Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

It is.  I'm honestly hoping they get a commit from some 3-star prospect soon so that they can quit melting down about NIL and get back to proclaiming how underrated their recruits are and how awesome Jimbo is at finding diamonds in the rough.

26 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

wtf. loochie is on tv. fuck the aggy sec.

What is even more cringy is that when PAAWL has someone from Texas on his show, it is usually Kurt Fucking Bowels. That should make for the shittiest television imaginable. 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What is even more cringy is that when PAAWL has someone from Texas on his show, it is usually Kurt Fucking Bowels. That should make for the shittiest television imaginable. 

Kunt Bohls is an embarassment and should be put out of his misery.  He just sucks at his job. His lisp is worse than ever and i have a hard time understanding him.  He was at SEC media days and asked dumb questions of Saban and Jimbo.  I cringed every time he stood up and said he was with the Austin American Statesman.  I surely hope people dont think he represents Austin and or TX.  What a joke!!  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We sucked, but we still have one of the most respected QB developers in the country as our head coach.  

aggy was getting defensive 5-stars to commit without even having a DC.

This isn't hard to understand.

This. It’s not a fucking conspiracy.

Also, was Coffey the guy who absolutely lost his shit on a stream when arch didn’t choose uga?

These fuckwits really shouldn’t be co-signing aggies without doing a modicum of critical thinking first.

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We say aggy in this board so.... glass houses

I mean they aren't the same at all.  How the fuck am I supposed to spell aggy?  Aggie?  Is one better than the other if so why?  They sound the same when spoken.  Sip is completely made up stupidity kind of like tu, but worse because you can at least intuit what they are trying to do with tu vs UT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

We say aggy in this board so.... glass houses

We don't all do it. And nobody does it to make sure everybody knows we're in the know about cult jargon.

It is petty. It's sometimes amusing, but mostly kind of tired. At least nobody insists that you use it anymore. For awhile, that was the case, and that was very aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We sucked, but we still have one of the most respected QB developers in the country as our head coach.  

aggy was getting defensive 5-stars to commit without even having a DC.

This isn't hard to understand.

Not to mention UT = the far superior academic institution.  Some of these kids [*cougharchcough*] still actually care about stuff like that.

Plus Austin > Collie Station times infinity.

It's pretty amusing to read all the dumbass ags suggesting that the previous season's record should somehow dictate recruiting results in all respects.    

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's pretty amusing to read all the dumbass ags suggesting that the previous season's record should somehow dictate recruiting results in all respects.    

And do so forever. Our OL will never be good. Our DL will never be good. Only Aggies improve every year. Many actually believe they're bound for a great year with a new QB and DC for a team that, gasp, lost four games last year* and ducked Wake Forest.

*Four losses not counted if you beat Bama. Applicable in College Station, Katy, Texas and any other locations populated by idiots.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I mean they aren't the same at all.  How the fuck am I supposed to spell aggy?  Aggie?  Is one better than the other if so why?  They sound the same when spoken.  Sip is completely made up stupidity kind of like tu, but worse because you can at least intuit what they are trying to do with tu vs UT.

He's why they call us sips (prepare to be underwhelmed)

Spoiler if you don't give a rat's ass

Spoiler

They claim the Longhorn hand gesture looks like we are sipping tea. 

(It doesn't, or there would be 1000 memes of the queen of England throwin' the horns up) It started as t-sips then just sips. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Reveal hidden contents

(It doesn't, or there would be 1000 memes of the queen of England throwin' the horns up) It started as t-sips then just sips. 

That’s not the origin as I know it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Hide contents

Yeah I knew it started as Tsips but I had no idea why.  Either way sips is fucking dumb Aggie shit and makes me laugh.

1 minute ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Do tell. This is how it was explain by a 2004 grad.

Don’t recall where I heard or read it but my version was some aggy big shot said that the students at UT were sipping tea while Aggies were out winning wars. 

so tea sippers to t-sips to sips. Brevity being the soul of wit and all. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This post dates it to 1920, long before the Hook’em 🤘 hand sign …

The story I've been told was that in 1920 A&M Freshman coach Frank Anderson in his pregame speech to inspire his Fish to beat the shorthorns told his players "You're rough and tough and you can beat those boys at Texas because they're not. They're just a buncha ... buncha ... teasippers!"
Back in those days "teasipper" was a common term applied to all males who were considered to be "light in the loafers".

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/750677/2

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t recall where I heard or read it but my version was some aggy big shot said that the students at UT were sipping tea while Aggies were out winning wars. 

This is what I’ve heard (and always gone with) as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

This post dates it to 1920, long before the Hook’em 🤘 hand sign …

The story I've been told was that in 1920 A&M Freshman coach Frank Anderson in his pregame speech to inspire his Fish to beat the shorthorns told his players "You're rough and tough and you can beat those boys at Texas because they're not. They're just a buncha ... buncha ... teasippers!"
Back in those days "teasipper" was a common term applied to all males who were considered to be "light in the loafers".

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/750677/2

So it’s basically like how in Idiocracy, everyone thinks the Luke Wilson character is a homosexual because he “talks smart.”

Yeah, that sounds about right.

• Haha 1

Holy shit, aggy already getting ready to flip Muhammed.

Spoiler

Welcome back to Pick Three, a weekly mailbag of Texas A&M recruiting questions posed via the message board or on social media. Each week, I’ll answer three questions regarding Texas A&M recruiting. This week we answer who’s next to commit, how many commits the Aggies could land before the season and figure out the chances that Texas A&M signs targets committed elsewhere

Who’s next to commit?
Right now, there are two that come to mind: 2023 Shiner (Tex.) High four-star athlete Dalton Brooks and 2023 Ramsey (N.J) Don Bosco Prep four-star offensive lineman Chase Bisontis. Brooks is a longtime Texas A&M lean, though Texas, Alabama, LSU and Notre Dame, among a couple other schools, have been involved as well. With Brooks, it’s just a matter of when he decides to commit, his timeline is relatively vague, but given that he’s set to return to College Station for the pool party at the end of the month, he’s one to keep an eye on as one that could pop in favor of the Aggies right around the weekend, whether that’s before or after the pool party. Bisontis has a more firm timeline, and will likely commit ahead of the 2022 season, if not by the end of the month. Texas A&M has a very legitimate shot to land his commitment, but LSU, Michigan State and Rutgers are three others with reason to feel optimism about landing the four-star. Rutgers is the biggest sleeper here, it would be a big splash for Greg Schiano to get the top-60 prospect to stay home.

Update: Bisontis has set a commitment date of July 24th. He will decide between Texas A&M, LSU, Michigan State and Rutgers

Philadelphia (Penn.) Northeast three-star offensive lineman Naquil Betrand has a commitment date set for July 30, and Texas A&M is legitimately in the mix there, but may want him to pump the brakes on a commitment to the Aggies this soon. I think Kentucky is the favorite to land his commitment as things stand.

There’s a couple other names that could commit soon I’ll touch on below.

How many 2023 commits do you think A&M will pick up after the pool party and before the college football season commences?
Good question, the pool party will give the Aggies a chance to gain some much-needed momentum. I do expect a run of commits, of some sort, ahead of the season, coming right before and after the pool party.

Paired with the three names mentioned above, Austin (Tex.) Westlake four-star interior offensive lineman T.J Shanahan, Arlington (Tex.) Martin four-star safety Javien Toviano, Marlin (Tex.) High four-star EDGE Derion Gullette, Baton Rouge (La.) Catholic five-star wide receiver Shelton Sampson, Denton (Tex.) Ryan five-star linebacker Anthony Hill, Dripping Springs (Tex.) High four-star quarterback Austin Novosad, Miami (Fla.) Northwestern four-star wide receiver Andy Jean, New Orleans (La.) De La Salle four-star offensive tackle Caden Jones are a couple targets that are either set to make decisions ahead of the season, or could make a decision ahead of the season.

Of the names listed, paired with Brooks and Shanahan, I’ll set the over/under at commits Texas A&M lands before the season at 4.5. There will likely be some surprises in August that visit for the pool party and/or start trending towards the Aggies that I’m not accounting for, but 4.5 feels like a fair number as things stand. Could definitely see Texas A&M’s 2024 class get a little jumpstart ahead of the season as well.

What are the chances A&M has to sign targets who have committed to other teams
This is a really fun way to word this question. It’s somewhat of an unprecedented year in terms of early commitments. Over 60 of the top 100 players in the country are already committed and I fully expect a fall full of flips all across the country before everyone signs. Texas A&M remains involved with a good number of prospects committed elsewhere. Here are eight targets committed elsewhere the Aggies remain in pursuit of.

Peyton Bowen – 45%

I’ve touched on Bowen a bunch recently, but Texas A&M looks to be the school best positioned to flip the newly-minted five-star away from the Fighting Irish as things stand. There’s more buzz than ever that Bowen could legitimately flip his commitment, and Texas A&M will look to get him back on campus for the pool party, which could go a long ways in chipping away at Notre Dame’s lead here.

Rueben Owens – 40%

Talked about Owens earlier today here, which goes a little more in-depth on where Texas A&M stands. To put it shortly, the Aggies have a legit shot here, especially if he makes it back to campus between now and the Early Signing Period, which I fully expect to happen at least once.

Tony Mitchell – 35%

Talked to some sources about Mitchell’s decision to move up his timeline drastically and commit to Alabama earlier this month, sounds like the decision came in order to lock in a spot at Alabama, as the Crimson Tide were filling up on defensive back targets and the five-star wanted to make sure his spot was ensured. That being said, there’s some optimism in College Station that the Aggies will be able to flip him before it’s all said and done. The staff is maintaining communication and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell in town at least once before December. Remember, he still hasn’t made any of his official visits yet. I’d give the Aggies a 55% shot here, it’s never easy trying to flip someone away from the Crimson Tide, and Texas A&M isn’t the only school that will make a run at him. Florida, Tennessee and Auburn are three I could see staying involved till the end.

Austin Novosad – 30%

Not a whole lot more to report here that I haven’t touched on previously. Right now I’ll give Baylor a 55% chance to hold on to his commitment and the field (Texas A&M, Ohio State and Notre Dame) a 45% chance to flip him from the Bears. Of those three, my read is that the Aggies have the best shot, but the Fighting Irish are picking up momentum in a hurry.

Harris Sewell – 25%

This one just depends on how the fall goes in my opinion. He feels pretty locked in with the Tigers, and he keeps things fairly under wraps, but this recruitment will come down to whether or not he makes it back down to College Station at least once in the fall and how many linemen Texas A&M lands. If Bisontis and Shanahan join the class, there likely won’t be space for Sewell even if he wanted to flip.

Zachariah Branch – 20%

Texas A&M had the five-star wide reciever on an official visit in late June and there’s been some buzz that the Aggies are in a position to flip Branch by the Early Signing Period. I’m more pessimistic than some others on Texas A&M’s chances here after talking to some sources on USC’s side. There was a window for a couple weeks there that the Aggies had some serious, serious momentum to flip, but if there was any wavering on Branch’s side, USC was able to smooth things over with the five-star. He stated last week he’s not planning on making any more visits outside of USC, we’ll see if that holds true. There does remain some optimism on the Aggies’ side, but right now, odds of this happening are really slim.

Chandavian Bradley – 15%

Texas A&M made a good run at the four-star edge rusher this spring, and could have even been perceived as the leader at times, but Tennessee surged in late spring, as did South Carolina. The Aggies actually finished third behind the Gamecocks when the four-star committed to Tennessee. He took his official visits to Texas A&M and South Carolina last month and has three OVs left. Tennessee will get one, we’ll see if he opts to use the other two. Getting him back on campus would raise A&M’s chances here.

Too early to tell

Malik Muhammad – He just committed to Texas earlier this week, but I fully expect the Aggies to maintain contact and look to flip him until he signs. The Aggies already hold a commitment from his high school teammate, four-star cornerback Jayvon Thomas, and having him in Muhammad’s ear certainly doesn’t hurt.

• Haha 1

Some truly delusional bullshit right here: 

Peyton Bowen – 45%

I’ve touched on Bowen a bunch recently, but Texas A&M looks to be the school best positioned to flip the newly-minted five-star away from the Fighting Irish as things stand. There’s more buzz than ever that Bowen could legitimately flip his commitment, and Texas A&M will look to get him back on campus for the pool party, which could go a long ways in chipping away at Notre Dame’s lead here.

Too early to tell

Malik Muhammad – He just committed to Texas earlier this week, but I fully expect the Aggies to maintain contact and look to flip him until he signs. The Aggies already hold a commitment from his high school teammate, four-star cornerback Jayvon Thomas, and having him in Muhammad’s ear certainly doesn’t hurt.

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

it's this.  i've never heard the other thing about the hand gesture, and putting it in spoiler tags seems a little dramatic.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Some truly delusional bullshit right here: 

Peyton Bowen – 45%

Too early to tell

Bowen legit might flip to aTm. That isn’t bullshit. 

What's the story on Bowen? I assume that with Williams on board he'd be a luxury for us, but I never heard that we were in the running. Maybe we were and I just missed it. Notre Dame vs. TAMU seems an odd choice, if only due to academics. And the mom's talk of liking team unity and a family atmosphere doesn't strike me as Jimbo's brigade. 

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are correct.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Coming from the same dipshits that couldn’t get into West Point, Annapolis or Colorado Springs. Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread