How excited are you about the SEC move?

TexArcher

How excited are you about the SEC move?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you about the SEC move?

• Bart Scott-level Can't Wait. Let's fucking go.
    • I like it, but I have some reservations.
    • Neutral. Meh. Whatever.
    • I don't like it. I would've preferred ____________.

I don't like it but what I would want is so far down the road now it is pretty much a lost cause, I vastly preferred the old regional conferences. I am not looking forward to our remaining time in the Big 12 no matter how long that is.
But I have prepared myself emotionally for this for years since if you have paid any attention to what OU has been saying them going to the SEC was bound to happen eventually and we had no choice but to go with them. So hey it was going to happen and here we are.
But I guess if we were going to end up in one of these super conferences, glad we are in it with schools I hate as much as OU, piggy, and A&M.
I couldnt bear not getting a chance to humiliate blowU every year, and I look forward to reigniting a piggy rivalry I never really knew first hand, but I could die living a fullfilled life with NO RAGRETS if we never play aggy ever again. I shudder at the thought of a few thousand gomers defiling DKR, and pity the Longhorns who drive to Collie station to sit inside a giant, smelly Kroger.

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Only time S-E-C happens at DKR is if they lose. No one is going to chant S-E-C, because it's up to you to not let them. Immediately start Texas Fight if someone starts. 

Really is kinda stupid for two sec teams to be chanting “secsec” to one another.  Is the winner of the game going to chant it to the loser?  Now, with OU and Texas showing up….there just may be some chanting….as a kind of initiation if either lose at their house.  IMHO.

I think its an overrated conference that is successful because the majority of its customer base is a bunch of mouth breathing morons who can't help but live by the creed "here take my money".  That said what i think don't make a shit nor is it important.  The marketing of the SEC has won out.  The recruits, players and media of today have crowned it the the conference of kings. It is the conference to play in.  

So, Texas should take its rightful place and seat at that table and do work.  As DKR said, "If there's gonna be a dance, you want to be invited and you dance with the girl that brought you."

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to play in the conference but for my own reasons.  First, I hope the chanting of SRC catches on.  The thought of winning a conference championship and then shitting on the conference by having a 100k of our fan base chant sRc, sRc, sRc makes me giddy.       

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

HonestlyBig 12 officiating sucks

Playing everyone then the best team again in the championship game sucks

Playing the CCG in Jerry world sucks

Bowlsby sucks

Sharing a conference with rape cover up team sucks

Lubbock sucks

Anything to get away from this shit show is great, joining the best conference is just the cherry on top.

• Hook 'Em 7

13 hours ago, immamac said:

Only time S-E-C happens at DKR is if they lose. No one is going to chant S-E-C, because it's up to you to not let them. Immediately start Texas Fight if someone starts. 

An ironic sec chant while closing out aggy?

Also forgot to add, the reputation of the big 12 sucks. Partially because the officiating, you get thrown out of the game for routine tackles so nobody plays any defense. The game happens so fast of course sometimes guys are going to get hit helmet to helmet. In all the leagues they let em play, if it was obviously malicious and really bad and injuring the guy they give it a look. In the Big12 you can't even blow up a WR screen without getting tossed it's fucking bullshit.

I like the move with reservations.

Like:

a) Chance to play LSU, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia and Ole Miss on the road (tailgating fun)

b) By winning we will screw up A&M recruiting

c) Beating aggy 67% is so much fun and it tortures their existence

d) Renewing rivalry with piggy

e) Keeping OU as a conference game

f) Watching Finebaum have a stroke on air if we go on a run like the 2000's in his beloved S-E-C while we chant We're Texas

g) American Hustle parody video came with the move

Reservations:

a) I hate that we will be forced to play the sister of the poor as bye weeks for 3 OOC home games every year.

b) I hate that young dumb fucks that don't know any better will chant S-E-C.

c) I hate the young dumb fucks that don't know any better will claim we did not want to be there when we lose in bowl games or that the S-E-C is sooo tough we win by playing the best. We're Texas we hate to lose and that is why the last 10 years have been so rotten. We are not moral victory aggy.

d) I hate that we will be associated with a conference that became the premier conference by openly cheating. 

Yup, the last one is the one I hate the most about this move. Love NIL since the field is once again leveled.

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, Zeus said:

An ironic sec chant while closing out aggy?

Also forgot to add, the reputation of the big 12 sucks. Partially because the officiating, you get thrown out of the game for routine tackles so nobody plays any defense. The game happens so fast of course sometimes guys are going to get hit helmet to helmet. In all the leagues they let em play, if it was obviously malicious and really bad and injuring the guy they give it a look. In the Big12 you can't even blow up a WR screen without getting tossed it's fucking bullshit.

Negative, Ghostrider.  

"Poooooooooor aggggyyyyyssss", filling DKR as the sheep humpers sulk away is pure perfection. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

HonestlyBig 12 officiating sucks

Playing everyone then the best team again in the championship game sucks

Playing the CCG in Jerry world sucks

Bowlsby sucks

Sharing a conference with rape cover up team sucks

Lubbock sucks

Anything to get away from this shit show is great, joining the best conference is just the cherry on top.

And one last thing.... 

OU SUCKS!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, ousux said:
19 hours ago, Valmy77 said:
I don't like it but what I would want is so far down the road now it is pretty much a lost cause, I vastly preferred the old regional conferences. I am not looking forward to our remaining time in the Big 12 no matter how long that is.
But I have prepared myself emotionally for this for years since if you have paid any attention to what OU has been saying them going to the SEC was bound to happen eventually and we had no choice but to go with them. So hey it was going to happen and here we are.
But I guess if we were going to end up in one of these super conferences, glad we are in it with schools I hate as much as OU, piggy, and A&M.

I couldnt bear not getting a chance to humiliate blowU every year, and I look forward to reigniting a piggy rivalry I never really knew first hand, but I could die living a fullfilled life with NO RAGRETS if we never play aggy ever again. I shudder at the thought of a few thousand gomers defiling DKR, and pity the Longhorns who drive to Collie station to sit inside a giant, smelly Kroger.

One of my favorite memories was yelling Poooooor Aggies! in BCS after the 2003 game. Going to College Station and humiliating the Aggies is something every Longhorn should experience.

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Reservations:

a) I hate that we will be forced to play the sister of the poor as bye weeks for 3 OOC home games every year.

c) I hate the young dumb fucks that don't know any better will claim we did not want to be there when we lose in bowl games or that the S-E-C is sooo tough we win by playing the best. We're Texas we hate to lose and that is why the last 10 years have been so rotten. We are not moral victory aggy.

d) I hate that we will be associated with a conference that became the premier conference by openly cheating. 

Yup, the last one is the one I hate the most about this move. Love NIL since the field is once again leveled.

a) That is completely untrue, and being in the SEC will allow us to schedule tougher OOC, because SEC treatment means good losses don't hurt as bad

b) I've been to numerous SEC games, and the only times I remember hearing this chant was 2008 SEC title game, 2008 National Title Game, 2019 Sugar Bowl (by me and all of the Texas fans). Sure it happens, but it isn't an every game type of thing.

c) not gonna argue this one, because it is kinda true. I hope we don't adopt that mentality.

d) Cheating had a part, but cheating also killed the SWC and none of those cheaters gained from it. The main reason it is the premier conference is because it has been forward looking and innovative since adding Arky and SC in 91 and playing the first conference championship ever. The SEC has elevated that spot by branding themselves as the best conference and having it repeated by ESPN long enough that it actually came true.

The flip side to this coin is the fact that everyone on the $9.95 board wants us to join the cheating party, and I agree to an extent. We now have the leadership bold enough to move us into that conference, and I doubt we are doing this eyes wide shut. We just need to figure out the new landscape and maximize our brand potential. Being in the SEC will be the way we get back to the top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you love football, SEC is and was the runaway winner. People in the PAC generally could care less about football when it compares to Texas and the Deep South. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. The SEC is where it's at. The run we saw from USC is the last we will see from a team on the west coast.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If you love football, SEC is and was the runaway winner. People in the PAC generally could care less about football when it compares to Texas and the Deep South. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. The SEC is where it's at. The run we saw from USC is the last we will see from a team on the west coast.

With the right leadership, USC could make another run with creative use of NIL. They'd be the only ones I'd bet on from the Pac, though. 

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

With the right leadership, USC could make another run with creative use of NIL. They'd be the only ones I'd bet on from the Pac, though. 

I wouldn't underestimate that Oregon money, tho.  And they've got the facilities.

Edited by TexArcher

2 hours ago, jinx said:

One of my favorite memories was yelling Poooooor Aggies! in BCS after the 2003 game. Going to College Station and humiliating the Aggies is something every Longhorn should experience.

a) That is completely untrue, and being in the SEC will allow us to schedule tougher OOC, because SEC treatment means good losses don't hurt as bad

b) I've been to numerous SEC games, and the only times I remember hearing this chant was 2008 SEC title game, 2008 National Title Game, 2019 Sugar Bowl (by me and all of the Texas fans). Sure it happens, but it isn't an every game type of thing.

c) not gonna argue this one, because it is kinda true. I hope we don't adopt that mentality.

d) Cheating had a part, but cheating also killed the SWC and none of those cheaters gained from it. The main reason it is the premier conference is because it has been forward looking and innovative since adding Arky and SC in 91 and playing the first conference championship ever. The SEC has elevated that spot by branding themselves as the best conference and having it repeated by ESPN long enough that it actually came true.

The flip side to this coin is the fact that everyone on the $9.95 board wants us to join the cheating party, and I agree to an extent. We now have the leadership bold enough to move us into that conference, and I doubt we are doing this eyes wide shut. We just need to figure out the new landscape and maximize our brand potential. Being in the SEC will be the way we get back to the top. 

Alabama plays Mercer, NM State and Southern Miss this year. Look at the schedules that the SEC has imposed on its' members over the years. Is there something you know that says the conference will change who you are allowed to schedule as OOC? Just asking based on your statement.

Edited by DanTheHorn

31 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Alabama plays Mercer, NM State and Southern Miss this year. Look at the schedules that the SEC has imposed on its' members over the years. Is there something you know that says the conference will change who you are allowed to schedule as OOC? Just asking based on your statement.

I'm surprised the SEC just doesn't play everyone in the SWAC and call it a season for their needed OOC blowout scrimmage-like "games" each year.

( SWAC = Southwestern Athletic Conference: consists of Prairie View aggy, Grambling State, Texas Southern [aka tsu], Southern, Alabama aggy, Alabama State, Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State, Alcorn State, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff )

Edited by BachelorTrek

56 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I'm saying that the SEC doesn't control the individual team's OOC schedule any more than the Big 12 does. They definitely choose to play their share of cupcakes which is one of the reasons that they all have inflated W/L records and high rankings. We may decide to do that too, but it won't be because the SEC "imposed" it on us. Moving to 9 conference games will fix that for quite a few of them too.

This year Georgia is playing Clemson, Alabama is playing Miami, Auburn is playing Penn State,  and Arkansas is playing us. Hell even Vandy is playing Tree. When you also consider the auto OOC that some of them have (SC v Clemson, UF vs FSU, Aggy vs Prairie View) it is really the fact that they have 4 open dates that makes the OOC look so weak. Cut that to 3 and play a name school for one of those and the typical SEC schedule won't look much different than ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

I'm surprised the SEC just doesn't play everyone in the SWAC and call it a season for their needed OOC blowout scrimmage-like "games" each year.

( SWAC = Southwestern Athletic Conference: consists of Prairie View aggy, Grambling State, Texas Southern [aka tsu], Southern, Alabama aggy, Alabama State, Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State, Alcorn State, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff )

But, they're helping HBCU programs with their generosity.

My hope is that we get two divisions with bama and auburn moving east. Getting to play Pig, aggy, LSU and then playing OUsux in Dallas every year is about the best scenario possible. It completely trumps all other annual matchups that any conference could offer and we still have room to play a USC or Ohio State as our big OOC game. 

• Like 1

Match ups are great that’s where it begins and ends for excitement and the excitement is high. Arky, OU and Aggy on the schedule is what Texas football is supposed to be. The rest like southern culture/racism/Dixie bullshit, history of cheating, and sec message boards, media fanboys, etc - yeah hard pass.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RollLeft said:

As DKR said, "If there's gonna be a dance, you want to be invited and you dance with the girl that brought you."

damn....that sure aint the quote I remember.....I thought DKR just said that to a stupid writer going in to the Cotton Bowl when he was asked if they were going tp pass since ND would load up against the run....he simply said ..."we are gonna dance with the one that brung us"

Then again I am old...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I'm saying that the SEC doesn't control the individual team's OOC schedule any more than the Big 12 does. They definitely choose to play their share of cupcakes which is one of the reasons that they all have inflated W/L records and high rankings. We may decide to do that too, but it won't be because the SEC "imposed" it on us. Moving to 9 conference games will fix that for quite a few of them too.

This year Georgia is playing Clemson, Alabama is playing Miami, Auburn is playing Penn State,  and Arkansas is playing us. Hell even Vandy is playing Tree. When you also consider the auto OOC that some of them have (SC v Clemson, UF vs FSU, Aggy vs Prairie View) it is really the fact that they have 4 open dates that makes the OOC look so weak. Cut that to 3 and play a name school for one of those and the typical SEC schedule won't look much different than ours.

SEC plays 4 OOC games and I did not say 4 shit games I said 3 shit games in my original post. Telling me about the 1 good OOC game they do play is not a counter point since it was implied in my original post. "Impose" may be a strong word but have you not heard that SEC members are a family and team players. Playing 3 shit games a year is part of being a good family member.

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

SEC plays 4 OOC games and I did not say 4 shit games I said 3 shit games in my original post. Telling me about the 1 good OOC game they do play is not a counter point since it was implied in my original post. "Impose" may be a strong word but have you not heard that SEC members are a family and team players. Playing 3 shit games a year is part of being a good family member.

Well, I for one hope we don't play multiple shit games against FCS teams like aggy.

It's pretty much assumed that the SEC schedule will be 9 games after UT & OU join. That gives us 3 games - 1 "helmet" P4/P5 OOC, 1 FBS Tier 2 (AAC, Sun Belt, MWC), and maybe 1 FCS cupcake? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

And I said they are likely to move to 3 OOC games which will fix that problem.

Are you my wife?

Well, I for one hope we don't play multiple shit games against FCS teams like aggy.
It's pretty much assumed that the SEC schedule will be 9 games after UT & OU join. That gives us 3 games - 1 "helmet" P4/P5 OOC, 1 FBS Tier 2 (AAC, Sun Belt, MWC), and maybe 1 FCS cupcake? 
All the other teams (incl Bama) will do minimum 2 FCS, if we dont follow suit it would be bold..but dumb. Nobody in the SEC gets dinged in perception for that, shouldnt be different for us.
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, TexArcher said:

I like it, but I have some reservations.  I'm literally dreading hearing the S-E-C chant in DKR.  I don't like the Deep South in general and aggy specifically.  I do think the move will be good for us in the long run, and maybe quickly.  But they're gonna HATE us.  I picture us hating to lose to anyone in the SEC the same way we hate to lose to aggy, just because they won't shut the fuck up about it for a full year.  So, we'd better win, a lot.

I am looking forward to immediately taking over that conference in basketball and baseball.  And a lot of those schools really care about baseball, so those rivalries could become very good.

I'm a UGA fan and I totally get it. We played OU in the Rose Bowl and I don't think we chanted SEC at all. Obviously, we didn't do it at the 2018 Sugar Bowl either. That is more for the Ala/Aub fans when they beat someone in the CapOne/Outback Bowl. Not sure if anyone else does it anymore, though it was done fairly often when the Peach Bowl was SEC vs ACC and you had teams going up against the Clemson's and GT's of the world who talk all kinds of garbage about our league. 

What UT fans should understand is most SEC schools are not stereotypical Deep South people and, frankly, most of us try to distance ourselves from those generalizations as much as possible. Here's a quick rundown for you of SEC fans, towns, schools, etc. ....

EAST

UGA - Athens is basically in metro Atlanta now, and you will get more of a metro vibe in Athens than country, by far. Athens is typically considered one of the top college towns the country and has a college music scene rivaled by few, namely ... Austin. ND fans took out an ad in the Athens paper to acknowledge how hospitable our fans were and to thank us for being so welcoming. Our rivals will trash our fanbase, but that is how things work. The ND's, Ok State's, Colorado's, Boise St's and UNC fans have had nothing but good things to say about our fans. 

UF is a different world entirely from the Deep South for the most part. The Swamp is definitely very hostile though. 

UK is largely an out of state student body with a huge Ohio/Penn/Ill presence. A decent amount of Nashville and Atlanta kids go there as well. Bigtime bourbon and horse racing scene in Lexington and that area of the commonwealth. It's an underrated road trip, especially if Keeneland is open. 

Tenn has a strong draw to metro Nashville as well and is a fairly popular choice for metro Atlanta kids. Cool stadium to win in and very close to a lot of mountain retreats. Their fans are pretty friendly, even to rivals. 

SoCar is 1.5 hours from the beaches and draws a ton of kids form the Northeast. You'll find more kids there from NJ than Alabama, for example. A lot from metro Atlanta, Charlotte and Florida as well. Not an overly aggressive fanbase and close to Charleston and the coast, so it can be a nice roadtrip for those with a few days to vacation. Columbia is okay, but tends to be hotter and more humid than you. might think and is fairly average for a town of its size.

Vandy is one of the nation's top 25 universities with students from everywhere. Nashville is a fun city to visit if you haven't been there. A lot less country than you might imagine. 

Mizzou - Texas people are probably more familiar with the Mizzou crowd than I am, but it is far from southern. 

WEST

Ala/Aub - Basically the same crowd, believe it or not. They are both around 2/3 out of state students with a ton from the north and a ton from metro Atlanta and Florida. They have surprising amount from large northern metro areas. Both try to recruit students aggressively from wealthy areas of said cities and are known for giving partial 'ships for pretty much anyone with a decent test score. Both fanbases carry shakers around like some sort of weapon and both think they have the market cornered on "class". I beg to differ. They have been more violent incidences with Ala fans than all other teams combined. They are nuts. Aub fans are not as violent, but tend to be out of touch with reality when it comes to their place in CFB and how good they should expect to be. You can get into an argument with an Aub fan very easily. 

As far as the towns, Aub is better than its rep and Tusca is worse. Neither is anything special and neither are the stadiums. 

Ole Miss - Traditionally the school for the wealthy from Memphis or New Orleans, they are now in the mix for the same kids as Ala/Aub. I didn't hear of anyone going to Ole Miss from metro Atlanta 20 years ago, now they are a popular choice. Oxford is the second-best college town in the SEC. The Grove is a must-see, as is the talent. Solid road trip and is fairly close to Memphis for flights and/or accommodations. The red jerseys and powder blue helmets are the second-best look in the league.

Miss St - Don't really know much about their students, but they definitely go after kids from Texas and Atlanta. More of a Missipp school than Ole Miss. I've a lot of derisive remarks about Starkville, but it is what it is. They don't pretend to be anything they aren't. It's a small town and the pastures literally run up against the stadium grounds. Not much Gameday traffic and fairly low-key environment. Also, beware the cowbells! 

LSU - Obviously very Louisiana, but they have huge presence in Houston as many of you may know. Their fans are super vocal and you'll find some who are aggressive and belligerent and others who are your best friend almost immediately. For the serious road tripper, this trip is a must. Stadium is as raucous as any in the country. BR isn't much, but the tailgating is. 

Arkansas/A&M - Again, you guys know more about them than I do. 

That said, you will definitely run up against some good ole boys at some of these places, but nothing you can't avoid/ignore. Don't worry so much about the SEC chant. Once UT is in the league, there will be no reason to chant it at your fans .... 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I'm turning seventy this weekend and I love college football, especially in person.   I've been going to Bama games since the late 1950s.  I saw Colt go down in 2010 and actually was disappointed when it happened because I wanted the game to be a good one.  As you know, it was a helluva game.  With five minutes left it was a three point game and the Horns were one Shipley catch away from overtime or winning, until the blind side sack fumble.  This move by Texas, Oklahoma and the SEC is outstanding.  I'm most pleased and amazed at how quickly it went to full orgasm.  This shit will go much better if visiting fans just keep an open mind, get good and high, lay back, enjoy themselves and leave the sociocultural biases the fuck at home.

Tomatillo provided a decent, albeit subjective sketch above.  The schools and fans are evolving in unpredictable directions.  This will be one cool journey, with plenty of unexpected surprises.  As Spinal Tap drummer Viv always said, "Have a GOOD time ALL the time."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Overall, I like the move. We are moving towards super conferences anyway, so might as well take our pick before there is no more room at the inn. From a competition standpoint, I have reservations. We’re in the big boy conference now. We had trouble winning the Big 12, even when it’s quality diminished and we should have been fighting with ou for dominance. We didn’t fare much better during our dominant stretch either. With the NIL and being a part of the NFL factory that is the SEC, we should do well on paper with recruiting. But...we were already doing that in the Big 12. Sark needs to work out for us as we’ll never dig ourselves out of our current hole if we change coaches every few years because we can’t establish a culture and identity. Gaining 2 our our traditional rivals back is a plus. Rivalries is what makes CFB so great, even if it means dealing with the cult of Aggie.

5 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Overall, I like the move. We are moving towards super conferences anyway, so might as well take our pick before there is no more room at the inn. From a competition standpoint, I have reservations. We’re in the big boy conference now. We had trouble winning the Big 12, even when it’s quality diminished and we should have been fighting with ou for dominance. We didn’t fare much better during our dominant stretch either. With the NIL and being a part of the NFL factory that is the SEC, we should do well on paper with recruiting. But...we were already doing that in the Big 12. Sark needs to work out for us as we’ll never dig ourselves out of our current hole if we change coaches every few years because we can’t establish a culture and identity. Gaining 2 our our traditional rivals back is a plus. Rivalries is what makes CFB so great, even if it means dealing with the cult of Aggie.

You guys will love the SEC. the outsider perspective is tainted, but once you are in, you will get it and most likely enjoy it. 

Texas will win big, it is just a matter of when. As an aside, it will be great for the league and for UT to play some of our programs in sports like tennis, golf, swimming, track & field, etc. 

Baseball will also be fun. You'll definitely fit right in with your tradition and fanbase. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm excited about the sheer number of quality opponents we'll have on the schedule now. Also I'm hopeful that the SEC's focus on football and the overall level of competition will hopefully have the beneficial effect on our BMDs of unifying them to push us out of this malaise we've been in for not only the last decade, but for the better part of 50 years (at least relative to our National prominence). 

On 8/10/2021 at 7:09 PM, DFW Horn said:

I’d be shocked if it was an FCS team. It will more likely be Rice/UTEP/North Texas etc

• Hook 'Em 1

No reservations about the competition, lately we've been a team that simultaneously plays down to the competition (go into games against K-state, froggy, Tceh etc with limp dicks) no matter if that competition has proven the year before they can beat us..then we get up for the big games and occiasionally beat blowU and regularly mop up in bowl games. Each conference game will be a near rivalry game atmosphere in the SEC. The top tier teams trying to put us "in our place" and the lower tier teams (Vandy, aggy etc) haplessly trying to assert their "we've been in the SEC longer than you" type jealously thing. It will be fun each and every week...and now we can carry on the SEC tradition of FCS scrimmage games to tune our lineup early in the season..and give some young players a gameday audition.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

There’s nothing more obnoxious than a winning fanbase, regardless of rednecks. And they have dominated CFB for 15 years, winning 11 of 15 titles, with 4 schools winning a title, 3 schools winning at least 2, and a 5th that should have won 1. 

It doesn’t matter where these winners are. USC was totally obnoxious. Miami was. Ohio St is. Patriots fans are. 

Texas fans talking about not wanting to associate with Southern schools/fans are just as irritating as Aggies’ obsession with us. 

Counterpoint: Nebraska    Their fans were damn cordial until they started losing, especially to us.  Repeatedly.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:55 AM, DanTheHorn said:

I like the move with reservations.

Like:

a) Chance to play LSU, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia and Ole Miss on the road (tailgating fun)

b) By winning we will screw up A&M recruiting

c) Beating aggy 67% is so much fun and it tortures their existence

d) Renewing rivalry with piggy

e) Keeping OU as a conference game

f) Watching Finebaum have a stroke on air if we go on a run like the 2000's in his beloved S-E-C while we chant We're Texas

g) American Hustle parody video came with the move

Reservations:

Not happening.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, DanTheHorn said:

Citation required.  Where is your proof that the conference, in any way, influences OOC scheduling?

19 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Citation required.  Where is your proof that the conference, in any way, influences OOC scheduling?

i-dont-know-it-for-a-fact-i-just-know-th

Seems to much of a coincidence that all these teams schedule a bunch of OOC low quality teams and then those that join start doing the same.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, USNALonghorn said:

Oh I’m sure the game day atmosphere in Death Valley is something to experience. I’m talking about places to visit, going beyond the stadium or campus.

Nashville is a big city to explore over a weekend. UF and SoCar would be nice if you have the time to stay at a beach and drive 1.5-2 hours to the game. UGA is close to Atlanta, and you can stay there for a night or two before driving in for the game. Athens is a great college town, but just one day there should suffice. If you stay there Fri, you can check out the free campus botanical gardens and art museum, then have a nice dinner at any of the quality restaurants in the area (may need to make reservations at some several weeks in advance for a Gameday weekend.) Bars are never-ending downtown if that's what you're looking for. 

For Ole Miss, you can stay in Memphis and drive to Oxford for Gameday and same with LSU and New Orleans. 

Lexington is underrated and features the horse races at Keeneland and bourbon tours nearby. Pretty cool trip, especially after the leaves change. Tenn has mountain towns in the Great Smokeys nearby. Nice views and a peaceful getaway if you like mountains and wilderness. 

Edited by Tomatillo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1