Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting a true aggy decommit season this year with Jimbo’s huge momemtum changing wins (losses) against Clemson and Bama along with his old lady bagwomen making the trip over to Texas....but there was one and it’s been glorious!  

I know it’s not going to happen, but holy shit would a Leal flip to Texas would put some early heat on Jimbo...especially if they lose whatever scrub bowl they are playing in. 

It’s the aggy way....seems inconceivable, but damn if they don’t figure out a way to screw it up no matter their coach, their talent or their opponent. 

Edited by EZ$

14 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting a true aggy decommit season this year with Jimbo’s huge momemtum changing wins (losses) against Clemson and Bama along with his old lady bagwomen making the trip over to Texas....but there was one and it’s been glorious!  

I know it’s not going to happen, but holy shit would a Leal flip to Texas would put some early heat on Jimbo...especially if they lose whatever scrub bowl they are playing in. 

It’s the aggy way....seems inconceivable, but damn if they don’t figure out a way to screw it up no matter their coach, their talent or their opponent. 

Consider it an early Christmas present from aggy

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Passwaters is saying they are after LSU commit Dreshun Miller. 

Makes sense. He apparently wants to play corner and LSU wants him at safety. 

Passwaters is also saying he has off the field issues so LSU wants him to flip because they need the scholarship room. 

As long as they keep their dirty Cajun hands off of Myron Warren, it's all good.

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Someone kindly remind me why Herman and Co weren't seriously recruiting Carter? Was it off the field concerns?

Mental eval/shady recruiting. That bears out with a late flip and most likely shady shit from both aggy and Bama during his recruitment. It’s almost like Herman knows what he is doing or something.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Someone kindly remind me why Herman and Co weren't seriously recruiting Carter? Was it off the field concerns?

He was the kid who claimed to have gotten a flat tire on his way to an OU BBQ in July and tweeted he wouldn't be making it... only the put out a commitment video a few hours later to A&M...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure how dirty that recruitment was, but his helicopter dad was brad mccoy levels except hes also apparently a dirt bag as well. 

Shady dirtbag helicopter dad, but an up and up recruitment? If that was really the case maybe he learned something in Cam Newton’s Dad’s church.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Shady dirtbag helicopter dad, but an up and up recruitment? If that was really the case maybe he learned something in Cam Newton’s Dad’s church.

It’s been a dirty recruitment the whole way. The dad is a nut getting paid and he’s going to be a major problem after Carter signs. 

This flip wasn’t signing day, but close enough for the surprise. It’s been known in Bama circles that Carter was flipping to them for at least two weeks before I first posted about a signing day surprise, so whenever that’s dated, that +2 weeks or more is when they said fuck it and bought the motherfucker. I believe that’s around the time another Bama target made it clear to them he was headed elsewhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

"Austin U"

Reveal hidden contents

Dt-yNq5UcAACE4z?format=jpg&name=smallDt-yOg4UcAEwx3r?format=jpg&name=smallDt-yPoGUcAA5PzE?format=jpg&name=small

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with how they think, they only care about recruiting rankings and looking like they are on top. Sure losing Houston sucks, but we have signed enough WRs that we will be fine, they are one injury away from starting walk ons at LB and DB and they just lost their two best commits at each position.

Edited by Not a Sock

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like the guy that bemoaned the scheduling of Clemson, preferring a free win instead so they would have gotten a ny6 bowl at 9-3. 

Such a pussy attitude. 

In fairness, I bemoan the scheduling of Maryland and would love to be sitting at 10 wins right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So weird Looch giving Mack so much praise lately. Saying if Fisher's tenure at aggy is like Mack's at Texas then it'll be worth the 75 mil. Especially since Looch did nothing but talk shit about Mack back in the day when Texas would *only* get a 10 win season, while aggy was regularly going 5-6 under Fran. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

They're a 6-6 team next year.  Losses to Bama, Clemson, UGA and LSU at least.  Auburn, SC and MissSt will be no walks in the park either.  Going to be a glorious 2019 season.

This has been said three straight years on this board. 

Edited by BigBenBamboozle
  • Like 9

18 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Yeah we all looked at their schedule after the first 3 games thought it was only going to get worse. But who would have thought a ranked Kentucky team couldn’t throw a forward pass, Auburn couldn’t even football, ole miss…my god, and LSU had to beat 16 players instead of the usual 11 on every play. 

25 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

They have 4-5 built in wins every year thanks to their scheduling. 6-6 would be like us going 3-9. Even in the darkest of Charlie Strong years we did not fall that far. 

Aggy will be 7-5/8-4 next year. 

VIP News: The latest on 4-star CB Marcus Banks

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 6 minutes ago

2 Comments

Texas A&M losing cornerback commit Jeffery Carter to Alabama on Saturday night was not great timing with the Early Signing Period only being a week-and-a-half away. It will also pretty much be impossible to land someone else quite equal to his skillset, but the Aggies are not simply going to sign only one cornerback in the class.

National top-100 prospect Erick Young plans to sign early with A&M and is locked in. Who will also be in the class, though?

Spring Dekaney four-star Marcus Banks is the big target left. A one-time LSU commit, the 6-foot, 170-pound defender was close to making a commitment to A&M before the Tigers blew him away on an official visit. Now, he is back looking very heavily at A&M.

Banks was thought to be an A&M-Alabama battle before both Florida and Florida State got involved. The Tide do not look to have room for him anymore, which is probably the only positive to come out of Carter’s flip. However, he has visited both the Seminoles and Gators the past two weekends.

Both the Florida programs got late starts in recruiting Banks as he was only offered in the past couple months or so by each school. However, he has ties to Florida in that his father, the late Bobby Meeks, played there. That is obviously big for Banks but A&M has still positioned itself well. He was in Gainesville this past weekend and, while the trip went well, there is not a ton of optimism from the Gators on landing him.

Florida State head coach Willie Taggart will be in-home with Banks this week, but there is not a ton of confidence from the Seminole side of landing him either. The talk there is that they have felt they have been behind both A&M and Alabama.

Banks plans to announce at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5 but very well could end up signing in the Early Signing Period and asking the school of his choice to keep it quiet until his announcement.

I have my Crystal Ball on A&M still and feel good about it. It is not a done deal by any means, but the Aggies have done a great job recruiting him and, with the decommitment of Carter and A&M moving on from Bobby Wolfe, the depth chart is very favorable for him. Distance is also a big factor and was going to be a potential stumbling block even for Alabama.

As for other names, we should have some updates on that front soon as well. The Aggies are still looking the junior college route but are not going to take somebody just to have a body. They are also looking at high school prospects from all over the country that are either uncommitted or they could flip

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I was at a gala last night in Houston and the guy running the deal is an Aggie.  Led off with a comment about beating LSU in 7 OT.  Good grief, that was what 3-4 weeks ago?

saw about ten posts on facebook along the lines of "I will tell my grandchildren about this win" Like most things aggy it aint goin away. 

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

All is fine - Karen

Hide contents

Dt-yHWaU0AA-UvD?format=jpg&name=smallDt-yHlWVAAAE6HT?format=jpg&name=smallDt-yIHvUwAAiHhH?format=jpg&name=900x900Dt-yJUPUwAYF59f?format=jpg&name=small

"Facilities that would make most NFL teams blush"

know how I know he has never been to an NFL stadium or possibly never been to the giant tackle box?  Because there is a 0.00% he has been to both with that opinion.

unless of course I completely misread and he meant most NFL franchises would blush from embarrassment if their stadium was that mismatched and cobbled together?

48 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 6 minutes 

As for other names, we should have some updates on that front soon as well. The Aggies are still looking the junior college route but are not going to take somebody just to have a body. They are also looking at high school prospects from all over the country that are either uncommitted or they could flip

So according to PERRONI..... aggies looking at almost errrrbody??? 

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 6 minutes 

I think he meant HS prospects that are 'uncommitted or they could be bought'.

It's important at this critical time as aggy ridiculers to take a step back and a deep breath.  

Decommit season is good whiskey. Sip it.  Savor it.  Breathe it in.  It warms your insides.   

Take your time. 

If you take shots of this stuff then you are doing yourself a disservice. 

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s been a dirty recruitment the whole way. The dad is a nut getting paid and he’s going to be a major problem after Carter signs. 

This flip wasn’t signing day, but close enough for the surprise. It’s been known in Bama circles that Carter was flipping to them for at least two weeks before I first posted about a signing day surprise, so whenever that’s dated, that +2 weeks or more is when they said fuck it and bought the motherfucker. I believe that’s around the time another Bama target made it clear to them he was headed elsewhere. 

first round corners are expensive. fuck. 

5 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Machinator is approaching SynTex levels of rep that can only be measured in parsecs.  I couldn't make it through the 2nd set of caps.  Results on the field are always rationalized due to aggy is aggy.  This is one of those rare moments when they can't point at anyone but themselves, there is no strawman to shit on.  POE.  OPE.  EOP.