Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Four Rockets players played 40+ minutes. PJ Tucker led the way with 44. He didn't score much, but he was awesome on the boards and on defense.

So damn ballsy of D'Antoni to basically say, "Here's the 6 guys I trust; we're going to win or lose with them." It burned him last postseason, but what choice do you really have against Golden State?

That was the best playoff game I've ever seen Harden play, and I don't give a shit that he was gassed in the 2nd half. He single-handedly kept the first half from becoming a rout, and battled his ass off on defense all game, after being a pushover all series. Two more games like that, and Vegas is going to lose a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So damn ballsy of D'Antoni to basically say, "Here's the 6 guys I trust; we're going to win or lose with them." It burned him last postseason, but what choice do you really have against Golden State?

That was the best playoff game I've ever seen Harden play, and I don't give a shit that he was gassed in the 2nd half. He single-handedly kept the first half from becoming a rout, and battled his ass off on defense all game, after being a pushover all series. Two more games like that, and Vegas is going to lose a lot of money.

Can't disagree

is there that much money on Houston?

10 minutes ago, Snacks said:
16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'd guess so.  It's the smart bet.  Worth throwing a few hundred, at least, if that's your thing.  You get jack shit betting on the Warriors.

16 minutes ago, Snacks said:
22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

i have no idea what the overall numbers are, but i did see on twitter today that one of the book's took a $50,000 bet on the rockets to win the title at 10-1 this morning/afternoon.

Edited by BigOrange1

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No more rep to give. What a game. Even with the china doll treatment from the refs. 

Gerald Green took two god awful shots in the 2nd half but does deserve credit for that chase down block on Curry after his steal at the end of his 3rd quarter flurry. The crowd would have gone ape shit on that, and maybe his run would have carried into the 4th. Instead, he was tentative and awful--and got blocked two more times--after that point.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Warriors were disgusting on offense that 4th quarter, especially at the end. The fuck were they doing?

Blame Kerr with his rotations. Started the 4th with no Durant and then put Curry on the bench for a few minutes in the 4th. 

Kerr gets entirely too cute with his rotations to the point of almost trying to prove  that he can win with his coaching. 

This game was lights out if Kerr starts the 4th with both Durant/Curry and keeps his best two players on the court together for the majority of the 4th. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Gerald Green took two god awful shots in the 2nd half but does deserve credit for that chase down block on Curry after his steal at the end of his 3rd quarter flurry. The crowd would have gone ape shit on that, and maybe his run would have carried into the 4th. Instead, he was tentative and awful--and got blocked two more times--after that point.

He also suffocated Durant during crunch time in the 4th quarter. Incredible defense that nobody on the planet saw coming. 

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Blame Kerr with his rotations. Started the 4th with no Durant and then put Curry on the bench for a few minutes in the 4th. 

Kerr gets entirely too cute with his rotations to the point of almost trying to prove a point he can win with his coaching. 

Both KD and Steph played the entire 3rd quarter.  I've never seen Kerr do that before, but I guess he was trying to milk the run they had going for as long as he could.  He wasn't going to leave either of them in for the entire 2nd half--and damn sure wasn't going to pull them both out together--so he had no choice but to try to steal some rest for them in the 4th by staggering them early. 

But it's hard to blame Kerr for them both sucking and chucking up bricks in the 4th, and the team only scoring 12 points.  They needed 16 points in a quarter to win the NBA Championship, and the players couldn't get it done.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

But it's hard to blame Kerr for them both sucking and chucking up bricks in the 4th, and the team only scoring 12 points. 

You don't blame Kerr for putting Curry on the bench when he was on fire? 

Kerr is way too conservative with Curry IMO. Play your best players this deep in the playoffs especially when those players are on fire from 3. 

Kerr should have gone for the kill to start the 4th quarter. If Durant and Curry started the 4th this game would have been over. In tight series good players have to play big minutes. 

Edited by texasstrong12

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You don't blame Kerr for putting Curry on the bench when he was on fire? 

Kerr is way too conservative with Curry IMO. Play your best players this deep in the playoffs especially when those players are on fire from 3. 

Kerr should have gone for the kill to start the 4th quarter. If Durant and Curry started the 4th this game would have been over. 

Like you said, Curry started the 4th quarter after playing the entire 3rd. He went missed jumper, blocked layup, assist on Livingston's dunk, blocked jumper before he was pulled two minutes in. He hadn't played more than 12 minutes consecutively all season until then.

Kerr should have pulled KD late in the 3rd, and let him start the 4th quarter with fresh legs (incredibly hard to do in the middle of a run).

Neither guy looked particularly springy down the stretch, even with the rest, so hard to say how much playing them all 2nd half would have helped.

Edited by aggie08

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Like you said, Curry started the 4th quarter after playing the entire 3rd. He went missed jumper, blocked layup, assist on Livingston's dunk, blocked jumper before he was pulled two minutes in. He hadn't played more than 12 minutes consecutively all season until then.

Kerr should have pulled KD late in the 3rd, and let him start the 4th quarter with fresh legs (incredibly hard to do in the middle of a run).

Neither guy looked particularly springy down the stretch, even with the rest, so hard to say how much playing them all 2nd half would have helped.

We'll see how the series plays out. Kerr's long game could very well work out in terms of conserving legs, but I think D'antoni stole this game simply by playing his best players more minutes. 

CP3 42 minutes, Harden 43 minutes, Tucker 44 minutes, and Ariza 41 minutes. Curry and Thompson both at 39 minutes. Granted, Thompson had the injury issue. 

Those 3 to 4 less minutes with Curry on the floor in comparison to CP3 and Harden was likely the difference in this game. Curry needs to be playing 42 to 43 minutes in these type games. Bottom line is Curry doesn't need 9 minutes of rest in a series like this. Your best players have to play. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1