2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Honestly, I don't want that smoke. A healthy Casey doesn't suck. That would literally be the worst thing that could happen to us aside from meteor strike.

Dude, he’s got terrible mechanics. A healthy Casey is definitely more than fine with me playing for OU. 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Kiffin is on the short-list for being arguably the best offensive mind in the sport at this level

LSU, even if they're struggling right now, is always at the very least a dark-horse contender if they get a QB

There's not really an obvious choice right now. Maryland, Ohio State, USC, Texas, etc would all make sense if they didn't have entrenched starters or heirs apparent already at the position 

I agree with you about Kiffin's offensive chops. Problem is his personality, and his potential to jump to a bigger job.

LSU is, in my opinion, about to take a step back. The fact that Kelly brought only one coach from ND, the firing of Moffitt, and the hiring of Kerry Cooks are all   B I G  R E D flags. I doubt the Williams family wants to jump into that.

Williams wasn't worried about competing with Rattler. Do you think he's worried about competing with Taulia or a guy with zero college passes (Ewers) or Dart after his year at OU? The bigger problem for Maryland is that they suck, especially on the OL SC's OL also sucks, and their coach ditched Williams already.

UT--sorry bro, I don't think the NIL advantage is enough. But that would make the sauciest Red Rivers EVER. There may be a real border war if that happens. 

Ohio St and Bama are the only schools with incumbents who would preclude Williams going there.

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

I agree with you about Kiffin's offensive chops. Problem is his personality, and his potential to jump to a bigger job.

LSU is, in my opinion, about to take a step back. The fact that Kelly brought only one coach from ND, the firing of Moffitt, and the hiring of Kerry Cooks are all   B I G  R E D flags. I doubt the Williams family wants to jump into that.

Williams wasn't worried about competing with Rattler. Do you think he's worried about competing with Taulia or a guy with zero college passes (Ewers) or Dart after his year at OU? The bigger problem for Maryland is that they suck, especially on the OL SC's OL also sucks, and their coach ditched Williams already.

UT--sorry bro, I don't think the NIL advantage is enough. But that would make the sauciest Red Rivers EVER. There may be a real border war if that happens. 

Ohio St and Bama are the only schools with incumbents who would preclude Williams going there.

Fair point about Kiffin looking for the next job

How many coaches did Saban bring with him from Michigan State? I'm not bullish on Kelly at LSU, but I don't think the coaching thing is necessarily a red-flag in and of itself  

Uh, Williams was two classes behind Rattler, he wasn't competing with him until Rattler shit his pants and got benched 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Per Drumm, after The Williams get back from vacation and Lebby joins (he's coaching in the Ole Miss bowl game), Venables and Lebby will have a chance to convince the The Williams to stay with a presentation 

LOL the powerpoint for this --- gotta see this

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OB3 said:

His plays are at 0:58, 3:00, 4:00, 6:13. If you have time to watch the whole highlight it was a crazy game

a couple of times he also makes a play before the ones you reference.   they also line him up at RB on one play for a big gain.

Edited by dcar00

1 minute ago, Fud said:

How many coaches did Saban bring with him from Michigan State? I'm not bullish on Kelly at LSU, but I don't think the coaching thing is necessarily a red-flag in and of itself  

Uh, Williams was two classes behind Rattler, he wasn't competing with him until Rattler shit his pants and got benched 

The big difference is Kelly WANTED his staff to come with him--Freeman definitely, and I think Rees and others, have said so much. Plus look at who Kelly's getting: NFL DC (who has SEC coaching experience) and Kerry Cooks, who was a negative recruiter and developer at OU then went to Texas Tech then could only get an analyst job back at ND. I don't think they have offensive coaches yet.

Uh, Williams definitely came to OU to start as frosh. He also told Riley that he'd walk on and earn a scholarship at OU when OU'd already taken a commitment from another 2021 QB (Brock Vadergriff, who ended up at Georgia). The guy isn't afraid of competition.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Bookmarked. lol

Given who we have faced at QB for OU in the last several years including Heisman winners and finalists and first round draft picks, I would gladly take Casey Thompson starting for them as the outcome. Can he sometimes hit wide open receivers schemed downfield? Of course he can. But if OU is scheming wide open receivers downfield we have bigger issues. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

uhm-uh.gif

I humored you about UT as a potential portal landing spot for Williams, but my dude -- you think he's going to a 5-7 team? He beat KU by himself this year.

I think UT fans were cheering for him to come in the game. So I guess you fucked around and found out. Srsly, the guys a baller and if UT fans don't know it -- good luck.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

I humored you about UT as a potential portal landing spot for Williams, but my dude -- you think he's going to a 5-7 team? He beat KU by himself this year.

I think UT fans were cheering for him to come in the game. So I guess you fucked around and found out. Srsly, the guys a baller and if UT fans don't know it -- good luck.

I actually said that Texas didn't make sense as a potential landing spot

If you're dumb enough to believe fictionalized propagandized bullshit of Caleb being the ultimate supremely confident alpha who was going to compete for the starting job against many football writer's QB1 entering the season, then you just might be a sooner 

"He beat KU by himself". Cool, he also put up only 14 against Baylor

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)