Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

43 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm legitimately concerned. It appears competent adults could be running aggy. 1) They fired Jimbo after a win/before another guaranteed win against ACU. He'd go all out to beat LSU and get himself another year. They stopped his momentum before he could start campaigning. 2) Their top choice appears to be DeBoer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm legitimately concerned. It appears competent adults could be running aggy. 1) They fired Jimbo after a win/before another guaranteed win against ACU. He'd go all out to beat LSU and get himself another year. They stopped his momentum before he could start campaigning. 2) Their top choice appears to be DeBoer. 

I don’t see any connections of DeBoer to Collie Station? UW is > A&M; Seattle is > College Station; B1 = SEC 

What kind of salary is DeBoer on? Can’t UW just match any offer?

Just now, BigDSteve said:

I don’t see any connections of DeBoer to Collie Station? UW is > A&M; Seattle is > College Station; B1 = SEC 

What kind of salary is DeBoer on? Can’t UW just match any offer?

DeBoer has a $10 million buyout. 

Gerry says DeBoer is their top choice. 

Nahlin says Lanning. 

Either would be a problem. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Thamel says : Kiffin, Elko, Norvell, Lanning, Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kingsbury, and DeBoer. 

Please God let it be Kliff. Traylor also sucks, but not a bad list. 

If Joey Freshwater moved to BCG after all the shit he has talked about Jimbo Fisher, the comedy would be off the chartsspacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38880082/jimbo-fisher-expected-fired-texas-sources-confirm

Fisher will be owed $76 million upon his firing, according to sources, which is a record amount for a buyout paid to a head coach. That number is more than double the known buyout paid to a fired college head coach.

Confirmed aggy is still going full retard.

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine a world where a&m thinks they’re going to get a big name hire without another Jimbo Fisher level contract. 

Traylor is a guy who will take less to coach there because he wants to fucking win and knows he’d probably retire to become governor if he wins at a&m.

Agree on that. Not a chance they're getting a Lanning/Deboer type. People around the UTSA program have always said Traylor only really wants Texas or A&M and I expect he'll be the coach. Would be hilariously Aggie if they hire Kingsbury. 

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Thamel says : Kiffin, Elko, Norvell, Lanning, Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kingsbury, and DeBoer. 

why would they make this move now unless they had someone at least in advanced negotiations?  I guess they are who they are so there's no telling why they do the dumb shit that they do, but still.

And I find it hard to believe that Lanning or DeBoer would even be discussing anything (even through agents) in the midst of a CFP run.  Same with Norvell.  It's very on brand for them to just assume they could get a guy who is literally in the middle of a top 5 national championship season to even listen to their bleating. (except as a way to get leverage for a raise at their current place)

Elko makes sense, not a splash hire but he has already been there and seems to be doing well at Duke although he has cooled off from his white hot start to the season.  Solid guy who has already been subjected to their weirdness, wouldn't be cheap but wouldn't be in the same stratosphere as what it would take to lure a DeBoer, Norvell or Lanning away from their respective great situations.  Makes almost too much sense, which is why it probably won't happen.

Klieman and Traylor also make sense but are not splashes, which again begs the question of why now?  Also Klieman seems like he might be one of these program loyalty guys who stay at K-State for like 15 years to me.

Kiffin would be funny, I doubt he would do it because it seems like he doesn't like A&M or their culture.  But he has been nothing if not a mercenary in his career, so who knows?

Kingsbury would be really funny, and the kind of hire I could see them trumpeting.  "NFL coach! Knows not to walk on the grass! Offensive genius! Ray Bans!".  but it's too funny to hope for.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Agree on that. Not a chance they're getting a Lanning/Deboer type. People around the UTSA program have always said Traylor only really wants Texas or A&M and I expect he'll be the coach. Would be hilariously Aggie if they hire Kingsbury. 

Kingsbury would be maximum lulz. He was sub-.500 with an NFL HOF QB for 3 years. He has no idea how to manage a roster. 

Flexing : 

With the buyout, and the buyout of assistants, and hiring a new coach AND their assistants, this is probably, and possibly conservatively, going to cost A&M $150 million. And they're ready to do it.

·
Views

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I'm guessing the roster was about to implode with all the players quitting. This was seen as the only way to save the roster

but how does it save the roster unless they have a good hire already on deck?  

"Hold tight in the face of many other offers at places where there are already successful coaching staffs in place, we promise we'll have a great coach announced soon!"

I mean at best I can see some commits not immediately jumping ship and I guess that's all they can hope for at this point, a drowning man will flail around desperately at any tiny sliver of hope.  

you hate to see it.

3 minutes ago, Jebus said:

"Hold tight in the face of many other offers at places where there are already successful coaching staffs in place, we promise we'll have a great coach announced soon!"

I mean at best I can see some commits not immediately jumping ship and I guess that's all they can hope for at this point, a drowning man will flail around desperately at any tiny sliver of hope.  

you hate to see it.

Their roster and recruiting class will get picked clean. Their only hope is that their new coach will have enough good players to bring with him to offset it. They will be ass for the next 1-2 years most likely. If they make a good hire they may be pretty good after that. Otherwise, more hilarity will ensue.

Edited by Bevo14

10 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Their roster and recruiting class will get picked clean. Their only hope is that their new coach will have enough good players to bring with him to offset it. They will be ass for the next 1-2 years most likely. If they make a good hire they may be pretty good after that. Otherwise, more hilarity will ensue.

What happened at the last school that Jimbo left?  
IMG_2168.thumb.jpeg.ce055cf4f2a9931d55b211612117aa7d.jpeg

The Taggert years are next for aggy. Nothing in their historical records indicates they’ll ever rebound like 2022-23 FSU. 

41 minutes ago, Jebus said:

you hate to see it.

How many defensive players did they sign when they didn't have a DC.  "Here's some cash, don't worry it'll be a slam dunk hire"

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

DeBoer has a $10 million buyout. 

Gerry says DeBoer is their top choice. 

Nahlin says Lanning. 

Either would be a problem. 

can't imagine Lanning leaves the current job he has, in season, for A&M. he's no dummy. plus Oregon is going to match almost anything.

DeBoer makes a lot of sense, but then again the guy has never coached west of Indiana and Washington has every reason under the sun to match/pay him a ton. plus he isn't leaving his job in season when they are in the hunt for the CFP.

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

can't imagine Lanning leaves the current job he has, in season, for A&M. he's no dummy. plus Oregon is going to match almost anything.

DeBoer makes a lot of sense, but then again the guy has never coached west of Indiana and Washington has every reason under the sun to match/pay him a ton. plus he isn't leaving his job in season when they are in the hunt for the CFP.

I'm not sure about that or its relevance to his interests in A&M

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

the absolute most A&M move ever would be to nuke Jimbo into the sun only to hire Coach Bro.

MIKE Norvell??? lol yeah because the last time they went to that well it worked so well. bad Naritiv (shout out Hamm)

if Elko turns them down then we know how shit the job really is after he was in the house for a couple of years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TommyGufano said:

I'm not sure about that or its relevance to his interests in A&M

it's relevant to him actually leaving.

also, Washington has B10 money, and is in the CFP hunt.

dudes don't leave jobs for other jobs when they can win a national championship, are top 5 and are undefeated.

Just now, NoName said:

it's relevant to him actually leaving.

also, Washington has B10 money, and is in the CFP hunt.

dudes don't leave jobs for other jobs when they can win a national championship, are top 5 and are undefeated.

I agree with the last line.

But every job he's had is west of Indiana, and College State is also west of Indiana

9 minutes ago, nnm said:

IMG_2172.thumb.jpeg.a82550719c75779b6d7eadb673ad9519.jpeg

headshrinker already announced it. He has an ag tag and everything. 

A month huh.  So around the time they lost to bama to go 4-2 or the next week when they lost to Tennessee to go to 4-3. I guess that could fit.  Time to shore up sourcing the money, then take it to BOR when you can tell them where the money is coming from. Announce as early as possible to give it time to settle with players/recruits to mitigate an announcement right before early signing day, or definitely one after signing day that would open a window for signees to  climb out. 

when they make a coaching change, there’s always some level of trepidation that they will stumble upon the right mix of coaching and cheating that will overcome their institutional hubris, but it never seems to happen other than a flash in the pan season here and there that results in an almost. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1