2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

On 12/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

This kid picked up a Utah offer this morning. Has offers from Colorado, Kansas, Utah State, and others. 6-4 250 and looks athletic. 3 years of eligibility. Had 4 sacks this spring and 9.5 this fall.

https://ualbanysports.com/sports/football/roster/jared-verse/8417

Yeah, no one was saying we should offer this kid over 3 weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Surprised those staff members haven’t blocked him. One of the most annoying accounts on twitter. That’s the staff in all his tweets.

That one

40AcresLandLord

HookemHorns87TF

Doc_Texas

Are the four most annoying accounts that are Texas related on Twitter. On top of just being annoying as fuck and regurgiating 995 info while tagging recruits about it are the counter arguments they provide when people call them out is even more brain dead.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That one

40AcresLandLord

HookemHorns87TF

Doc_Texas

Are the four most annoying accounts that are Texas related on Twitter. On top of just being annoying as fuck and regurgiating 995 info while tagging recruits about it are the counter arguments they provide when people call them out is even more brain dead.

Doc_Texas has some bad takes but he's not nearly as terrible as these other accounts. 

Doc is a good follow. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nope. Doc drinks the kool-aid too much and I'm guessing that's the big reason you dislike him based on your posting history. He's not negative enough for you. 

He falls into the counter-argument side. When someone calls him out he's pretty fucking idiotic with his replies. 

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Hawaii’s top defensive player, linebacker Darius Muasau, enters transfer portal

By Stephen Tsai 

web1_SPT-new-mex-hawaii-20.jpg

University of Hawaii linebacker Darius Muasau scored a touchdown on a return against the New Mexico State Aggies at the Clarence T.C. Ching Complex on Oct. 23.

The University of Hawaii football team is losing its best defensive player.

Linebacker Darius Muasau, who led the Rainbow Warriors with 109 tackles this season, has entered the NCAA’s tranfer portal. His application — verified by UH compliance officer Amanda Paterson and athletic director David Matlin — was filed this morning.

It is a stunning reversal for Muasau, who told reporters on Nov. 1 he would return for a fourth UH season in 2022. Instead, Muasau became the fifth 2021 starter — and second co-captain — to depart, following quarterback Chevan Cordeiro. Two weeks ago, Cordeiro signed with San Jose State.

Running back Dae Dae Hunter transferred to Liberty and cornerback Cameron Lockridge signed with South Alabama. Last week, wideout Nick Mardner entered the portal.

This morning, Muasau tweeted: “It’s been an honor and privilege to represent the University of Hawaii. I am beyond grateful for every teammate and coach that I’ve had these past three years. I’ve created relationships and memories that I will cherish forever. I have enjoyed my time here with all of you. Thank you to my family and friends for all your support. Thank you to all the dedicated (’Bows’) fans. Your constant support will always hold a special place in my heart. Most importantly, I would like to give thanks to my Heavenly Father for the countless blessings and opportunities that he’s bestowed upon my family and I. At this time, I’d like to announce that I’ve decided to enter the transfer portal to explore other opportunities. Thank you to Hawaii for making a local boy’s dream come true. I wish the Rainbow Warrior football program continued growth and success in the years to come.”

Muasau, a 2019 Mililani High graduate, and Khoury Bethley were the heart of the Warriors’ 3-3-5 defense. Muasau was named to the Mountain West’s first team in 2021 and 2020. This season, Muasau had 64 solo tackles, including 14 backfield stops. He also had a team-high seven sacks.

--

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, Codaxx said:

The more I follow the portal, the more I believe the destination is known before they hit the portal. 

That's true with a lot of the more attractive options, although they might give the appearance of considering multiple options to help their eventual destination avoid being looked at for tampering

There are still a few of the more attractive options that are wide open recruitments who everyone wants, like this Albany DE

The former we should feel good at landing when we hear about it early, since we likely recruited them out of the portal, or won a behind the scenes recruitment battle before they hit the public market. For the latter, we'll be one of dozens or so of mid to upper tier P5 programs competing for the transfer, although perhaps we can stand out from the pack in a vacuum due to a potential NIL windfall

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Lol, if Oregon sets up same scheme that A&M had with the same architect plus others it won’t matter what USC does. 

Once NIL is up and running everywhere will the bag game have anywhere near its present influence?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)