Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Guys Mark Emerts dog groomer told me himself that "A&M is doing it the right way" he also said that TU was cheating but ESPiN was blocking them from doing anything. They are gonna ruin the SEC and Sankey will rue the day they didn't uphold the verbal agreement with TAMU who he says have the friendliest fans and were so welcoming when he went to the Alabama game

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

I don't do criminal work but -

I think the charge is probably DUI and not DWI despite the reports.  DUI is driving under the influence.  That can be alcohol, marijuana, pills, etc.  If he was impaired the charges will stick but it is going to be hard to prove he was impaired if he was under the legal limit unless he acted like an idiot on body cam or police station video. 

This is simply inaccurate. There is a charge called DUI in Texas but it’s a no tolerance alcohol charge for minors operating a motor vehicle.

DWI in Texas is driving while intoxicated. Intoxication is defined as not having the normal use of mental OR physical faculties by introduction of drugs, alcohol, or any other substance…OR having a BAC of 0.08 or higher.

So you can be intox for dwi and under the bac limit. You can drink a quart of motor oil and drive and if that made you lose your normal mental or physical faculties then you are dwi. You can be drinking and blow under .08 but have smoked a ton of weed and lost normal use. Hell you can only have drank alcohol, blow under, and have lost normal use (technically).

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ah, the ole’ Reputation of the SEC. Pure as a virgin in a white dress on her wedding day. We can never led that fine lady be sullied!

We were playing in the branch and tu squatted down and got her dress wet and her drawers were muddy!

• Haha 1

Nothing says “trying to breathe relevance” like giving your coach a fake national championship trophy to help him understand why you gave him a fully guaranteed, nearly nine-figure contract..

A pretty succinct euphemism for the aggie condition.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, SamMan said:

Nothing says “trying to breathe relevance” like giving your coach a fake national championship trophy to help him understand why you gave him a fully guaranteed, nearly nine-figure contract..

A pretty succinct euphemism for the aggie condition.

The saddest thing about the fake natty plaque was that it was presented to Bitz during a ceremony honoring the Commerce coach who actually won a national championship. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s baffling to me, still, that the aggy future state is always glory despite no history of it, while the longhorn future state is always 5-7 and losing to Kansas despite plenty of history saying that doesn’t have to stay that way. 

I know. They're so convinced they will have a great season and some even seem sure they'll beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. 

They could quite possibly lose the same four games they lost last year and get trounced by the Tide. They've got a new QB and new DC. Las Vegas sees four losses. I can see having hopes of a great season, but I can't see the certitude.

I said this in another thread yesterday, but the fact that Jimbo says he doesn't know a thing about his players NIL from last year is a huge red flag. Saban at media days broke down how much in total NIL was paid to his guys, how many players received it, and he knew in what amounts each guy got paid. A legitimate NIL program will have that kind of transparency. Jimbo distancing himself from all things "NIL" means he knows they fucked up and the shit could come crashing down. 

They complain about Bo Davis telling a kid he will get $50K guaranteed to play here. Well, that's called Sack Lunch NIL program. All above board, all fully transparent and accounted for. All guys on the line get that same amount. But yet their posters are saying we are going to blow up our locker room. What blows up a locker room is when a guy is promised some shit, and then doesn't get his shit, and he is pretty openly supposed to be making hundreds of thousands more than other guys in his position group anyway before he has taken a snap. The only guy on our roster that you could say is that way currently is Ewers, but we all know he is going to be our starter from the moment he signed. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I said this in another thread yesterday, but the fact that Jimbo says he doesn't know a thing about his players NIL from last year is a huge red flag. Saban at media days broke down how much in total NIL was paid to his guys, how many players received it, and he knew in what amounts each guy got paid. A legitimate NIL program will have that kind of transparency. Jimbo distancing himself from all things "NIL" means he knows they fucked up and the shit could come crashing down. 

Jimbo did eventually say compliance told him only 1 freshman had a NIL deal.  I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse. 

He's been all over the map on his NIL messaging since Saban called him out.

3 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

o you can be intox for dwi and under the bac limit. You can drink a quart of motor oil and drive and if that made you lose your normal mental or physical faculties then you are dwi. You can be drinking and blow under .08 but have smoked a ton of weed and lost normal use. Hell you can only have drank alcohol, blow under, and have lost normal use (technically).

That you, Art?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FYKC8_QWAAA6JjT?format=jpg&name=medium

10+ win season?

guaranteeing something they have done one in the last 20 years (5%) certainly is bold. they have only won 10 games twice since the Big 12 was a thing (7.7%)

if you want a good laugh, 10 win seasons by decade for Texas A&M:

• 00s: 0/10
  • 10s: 1/10
  • 20s: 0/2

Texas during the same timeframe:

• 00s: 9/10
  • 10s: 1/10
  • 20s: 0/2

winning 10 games is something Texas has done 9 times in the last 20 years (45%)

In the last 12 Texas has won 10 games 1/12 times. This timeframe includes the *WORST* decade in Texas football history, and when Texas managed to only win 10 games once.

...this matches the same number of times A&M won 10 games.

• Hook 'Em 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread