2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That makes 0 sense. They just lost their OC and WR coach and you sign with a defensive HC. Just odd 

I think I read somewhere that Mumpfield wanted to stay close to that area for some reason. I get the feeling this might be pussy is undefeated type ordeal. 

Edited by texasstrong12

14 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Is Margin Hooks the new FWK? He's involved with Stewart, Armani, and Hudson, 3 of the more roller-coaster recruitments of this cycle. Now he's openly campaigning for a guy to get paid before the guy even announces anything

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Is Margin Hooks the new FWK? He's involved with Stewart, Armani, and Hudson, 3 of the more roller-coaster recruitments of this cycle. Now he's openly campaigning for a guy to get paid before the guy even announces anything

Hooks predates FWK by quite awhile, and generally speaking isn’t quite as crooked as the usual suspects, is my understanding. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hooks predates FWK by quite awhile, and generally speaking isn’t quite as crooked as the usual suspects, is my understanding. 

Nope, Margin was coaching middle school and high school ball until 2017. FWK has been doing it much longer. Lol at the last half of your statement too. You have misunderstanding.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Nope, Margin was coaching middle school and high school ball until 2017. FWK has been doing it much longer.

So your take is that guys coaching ball for a school can’t have a side hustle at the same time? Well that’s…a take.

I’ve been around these websites for awhile, and hooks is a name I’ve heard for what feels for more than 5 years. But I can’t truly confirm…

…what I CAN DO, and did do, was go to Hooks’s training website and see that it was designed and launched in 2013. And hasn’t been updated since. I guess he just went to the effort to design and build a website years in advance of him actually launching his business because he was still coaching for school. makes perfect sense. 

Or you’re way off here. Considering your general track record, I’m going with that. Btw here’s a link to Mike Roach talking about Hooks from 2016, which sort of busts up your timeline. 

https://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/11799-some-videos-from-skys-the-limit-skill-camp-today/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So your take is that guys coaching ball for a school can’t have a side hustle at the same time? Well that’s…a take.

I’ve been around these websites for awhile, and hooks is a name I’ve heard for what feels for more than 5 years. But I can’t truly confirm…

…what I CAN DO, and did do, was go to Hooks’s training website and see that it was designed and launched in 2013. And hasn’t been updated since. I guess he just went to the effort to design and build a website years in advance of him actually launching his business because he was still coaching for school. makes perfect sense. 

Or you’re way off here. Considering your general track record, I’m going with that. Btw here’s a link to Mike Roach talking about Hooks from 2016, which sort of busts up your timeline. 

https://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/11799-some-videos-from-skys-the-limit-skill-camp-today/

It’s funny how you’re arguing with me when you’ve admitted you don’t know anything. I was just with Hooks not even 30 minutes ago. I have known him for 7 years. Back when he coached at Marsh middle school and Woodrow Wilson high school with guys he trained in Tracy James and Charleston Rambo. He trained guys at the school he coached on the side but didn’t start doing it for profit and full time until 2017. Your arrogance is laughable 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

It’s funny how you’re arguing with me when you’ve admitted you don’t know anything. I was just with Hooks not even 30 minutes ago. I have known him for 7 years. Back when he coached at Marsh middle school and Woodrow Wilson high school with guys he trained in Tracy James and Charleston Rambo. He trained guys at the school he coached on the side but didn’t start doing it for profit and full time until 2017. Your arrogance is laughable 

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Tell me you’ve never started a business without telling us, etc. You can be buddies with guys and still ask the wrong questions or be ignorant of facts. 

Nice walkback on “for profit and doing it full time” to clean up your earlier false statements. So now you’re admitting he’s been coaching on the side for quite awhile now, earlier than 2017. Enough that he built a website and started a business where he lists himself as CEO in 2013.   Which means he’s probably been doing it on the side well before he decided to build a website and list himself as CEO for the business. 

by the way, I’m not sure you understand what “for profit” actually means. Perhaps you just meant “full time.” 

he may be your buddy, but that doesn’t mean you haven’t fucked up everything in translation, dipshit. For me, I’m going to go ahead and assume a renown trainer can still be influential  to kids and such even while still being a Hs coach and working his side hustle. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell me you’ve never started a business without telling us, etc. You can be buddies with guys and still ask the wrong questions or be ignorant of facts. 

Nice walkback on “for profit and doing it full time” to clean up your earlier false statements. So now you’re admitting he’s been coaching on the side for quite awhile now, earlier than 2017. Enough that he built a website and started a business where he lists himself as CEO in 2013.   Which means he’s probably been doing it on the side well before he decided to build a website and list himself as CEO for the business. 

by the way, I’m not sure you understand what “for profit” actually means. Perhaps you just meant “full time.” 

he may be your buddy, but that doesn’t mean you haven’t fucked up everything in translation, dipshit. For me, I’m going to go ahead and assume a renown trainer can still be influential  to kids and such even while still being a Hs coach and working his side hustle. 

But do you personally know him?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Again, you are arguing with me when you don’t know anything lmao. It’s truly remarkable. He came up to the school every Saturday to train guys and he made the website to give them exposure. He did it for free. He only charged for the camps he did during the summer. As his guys started going to college they’d bring their buddies back to train with him and thus the legend of Sky’s the limit and Stars under construction was born. You should learn some humility, it’ll take you far in life and you’ll probably be happier too. It seems that you have to constantly demean people and be an internet bully in order to prop yourself up find fulfillment for whatever reason and that’s okay, but you look foolish today. Choose your battles. You’re fighting the wrong one today.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Again, you are arguing with me when you don’t know anything lmao. It’s truly remarkable. He came up to the school every Saturday to train guys and he made the website to give them exposure. He did it for free. He only charged for the camps he did during the summer. As his guys started going to college they’d bring their buddies back to train with him and thus the legend of Sky’s the limit and Stars under construction was born. You should learn some humility, it’ll take you far in life and you’ll probably be happier too. It seems that you have to constantly demean people and be an internet bully in order to prop yourself up find fulfillment for whatever reason and that’s okay, but you look foolish today. Choose your battles. You’re fighting the wrong one today.

The real question is, is your buddy a bigger scumbag than FWK. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The real question is, is your buddy a bigger scumbag than FWK. 

No he actually cares about the kids lol but he Just wants them to understand their worth. All of these schools take advantage of these kids, he’s trying his best to make a difference. The term “crooked” was used earlier but in reality it’s the norm these days. He’s one of the good guys.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Thanks for confirming that Hooks has been a figure in the training scene since well before 2017, as well as charging for summer camps before 2017. I really appreciate you confirming everything I said initially about him being a presence in football training circles before 2017. It means a lot since you know the guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks for confirming that Hooks has been a figure in the training scene since well before 2017, as well as charging for summer camps before 2017. I really appreciate you confirming everything I said initially about him being a presence in football training circles before 2017. It means a lot since you know the guy. 

Ok in that case, every football coach in the state who conducts workouts at their school of employment for players at that school are trainers.

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This was the original statement that I disputed. It is categorically false. FWK started in ‘05 and Hooks started “arguably” somewhere in between the years of 2013-17.

Congrats on cutting out the “is my understanding” which, if you didn’t recognize, is an indicator that I’m not 100% positive on the subject. If you’d led with that instead of pushing some blatantly false narrative about 2017 maybe we’d be having a conversation. Contrary to your belief, I’m wrong quite often and usually am comfortable admitting as much here. And im comfortable saying I FEEL like I’ve been hearing hooks name as a renown trainer well before I remember hearing footwork king hit the scene. But that’s all it is, my feeling. Which I expressed in my posts as we went along. 

Im really sorry you decided to go down some strange rabbit hole of posting false information about how long hooks had been around based on your own perception of my post as some kind of full time gig for hooks. Or your own interpretation of what qualifies as a “trainer.” It would have been way better if you’d just said “fwk has been around since 2005.” It would have been a more effective and useful post than literally contradicting yourself repeatedly and backtracking and attempting to reframe the narrative to make it look like you’re not an idiot. Whoops. Im sure your info on you buddy is mostly accurate. I just wish your reading comprehension was the same. 

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Here's the Liucci spin on Durkin. 

Came extremely highly-recommended by Muschamp when he turned down the job.

So aggy reaches out to their conference competition for hiring recommendations? Or is loochi just trying to name drop?

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Congrats on cutting out the “is my understanding” which, if you didn’t recognize, is an indicator that I’m not 100% positive on the subject. If you’d led with that instead of pushing some blatantly false narrative about 2017 maybe we’d be having a conversation. Contrary to your belief, I’m wrong quite often and usually am comfortable admitting as much here. And im comfortable saying I FEEL like I’ve been hearing hooks name as a renown trainer well before I remember hearing footwork king hit the scene. But that’s all it is, my feeling. Which I expressed in my posts as we went along. 

Im really sorry you decided to go down some strange rabbit hole of posting false information about how long hooks had been around based on your own perception of my post as some kind of full time gig for hooks. Or your own interpretation of what qualifies as a “trainer.” It would have been way better if you’d just said “fwk has been around since 2005.” It would have been a more effective and useful post than literally contradicting yourself repeatedly and backtracking and attempting to reframe the narrative to make it look like you’re not an idiot. Whoops. Im sure your info on you buddy is mostly accurate. I just wish your reading comprehension was the same. 

fucking hell man you spit out a lot of words, multiple posts with multiple paragraphs. it’s kinda sad that you care that much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

In this case, he means it. OU has underused him.

Mims retweeted Hooks original comment so I'm assuming this is Mims trying to get let OU know that's he's serious about going to the portal so they REALLY need to come up with $$ and a real plan.

Lebby definitely feeds his best playmakers so don't think that's a problem. OU and Oklahoma fans need to put up or shut up regarding NIL.

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They coached together under Saban at LSU. 

I realize that. Loochi was just trying to spin something positive out of aggy getting turned down by jawja's co-DC. I don't think muschamp would try to help aggy out with their search.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)