Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

51 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I know. They're so convinced they will have a great season and some even seem sure they'll beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. 

They could quite possibly lose the same four games they lost last year and get trounced by the Tide. They've got a new QB and new DC. Las Vegas sees four losses. I can see having hopes of a great season, but I can't see the certitude.

What the fuck does Vegas know?  TRUST IN JIMBO!!!

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It seems we went 5-7 last year and lost to Kansas. We've been down for a decade...

Boots on the ground say we're spending extravagantly. It's also obvious.

All true.  But we never ducked Wake Forest.

And the chatter is getting LOUD.

45 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I said this in another thread yesterday, but the fact that Jimbo says he doesn't know a thing about his players NIL from last year is a huge red flag.

It's really not, because Jimbo was lying.  He said they only had one recruit last year that had an NIL deal.  Lol, really?  That's exactly like a drunk driver getting pulled over by the popo and saying, "Occifer, I've only had one beer." He knows he can't say zero, because that's not believable and he can't be honest because that will kill his narrative.

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

10+ win season?

guaranteeing something they have done one in the last 20 years (5%) certainly is bold. they have only won 10 games twice since the Big 12 was a thing (7.7%)

if you want a good laugh, 10 win seasons by decade for Texas A&M:

• 00s: 0/10
  • 10s: 1/10
  • 20s: 0/2

Texas during the same timeframe:

• 00s: 9/10

winning 10 games is something Texas has done 9 times in the last 20 years (45%)

In the last 12 Texas has won 10 games 1/12 times. This timeframe includes the *WORST* decade in Texas football history, and when Texas managed to only win 10 games once.

...this matches the same number of times A&M won 10 games.

This is amazing considering aggy is spotted 5 wins a year due to their shitty OOC and South Carolina being an abysmal program post OBC and Holtz. They have played Georgia once in their 10 seasons of SEC.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Getafix said:

Jordanaggie cracked me up.

(From the Ainias thread.)

image.thumb.png.df8fd4dd4c4491bb8cabbdf31c81bd57.png

image.thumb.png.522c272e91662a87e52142b604597e35.png

image.thumb.png.af8e45b675e4ca7db78fdf0c3710b919.png

13 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Jordan Aggie used to post here. I won't @ him though.

I was gonna say the same thing. Couple others came over with him for a bit. From what I can recall, they seemed like good folks. Nice little change of pace from the normal mouthbreathers that usually show up from Texags. 

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

I was gonna say the same thing. Couple others came over with him for a bit. From what I can recall, they seemed like good folks. Nice little change of pace from the normal mouthbreathers that usually show up from Texags. 

Yeah I really didn't mind them. Some of our more agphobic posters drove them off.

FYKC8aEWIAApUQE?format=jpg&name=medium

Now, all we have to do is land every single top-rated recruit on our board, only a few for which we lead, and we're sitting at a top-5 class with only 18 commits. Then, the dominoes start to fall, baby! It's that simple. Everything is fine!

Edited by irishtexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Meh. They eventually outed themselves for the true redasses they were. Especially that dumbass Dr. Pepper.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah I really didn't mind them. Some of our more agphobic posters drove them off.

Remind us all again, how much interaction have you had with aggy in your lifetime? I have no regrets for my participation in their eviction.

• Hook 'Em 3

So yesterday we were working together with that evil saban to upend aggy's ascension. But today, saban is the good guy that will send a message to those cheatin' sips. Their weird parasocial love for bama and saban is as strong as their hatred of all things UT. 

a.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

FYKUozKVEAA-rjM?format=jpg&name=medium

Of all the dumb shit they say, this is another of my favorites. "The Bama game is the barometer for where we are as a program and what to expect when they join the SEC." No, you dipshit. Losing to the No. 1 team in the country only proves that you are, at best, the No. 2 team in the country. And how would the rest of the season then not matter? If we were to win every other game that season, it would be a pretty strong indicator that we may actually be the No. 2 team, and we'd be in the playoffs with a chance to prove it. And regardless, how is that any type of barometer for what to expect in the SEC? Last I checked, being in the SEC doesn't mean you play Bama every week. Hell, for many SEC teams, they'll play Bama less often than we will over the next couple years. 

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Of all the dumb shit they say, this is another of my favorites. "The Bama game is the barometer for where we are as a program and what to expect when they join the SEC." No, you dipshit. Losing to the No. 1 team in the country only proves that you are, at best, the No. 2 team in the country. And how would the rest of the season then not matter? If we were to win every other game that season, it would be a pretty strong indicator that we may actually be the No. 2 team, and we'd be in the playoffs with a chance to prove it. And regardless, how is that any type of barometer for what to expect in the SEC? Last I checked, being in the SEC doesn't mean you play Bama every week. Hell, for many SEC teams, they'll play Bama less often than we will over the next couple years. 

<whisper>Also, their best full year in the SEC was still their first...</whisper>

🤣

10+ win season?
guaranteeing something they have done one in the last 20 years (5%) certainly is bold. they have only won 10 games twice since the Big 12 was a thing (7.7%)
if you want a good laugh, 10 win seasons by decade for Texas A&M:
  • 00s: 0/10
Texas during the same timeframe:
  • 00s: 9/10
winning 10 games is something Texas has done 9 times in the last 20 years (45%)
In the last 12 Texas has won 10 games 1/12 times. This timeframe includes the *WORST* decade in Texas football history, and when Texas managed to only win 10 games once.
...this matches the same number of times A&M won 10 games.

Yeah, but SEC…
  • Haha 1

I really appreciate their knowledge of NIL.  One aggy poster (above) claiming the school should deduct 3 months NIL money for an infraction committed by their WR.  

That seems legit.

Edited by Nivek
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

This is simply inaccurate. There is a charge called DUI in Texas but it’s a no tolerance alcohol charge for minors operating a motor vehicle.

DWI in Texas is driving while intoxicated. Intoxication is defined as not having the normal use of mental OR physical faculties by introduction of drugs, alcohol, or any other substance…OR having a BAC of 0.08 or higher.

So you can be intox for dwi and under the bac limit. You can drink a quart of motor oil and drive and if that made you lose your normal mental or physical faculties then you are dwi. You can be drinking and blow under .08 but have smoked a ton of weed and lost normal use. Hell you can only have drank alcohol, blow under, and have lost normal use (technically).

I stand corrected and probably should not have gone into as much attempt at detail.  I was just trying to say that their could still be a charge and conviction even if he didn't blow or test above .08 if there were other substances involved.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

If you heard a loud boom recently around East Texas, it's the sound of goalposts being moved at the speed of sound

FYM4msKWYAIOAmK?format=jpg&name=medium

Holy shit. This got me. When you pay players to come play for you they don't give a shit about the players after them, nor do they want to bring in competition for your playing time.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.aee939b70fcc7657e2dcd02effd61264.png

This is a prime example of another Aggie trait: cringy hero worship.

Recruits were going to swoon over Sherman's Super Bowl Ring and maybe Brett Favre would drop by practices, imagine how recruits would love that!

Stephen McGee would start fake limping after his first series and the Ags would swoon and cream about how he was so tough and always played hurt. It became a feedback loop. The more they swooned, the more McGee limped.

Now, because they're swooning over some of the excellent recruits they signed last year, they assume that a top recruit this year will do the same.

I'd blow Nolan or Shemar or Dindy in a second if they'd say I was their friend!!!!! I'd be so proud!! I bet they'd genuinely like me, too!!!!

I guess they think they can generate an Arch effect using a defensive lineman from last year's class. Shrewd play.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

It's really not, because Jimbo was lying.  He said they only had one recruit last year that had an NIL deal.  Lol, really?  That's exactly like a drunk driver getting pulled over by the popo and saying, "Occifer, I've only had one beer." He knows he can't say zero, because that's not believable and he can't be honest because that will kill his narrative.

I actually believe him. Most -- if not all -- what they did were straight-up, illegal cash payments and not NIL at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I actually believe him. Most -- if not all -- what they did were straight-up, illegal cash payments and not NIL at all.

This.  But it amazes me that the hive collective is on the "We did it right in recruiting the No. 1 class of all time!" and now "Everyone is cheating and we cant get anyone, unless we start cheating too."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

"He wouldn't tell me who (is being investigated)..."

Next paragraph

"He told me he's going to interview Sark because they're doing it wrong."

And those idiots believe it. 

He's worked in compliance his whole career.  He just goes around the country making sure various industries are in compliance.  I guy like that would develop some serious connections.  I hope like hell Sark heeds this man's advice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread