2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Idk what thread this belongs in but Venric Mark did his little night cap tweet thing today, in case it actually means anything

It’s probably about Marion but… his last job was at northwestern and that kid just hit the portal 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This guy is really good. I have no desire to debate the need for an interior DL but a lot of big programs will want Player. 

I can't remember if we passed/didn't push for Ridgeway or just lost him to Arkansas, but man we could've used a guy like him this year. I'd really like to see us add someone on the DL. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I can't remember if we passed/didn't push for Ridgeway or just lost him to Arkansas, but man we could've used a guy like him this year. I'd really like to see us add someone on the DL. 

I said this a few pages back and some people got upset. Specifically in reference to Ridgeway. 

I do agree that we probably need an edge, LB, and safety more than an interior DL. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

I said this a few pages back and some people got upset. Specifically in reference to Ridgeway. 

I do agree that we probably need an edge, LB, and safety more than an interior DL. 

Not sure we necessarily need another Safety between Allen coming very ready to play and Watts potentially bumping someone like Cook to Safety, at least not more than DL.  We need more improvement on the DL than just development can provide IMO, and if you can land a true difference maker there, then it's absolutely worth taking up a signee.  But ILD and edge are definitely the biggest needs. Seems like we have not bee pushing nearly hard enough at ILB. There have been multiple quality guys who've already entered the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We lost out on him 

• Hook 'Em 1

We need a guy who can play Jack well enough to keep Bush on the bench and allow Collins to play 3 tech where he belongs. Finkley should factor in at Jack too, but we can’t rely on him yet.

Player would be nice, but Jack and Buck are the positions of need on the front. An off ball LB or two would be nice as well. Maybe DMo can move back to safety. 

Edited by Atticus

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We need a guy who can play Jack well enough to keep Bush on the bench and allow Collins to play 3 tech where he belongs. Finkley should factor in at Jack too, but we can’t rely on him yet.

Player would be nice, but Jack and Buck are the positions of need on the front. An off ball LB or two would be nice as well. Maybe DMo can move back to safety. 

I think PK is just going to have to run a 3 DL look this year and leave Collins at DE and pray they can find some production out of one of the youngsters or Ovie takes a big step (which is ironic to say, since his biggest issue is taking a big step up the field and opening up gaps)

54 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not sure we necessarily need another Safety between Allen coming very ready to play and Watts potentially bumping someone like Cook to Safety, at least not more than DL.  We need more improvement on the DL than just development can provide IMO, and if you can land a true difference maker there, then it's absolutely worth taking up a signee.  But ILD and edge are definitely the biggest needs. Seems like we have not bee pushing nearly hard enough at ILB. There have been multiple quality guys who've already entered the portal. 

Watts will come in as a press corner on the outside according to his interviews. 

16 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I would very much like to see Kitan Crawford on the field if he doesn’t hit the portal. 

Jamison coming back might be the turd in the punch bowl for Crawford. I was also looking forward to seeing him, but I don't see him beating out Watts or Jamison for PT. 

18 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Jamison coming back might be the turd in the punch bowl for Crawford. I was also looking forward to seeing him, but I don't see him beating out Watts or Jamison for PT. 

Dont forget Barron. He was actually rated the best player in the secondary by PFF (200 snap min). If I had to pick 1 starter at CB it would be him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Jamison was already having a hard time staying on the field this year. Crawford could definitely keep him on the sidelines or push him to another spot on the field where he isn't such a liability in close coverage or run support.

• Hook 'Em 2

Watching the Bama semi, and see the younger center McLaughlin has apparently done a great job replacing the older center Dalcourt, who was injured a couple games ago. Saban doesn’t seem like a softy who will give the older guy his job back for seniority’s sake, so perhaps Dalcourt would be interested in rejoining Flood. 

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/darrian-dalcourt/7240

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Watching the Bama semi, and see the younger center McLaughlin has apparently done a great job replacing the older center Dalcourt, who was injured a couple games ago. Saban doesn’t seem like a softy who will give the older guy his job back for seniority’s sake, so perhaps Dalcourt would be interested in rejoining Flood. 

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/darrian-dalcourt/7240

I get the idea that grabbing Banks, Neto, and Cam late was a choice to take them over portal options. I am not going to hold my breathe for a OL transfer. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I get the idea that grabbing Banks, Neto, and Cam late was a choice to take them over portal options. I am not going to hold my breathe for a OL transfer. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

It really should be both. That’s a really bad idea to let true freshmen keep you from upgrading the 2022 OL. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

It really should be both. That’s a really bad idea to let true freshmen keep you from upgrading the 2022 OL. 

Depends. I was all for a youth movement year after the OSU game. I know fans hate it, but the only advantage to being a new coach is you are generally guaranteed 3 years at least. If I was a new coach it would be conference championship contender in year 1 or I am building to year 3. Splitting the middle is a bad move for a new coach. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)