Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Gerald Green took two god awful shots in the 2nd half but does deserve credit for that chase down block on Curry after his steal at the end of his 3rd quarter flurry. The crowd would have gone ape shit on that, and maybe his run would have carried into the 4th. Instead, he was tentative and awful--and got blocked two more times--after that point.

He took TERRIBLE shots in a row.   He did make a good defensive play and knocked the ball of a Warrior but he was brutal on offense..  D'antoni finally pulled him.

Warriors only had 14 assists last night.   That is the most telling stat.   They have been doing way too much iso with KD.   He is an incredible scorer and it's a good bet but you can't rely on it almost exclusively like they have been doing lately.    I thought that is why KD went to GSW to get away from iso ball.     They looked a lot like OKC in the 4th.

20 minutes ago, d2o said:

Warriors only had 14 assists last night.   That is the most telling stat.   They have been doing way too much iso with KD.   He is an incredible scorer and it's a good bet but you can't rely on it almost exclusively like they have been doing lately.    I thought that is why KD went to GSW to get away from iso ball.     They looked a lot like OKC in the 4th.

It was kinda different in that KD and Steph just came down and launched up deep jumper after jumper. They operate fine when the iso involves posting KD up and working out of that. However, what the warriors did is come down and clank up a bunch of long jumpers with a couple of wild Curry drives sprinkled in for good measure.

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

We'll see how the series plays out. Kerr's long game could very well work out in terms of conserving legs, but I think D'antoni stole this game simply by playing his best players more minutes. 

CP3 42 minutes, Harden 43 minutes, Tucker 44 minutes, and Ariza 41 minutes. Curry and Thompson both at 39 minutes. Granted, Thompson had the injury issue. 

Those 3 to 4 less minutes with Curry on the floor in comparison to CP3 and Harden was likely the difference in this game. Curry needs to be playing 42 to 43 minutes in these type games. Bottom line is Curry doesn't need 9 minutes of rest in a series like this. Your best players have to play. 

1. Curry is coming off of a knee injury

2. He runs all over the court on offense and tires more easily

3. Rockets are making him work HARD defensively

4. He's clearly no specimen. Physical play wears him down.

5. He hasn't played 42+ minutes in a playoff game since 2014-2015

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Ha, I was thinking the same thing last night. Isn't this exactly how OKC lost that 3-1 lead? Two superstars playing ISO ball for the last 12 minutes of each game?

So Curry shot 12-16(6-9) in both 3Qs at home, the rest of the series, 26-67(7-29). It's time people started talking about how bad he's been in this series.

Also the more I watch Green's hand to the face of Harden on the 2Q dunk, the more I'm convinced it should have been a flagrant. There was absolutely no reason for Green's off hand to end up in Harden's face. Not too mention Green used that hand to push Harden to the court. The dude is a fucking dirty ass bitch.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

It's in the warriors gameplan to make as many dirty plays as you can get away with. Oh, and then act like a little punk bitch every time someone calls you out, someone retaliates, or you get a foul called on you.

Sadly, this is a mentality KD has bought into after previously being a great, humble guy.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Also the more I watch Green's hand to the face of Harden on the 2Q dunk, the more I'm convinced it should have been a flagrant. There was absolutely no reason for Green's off hand to end up in Harden's face. Not too mention Green used that hand to push Harden to the court. The dude is a fucking dirty ass bitch.

Looking at it over and over in slow mo, it sure looks like green sees he got dunked on and then turns back to look at harden and moves his hand directly on to hardens face to shove him to the ground. It looks to me like his hand was moving naturally, and then when he turns back it changes direction to end up on harden’s face.

Whether or not he had the time to process the fact he was getting dunked on and adjust to make the retaliatory face shove or not, the most charitable interpretation is that he was planning to grab harden’s face and shove him down from the start. In either case it sure seems intentional. 

That said, it was clearly dirty but probably not worth mentioning too much beyond the obvious “he’s a dirty bitch” statement. Didn’t seem like harden got too bent out of shape about it. 

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Curry shot 12-16(6-9) in both 3Qs at home, the rest of the series, 26-67(7-29). It's time people started talking about how bad he's been in this series.

i remember the 2016 Curry who just schooled people from 30-35 feet with the dribble then drilled a 3. That was sensational, something no one had ever seen. He's dropped from that, not sure if injuries or what. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

11 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Not that it matters, but I don't think Curry got that last shot off in time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He didn't.  Also his foot might have been on the 3pt line.  Refs would've done whatever it took though had he made it...

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Warriors were disgusting on offense that 4th quarter, especially at the end. The fuck were they doing?

Getting beat.

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Warriors were disgusting on offense that 4th quarter, especially at the end. The fuck were they doing?

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

More likely they aren't used to physical play and extended minutes and got wore the fuck out.

Good point, but my point is the Rockets won and it doesn't matter how.  The Warriors didn't beat themselves.  They just weren't the better team last night.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He gets away with murder every freaking game. 

It felt like the Warriors were trying to make it Curry’s game last night. As a Rockets fan I was estatic to watch them feature Curry over Durant. They even showed the stat in the fourth with Durant not getting a FG attempt for four minutes. Durant is better than Curry, they got cocky and the Rockets proved it. 

I don’t think Durant will be worried about Curry’s feelings in game 5 and will be the Alpha offensively. GW is much more dangerous when Durant is the focus. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It felt like the Warriors were trying to make it Curry’s game last night. As a Rockets fan I was estatic to watch them feature Curry over Durant. They even showed the stat in the fourth with Durant not getting a FG attempt for four minutes. Durant is better than Curry, they got cocky and the Rockets proved it. 

I don’t think Durant will be worried about Curry’s feelings in game 5 and will be the Alpha offensively. GW is much more dangerous when Durant is the focus. 

Durant still needs Curry and Thompson to show up. Durant scoring 40 means nothing if Curry/Thompson score 30 between them at a high level of inefficiency. Golden State is already limited in how many players can actually score, so when those 2 guys are having bad games, the Warriors are going to struggle to beat the Rockets. Klay's knee injury combined with Iggy's status is going to be huge over the final 3 games. Of course, on the flip side, Paul is dealing with lower leg issues as well.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Durant still needs Curry and Thompson to show up. Durant scoring 40 means nothing if Curry/Thompson score 30 between them at a high level of inefficiency. Golden State is already limited in how many players can actually score, so when those 2 guys are having bad games, the Warriors are going to struggle to beat the Rockets. Klay's knee injury combined with Iggy's status is going to be huge over the final 3 games. Of course, on the flip side, Paul is dealing with lower leg issues as well.

100% agree. Just felt like last night he was clearly the 2nd man the offense was running through and that is on Kerr. 

Curry looked like Westbrook last night. Unstoppable for stretches, not a point guard the rest of the game. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

I want to witness the NBA timeline where Gerald Green's level of success is as high as his athletic ability and effort. Dude would be a hall of famer. 

I remember he was apart of the KG to Boston deal with big al and Ryan Gomes. He was the boom or bust wild card of the deal. He certainly busted, but blew out a cupcake in the slam dunk competition and won it... which is nice.

His hair is cool as hell tho

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

I wonder how the headlines would be if LBJ didn't make a shot for the last 7 mins of the game and only took two shots during that period AND passed on the last shot opportunity.

Those contested 18 footers sure look amazing when they go in.  But, man, does it really bog down an offense when they don't.  He's not the passer that LeBron is to facilitate when the ball goes through him. 14 assists for a Golden State team is pathetic.  Steph got hot, then, all of the sudden, the only options were "Steph iso at top of the key. If no immediate advantages are gained, chuck ball to KD with 10 seconds left.  ???.  Profit."  No one played well (offensively, at least; everyone came to play on defense except Young), and Steph's flurry only hid the fact that Houston probably should have won going away based on effort and dictating the other team's style of play.

5 hours ago, d2o said:

I wonder how the headlines would be if LBJ didn't make a shot for the last 7 mins of the game and only took two shots during that period AND passed on the last shot opportunity.

Curry has been average to abysmal in every minute of this series except the 3Qs of game 3 and game 4. Not many people are mentioning it at all.

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Those contested 18 footers sure look amazing when they go in.  But, man, does it really bog down an offense when they don't.  Steph got hot, then, all of the sudden, the only options were "Steph iso at top of the key. If no immediate advantages are gained, chuck ball to KD with 10 seconds left.  ???.  Profit." 

Exactly. The Warriors 4th quarter was equivalent to the Rockets game one play.

18 hours ago, d2o said:

Well.....Not exact scenario but I'm guessing they are gonna say he is fatigued. 

26 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Well.....Not exact scenario but I'm guessing they are gonna say he is fatigued. 

That little rant he went on against player tracking metrics was so damn obnoxious.  Really LeBron, you're as tired as anyone after games? Are Al Horford and the baby Celtics making you play a few minutes of playoff intensity defense for the first time all season?  Over in the Varsity Conference, they're struggling to find 6 guys who can play 48 minutes of near-perfect, focused, lock down defense, lest the other team blows them out by 30.  But playing one half somewhat hard each game before your team decides whether or not to throw in the towel must be tough.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That little rant he went on against player tracking metrics was so damn obnoxious.  Really LeBron, you're as tired as anyone after games? Are Al Horford and the baby Celtics making you play a few minutes of playoff intensity defense for the first time all season?  Over in the Varsity Conference, they're struggling to find 6 guys who can play 48 minutes of near-perfect, focused, lock down defense, lest the other team blows them out by 30.  But playing one half somewhat hard each game before your team decides whether or not to throw in the towel must be tough.

It's hard doing it all yourself. He needs to go to Houston or Philly, so we can be guaranteed more "rested Lebron" in the playoffs for years to come.

42 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

It's hard doing it all yourself. He needs to go to Houston or Philly, so we can be guaranteed more "rested Lebron" in the playoffs for years to come.

I don't disagree.  But I also think [I know] that he's really good at controlling his own narrative, and he absolutely LOVES the "LeBron is carrying this group of bums, at his age, doing everything, and killing himself out there" talk.  It's why the "he played all 82 games 15 years in" bullet point was so important to him...even though he still managed to take an entire month off from competitive basketball in January.  And it's why he snapped at analytics saying that maybe he's not exerting quite the amount of effort that he'd like us to believe (even though that's not necessarily what the data says).

Gerald Green took two god awful shots in the 2nd half but does deserve credit for that chase down block on Curry after his steal at the end of his 3rd quarter flurry. The crowd would have gone ape shit on that, and maybe his run would have carried into the 4th. Instead, he was tentative and awful--and got blocked two more times--after that point.
He took open elbow 3s... those are his shot. He just missed... badly.

40 minutes ago, Snacks said:
On 5/22/2018 at 11:59 PM, aggie08 said:

He took open elbow 3s... those are his shot. He just missed... badly.

he also took them with like 23 seconds on the shot clock at a very crucial time in the game.