Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

20 minutes ago, nnm said:

IMG_2172.thumb.jpeg.a82550719c75779b6d7eadb673ad9519.jpeg

headshrinker already announced it. He has an ag tag and everything. 

Elko would be a great hire for them IMHO. He's the first coach since Spurrier to have a winning record (overall) at Duke. The only question is whether or not Elko wants the aggy job or somewhere else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Thamel says : Kiffin, Elko, Norvell, Lanning, Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kingsbury, and DeBoer. 

Please God let it be Kliff. Traylor also sucks, but not a bad list. 

No way in hell they hire Klieman, he’s 0-6 vs Texas, even if he is a really good coach his record vs Texas would be way to much for them to swallow.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's relevant to him actually leaving.

also, Washington has B10 money, and is in the CFP hunt.

dudes don't leave jobs for other jobs when they can win a national championship, are top 5 and are undefeated.

Not to mention Debore is in talk for NFL jobs!! Lanning imo would be the best hire plus I do believe he would prefer the SEC, 

another job that we need to keep an eye on: Michigan 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

As a Duke football fan (we exist), the big question mark around Elko is whether he can field an offense without Riley Leonard… Leonard is truly phenomenal and a big component of his success at Duke.

So as a Duke fan what is your estimation of the chances that elko would leave for A&M?  And how hard would Duke fight to keep him?  What are his contract and buyout numbers like? 

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:
There is a concerning amount of self awareness in that thread.

They've been on the verge of sentience for a while now. Thankfully for us eventually the aggy mindset prevails even for the odd aggy who shows intelligence and self awareness.

They use those posts to identify the ones who should be purged 

43 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

As a Duke football fan (we exist), the big question mark around Elko is whether he can field an offense without Riley Leonard… Leonard is truly phenomenal and a big component of his success at Duke.

Loftis looked pretty good last night against UNC.  

Looking at Elko physically last night, I worry about his health going forward. That guy is carrying a ton of bad weight. He’s bigger than Mack by a lot at a much younger age. He’s not in Mangino at KU territory yet, but he’s at least Chris Christie (no CR) or Bob Huggins size. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Elko has beaten nobody at Duke. I mean nobody. I think he's now either 0-4 or 0-5 against top 25 teams based on ESPN efficiency rankings. 

Actually, I think he might have 1 top 25 win now as Clemson is ranked #25 but will probably still fall out of the top 25. Elko has been beating up on sisters of the poor in the ACC. I hope aggy hires him. 

Looch’s podcast pretty much confirmed my assumptions. There was growing concern with the anti-Jimbo crowd that he would beat LSU and save his job. They wanted to kill his momentum before he could start politicking. 

Looch said Ole Miss loss was the tipping point for the anti-Jimbo crowd. He also said the anti-Jimbo crowd tried to push him out last year, but they didn’t have enough support. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Any chance Arkansas hires jimbo (at half the cost) and he starts beating aggy consistently?

I think Jimbo’s head coaching career is probably behind him now. Maybe his coaching career in general. TV analyst Jimbo would need an interpreter. He needed that contract. Now he can voyeur his ass off in private and count his aggy retirement money.

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch’s podcast pretty much confirmed my assumptions. There was growing concern with the anti-Jimbo crowd that he would beat LSU and save his job.

LSU has scored 52, 28, 62, 48, 49, and 49 points in the last 6 games. 

Their defense is bad but it seems highly unlikely that aggy's 3rd string QB is going to be able to keep up with LSU's offense on the road. If they were willing to have instability for 2 to 3 weeks out of fear of beating LSU that is a terrible fucking decision. 

59 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Elko has beaten nobody at Duke. I mean nobody. I think he's now either 0-4 or 0-5 against top 25 teams based on ESPN efficiency rankings. 

Actually, I think he might have 1 top 25 win now as Clemson is ranked #25 but will probably still fall out of the top 25. Elko has been beating up on sisters of the poor in the ACC. I hope aggy hires him. 

It has to be said, Duke is traditionally a little sister of the poor. Beating the hell out of their peers and hanging with FSU is something only Cutcliffe and Elko have done.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It has to be said, Duke is traditionally a little sister of the poor. Beating the hell out of their peers and hanging with FSU is something only Cutcliffe and Elko have done.

Key word is traditionally. 

A decent coach can beat these type of teams. It's the same thing that got aggy in trouble with Jimbo. Beating those shit teams in the ACC doesn't mean much other than your coach is a step above shitty programs. 

5 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I think Jimbo’s head coaching career is probably behind him now. Maybe his coaching career in general. TV analyst Jimbo would need an interpreter. He needed that contract. Now he can voyeur his ass off in private and count his aggy retirement money.

If Brown has a down year next year he might get the Mack-style homecoming pre-retirement gig at WVU 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

LSU has scored 52, 28, 62, 48, 49, and 49 points in the last 6 games. 

Their defense is bad but it seems highly unlikely that aggy's 3rd string QB is going to be able to keep up with LSU's offense on the road. If they were willing to have instability for 2 to 3 weeks out of fear of beating LSU that is a terrible fucking decision. 

Looch won’t say it, but it he hints at quite a bit of instability behind the scenes. If they had a permanent president and full time chancellor, I doubt the anti-Jimbo would have the balls to clip him. Bjork and the TexAgs crazies appear to running things. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, texifornia said:

If Brown has a down year next year he might get the Mack-style homecoming pre-retirement gig at WVU 

I thought about that. It could happen I guess. What makes me hesitate is that after seeing how he ruined FSU and was given everything he ever wanted at aggy with regard to support and bag money and top recruits, etc. and still falls on his face that I have my doubts that anyone, including WVU would hire him as a head coach. However, I guess you can never underestimate the ability of some programs willingness to one-up another with regard to stupidity

Standard aggy delusion when it's probably the complete opposite. They're terrified of Texas coming to the SEC next season while Texas is currently 9-1 and in the playoff picture. 

That’s pretty funny how “Texas is shaking in their boots” right now. Only aggy to come up with that script/mindset.

Hook’em!!!