Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

"Y'all still aren't gonna say you love us?"

No.  It ain't coming.  It didn't for aggy either.

Go have fun.

Somehow we'll manage with the greatness* of UT in our lives.

* in their own fucking mind.

Edited by slorch

Just now, cochamps said:

And the reconstituted big 12 sucks.

The reconsitituted Big XII was DOA.

now it sucks.

Bottom line is that y'all don't know how it will go, but it doesn't keep you from posting idiotic shit in a thread that's supposed to be about the leftovers.,  "Hey we're Texas.  Ya'' are still thinking about us, right?"

Not in the way you think...

How 'bout acknowledging that the departing sisters' opinions don't really make a fucking difference on the matter.  We don't care if we have your fucking endorsement.  Just leave.  LOL.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

now it sucks.

Bottom line is that y'all don't know how it will go, but it doesn't keep you from posting idiotic shit in a thread that's supposed to be about the leftovers.,  "Hey we're Texas.  Ya'' are still thinking about us, right?"

How 'bout acknowledging that the departing sisters' opinions don't really make a fucking difference on the matter.  We don't care if we have your fucking endorsement.  Just leave.  LOL.

Says the guy with 18K posts on a UT site.  lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, slorch said:

Texas fans in this thread continue the big brother act, as if aggy is here.

"Y'all just hate us because we're good."

"Nope, it's mainly because you're entitled pricks who have every advantage and think the world is against you."

Just fucking go.  Really.  Have a nice life.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

And, no mistake- if Paul Foster (by all accounts a good UT regent, but a big Baylor booster) were still on the BoR, we don’t get to go to the SEC. If Abbot were not governor, we don’t get to go. If there were any way for politicos from west Texas, FW, Waco to apply leverage to force Texas to stay in the Big XII, they would have. 

If there were any way that TT could come along, they would say “sign us up!” Without hesitation. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

And, no mistake- if Paul Foster (by all accounts a good UT regent, but a big Baylor booster) were still on the BoR, we don’t get to go to the SEC. If Abbot were not governor, we don’t get to go. If there were any way for politicos from west Texas, FW, Waco to apply leverage to force Texas to stay in the Big XII, they would have. 

If there were any way that TT could come along, they would say “sign us up!” Without hesitation. 

This is what they are really mad about.  They wanted a ticket they couldn't afford and never worked for.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Texas fans in this thread continue the big brother act, as if aggy is here.

"Y'all just hate us because we're good."

"Nope, it's mainly because you're entitled pricks who have every advantage and think the world is against you."

Just fucking go.  Really.  Have a nice life.

The irony.  

And no we’re not big brother.   We don’t claim to be related to you guys.  Now Bthoocu next year

Just now, Nivek said:

This is what they are really mad about.  They wanted a ticket they couldn't afford and never worked for.  

Yep “hey I know Texas” doesn’t get you into the club 

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yep.  Keep imagining this.

tech has sat on its laurels and not done shit. ( In your imagination)

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

It’s Lubbock.  You don’t stop hitting the pipe

Haven't lived in LBK since '01.

Y'all are the high AF fanbase seeking validation in a leftovers thread.  Insisting everyone will miss you.

The rest of us:

wolf-of-wall-street-no.gif

Edited by slorch

Just now, closetohumping said:

No.  Our ticket is punched. Don’t need you or your validation.  

Then with the insistence upon how the leftovers feel?  That's not even what the thread is about, but y'all have to LHN everythang.  LOLz.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I’d like to bring this to a vote: After the B12 title game, we lock this thread since we have nothing to do with them any more. 

OR

Maybe it’s time for a non-UT football forum

Or, we just lock Slorch so that he can only post in this thread. Seems like better solution to me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Indeed you'd have a point if I was fucking up UT threads and whatnot.

That isn't the case at all.

Nice whiff.

So your 18k posts are centered around defending your school and conference’s honor?

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Or, we just lock Slorch so that he can only post in this thread. Seems like better solution to me. 

He’s not the only one that needs to be locked in here

2 hours ago, slorch said:

"Y'all still aren't gonna say you love us?"

No.  It ain't coming.  It didn't for aggy either.

Go have fun.

Somehow we'll manage with the greatness* of UT in our lives.

* in their own fucking mind.

At least OU actually owned the conference they’re making fun of.  Had to be said.  

• Rage+1 3

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So your 18k posts are centered around defending your school and conference’s honor?

Nah.  It's much more about bourbon, beer, tits, and some wordle. oh, and my dysfunctional family.

oh and before some dumbass posts the Draper reaction meme, there are 3 separate Tech game threads on the board right now, in addition to the "Tell me about Tech thread."  Seems pretty important to y'all.  Just an observation.

Edited by slorch

Nah.  It's much more about bourbon, beer, tits, and some wordle. oh, and my dysfunctional family.

oh and before some dumbass posts the Draper reaction meme, there are 3 separate Tech game threads on the board right now, in addition to the "Tell me about Tech thread."  Seems pretty important to y'all.  Just an observation.

4bdaab276783e430cfa610dc0f199f4a.gif
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

This is interesting. I didn’t realize that some posters from other schools consider this thread to be like the embassy of some foreign country in the USA, where it is considered the sovereign territory of that foreign country and not American soil. Apparently Texas fans on a Texas site are the interlopers according to this mindset. 

Yeah, it's a little bit psychotic.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

I guess I’m fascinated by the game theory aspect of all this. In an Economics class, the prof said that the assumption most Economics is based on is “people make decisions in their own interest”. This conference realignment highlights flaws in that assumption- administrators that have a lot of power, but will only govern for a few years, make short term decisions that have negative long term implications. 
So, fans enjoy storming the field and giving shit to players. Coaches enjoy voting Texas down in a poll. ADs pressure a conference to limit promotion of the biggest brand. All decisions that have a near term benefit. Then, when Texas leaves (and it was hard- a lot of time to wait out the political situation, a lot of money), it hears, “you selfish asshole! And, hey- what about the tradition? Didn’t we have some good times?”

All of these TV ratings highlight just how much free riding was going on. 

Good post, but except the “people make decisions in their own interest” part didn’t mean people will make those decisions based on rational, long term thinking.

48 minutes ago, slorch said:

There’s 114 pages j the football forum.  Each page has over 60 posts but you think we care because there’s 4 posts devoted to your alma mater?  Ok I guess. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Haven't lived in LBK since '01.

Y'all are the high AF fanbase seeking validation in a leftovers thread.  Insisting everyone will miss you.

The rest of us:

wolf-of-wall-street-no.gif

but you won't get the fuck out of (checks notes) OUR FUCKING HOUSE you dumb fuck

but you want us to (checks notes) leave our house? but we're the obsessives?

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kwix said:

not wrong the big lebowski GIF

I kind of feel bad for the left behind crew.  If you were a rich individual in life, born with your billions, and acted like OU/UT in real life, you’d likely be universally known as a giant POS. 

But this is sports, so carry on.  Fuckkkk the leftovers and their poor asses with the rustiest of dildos!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, the irony here is that the conference spent its entire lifetime telling Texas and OU how much they sucked, how much they hated them, and how they ruined EVERYTHING (esp Texas), and then when TX and OU said “cool, then…we’re leaving,” they got all pissed at us for…abandoning them and ruining everything. So…fuck em.

Oh I agree.  It’s far from a perfect analogy.  Kind of like IL bitching about Ken Griffin then he took off to Miami and his hundreds of millions in taxes went poof.  Shit happens.  Choose your enemies wisely.  

• Like 1

I kind of feel bad for the left behind crew.  If you were a rich individual in life, born with your billions, and acted like OU/UT in real life, you’d likely be universally known as a giant POS. 

But this is sports, so carry on.  Fuckkkk the leftovers and their poor asses with the rustiest of dildos!

Remember, neither Texas nor OU took the bribe money to stay in conference. Aggy did.

Their hate is pure jealousy. And it burns them up inside. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slorch said:

now it sucks.

I think it’s just incredulity. We made you all that money for all those years. We’re I you, I’d say “thank you”. But we’re a decent fan base encumbered by whiny leaches.

I didn’t want to leave but seeing the freeloaders act true to their ignorant status has made it easier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I think it’s just incredulity. We made you all that money for all those years. We’re I you, I’d say “thank you”. But we’re a decent fan base encumbered by whiny leaches.

I didn’t want to leave but seeing the freeloaders act true to their ignorant status has made it easier.

Second paragraph is me.  OU and Texas hung in and supported the left overs as long as they possibly could.  While team after team bailed.  All the hate after the decision did make it easier.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You need to stop posting stuff that makes me like you, you dirty fucking Sooner!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4