Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

No just a 50+ year old guy, that’s been tuned into TXHS FB my whole life. But as I stated, it’s just my opinion.

Years ago when Mack had troubles with Defense, and just let go of Many _iaz, I stated that he just needed to go to Katy and hire Gary Joseph, which was probably the best “defensive mind” in all of TXHS FB. Double his salary and get this shit figured out. Gary had seen all the latest of trends with, the Texas Spread/RPO, with his teams and TXHS football and could “scheme wise” shut that down! For almost a decade, the Horns just had players “out of place,” regardless of ability. Sometimes sane minds don’t think alike.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

How I pictured the conversation:

"Honey, what about us going back to College Station? Jimbo was fired and they..."

"If you move us back to that shithole I will smother you in your sleep."

"So you and the kids are very happy at Duke. Got it. Thanks babe."

Let me tell you how it really went... 

"Woman, we're about to catch 9 G'd." 

"What?" 

"Bitch, I said we finna run the Woodlands!" 

"What?" 

"Say. What. Again. I dare you. I double dare you. Say what one more time! We are about to cash $100M dollars, babe!" 

"What!?" 

"Fuck it." 

49 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

No just a 50+ year old guy, that’s been tuned into TXHS FB my whole life. But as I stated, it’s just my opinion.

Years ago when Mack had troubles with Defense, and just let go of Many _iaz, I stated that he just needed to go to Katy and hire Gary Joseph, which was probably the best “defensive mind” in all of TXHS FB. Double his salary and get this shit figured out. Gary had seen all the latest of trends with, the Texas Spread/RPO, with his teams and TXHS football and could “scheme wise” shut that down! For almost a decade, the Horns just had players “out of place,” regardless of ability. Sometimes sane minds don’t think alike.

Hook’em!!!

Speaking of high school minds, Sark needs to have a nice 200-250k position ready to go for Surratt once his kid is done with HS in 3 years. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

A nice Carthage connection would be nice.

If I’m the new aggy HC, I’d hire both Coach Surratt and Gary Joseph as Offense/Defense “analyst”. Let them both retire from TX public schools, then play them each 500K annually to straighten this shit out.

Hell, after two plus years in the SEC, if the Horns are mediocre at best, the same applies to us!

Hook’em!!!

3 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

If this was 25 years ago, I would agree with you. But the game has changed, and if you want to win NC's, you've got to run a national program. Look at the classes of all the programs we want to compete with. 

Imo, it's much more important these days for a coach to be able to navigate all the unique aspects of the modern game (NIL, portal) than an intimate history with the state HS football scene. If you are good at building relationships, that's all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Slacks said:

"What?" 

"What?" 

"Say. What. Again. I dare you. I double dare you. Say what one more time! We are about to cash $100M dollars, babe!" 

"What!?" 

"Fuck it." 

image.png.957e529aa6c1f3fbca53899f754bbf1b.png

8 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

If this was 25 years ago, I would agree with you. But the game has changed, and if you want to win NC's, you've got to run a national program. Look at the classes of all the programs we want to compete with. 

Imo, it's much more important these days for a coach to be able to navigate all the unique aspects of the modern game (NIL, portal) than an intimate history with the state HS football scene. If you are good at building relationships, that's all that matters. 

A coach may know Texas HS football, but can he recruit kids from coast to coast to big time P5 football, without him having first hand knowledge of what that is? Buy kids? Yes, that's easy. Sell kids on a vision, to work & watch & learn & wait until they're ready? Not quite as easy. 

Sark & CDC had to overhaul Texas Football from top to bottom, admin offices, alumni, leaks to the press, entitlement culture, relationships with former players, ad nauseam.  That took a lot of energy, knowledge, organization, and interpersonal skills that are best learned on the job. If the coach doesn't have that skill set, the Athletic Director better.  Sark & CDC both brought the benefit of their experiences to Texas. 

Advantage Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Exactly, the gist of the strategy today is going for the absolute best nationally, use the Texas brand for a legacy kid, or a kid that was a fan since youth (like Arch), but relationship with Texas HS coaches is at the bottom of the pile in terms of requirements.

14 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I hope Traylor takes the Arky or Miss State job, so if he does “well” there, and God forbids Sark Fng flames out in two years of the SEC, we can go get Traylor and bring him home! It has to be quick though as he’ll be hitting 60 in age by then! You want your “successful” Coach to have 10+ years in your program.

Hook’em!!!

Texas has 3 coaches in their entire history who were here 10 seasons (being careful and saying 10 games x 10 seasons = 100 total games coached)

• DKR had 219
  • Mack had 206
  • Fred Akers has 116
  • next was Dana X Bible at 97
  • John Mackovic at 71

quick look at some other programs - LSU has 3, then a drop down to the 70s. A&M has 3 (includes Dana Bible who has to be the only coach who will have 100+ games at 2 schools) - then a drop off to 81. OU has 4, then they drop off to the high 60s. USC has 4 then 1 in the 90s then 1 in the 70s. Notre Dame has 5 who were there 10+ years. Michigan has 5 (including 1 at 100 on the nose), then 2 in the 90s, then a drop to the 60s. tOSU has 5, then 1 in the 90s then next is Ryan Day in the 60s.

Nebraskas wiki list is not formatted like everyone else and im too lazy to do the math.

my point: getting 10 years out of any coach is not reasonable anymore.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slacks said:

"What?" 

"What?" 

"What!?" 

"Fuck it." 

Let me translate that:

Him: I am moving to CS, it sucks but I am getting paid enough to do it.  

Her: How much?  I don't think I want to live there.

Him: I'm OK with that. 

Her: oh, that much....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasserman loves him some water carrying for aggy

I like the "rock star head coach" thing, and hope he has aggy insiders and didn't just make that up on his own.

This means they definitely won't do the sensible thing and hire someone like Traylor or Lieopold.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

At least he’s consistent. He called aggy a top 5 job on his podcast as well. It’s not even  a top 5 job in the current 14 team SEC. 

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wasserman loves him some water carrying for aggy

His wife is an Aggie and he's from out of state, so I assume he just gets fed a load of bullshit from all her friends and their husbands. 

He's also a poor man's Skip Bayless who makes his bread saying dumb shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

His wife is an Aggie and he's from out of state, so I assume he just gets fed a load of bullshit from all her friends and their husbands. 

He's also a poor man's Skip Bayless who makes his bread saying dumb shit.

I believe Ari went to Arizona. He spent 10 years covering Ohio State. He’s a pretty big Buckeye fan. He also really likes Notre Dame. He could give shit about UA.

Yes his wife is an aggy and appears to be either be a red ass or comes from a red ass family. They  live in DFW so he’s overwhelmingly sympathetic to aggy.

He’s also been extremely high on Texas from the summer previews until now. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you mean "The Athletic" loves carrying the water for aTm. After all, they're in a pretty deep partnership with Texags, which means they're in a pretty deep partnership with the Aggie Athletic Department. 

I thought that was the briefest of "partnerships," lasted all of a year or so and ended many years ago.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I thought that was the briefest of "partnerships," lasted all of a year or so and ended many years ago.

I had an inkling of that when I made the post, but I looked for an announcement, and didn't find one, and Olin Buchanon was still getting articles on there not so long ago. But who cares, you think any company can wash the Aggie out of their system?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I had an inkling of that when I made the post, but I looked for an announcement, and didn't find one, and Olin Buchanon was still getting articles on there not so long ago. But who cares, you think any company can wash the Aggie out of their system?

No, you're probably right. Case-in-point -- I will not buy Blue Bell ice cream under any circumstance.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elko 80%, Traylor 10%, Dabo 9%, Hugh Freeze 1%. 

From what I've heard there is a contingent that really likes Traylor and another contingent that really doesn't want him. Meanwhile just about everyone seems okay with Elko even if he isn't their top choice. So I predict the compromise candidate will win. 

The 1% for Freeze is because I heard he reached out to them on Monday and I actually think that would be a spectacular hire for the Aggies, even with all the baggage and drama it would cause, but I don't buy his interest in leaving Auburn after just one year being legitimate. 

I mean, he’s already there and how much does he make?  He just witnessed a cuck basically get paid 20M a year to work for those dumbfucks…

he’s got to be thinking “If I play my cards right and put in 5 more solid years I can do all the hookers and blow I can handle for the rest of my life and still have money left over for the kids and grandkids”

Edited by Treefidy
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you mean "The Athletic" loves carrying the water for aTm. After all, they're in a pretty deep partnership with Texags, which means they're in a pretty deep partnership with the Aggie Athletic Department. 

that ended in like May 2020 just for what it's worth. when they were still owned by the original owners, before they sold to NYT

Wasserman is just a general meathead.

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

his last article there was posted 5/20/2020

https://theathletic.com/author/olin-buchanan-texags/

it looks like they signed the agreement in July 2019 and as far as i can tell the last article shared from texags there was that 5/2020 article.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

I was wondering if Elko would help keep together the remainder of the 2022 class because he recruited them. Now I see that he has been at Duke since 2021. There are a lot of Aggie players that don't know him at all.

I'd like to know how Weigman is doing and what he's thinking about doing. He isn't the savior they think he is, but he's got talent and some experience.