass load of disappointed hillbillies here in Omaha in about 5 hours

Also, sorry MSUdawg, but hopefully a lot of disappointed Mississippi trailer park residents about 5 hours after that 

No worries. I love disappointing your dreams. 

7 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

I brought the bad juju yesterday so someone else is welcome to take a shot at it. 

I was about to say I'll do it. I can't stand Tennessee. 

I'm surprised the LSU fans aren't on here saying go horns so they can go ahead and get their new coach. 

9 minutes ago, msudawg said:

I was about to say I'll do it. I can't stand Tennessee. 

I'm surprised the LSU fans aren't on here saying go horns so they can go ahead and get their new coach. 

From my very unscientific Tigerdroppings sample I'm not quite sure I agree w/your police work there Lou.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1