Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The NCCA just over turned the the Ol Miss recruiting sanctions and just closed the case. So the bagman are about to take it to a new level.

Well, there it is if you were waiting for some kind of consent.  They just made themselves an unnecessary governing body which renders them expendable. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How might this affect the ncaa sanctions?

Seems it only lifted the unofficial visit restrictions.

While we are pleased by the IAC’s finding that the COI abused its discretion with respect to the unofficial visit penalty, we remain disappointed by the remainder of the ruling, which upheld a 2018 postseason ban and findings of lack of institutional control and recruiting inducements.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

They did not overturn their bowl ban for 2018, but basically lifted all recruiting restrictions. And just like that, their long-suffering State nightmare comes to an end.

"As leaders at the University of Mississippi, we are sorry for what the Ole Miss family has bagmen have endured throughout this long, arduous process," chancellor Jeffrey Vitter and athletics director Ross Bjork wrote in a joint statement. "As the state’s flagship university, our resolve has been tested many times in our history, and we have prevailed by staying true to our core values combined with the amazing support of the Ole Miss family bagmen. This challenge will not define us, and we our bagmen will be stronger because of it."

There is legitimately zero incentive today to run a clean recruiting program, especially if you are a second-tier program like Ole Miss or aggy. The worst thing that can happen is that you win a bunch of games, get increased donations and exposure, but miss a couple of meaningless bowl games and get a "lack of institutional control" Scarlett Letter that you wear for a couple of seasons. Rinse, repeat.

31 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

There is legitimately zero incentive today to run a clean recruiting program, especially if you are a second-tier program like Ole Miss or aggy. The worst thing that can happen is that you win a bunch of games, get increased donations and exposure, but miss a couple of meaningless bowl games and get a "lack of institutional control" Scarlett Letter that you wear for a couple of seasons. Rinse, repeat.

Can we hire some shady mentors for Herman? @CDC 

Spoiler

Liucci

6:12p, 10/31/18

Staff

AG

Well, I was going to hold out until Friday so I could learn a little something first by listening to Kandace educate the guys on TA Radio but here goes nothing...

Quote:

Every year our recruiting classes are ranked ahead of the Mississippi schools by all the recruiting services and every year they kick our rear on the field. What's going on with that? 

Well for starters, I know what you mean about them kicking our butts every year but I think it's only fair to note that on Saturday night, the Ags were set up first-and-goal at the 10-yard line with a chance to tie in the final minutes. Yet another reason I think it's insane to say "nothing's changed" when that's probably the best of the last three Mississippi State teams and they had beaten the brakes off of the Ags three of the past four seasons prior to Saturday night. It's also fair to say that A&M won at Ole Miss as recently as last season and lost in the final seconds the year before. They're a combined 6-7 against the Mississippi school since joining the league so they do not, in fact, lost to them every year. They have lost 7 of the last 9, however, so I do get why you feel that way. Recruiting rankings only matter on Signing Day and then things like attrition and player development REALLY start to come into play. Ole Miss regularly fields several five-star players and has for several years now even though it's clear their talent level is beginning to wane and is about to take a significant dip. But they're going to have two first-round offensive tackles, a first-round tight end, three superstar receivers and a first-round defensive tackle plus another high draft pick at end and a five-star safety. Some of the best players money could buy for a while there under Freeze, allegedly. Mississippi State? That defense Saturday night featured two first-rounders on the d-line, a five-star LB and a five-star DT and at least two defensive backs who will go in the first two rounds of the draft. Maybe the rankings are overlooking Mississippi high school talent but I think the bigger part of it is A&M felt they had to make a head coaching change and attrition and lack of development played a role while Ole Miss and State both recently lost the best coaches in each school's respective history.

Quote:

Do you think any of the freshman offensive lineman will start to get looks toward the end of the season now that the play four games and not burn the red shirt option is in play? Not so much in the Auburn game, but more the final 3 weeks + bowl? 

Interesting question that, to be honest, I haven't really thought about. I'll do some digging but, just going off of what I think, I'd say I doubt we'll see too much of that during the regular season barring further injury on the interior. That said, maybe one of the first-year blockers - with Luke Matthews really being the most likely if it were anyone - could earn a surprise start or play significant reps in a bowl game when they'd have the chance to practice with the first-team OL for an extended period of time.

Quote:

Did you feel that Jimbo and Dickey should have stuck with the running game more in the second half? No, it hadn't been particularly successful to that point, but we've seen us wear other teams down by the 4th quarter in other games. Moreover, giving up on the run allowed the Miss. State defense to tee off on Mond. 

I wouldn't argue with you on that one but I also see why you wouldn't want to waste too many downs banging your head into a brick wall. I thought losing Hocker seemed to really hurt and maybe that played a role in it. Thought McCoy did a nice job but the unit was generally manhandled up front for most of the night. It's a tough call but I do think asking those guys to pass block the MSU defensive front somewhere around 50 times was probably not what the Ags wanted to do heading into the game. I do think, however, that the Ags saw something that convinced them they could throw the ball very effectively against the Bulldogs. Perhaps minus the drops, a little more accuracy and the more downs to work with, having to chase so much would have worn State down, as well, thus setting up the run later in the game. A drop here, a missed throw there, 3-4 pre-snap penalties that put you behind the chains...I think things just got away from the Ags in this one and they were unable to find the balance they would have preferred.

Quote:

9 weeks into the season, do you still think 2020 is the year we make a run? And if so, why? 

Absolutely. Here are your weaknesses on Saturday night that cost you most, IMO: Pass coverage, pass rush, pass-catchers, offensive line being over matched. Kellen Mond will be a senior, the secondary will be overhauled and will feature veterans and some elite young talent that will be in year two and no longer freshmen, guys like DeMarvin Leal and Bobby Brown in year two and three up front (among others) plus plenty of returnees who will still be there on offense and defense two years from now and will have played a LOT of SEC football. Here's a good position to consider: Wide receiver. The Ags will return pretty much everyone who catches a pass this year in 2020 (barring attrition) and will also have guys like Preston and Chapman available as third-year guys and will have Dylan WrightKameron Brown and Co. in year two on campus. Throw in maybe a Demond Demas and/or Troy Omeire as true freshmen and it's pretty easy to see that we're talking about a completely different set of tools for Dameyune Craig to work with. That's as much talent as any WR in the country would have at his disposal, with plenty of experience, too boot. That plus recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and Fisher will have an absolutely loaded squad. Mix in the fact that you drop Clemson and Georgia and add Colorado and Vandy and that fact that I'm convinced Mississippi State fielded a more talented (or at least on even par) team than the Ags for the last time on Saturday night and that Ole Miss is about to fall off of a cliff and I think that 2020 schedule is about as set up as you're going to play in the Southeastern Conference.

Quote:

How would you evaluate the play and use of Trevor Wood so far? Does Baylor Cupp compare with our present tight ends potentially? 

He's getting a lot better as a blocker. I thought we'd see him catch a few passes but I also didn't expect Sternberger to catch near as many as he has so it's balanced itself out. As far as use goes, it's fine. Until Saturday night, Jace was catching everything in sight and Wood has steadily improved blocking. That's his role and if he makes a key catch or two along the way, even better. I think Baylor Cupp is just on a completely different level athletically than Wood and he's about three inches and will be about 20 pounds heavier than Jace. He has first-round measurables and should help open things up even more for Sternberger as early as next season. Either that, or teams that focus too much on #81 will be made to pay.

Quote:

Considering how poorly some units, like DB or OL, have held up in conference play, could you see the staff take a juco or grad transfer in one of the remaining spots? 

Yes. I think that would be especially so at corner. Along the o-line, I do like fishing for grad transfers because there seems to be a handful of good ones available every off-season. My JUCO list would go CB and then an edge-rushing OLB type like Kuony Deng but spots are extremely limited at this time.

Quote:

What are our recruiting priorities down the stretch?

Must add a defensive back if not two. Another pure pass-rusher and maybe two defensive linemen. A second tight end if it's Jalen Wydermyer. A best athlete available type if he can project as an elite kick/punt returner as well (Ainias Smith or Marquez Beason ). Possibly a elite offensive tackle (Javonne Shepherd) or linebacker (Nakobe Dean) if possible.

Quote:

Realistic Bowl expectations? 

Still too tough to say. Beat Auburn and 8-4 looks the most likely with a realistic shot at 9-3. There you're talking one of the Florida bowls or Nashville. I think that's the range the Aggies kind of stay in either way because I don't think they'll be back in Charlotte or Houston (their last two destinations) this year. Beating UAB and Ole Miss and either Auburn or LSU plus a bowl would make for a very good first season in Aggieland for Jimbo and Co. Think about it: 5-3 in the SEC for the first winning league record since 2012, a bowl win for the first time in four tries and, possibly, a win over LSU and a strong November. None of that is going to come easily for this bunch but it's well within the realm of reality. 

Quote:

Do you agree with Jimbo's approach to go for the touchdown late in the game instead of kicking the field goal to go down by 5 and hope for a stop? 

My initial thought was "kick the field goal" but I don't think that was something you should feel too strongly about either way. You were basically saying you liked the odds of scoring a TD on one play from 10 yards out as much or more than kicking a field goal, getting a stop and then driving probably 70 yards or so for the winning TD with around two minutes left. I could see both sides of it and even if the fourth-down play failed, you probably thought you'd have them pinned at the 10-yard line and would still be in the same position of getting it back in great field position and needing at TD, only in that instance you'd need a TD and a two. Nothing to over analyze at all in my opinion.

Quote:

What's your thoughts on the Bobby Wolfe recruitment...committed, non committed, committed, non-committed. Is this the staff telling him that they are moving in another direction?

Let's just call it a mutual parting of ways. I think that would be fair. Hopefully he finds a good fit. Personally, I think Arizona would be a good spot for him. Better than Arkansas, IMO. I'd love to see the Ags be able to go and add a JUCO here, perhaps someone like Elijah Blades . If they can't pry him from Oregon or if the grades side of things doesn't work out (it's tougher for Arizona JC kids to get into SEC schools because of a couple of extra classes they suddenly have to take...Ags ran into it with Diallo) then definitely add another via the HS ranks, preferably Marcus Banks or Marquez Beason, IMO.

Quote:

What do you think is key factor in our lack of creating turnovers? 

Well I was going to go with the short answer and say that the lack of impact play makers on the back end outside of Donovan Wilson (who has made a couple of big plays this year but has also missed most of Bama and half of Miss State and most of Northwestern St) and the fact that the Ags aren't generating too much of a four-man pass rush. But the reality is that the pass rush has been decent after a very slow start and there's probably more to it than that.

I think the guys on the back end are so raw and at times over matched from a speed or athleticism standpoint that they are just out there trying to keep their feet underneath them and the thought of going outside of that envelope might be a little overwhelming. The overall talent level of the unit isn't close to being there and they're playing in a new system. I think the individual players look like a group working twice as hard just to stick to their assignments in a new system, with a new coach and with heightened expectations. It's probably more survival mode for some of these guys, honestly. They're not yet comfortable enough to put themselves out there to take chances and attempt to create turnovers. After the lumps they've taken already this season and what happened last Saturday in Starkville, there's even more pressure than before to not give up the big play or miss an assignment or get burned in coverage or something If you really look at that position perhaps more than any other, it's a spot where the Ags haven't recruited lights out prior to Fisher's arrival more than any and we're seeing the results.

That's the long version. Short version: The unit isn't loaded with talent by SEC standards and a lack confidence as individuals and as a unit and you just can't play in the secondary if you're hesitant or fearful of taking a chance and making a mistake.. What makes great players? It's the guys who have the raw natural ability and then reach a point where they are able to just go out and play without having to worry about thinking. They just DO. That's when you see the greatness or All-SEC/NFL caliber guys start to emerge. The Aggies clearly aren't there yet.

Quote:

Why is there so much BAS around this fanbase that leads to outlandish opinions on the boards? (Perfect example: the case to start James Foster).....It seems some fans want to have their cake and eat it too, you You can't brag to Big 12 fans about playing in the toughest division in America's toughest conference....and yet have a Battered Aggie Syndrome every time we lose an SEC game....you can't have it both ways, losses will come.

I've dealt with more of this the past few days than I've ever seen following a close (forget the scoreboard, it was a TD/Conversion game with two minutes left and A&M first-and-goal from the 10, not to mention a one-point game heading into the fourth). The ones that shocked/disappointed me most? Bringing up the $75mm tag this early and after, per everyone in college football, Jimbo had done such a great job so far this season. Calling for Mond's job and, especially, saying he hadn't improved since last season (most ridiculous statement I've heard in more than 20 years of doing this, honestly). Making it feel like it was a birthright to beat MSU and that it was some sort of thoroughly embarrassing setback. 

The whole, "This looked like a Sumlin team" narrative that was fairly common after the game was pretty over-the-top, too. Just like with Mond, some folks were willing to ignore the facts and forget to point out that State absolutely DESTROYED A&M the last two seasons and had throttled A&M three of four years before this one (though that Dak-led team did ascend to No. 1). The Ags in no way, shape or form matched up in the trenches and were thoroughly humiliated in each of those games. Two years ago, a State team that finished 5-7 was up 28-7 at home and last year, MSU led 35-7 last year midway through the fourth at Kyle Field for Pete's sake. To compare the performances was so ridiculous it was hard to even fathom. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ags could have and should have won that game too but it was going to be a very tough one heading in but I just felt the BAS reaction was way over the top and disappointing.

Quote:

In the last six years, name the top 3-5 guys we missed out on that would have had a positive impact? R Smith LB went to Georgia. Braedon Smith OL to Auburn perhaps? 

Those are good ones but Roquan Smith was a longer shot as was Braden, even though both visited and the Ags finished second or third for each. I'd maybe name Greedy Williams (imagine having him at CB right now), Greg Little (Ags would have a first-round left tackle with Dan Moore at guard), Cee Dee Lamb or even Jaylen Waddle if you want to go younger (home run threat at receiver), K'Lavon Chaisson (he's hurt but was a truly elite pass-rusher from in-state) and maybe either a Rodney Anderson (committed to the Ags for a long time) or Brandon Jones (not yet elite but he would certainly be starting at safety for the Ags and I still think is probably a better fit in the SEC than Big 12). I'm sure I'm forgetting someone so feel free to add.

Quote:

Seems like many offenses are producing more than ours. In what way has Dickey made an impact on Fishers offense from FSU? 

Not sure but a lot has to do with QB run game and some different formations than Jimbo has used (at least regularly) in the past. That's a good question to ask Fisher or maybe one of the longtime DCs I know from other programs. Here's the thing though: Which offenses are producing so much better than the Aggies in this conference against the elite defenses? And when you factor in a sophomore QB and the first year in a new system plus the fact that the Ags played a tougher non-conference defense than anyone else in the league did (Clemson), it's not like the Ags are struggling more than others. Mizzou (with a first-round QB) scored 14 against Kentucky, Miss State with Fitzgerald scored 7, Florida used a late TD to reach 21 and South Carolina managed 10. I think the Ags scored a season-high against Clemson. Miss State? A&M struggled a lot but they also shot themselves in the foot throughout the night and still put up the same point total as Florida, Auburn (and an NFL QB in Stidham) didn't cross the goal line and LSU punched it in once on a two-yard drive. Folks can say the offenses in the SEC are struggling but it's due in large part to the defenses they're facing. That's going to be especially tor A&M when TWO of their four non-conference defenses are Clemson and UAB and they're in the West and playing Kentucky (the best defense in the East). It's not even apples to apples and the Ags are still middle of the pack in scoring offense and fourth in Total O and pass offense. Where I think they're really struggling is running the ball (ranked No. 8 but they really padded those against Northwestern State and ULM). I think that's the true root of the issues and then it goes from there. Look, I'm in no way saying that the offense isn't struggling or doesn't have to get better but I do think a lot of folks are choosing to ignore some of the pretty obvious reasons why.

Quote:

What attributes does Clifford Chattman bring to the corner spot that we currently lack? 

For starters, he's by far the biggest and rangiest of the three (Renfro and Oliver included) and he has proven throughout the past two years in practice that he does, in fact, have legitimate ball skills. I'd say that's the one way he could really help this defense if healthy. It's a shame he's been out this long.

Quote:

Where does a deep threat come from next year? 

Good question. It's one of those things you still wonder about and need to recruit to. Not sure if there's going to be a Jaylen Waddle type of addition but I do think the position will be upgraded tremendously with the return of Ausbon (my guess is that could be by Ole Miss) plus the additions of Wright, Kenyon Jackson, Brown (he has a chance to be that guy) and Chase Laneplus Preston and Chapman in year two. Chapman is a big-time, down-the-field talent even if he's not the waterbug, 4.3 dude I feel like you're talking about. Had he not gotten hurt, Caleb would be starting by now, IMO.

Quote:

Is there something keeping Vernon Jackson off the field? I just don't get why you recruit such a monster RB and then don't utilize him. Thanks. 

You're calling him a monster RB but he really split time playing everything at a tiny high school in Boling and is still very much adjusting to the college and, especially, SEC game. He's going to be a very good one and the Ags are excited about his potential but clearly they don't feel he's as ready for prime time as Corbin has been. I think maybe some are underestimating the adjustment for Vernon.

Quote:

How is MSU's defense so stout? Haven't we been higher in the recruiting rankings than them every stinking year? What gives? 

I see Dalton is up to his old tricks on Halloween. Wasn't this literally the very first question asked? See above, I guess? Two five-stars in the front seven plus a future first-rounder who they didn't get recruiting credit for out of HS because he originally signed with Michigan State. The secondary also features a couple or three future NFL DBs so you could also point to outstanding player development under Dan Mullen.

Quote:

Is Kirk Herbie our curse? Damn near every time he picks us or hypes us up he gets we lose! 

It's so true, isn't it??? I know we all thought the same thing when he said it. Hopefully that just means the Ags lose one game and don't 'win out' as he predicted. Now they've got the Herbie jinx out of the way, they can get back to it. Just remember all of this the next time you want to hate the poor guy if he doesn't pick our Aggies.

Quote:

If all the catches are made do you think Mond puts up the same kind of stat line he did versus Clemson? 

Not quite those type of numbers but if they catch the balls that hit their hands and Mond connects with Davis on the first-drive screen (not his fault) and Rogers on the deep shot (an overthrow by the QB), you're actually talking about a monster yardage night against the best defense in the SEC outside of maybe Tuscaloosa.

Quote:

And do you think Corbin will get more carries this week? Seems like he gets the physical yards that might help loosen up defenses for Williams!

Yes, I do think he'll get more touches. As I said in the Offense in Review, I think he's the Ags' most explosive weapon on offense. I don't know how banged up he was at the end of that Miss State game but it didn't appear to be anything serious.

Quote:

Did sips losing take a little of the sting off? Did for me. Ought to help negate what was a possible recruiting hit. 

I don't know it takes the sting off of losing to Stingray's bunch in Starkville but it certainly doesn't hurt and it did make for a little more palatable night to watch that arrogant group of fans and coaches and players spit the bit against Gundy and Co. If the Horns were actually a really good, legitimate top-10 football team, I wouldn't have such a problem with it but they're just not. Their resume was and is so fraudulent that they're still a joke at No. 17. It was good to see them exposed. They're certainly making strides under Herman in year two but they're so far from being 'BACK!!!!!!' it's not funny. These next three games should be pretty interesting for them. So far, they've played one good team by my count and even that team was taken to OT by Army and still stands out to me as the most overrated in all of college football. The Sooners have played NO ONE but the Horns and they lost to them and were at one point getting run out of the Cotton Bowl.

Quote:

Are you expecting a pissed off group of players who can't wait to prove last week was a fluke? Or not

I'll be interested to see how they come out in terms of how wired up Jimbo has them or if he wants a team that just comes out poised and ready to execute. Either way, I'm expecting to see them either very emotional and flying around or come out and play very clean, mistake-free football. Either or and both would be ideal but i'd honestly take the Ags playing a focused, clean and complete game. I think they'd win with that type of showing (while also preparing all week like their SEC manhood had been challenged, of course).

Quote:

Which freshman did you expect to see more from in their first year? 

Probably Jalen Preston and, though he's not a freshman, maybe Mohamed Diallo. Diallo I get because he's playing at a loaded position and is making a pretty monstrous transition to the SEC trenches. Both are guys the staff is very excited about for next year, though, so don't read my answer the wrong way. They're absolutely going to be players.

Quote:

True or false: It seems like we are at least two years away. Top three reasons are: OL, DBs, and Next year's schedule 

I don't disagree with that at all, though if all of the future NFL guys who won't get drafted in the first two rounds return this team makes a significant jump in Year Two. See my answer to a similar question above (Dalton strikes AGAIN).

Quote:

Georgia vs Kentucky..............can KY put up enough offense to shock the East? 

In a word, no. The ride ends for UK on Saturday night and it's because Terry Wilson will be eaten alive by Georgia's defense. Have to be able to throw to win championships in the SEC. Hell, it cost even Bama a conference title last year and cost Les Miles his job despite all of that talent as LSU.

Quote:

What is your impression for how bad things would need to get (this season and next) for it to derail the train? Do we need to win 9 next year to sign Malik Hornsby, Demas and Zach Evans

I'm really not worried about the worst-case scenario hypothetical for 2019 when there are still five games to be played in 2018, but I'll bite. I think with the momentum of recruiting and the way things are going, if the Ags lost competitive games to Clemson and UGA on the road and Bama at home I don't think folks are really going to hold it against Jimbo and Co in recruiting...especially if they went 5-1 against South Carolina, Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU. That said, I will say winning a game against LSU, Clemson or Georgia on the road or Bama at home probably goes a long way towards letting all of the best of the best types know "It's coming." But those kids are going to know the schedule and they're going to know real progress when they see it. Yes, 9-3 next year during the regular-season and you're not worrying about ANYTHING. What about a momentum-building 9-3 or 10-3 this year? I'm not expecting it but a win on Saturday and it starts to look like at least a possibility.

Others receiving votes:

Quote:

LSU/Alabama prediction? 

I think Alabama just has too much for the Tigers. I don't think LSU's offense can keep up. Normally, the Bayou Bengal defense (especially at home) would be enough to keep them right there because Bama wouldn't be able to throw the ball and attack them. That's no longer the case with Tua and those unreal receivers. Does LSU test them? Yep. More than anyone this year and it's not even close. Still, I think Tagovailoa and the Tide just gradually pull away for something along the lines of a 27-13 or 31-13 win. I also think Tua will throw a pick and the Tide will lose a couple of turnovers, proving that they're mortal after all.

Quote:

Also, have you ever been to the Cayman Islands? Been thinking about where I want to travel next and can't decide! 

I have been to the Caymans and absolutely loved it. It's especially great if you like scuba diving or even snorkeling. Not a ton going on in terms of night life but the water is beautiful and Stingray City or whatever is really cool too. If you're looking for a relaxing, easy trip with the wife or family, I'd recommend it. If you're with a group of the fellas or looking for more of a big time, I'd say Bahamas, Cabo or somewhere else in Mexico. Where I really want to go this off-season is Turks.

Quote:

Ok, Looch. It's the national championship night and the Ags are playing. There's also a concert going on at the exact same time in another city and it's a once in a lifetime event. What concert would make you think twice about having to pick between that and watching the Ags in a natty? 

Creed? No, just kidding, it would be New Kids on the Block for sure.

Quote:

Your candid opinion on Tom Herman's on-field meltdown last Saturday? Not a big deal? Five alarm embarrassment? Please give us your real thoughts...seriously, let 'er rip and don't hold back.

It's obviously pretty ridiculous, right? Especially when it was his player who was in the wrong to begin with. Why on earth would you race out onto the field like a stark-raving mad lunatic in the first place??? And maybe if it had happened in the heat of battle or with the game hanging in the balance but the timing was just weird, too. So he thought Gundy was racing out there to fight? Isn't that essentially what he said following the game? Really??? "Hey the other team's coach is out there making a fool out of himself! Hold my headsets...I'm going to do the same!!!"

The timing of it is what really seals the deal for me. If it was a suspect, game-changing call in the middle of a game or something (Jimbo after the pylon play versus Clemson) then fine. But considering the circumstances, it was a really bad look.

Yet another embarrassing stunt for the Mensa Prez. Add it to the growing list.

Sledgehammer
Baseball bat off the bus before being pummeled by TCU
Burnt toast and runny eggs to his players
The dramatic pause and then "Some" answer
Pizza deliveries during the Maryland weather delay
Openly mocking an opposing quarterback (Drew Lock) with his players
Calling in to John Lopez's radio show to (very) uncomfortably and unprofessionally spar with the hosts because he didn't like their story
Losing his cool during the interview with Cole Cubelic when he had one foot out the door at Houston
Throwing Charlie Strong under the bus with the 'Pixie Dust' comment
Having his name drug into the whole Urban Meyer imbroglio at Ohio State

Am I forgetting anything??? Let me know and I'll gladly add it to the list.

Quote:

Favorite road city/stadium to visit?

Honestly, if the games would go better it would be Tuscaloosa. Nashville is the best but it's not like Vandy has anything to do with that.

Quote:

I had hoped to get this question in last week, but missed the opportunity. My wife and I attended the S. Carolina game and I thought their tradition of timely towel waving and then excitement with Sandstorm was fantastic. This brings to mind, what are your favorite game days traditions at visiting stadiums? 

Dalton going back-to-back on Halloween. This guy is a real Pumpkinhead, isn't he?

• Like 1

TLDR translation:

aggy had another close loss to a team full of NFL first rounders and is poised for another likely close loss to an Ole Miss team full of NFL first rounders. Texas is so far from being good it isn't even funny, and the sooners are the most overrated team in sports history (who would completely annihilate Jimbo and Co.)

6 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

TLDR translation:

aggy had another close loss to a team full of NFL first rounders and is poised for another likely close loss to an Ole Miss team full of NFL first rounders. Texas is so far from being good it isn't even funny, and the sooners are the most overrated team in sports history (who would completely annihilate Jimbo and Co.)

Not that I read anywhere close to the full thing but that MSU answer was so funny. aggy's New Model Jimbo Army getting smacked around by Mississippi's second-best state school was suddenly recast as a heroic struggle against an overwhelming talent disadvantage.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

6:12p, 10/31/18

Staff

AG

Well, I was going to hold out until Friday so I could learn a little something first by listening to Kandace educate the guys on TA Radio but here goes nothing...

Quote:

Every year our recruiting classes are ranked ahead of the Mississippi schools by all the recruiting services and every year they kick our rear on the field. What's going on with that? 

Well for starters, I know what you mean about them kicking our butts every year but I think it's only fair to note that on Saturday night, the Ags were set up first-and-goal at the 10-yard line with a chance to tie in the final minutes. Yet another reason I think it's insane to say "nothing's changed" when that's probably the best of the last three Mississippi State teams and they had beaten the brakes off of the Ags three of the past four seasons prior to Saturday night. It's also fair to say that A&M won at Ole Miss as recently as last season and lost in the final seconds the year before. They're a combined 6-7 against the Mississippi school since joining the league so they do not, in fact, lost to them every year. They have lost 7 of the last 9, however, so I do get why you feel that way. Recruiting rankings only matter on Signing Day and then things like attrition and player development REALLY start to come into play. Ole Miss regularly fields several five-star players and has for several years now even though it's clear their talent level is beginning to wane and is about to take a significant dip. But they're going to have two first-round offensive tackles, a first-round tight end, three superstar receivers and a first-round defensive tackle plus another high draft pick at end and a five-star safety. Some of the best players money could buy for a while there under Freeze, allegedly. Mississippi State? That defense Saturday night featured two first-rounders on the d-line, a five-star LB and a five-star DT and at least two defensive backs who will go in the first two rounds of the draft. Maybe the rankings are overlooking Mississippi high school talent but I think the bigger part of it is A&M felt they had to make a head coaching change and attrition and lack of development played a role while Ole Miss and State both recently lost the best coaches in each school's respective history.

Quote:

Do you think any of the freshman offensive lineman will start to get looks toward the end of the season now that the play four games and not burn the red shirt option is in play? Not so much in the Auburn game, but more the final 3 weeks + bowl? 

Interesting question that, to be honest, I haven't really thought about. I'll do some digging but, just going off of what I think, I'd say I doubt we'll see too much of that during the regular season barring further injury on the interior. That said, maybe one of the first-year blockers - with Luke Matthews really being the most likely if it were anyone - could earn a surprise start or play significant reps in a bowl game when they'd have the chance to practice with the first-team OL for an extended period of time.

Quote:

Did you feel that Jimbo and Dickey should have stuck with the running game more in the second half? No, it hadn't been particularly successful to that point, but we've seen us wear other teams down by the 4th quarter in other games. Moreover, giving up on the run allowed the Miss. State defense to tee off on Mond. 

I wouldn't argue with you on that one but I also see why you wouldn't want to waste too many downs banging your head into a brick wall. I thought losing Hocker seemed to really hurt and maybe that played a role in it. Thought McCoy did a nice job but the unit was generally manhandled up front for most of the night. It's a tough call but I do think asking those guys to pass block the MSU defensive front somewhere around 50 times was probably not what the Ags wanted to do heading into the game. I do think, however, that the Ags saw something that convinced them they could throw the ball very effectively against the Bulldogs. Perhaps minus the drops, a little more accuracy and the more downs to work with, having to chase so much would have worn State down, as well, thus setting up the run later in the game. A drop here, a missed throw there, 3-4 pre-snap penalties that put you behind the chains...I think things just got away from the Ags in this one and they were unable to find the balance they would have preferred.

Quote:

9 weeks into the season, do you still think 2020 is the year we make a run? And if so, why? 

Absolutely. Here are your weaknesses on Saturday night that cost you most, IMO: Pass coverage, pass rush, pass-catchers, offensive line being over matched. Kellen Mond will be a senior, the secondary will be overhauled and will feature veterans and some elite young talent that will be in year two and no longer freshmen, guys like DeMarvin Leal and Bobby Brown in year two and three up front (among others) plus plenty of returnees who will still be there on offense and defense two years from now and will have played a LOT of SEC football. Here's a good position to consider: Wide receiver. The Ags will return pretty much everyone who catches a pass this year in 2020 (barring attrition) and will also have guys like Preston and Chapman available as third-year guys and will have Dylan WrightKameron Brown and Co. in year two on campus. Throw in maybe a Demond Demas and/or Troy Omeire as true freshmen and it's pretty easy to see that we're talking about a completely different set of tools for Dameyune Craig to work with. That's as much talent as any WR in the country would have at his disposal, with plenty of experience, too boot. That plus recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and Fisher will have an absolutely loaded squad. Mix in the fact that you drop Clemson and Georgia and add Colorado and Vandy and that fact that I'm convinced Mississippi State fielded a more talented (or at least on even par) team than the Ags for the last time on Saturday night and that Ole Miss is about to fall off of a cliff and I think that 2020 schedule is about as set up as you're going to play in the Southeastern Conference.

Quote:

How would you evaluate the play and use of Trevor Wood so far? Does Baylor Cupp compare with our present tight ends potentially? 

He's getting a lot better as a blocker. I thought we'd see him catch a few passes but I also didn't expect Sternberger to catch near as many as he has so it's balanced itself out. As far as use goes, it's fine. Until Saturday night, Jace was catching everything in sight and Wood has steadily improved blocking. That's his role and if he makes a key catch or two along the way, even better. I think Baylor Cupp is just on a completely different level athletically than Wood and he's about three inches and will be about 20 pounds heavier than Jace. He has first-round measurables and should help open things up even more for Sternberger as early as next season. Either that, or teams that focus too much on #81 will be made to pay.

Quote:

Considering how poorly some units, like DB or OL, have held up in conference play, could you see the staff take a juco or grad transfer in one of the remaining spots? 

Yes. I think that would be especially so at corner. Along the o-line, I do like fishing for grad transfers because there seems to be a handful of good ones available every off-season. My JUCO list would go CB and then an edge-rushing OLB type like Kuony Deng but spots are extremely limited at this time.

Quote:

What are our recruiting priorities down the stretch?

Must add a defensive back if not two. Another pure pass-rusher and maybe two defensive linemen. A second tight end if it's Jalen Wydermyer. A best athlete available type if he can project as an elite kick/punt returner as well (Ainias Smith or Marquez Beason ). Possibly a elite offensive tackle (Javonne Shepherd) or linebacker (Nakobe Dean) if possible.

Quote:

Realistic Bowl expectations? 

Still too tough to say. Beat Auburn and 8-4 looks the most likely with a realistic shot at 9-3. There you're talking one of the Florida bowls or Nashville. I think that's the range the Aggies kind of stay in either way because I don't think they'll be back in Charlotte or Houston (their last two destinations) this year. Beating UAB and Ole Miss and either Auburn or LSU plus a bowl would make for a very good first season in Aggieland for Jimbo and Co. Think about it: 5-3 in the SEC for the first winning league record since 2012, a bowl win for the first time in four tries and, possibly, a win over LSU and a strong November. None of that is going to come easily for this bunch but it's well within the realm of reality. 

Quote:

Do you agree with Jimbo's approach to go for the touchdown late in the game instead of kicking the field goal to go down by 5 and hope for a stop? 

My initial thought was "kick the field goal" but I don't think that was something you should feel too strongly about either way. You were basically saying you liked the odds of scoring a TD on one play from 10 yards out as much or more than kicking a field goal, getting a stop and then driving probably 70 yards or so for the winning TD with around two minutes left. I could see both sides of it and even if the fourth-down play failed, you probably thought you'd have them pinned at the 10-yard line and would still be in the same position of getting it back in great field position and needing at TD, only in that instance you'd need a TD and a two. Nothing to over analyze at all in my opinion.

Quote:

What's your thoughts on the Bobby Wolfe recruitment...committed, non committed, committed, non-committed. Is this the staff telling him that they are moving in another direction?

Let's just call it a mutual parting of ways. I think that would be fair. Hopefully he finds a good fit. Personally, I think Arizona would be a good spot for him. Better than Arkansas, IMO. I'd love to see the Ags be able to go and add a JUCO here, perhaps someone like Elijah Blades . If they can't pry him from Oregon or if the grades side of things doesn't work out (it's tougher for Arizona JC kids to get into SEC schools because of a couple of extra classes they suddenly have to take...Ags ran into it with Diallo) then definitely add another via the HS ranks, preferably Marcus Banks or Marquez Beason, IMO.

Quote:

What do you think is key factor in our lack of creating turnovers? 

Well I was going to go with the short answer and say that the lack of impact play makers on the back end outside of Donovan Wilson (who has made a couple of big plays this year but has also missed most of Bama and half of Miss State and most of Northwestern St) and the fact that the Ags aren't generating too much of a four-man pass rush. But the reality is that the pass rush has been decent after a very slow start and there's probably more to it than that.

I think the guys on the back end are so raw and at times over matched from a speed or athleticism standpoint that they are just out there trying to keep their feet underneath them and the thought of going outside of that envelope might be a little overwhelming. The overall talent level of the unit isn't close to being there and they're playing in a new system. I think the individual players look like a group working twice as hard just to stick to their assignments in a new system, with a new coach and with heightened expectations. It's probably more survival mode for some of these guys, honestly. They're not yet comfortable enough to put themselves out there to take chances and attempt to create turnovers. After the lumps they've taken already this season and what happened last Saturday in Starkville, there's even more pressure than before to not give up the big play or miss an assignment or get burned in coverage or something If you really look at that position perhaps more than any other, it's a spot where the Ags haven't recruited lights out prior to Fisher's arrival more than any and we're seeing the results.

That's the long version. Short version: The unit isn't loaded with talent by SEC standards and a lack confidence as individuals and as a unit and you just can't play in the secondary if you're hesitant or fearful of taking a chance and making a mistake.. What makes great players? It's the guys who have the raw natural ability and then reach a point where they are able to just go out and play without having to worry about thinking. They just DO. That's when you see the greatness or All-SEC/NFL caliber guys start to emerge. The Aggies clearly aren't there yet.

Quote:

Why is there so much BAS around this fanbase that leads to outlandish opinions on the boards? (Perfect example: the case to start James Foster).....It seems some fans want to have their cake and eat it too, you You can't brag to Big 12 fans about playing in the toughest division in America's toughest conference....and yet have a Battered Aggie Syndrome every time we lose an SEC game....you can't have it both ways, losses will come.

I've dealt with more of this the past few days than I've ever seen following a close (forget the scoreboard, it was a TD/Conversion game with two minutes left and A&M first-and-goal from the 10, not to mention a one-point game heading into the fourth). The ones that shocked/disappointed me most? Bringing up the $75mm tag this early and after, per everyone in college football, Jimbo had done such a great job so far this season. Calling for Mond's job and, especially, saying he hadn't improved since last season (most ridiculous statement I've heard in more than 20 years of doing this, honestly). Making it feel like it was a birthright to beat MSU and that it was some sort of thoroughly embarrassing setback. 

The whole, "This looked like a Sumlin team" narrative that was fairly common after the game was pretty over-the-top, too. Just like with Mond, some folks were willing to ignore the facts and forget to point out that State absolutely DESTROYED A&M the last two seasons and had throttled A&M three of four years before this one (though that Dak-led team did ascend to No. 1). The Ags in no way, shape or form matched up in the trenches and were thoroughly humiliated in each of those games. Two years ago, a State team that finished 5-7 was up 28-7 at home and last year, MSU led 35-7 last year midway through the fourth at Kyle Field for Pete's sake. To compare the performances was so ridiculous it was hard to even fathom. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ags could have and should have won that game too but it was going to be a very tough one heading in but I just felt the BAS reaction was way over the top and disappointing.

Quote:

In the last six years, name the top 3-5 guys we missed out on that would have had a positive impact? R Smith LB went to Georgia. Braedon Smith OL to Auburn perhaps? 

Those are good ones but Roquan Smith was a longer shot as was Braden, even though both visited and the Ags finished second or third for each. I'd maybe name Greedy Williams (imagine having him at CB right now), Greg Little (Ags would have a first-round left tackle with Dan Moore at guard), Cee Dee Lamb or even Jaylen Waddle if you want to go younger (home run threat at receiver), K'Lavon Chaisson (he's hurt but was a truly elite pass-rusher from in-state) and maybe either a Rodney Anderson (committed to the Ags for a long time) or Brandon Jones (not yet elite but he would certainly be starting at safety for the Ags and I still think is probably a better fit in the SEC than Big 12). I'm sure I'm forgetting someone so feel free to add.

Quote:

Seems like many offenses are producing more than ours. In what way has Dickey made an impact on Fishers offense from FSU? 

Not sure but a lot has to do with QB run game and some different formations than Jimbo has used (at least regularly) in the past. That's a good question to ask Fisher or maybe one of the longtime DCs I know from other programs. Here's the thing though: Which offenses are producing so much better than the Aggies in this conference against the elite defenses? And when you factor in a sophomore QB and the first year in a new system plus the fact that the Ags played a tougher non-conference defense than anyone else in the league did (Clemson), it's not like the Ags are struggling more than others. Mizzou (with a first-round QB) scored 14 against Kentucky, Miss State with Fitzgerald scored 7, Florida used a late TD to reach 21 and South Carolina managed 10. I think the Ags scored a season-high against Clemson. Miss State? A&M struggled a lot but they also shot themselves in the foot throughout the night and still put up the same point total as Florida, Auburn (and an NFL QB in Stidham) didn't cross the goal line and LSU punched it in once on a two-yard drive. Folks can say the offenses in the SEC are struggling but it's due in large part to the defenses they're facing. That's going to be especially tor A&M when TWO of their four non-conference defenses are Clemson and UAB and they're in the West and playing Kentucky (the best defense in the East). It's not even apples to apples and the Ags are still middle of the pack in scoring offense and fourth in Total O and pass offense. Where I think they're really struggling is running the ball (ranked No. 8 but they really padded those against Northwestern State and ULM). I think that's the true root of the issues and then it goes from there. Look, I'm in no way saying that the offense isn't struggling or doesn't have to get better but I do think a lot of folks are choosing to ignore some of the pretty obvious reasons why.

Quote:

What attributes does Clifford Chattman bring to the corner spot that we currently lack? 

For starters, he's by far the biggest and rangiest of the three (Renfro and Oliver included) and he has proven throughout the past two years in practice that he does, in fact, have legitimate ball skills. I'd say that's the one way he could really help this defense if healthy. It's a shame he's been out this long.

Quote:

Where does a deep threat come from next year? 

Good question. It's one of those things you still wonder about and need to recruit to. Not sure if there's going to be a Jaylen Waddle type of addition but I do think the position will be upgraded tremendously with the return of Ausbon (my guess is that could be by Ole Miss) plus the additions of Wright, Kenyon Jackson, Brown (he has a chance to be that guy) and Chase Laneplus Preston and Chapman in year two. Chapman is a big-time, down-the-field talent even if he's not the waterbug, 4.3 dude I feel like you're talking about. Had he not gotten hurt, Caleb would be starting by now, IMO.

Quote:

Is there something keeping Vernon Jackson off the field? I just don't get why you recruit such a monster RB and then don't utilize him. Thanks. 

You're calling him a monster RB but he really split time playing everything at a tiny high school in Boling and is still very much adjusting to the college and, especially, SEC game. He's going to be a very good one and the Ags are excited about his potential but clearly they don't feel he's as ready for prime time as Corbin has been. I think maybe some are underestimating the adjustment for Vernon.

Quote:

How is MSU's defense so stout? Haven't we been higher in the recruiting rankings than them every stinking year? What gives? 

I see Dalton is up to his old tricks on Halloween. Wasn't this literally the very first question asked? See above, I guess? Two five-stars in the front seven plus a future first-rounder who they didn't get recruiting credit for out of HS because he originally signed with Michigan State. The secondary also features a couple or three future NFL DBs so you could also point to outstanding player development under Dan Mullen.

Quote:

Is Kirk Herbie our curse? Damn near every time he picks us or hypes us up he gets we lose! 

It's so true, isn't it??? I know we all thought the same thing when he said it. Hopefully that just means the Ags lose one game and don't 'win out' as he predicted. Now they've got the Herbie jinx out of the way, they can get back to it. Just remember all of this the next time you want to hate the poor guy if he doesn't pick our Aggies.

Quote:

If all the catches are made do you think Mond puts up the same kind of stat line he did versus Clemson? 

Not quite those type of numbers but if they catch the balls that hit their hands and Mond connects with Davis on the first-drive screen (not his fault) and Rogers on the deep shot (an overthrow by the QB), you're actually talking about a monster yardage night against the best defense in the SEC outside of maybe Tuscaloosa.

Quote:

And do you think Corbin will get more carries this week? Seems like he gets the physical yards that might help loosen up defenses for Williams!

Yes, I do think he'll get more touches. As I said in the Offense in Review, I think he's the Ags' most explosive weapon on offense. I don't know how banged up he was at the end of that Miss State game but it didn't appear to be anything serious.

Quote:

Did sips losing take a little of the sting off? Did for me. Ought to help negate what was a possible recruiting hit. 

I don't know it takes the sting off of losing to Stingray's bunch in Starkville but it certainly doesn't hurt and it did make for a little more palatable night to watch that arrogant group of fans and coaches and players spit the bit against Gundy and Co. If the Horns were actually a really good, legitimate top-10 football team, I wouldn't have such a problem with it but they're just not. Their resume was and is so fraudulent that they're still a joke at No. 17. It was good to see them exposed. They're certainly making strides under Herman in year two but they're so far from being 'BACK!!!!!!' it's not funny. These next three games should be pretty interesting for them. So far, they've played one good team by my count and even that team was taken to OT by Army and still stands out to me as the most overrated in all of college football. The Sooners have played NO ONE but the Horns and they lost to them and were at one point getting run out of the Cotton Bowl.

Quote:

Are you expecting a pissed off group of players who can't wait to prove last week was a fluke? Or not

I'll be interested to see how they come out in terms of how wired up Jimbo has them or if he wants a team that just comes out poised and ready to execute. Either way, I'm expecting to see them either very emotional and flying around or come out and play very clean, mistake-free football. Either or and both would be ideal but i'd honestly take the Ags playing a focused, clean and complete game. I think they'd win with that type of showing (while also preparing all week like their SEC manhood had been challenged, of course).

Quote:

Which freshman did you expect to see more from in their first year? 

Probably Jalen Preston and, though he's not a freshman, maybe Mohamed Diallo. Diallo I get because he's playing at a loaded position and is making a pretty monstrous transition to the SEC trenches. Both are guys the staff is very excited about for next year, though, so don't read my answer the wrong way. They're absolutely going to be players.

Quote:

True or false: It seems like we are at least two years away. Top three reasons are: OL, DBs, and Next year's schedule 

I don't disagree with that at all, though if all of the future NFL guys who won't get drafted in the first two rounds return this team makes a significant jump in Year Two. See my answer to a similar question above (Dalton strikes AGAIN).

Quote:

Georgia vs Kentucky..............can KY put up enough offense to shock the East? 

In a word, no. The ride ends for UK on Saturday night and it's because Terry Wilson will be eaten alive by Georgia's defense. Have to be able to throw to win championships in the SEC. Hell, it cost even Bama a conference title last year and cost Les Miles his job despite all of that talent as LSU.

Quote:

What is your impression for how bad things would need to get (this season and next) for it to derail the train? Do we need to win 9 next year to sign Malik Hornsby, Demas and Zach Evans

I'm really not worried about the worst-case scenario hypothetical for 2019 when there are still five games to be played in 2018, but I'll bite. I think with the momentum of recruiting and the way things are going, if the Ags lost competitive games to Clemson and UGA on the road and Bama at home I don't think folks are really going to hold it against Jimbo and Co in recruiting...especially if they went 5-1 against South Carolina, Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU. That said, I will say winning a game against LSU, Clemson or Georgia on the road or Bama at home probably goes a long way towards letting all of the best of the best types know "It's coming." But those kids are going to know the schedule and they're going to know real progress when they see it. Yes, 9-3 next year during the regular-season and you're not worrying about ANYTHING. What about a momentum-building 9-3 or 10-3 this year? I'm not expecting it but a win on Saturday and it starts to look like at least a possibility.

Others receiving votes:

Quote:

LSU/Alabama prediction? 

I think Alabama just has too much for the Tigers. I don't think LSU's offense can keep up. Normally, the Bayou Bengal defense (especially at home) would be enough to keep them right there because Bama wouldn't be able to throw the ball and attack them. That's no longer the case with Tua and those unreal receivers. Does LSU test them? Yep. More than anyone this year and it's not even close. Still, I think Tagovailoa and the Tide just gradually pull away for something along the lines of a 27-13 or 31-13 win. I also think Tua will throw a pick and the Tide will lose a couple of turnovers, proving that they're mortal after all.

Quote:

Also, have you ever been to the Cayman Islands? Been thinking about where I want to travel next and can't decide! 

I have been to the Caymans and absolutely loved it. It's especially great if you like scuba diving or even snorkeling. Not a ton going on in terms of night life but the water is beautiful and Stingray City or whatever is really cool too. If you're looking for a relaxing, easy trip with the wife or family, I'd recommend it. If you're with a group of the fellas or looking for more of a big time, I'd say Bahamas, Cabo or somewhere else in Mexico. Where I really want to go this off-season is Turks.

Quote:

Ok, Looch. It's the national championship night and the Ags are playing. There's also a concert going on at the exact same time in another city and it's a once in a lifetime event. What concert would make you think twice about having to pick between that and watching the Ags in a natty? 

Creed? No, just kidding, it would be New Kids on the Block for sure.

Quote:

Your candid opinion on Tom Herman's on-field meltdown last Saturday? Not a big deal? Five alarm embarrassment? Please give us your real thoughts...seriously, let 'er rip and don't hold back.

It's obviously pretty ridiculous, right? Especially when it was his player who was in the wrong to begin with. Why on earth would you race out onto the field like a stark-raving mad lunatic in the first place??? And maybe if it had happened in the heat of battle or with the game hanging in the balance but the timing was just weird, too. So he thought Gundy was racing out there to fight? Isn't that essentially what he said following the game? Really??? "Hey the other team's coach is out there making a fool out of himself! Hold my headsets...I'm going to do the same!!!"

The timing of it is what really seals the deal for me. If it was a suspect, game-changing call in the middle of a game or something (Jimbo after the pylon play versus Clemson) then fine. But considering the circumstances, it was a really bad look.

Yet another embarrassing stunt for the Mensa Prez. Add it to the growing list.

Sledgehammer
Baseball bat off the bus before being pummeled by TCU
Burnt toast and runny eggs to his players
The dramatic pause and then "Some" answer
Pizza deliveries during the Maryland weather delay
Openly mocking an opposing quarterback (Drew Lock) with his players
Calling in to John Lopez's radio show to (very) uncomfortably and unprofessionally spar with the hosts because he didn't like their story
Losing his cool during the interview with Cole Cubelic when he had one foot out the door at Houston
Throwing Charlie Strong under the bus with the 'Pixie Dust' comment
Having his name drug into the whole Urban Meyer imbroglio at Ohio State

Am I forgetting anything??? Let me know and I'll gladly add it to the list.

Quote:

Favorite road city/stadium to visit?

Honestly, if the games would go better it would be Tuscaloosa. Nashville is the best but it's not like Vandy has anything to do with that.

Quote:

I had hoped to get this question in last week, but missed the opportunity. My wife and I attended the S. Carolina game and I thought their tradition of timely towel waving and then excitement with Sandstorm was fantastic. This brings to mind, what are your favorite game days traditions at visiting stadiums? 

Dalton going back-to-back on Halloween. This guy is a real Pumpkinhead, isn't he?

Chin pubes is such a little bitch

31 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not that I read anywhere close to the full thing but that MSU answer was so funny. aggy's New Model Jimbo Army getting smacked around by Mississippi's second-best state school was suddenly recast as a heroic struggle against an overwhelming talent disadvantage.

Yep, losing to Joe Morehead is like losing to SEC Vince Lombardi.  Jimbo and the boys fought a valiant struggle against a stacked deck.  

Jimbo knows what it takes to win but he also knows that losing games and playing terribly will teach them how to win next season. Put it this way, 5-7 this year is worth it for 12-0 or 11-1 for the next 10 years. Jimbo is playing chess while everyone else (including Saban) is playing checkers. 

- Lucci

• Like 1

The embarrassment of taking a sledge hammer to a locker room...You can't outlive that type of embarrassment...unlike for example getting cucked by your wife with a player on your team. Or kissing the ass of the kid who sexually assaulted a girl on your campus. For sure, a bad swing of a sledge hammer is the type of thing nobody should ever forget.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

OU would beat them by 50. Easy. The midget would torch their putrid secondary. And Manziel’s fluffer knows this.

I want them to match with blowU for their bowl so badly.  

Also, list of embarrassing shit Herman did/does, OK. 

Jimbos list:

1)student athletes regularly deep dicking your wife. 

2)be associated with aggy

3)only success came at hands of rapist which you protected

Herman wins. 

5 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I've dealt with more of this the past few days than I've ever seen following a close (forget the scoreboard, it was a TD/Conversion game with two minutes left and A&M first-and-goal from the 10, not to mention a one-point game heading into the fourth).

Hello, Aggie. Hell, you practically won the game!

I have never in my life seen a fan base embrace the words “close loss” like aggy has this season. It really is remarkable. And super fucking pathetic. 

And only a pure dipshit like Chin Pubes could continue to argue that Texas is trash and all our wins are against shit teams, while bleating to his sycophants that the final score actually means nothing for aggy and all their losses mean they are somehow really good. 

Edited by Sejjr
  • Like 1

I'll be interested to see how they come out in terms of how wired up Jimbo has them or if he wants a team that just comes out poised and ready to execute. Either way, I'm expecting to see them either very emotional and flying around or come out and play very clean, mistake-free football. 

up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-startl. Baggins just has to decide which code he wants to use, he's going to play chess on Gus tic-tac-toe board  

meanwhile, hindsight is 20/20. Should have taken greedy Williams, Little, Waddle, Rodney Anderson, Chaisson, cee dee lamb, Brandon jones.  Unfortunately they passed on those guys, giving them away the likes of LSU, Stanford, bama, OU. LSU, OU, and UT.  Had they just pulled the trigger on those guys instead of recruiting over them, just imagine how good they would be now.  Maybe even 2nd in their division. 

But just wasn't until 2020. That's the year hindsight comes to fruition because the exchange Clemson and UGA for vandy and Colorado.  That's the year they finally make their run. 

you could never convince me this shit isn't some onion parody if it weren't for the fact that I know several aggy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I have never in my life seen a fan base embrace the words “close loss” like aggy has this season. It really is remarkable. And super fucking pathetic. 

“Next year is our year”

Chin Pubes is so perfect for that group of idiots. Every year he has them believing they’re on the brink of greatness. 

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Luigi can spin *anything*. These fuckers will never, ever stop spinning bullshit, ever. It's the only thing they're good at.

When Texas baseball beat aggy last year and made the CWS their boards were arguing that the “tough SEC schedule wore them down”. 

These idiots will spin anything. 5-7 or 6-6 will make no difference to them. This program is close to greatness and nothing will tell them otherwise. 

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

Part of me wants to see them make it to the national championship, one last chance for old aggyses born after 1939 to see them win it all before they die, only to get blown out in pathetic fashion. 

But that would likely be good for their recruiting, so nah, not worth it. 

I’ve kind of hoped Texas would meet them in the NC and proceed to stomp the shit out of them.

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

Part of me wants to see them make it to the national championship, one last chance for old aggyses born after 1939 to see them win it all before they die, only to get blown out in pathetic fashion. 

But that would likely be good for their recruiting, so nah, not worth it. 

All of me prefers none of them ever see one of their major sports make finals in their lifetime 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

“Next year is our year”

Chin Pubes is so perfect for that group of idiots. Every year he has them believing they’re on the brink of greatness. 

Actually, they switched to "two years from now is when we make our run" a couple of years ago. Looch even says it in that quoted article above.

I'm somewhat surprised A&M isn't involved with Kelly Bryant. Not sure why they have so much faith in Mond. 

Mond was decent against South Carolina but he was bad against Arkansas, Kentucky and Miss State. Teams finally figured out after Alabama that if you keep Mond in the pocket he really struggles to do much of anything. 

54 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm somewhat surprised A&M isn't involved with Kelly Bryant. Not sure why they have so much faith in Mond. 

Mond was decent against South Carolina but he was bad against Arkansas, Kentucky and Miss State. Teams finally figured out after Alabama that if you keep Mond in the pocket he really struggles to do much of anything. 

Mond is like all the other Fisher QBs. Fisher gets called a QB coach, but all his QB's start off great and then regress throughout their time under him.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

not to worry my friend QB commit Calzada who went 3-22 for 32 yards and 4 ints. last week will be along and ready to go next season.

• Like 1